News Picking Up King of the Battlefield

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Wujigege, Dec 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    Rumby, Bachingchung, anon and 9 others like this.
  2. gheist1234

gheist1234 |Path Finder| 『WuxiaWworld Vet.』|Beardy| |Zen|

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry to ask, but wasn't this being translated by Myoniyoni Translations? And it's almost completely translated right?
    Would you be translating from the start or just the remaining chapters?
    Cheers and thanks for picking this up!~

3. MianaXenia

MianaXenia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Myoniyoni is shutting down if I remember.

gheist1234 and Wujigege like this.
  4. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Answer to your first question:
    https://myoniyonitranslations.com/myoniyoni-translation/
    upload_2019-12-12_14-42-40.png
    to your second question:
    I will continue from where they stopped

Jiggy and gheist1234 like this.
  5. gheist1234

gheist1234 |Path Finder| 『WuxiaWworld Vet.』|Beardy| |Zen|

Reading List:
    Link
    Wujigege likes this.
  6. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be fair, the announcement does say at least one translator will be moving on to somewhere else. I wouldn't be surprised if the translator for KotB plans to rehost the novel and continue on. ... But then, I also wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. It doesn't matter that they're only twenty five chapters from the end. Hell, Bagelson disappeared with only six left to go on Douluo Dalu. ... and it's been almost two weeks since that shut down announcement and there hasn't been a single word from that translator, afaik. Geez.

I started reading KotB back around the tail end of 2016, I think. I kept up with it until chapter 89, released in January of 2017. I stopped there, because the releases went from being once every few days to once every few weeks, at best. In an entire month there might've been two. So I decided to let it stack for awhile, and read it when there was more. Since then, I've checked in on the translation's progress once every couple of months or so, and it's been... bad. In just shy of three full years, they've gone from that chapter 89 to 245, a total of only 156 chapters. Even now that there's only 25 left to go, at the current pace it'll take another half a year at the fastest. Half a year, for 25 chapters. .... I decided a long time ago that I was going to wait until it was fully translated before reading it all, from the beginning again. Then this happens, and the site shuts down. Blegh.

GDLiZy and Wujigege like this.
  7. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks you very much. while im sad to see it ending, i am very happy that it will be completed rather than left unfinished. hope it ends well

Wujigege likes this.
  8. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    First chapter tomorrow

9. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    King of the Battlefield chapter sent to @userunfriendly to proofread.
    Cheers!

P.S. Two chapters planned this month if there are enough readers and people care enough to read on my website instead of on pirate websites. I will see about increasing to 4
    Cheers!

10. kobatochandaisuki

kobatochandaisuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have mixed feelings to see another korean translation group shutting down...
    Well, RIP Myoniyoni

Bachingchung and Wujigege like this.
  11. Dwarkin

Dwarkin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aren't you one step away from shutting down too? It's not like you have many novels and your translating speed isn't any better

12. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha. What a laugh.

13. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    What does that have to do with shutting down or not?

14. Dwarkin

Dwarkin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, so you are doing this for free, right?

15. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    I had my annual flu/cold last week. I am currently working on the glossary of terms, as my headache permit.

Guys, the biggest dissatisfaction with new translators for an established KR and CN are due to two reasons. Even within the same group, there’s a spate of complaints when a new translator takes over.

1) Getting the names wrong. The first chapters of a novel sets the spelling for the names for the major and minor players. When a new translator picks up, unless they take care to get the names and spelling the same as the previous translator, it is jarring. As this is the easiest “flaw” to notice, this starts the reader hunting for more things to dislike about a new translator.

2) Colloquial English. Rewriting much of it so it simply reads better is hard. I do it a lot with KR novels, and it never gets easier. Trying to preserve as much of the author’s intent while making it more accessible to English readers never, ever gets easier. :( But this makes the novel FUN. We’re not translating Hemingway, we’re translating web novels. Taking the time to make the reading experience more enjoyable is the best that we, the translators and the editors can do.

As mentioned, I’ve been sick. As mentioned, I am in the process of finishing up the glossary to make the novel more enjoyable.

Please reduce the heckling of @Wujigege , the current delay is due to snow day Seattle. I had to shovel the driveway, and most years it depresses my immune system to the point I get sick.:(

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    Westeller and Wujigege like this.
  16. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Take your time and get well soon. No need to rush

userunfriendly likes this.
  17. Kuchi66

Kuchi66 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This used to be one of my favorite korean webnovels, reread it like 3 times because the updates were like 1 every 3 months and I kept forgetting, lol. On my 3rd reread, a couple years after my 2nd. I realized that they explain things like it's literally meant for dumbasses who can't understand things in-between the line and then I couldn't continue it.

It's like this:
    King picked up a random piece of plastic on the ground. It was a plastic bottle. A plastic bottle is a bottle made out of plastic. You can use it to put water in it, because it can hold water. Water is very important in sustaining someones life force, so it's very important to have water to drink. If King didn't have water, then he would have to go to the Ice territory, barely surviving. The water bottle was his savior.

Still, a fun read though and I loved the plot/story. Hope you can become the new translator.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    Wujigege and userunfriendly like this.
  18. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Been ages since I put it on-hold, knowing that it would probably never get finished in my lifetime. Looking forward to seeing its completion! :cookie:

Wujigege likes this.
  19. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    people don't pay anything from their own pocket unless it's donation so technically yes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.