Request Pirate/Sailing Game Similar to BlackFlag

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Viola, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    So i am very close to beating Assassin's Creed Black Flag and 100%'ing everything, so i find myself in need of a new game to dump my spare time in to. I've been thinking about Witcher 3 but first i thought I'd see if there were any similar games to Black Flag since i enjoyed it enough to find all the collectables.

So I'm asking for any games that you all may know of that are similar to the Pirate aspect of Assassins Creed Black Flag. I am looking for the same general combat system but at the same time that may be a bit too narrow of a search so i am really fine with any Sailing/Pirate like games you guys can recommend. It could be top down control of a ship or First-Person control like in Black Flag. It also doesn't have to be the only thing about the game, it can be a part of the game just like Black Flag was.

PC or Console (PS4) are both okay.

If anyone has other good recommendations for a console game that is a good time dump with an open world I'd be open to those suggestions too.

2. Rreelentless

Rreelentless Captain Sheriff Admiral Colonel Major General

Reading List:
    Link
    assassins creed rogue

3. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought that game is nearly unplayable due to the massive amount of bugs, even after it got patched aren't there still a bunch of problems? or am i thinking of Unity?

4. Adastria Lillith

Adastria Lillith [Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus]

Reading List:
    Link
    There's an old game called pirates of the carribean (not the movie). It's kinda fun if not for the bugs (like millions of them).. You can be pirates, traders, privateers (some sort of Pirates but working for a government). Buy or build ship, have a fleet..

Edit: there's also battlestation (pacific and midway) ummm it's not a pirate game, but you fight in ww2 using battleship, destroyer, frigates, planes... Yup, i forgot which, but you can even use the legendary Yamato..

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    Viola likes this.
  5. Rreelentless

Rreelentless Captain Sheriff Admiral Colonel Major General

Reading List:
    Link
    you're thinking of unity

Viola likes this.
  6. raven

raven What to type?

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a similar game called Raven's Cry google it if you don't believe it but the game is so buggy that you would quit after a couple of levels.

7. Khatulistiwa

Khatulistiwa An Egg Eternal

Reading List:
    Link
    Risen 3? fighting sea monster is quite fun XD

Viola likes this.
  8. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Sid Meier's Pirates!

Awesome game. Played it to death back in the day. Go on, play it. You won't be disappointed. Although you can play it without numpad, it's better to play with numpad because the dancing to woo governor's daughters without numpad is a pain in the ass. You can always get the usb extension, though.

Basically, you signed up with either the French, Spanish, English or Dutch as crewmen. Then on your voyage to the Carribean, you and the others rebelled and you become the new captain. From then on, you can become a privateer to one of the major powers or become a total douche and pirate everyone. Or you can beat up other pirates and become the top pirate. Unlike other pirate games, the type of sails/ships and wind direction matters greatly when you either want to chase or escape.

This is a guy on speedrun

Viola likes this.
  9. hachiman hikigaya

hachiman hikigaya Semper fidelis

Reading List:
    Link
    sea of thieves