Recommendations Picking up a dropped novel or two TO READ NOT TRANSLATE

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Atros, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    It used to get updated like every few days and its just as good as Zhanxian. I really wanna know why GGP insists on holding it without doing much with it? Especially with the flack he's getting from picking up IET's new novel. Preparations should have been taken ahead of time to pass it off. Many people were outraged even before then but now all I see on IET's new novel are people key'd off about DD taking a further backstage.

Gunji Murgi likes this.
  2. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll vote NO for Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken (WN).
    The Empire Invades story arc you're in the middle of is lame. After all the build up since practically the start of the novel, it concludes with a "that's it?!!!" The high level demons Diablo picked up in ch-143 to be his flunkies just nuked everything. Literally. A million Empire invaders in a 3 prong approach into the Forest and they don't last a day after Rimuru gave the command to engage. I think it was half a chapter and the invasion was over. There were a few follow up chapter rehashing things from different perspectives, but still wtf?!!!

And these high level demons took over as the primary side characters of this novel. From here on, all of Rimuru's friends that he had gathered before get hardly any screen time.

And the next two story arcs were extremely tedious to read. It was like Re:Monster with significant portions of the chapters describing yet another OP skill that manifested. I stopped at ch-205 and can't motivate myself to read more.

Atros likes this.
  3. Atros

Atros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aheh, edited the title since that's three people now who thought I was translating, one who barreled through without reading and actually made recommendations about my non-existent hypothetical translations :rolleyes:

@ likes this.
  4. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    none of them except Tsuki ga Michibiku

SenjiQ and Atros like this.
  5. @

@ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was amused by the first two's misunderstanding at first, but almost dropped dead thanks to the third. rofl

Atros likes this.
  6. Hackz101

Hackz101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Atros likes this.