Spoiler Plague Doctor by Wallee the Robot

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by vide, Jun 1, 2020.

1. vide

vide M E T A L H E A D

Reading List:
    Link
    Novel's Description;

The once-bustling and noisy streets were now filled with an eerie blanket of silence.

Hoarse and frenzied whispers lingered high above the heavens, and an indescribable ancient giant lurked in the shadows of the bottomless ocean.

A mysterious plague had outbroken, and natural disasters wrought the Earth. Global pandemic and catastrophes had the panicked masses seeking illusory shelters from the devastation, day and night.

A bloody shower poured over the land as the streaks of lightning tore across the sky, illuminating the ill-intentioned gathering of ravens above. Nevermore, nevermore, quoth the ravens.

“We can see that this malformed creature has twelve pairs of ribs like humans, but also has a “transverse bone” that humans do not possess…”

In the medical school, Gu Jun continued bringing down his scalpel, illustrating the abnormal thoracic structure of the malformed cadaver on the dissection table to the surrounding students.

Ominous and treacherous times had descended! Truth and logic had crumbled, order warped into a frenzy. Humanity can only forge ahead through the power of intelligence and wisdom.

Novel's link.

From what i know from people's reviews on Qidian site, it seems that this novel was on a trial read and failed to get picked for further translation. Its really a shame for such a quality novel which is really rare nowadays to be treated as such.

I've read till chap 73 and i assumed maybe his parents were not really his after the author depicted them as fanatical about him(?). Its too soon to tell and i can't wait to read where the story will bring us.

As far as i read, i can safely say that this novel may have potential like Lord of Mysteries. There is much suspense and puzzle going on as i read each new chapter.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    yourstrulylen and imawitch like this.
  2. imawitch

imawitch Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw it in reccommendation and plan on reading it but I didnt think it got dropped(?!) what?!

3. vide

vide M E T A L H E A D

Reading List:
    Link
    It has been weeks that its stopped at chapter 60. I don't know what happen at Qidan. There are so many good novels being halted while much of trash novels being picked left and right. My biggest dissappointment is they stop translating Thriller Paradise. Such a let down!

Anyway, you should read this novel! There so much potential in it!

imawitch likes this.
  4. Amanmeena

Amanmeena Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ^^ +1
    Too many good novels are being dropped.

5. imawitch

imawitch Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what??! Thriller paradise gone hiatus too?
    edit: I just search for it and last update is wednesday..so its unlikely to get dropped

vide likes this.
  6. imawitch

imawitch Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think his parent is not his bio parent. Maybe he's kidnapped and all those visions are his from his last life because all those afterlife stuff...

7. vide

vide M E T A L H E A D

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed. His supposedly 'mom' is a member of Afterlife cult. She has been exprimenting with plenty of kids to awaken their ESP powers. I assume that MC is one of those 'kids'.

imawitch likes this.
  8. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Been MTL-ing this one, it's really epic.

FL is not the doctor girl btw, it's a girl that MC meets much later who can read auras (Shiyu). She and MC are kinda funny lol, call each other by pet names (romance is actually pretty well done in this novel, they're friends & coworkers before it builds up to their relationship and you really feel the depth of trust and feelings they have for each other).

Novel dives a lot into the supernatural (esp Cthulhu mythos) in later arcs and fighting big baddies. Very mind-bendy and satisfying, they don't skimp on horror.

yourstrulylen, Emma401 and Igemona like this.
  9. Emma401

Emma401 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    how does the novel end? can you explain the ending?

10. yourstrulylen

yourstrulylen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link