Spoiler Plaything: The Toy of a Grand Duke

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by Just_One_More_Chapter, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Mozzarella

Mozzarella Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like I'm gonna have to pretend the side stories don't exist then. Just the happy ending main story, yep.

But also I wonder why the person who told you that keeps a tight lip about it. I mean, it's not like I can read the novel through official means even if I wanted to :| bc I for one don't speak Korean, and I highly doubt it's ever getting released in my country :|

If I had to guess, I'd say one of them dies. Or Sa-Yan has to marry a woman.

2. Mozzarella

Mozzarella Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I doubt it would be the first option because
    the Duke's narrative doesn't revolve around him finding something to protect. Tbh it's more likely that Ilrick would die protecting him. Tbh I have a hard time figuring what his deal even is, considering we just get Ilrick's perspective. The Duke seems to be this mysterious and powerful character, an unattainable and irresistible force.

It could be the second, now that you mention. But I wouldn't be so upset if it ends like that. But now my guess is
    that it might end like New York New York, or like Banana Fish. God I'd hate that.

But I place my bets on Ilrick being separated from the Duke and living a lonely/sad life or even marrying that gf of his and having kids, but with the memories of his time with the Duke.

3. kieranfortier

kieranfortier Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers? Anyone? Ç_ç

I’m so unsure if the duke feels something for Mc. Sometimes I think he does, but then I’m not so sure… there are cold characters that can remain unfeeling and fake otherwise, I hate those the most (hidden danger).

AwanPutih likes this.
  4. AwanPutih

AwanPutih Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler please... What thats bittersweet things?? Its kind of Sus.. Please not something thats leave bitter after taste lik HHYL

5. AwanPutih

AwanPutih Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I kind of hear someone said about suicide notes... And thing likes get freedom after death for vol. 4 of this novel... Its freak me out.... Is he died? Coz of suicide??? Illic died???? Spoiler pleasee anyone?? Thats manhwa too slow for update and i can not buy that korean novel in my country... Its never be release here.... Even though i want to buy its so muchhhh....

Soo just answers my question that Sa yan would not do that kind things that make illic want to suicide right??? Or how this gonna happen?

6. Plumpuppeach

Plumpuppeach Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay I got some spoiler of the ending of the side story; it's gonna be quick and direct, I won't add everything

So llic and Sayan been together for 20yrs (10yrs then timeskip to another 10yrs)
    Ilic doesn't seem to see it as a full romance, he never said I love you to sayan but he knows after so many years that Sayan is his partner.
    Now llic has a dream and in the end of the dream Sayan dies, he wakes up.

So at the end of the story he's with Sayan (alive) beside him but he's thinking that all the things in the dream are happening in reality. So to put it this way, its foreshadowing that Sayan is to die sometimes shortly after the ending of the novel. It's also bittersweet because Sayan loves IIic but llic never really seem to be in love but the same he was (its kinda hard put, you would need read the novel to understand). [EDIT: oh I found the perfect phrase for this, it's that llic with never love Sayan the way Sayan wants him to love him despite them being together for so long]
    Some say he did die at the end but either way Sayan does dies despite him being alive at the end. It's also mention how he's sick but do keep in mind, at this time they are old

I won't go too deep but that pretty much it. This definitely a bittersweet ending. If you understand how llic feelings and how he
    never really reciprocate Sayan love for him even at the end

@Doofs
    @Mozzarella
    @Just_One_More_Chapter
    @kieranfortier
    @AwanPutih

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
  7. aashrobert

aashrobert New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So i partially read the last (6?) Extra novel chapters after purchasing them and Google translated them, here's what contrasts from what you said above, maybe I'm incorrect since I'm not a native korean speaker.

so yes some parts of his dream did come true but he did mention that "contrary to my dream, duke's health has improved and he doesn't complain about headaches anymore, and he seems much healthier because of the sex they have at night (i suppose?)"
    He even says that his dream covered the part where duke was sick with constant headaches before and followed by his death due to the illness but he then realizes its past that part since he's much better and still looks the same just that his hair has grown longer. Someone developed some medicine that helped the duke's health.

He basically had a dream and woke up crying because of many things like duke's death and in the duke's will, duke had said "protect elick from any enemies" "when duke dies elick is free" he's crying because he didn't exactly feel free even though duke died (in his dream). He is attached to the duke hence he cried after realizing it. Even in reality (when he woke up) it was the same thing written in the duke's will just those few lines.

Last line of the novel extra its sweet. ♡
    I kissed sayan alive in my arms.

I personally feel elick contradicts himself by saying stuff about duke in his head but deep down he does treasure him quite abit that the dream was haunting him.

Theyre quite old now and he doesn't bother having a family and all cause he is "old" he says but i feel he's just attached to the duke but wont admit it

8. Plumpuppeach

Reading List:
    Link
    Korean readers and I even ask them myself, that Sayan
    is hinted that he's getting sick and it's foreshadowing his death is upcoming after the novel ending

llic is definitely attach to Sayan but doesnt love him the away sayan wants him to love him. Not that he doesn't actually love him

9. congchua1301

congchua1301 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this BL right? I remembered I saw raw complete of this novel but the name is different, only Play thing: The toy but my mother came so I leave and forgot about that.

10. AwanPutih

AwanPutih Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thankyou so much!!!!!

11. NovelenthusiastIDK

NovelenthusiastIDK Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why are you so stubborn about him dying soon, there was sth said about them being old and it not even being a reality, but a dream. I think it would be better to be more optimistic

Creolenerd likes this.
  12. catsforz

catsforz Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much!
    I read a lot of comments on the official page of the novel and could not understand why many people call the end not quite happy.

If someone can share the novel - I will be grateful

13. Plumpuppeach

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not being stubborn tf? That's literally what the author intended. Even Korean reader are saying the same thing. Yes they're old and yes it was a dream but that doesn't change the fact that the author is foreshadowing his death. That's why the novel is tag as bittersweet, it's a sweet moment but still sad given by two reasons the foreshadowing and llic loving him but not being in love with him. Im just replying what readers are saying and the ones who gave me the spoilers (who understand Korean fluently) plus the bits I reader too

Deleted member 449830 likes this.
  14. JJTG

JJTG Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    20 yrs together is not that long in term of life span, if they were 20s, theyre only 40s, which is not that old at all. I do not thinking they need to love each other at the same degree, having loved and be loved is already a blessing. Since I haven't ready the book, I'm curious how this uneven level of love is played out in writting. In the manwha, he is more tsundere in personality, doesn't mean he love less, just differently. And I do wonder why the author added this bittersweet extra chapter after a happy ending. It felt unnecessary, we know eventually they will grow out and die, but to hint it prematurely without additional chapter seems a bit cruel for the happy readers.

15. sukiinuyo

sukiinuyo New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh wow from everything I've read on this forum, the side story is so bittersweet :( Does anyone know the main story ending that doesnt include the side story? i heard something about how Sayan visits Elric during a snowstorm because he thought Elric was mad at him and then they sit near a fireplace and Sayan learns about Elric's bad dream and then they cuddle and hug,, it's really sweet but i am not sure if this is the ending or not so if anyone knows what it is i'd love to know cuz im obsessed with this series sm :(