Other Request Please explain ABO

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by luoxinle, Jan 24, 2023.

Tags:
  1. luoxinle

luoxinle Book Club Founder

Reading List:
    Link
    How does it work? Why do you like this genre? What are your favorite and least favorite ABO tropes? Favorite and least favorite ABO novels?

I've seen ABO novels come up in my searches, but I feel like you could just write a BG novel? Why ABO instead?

2. HealingMoon

HealingMoon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a way for the authors to write mpreg

ReaderReader likes this.
  3. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, but why? Why not just write BG?

4. HealingMoon

HealingMoon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    New genres are always interesting, so because of the confusion, there's more readers. Besides, the pheromones are good plot devices

5. puukkiss

puukkiss I'm Keeping My Eye On You!

Reading List:
    Link
    I enjoy ABO because FMCs may be physically powerful Alfas and no one bats an eye. You'll read in regular writing all the time scenes like this: "Oh my little sweetie, what are you doing here, come and papa will take care of you!" And MC proceeds to prove them wrong. At the same time, any woman who isn't strong, generally a love rival or cannon fodder passerby, would be ridiculed by MC/MCs companions for being weak, not being like her, and choosing the easy way out. Bla bla bla.
    Meanwhile, ABO FMC if she is Alfa and strong, that is it. Nobody doubts it. There is no other woman brought down to elevate MC since Alfa is Alfa.
    It's satisfying to read about strong FMC without constantly being reminded that all average normal women are weak and MC is a unique snowflake.
    Not to mention, if in a regular novel if FMC is strong, she at some point in the story will be put through: almost got raped scene. You have to remind readers that if a woman in real life did something like that and was brave, she would have been raped.
    So far I have not read FMC Alfa who had these scenes.

luoxinle likes this.
  6. ReaderReader

ReaderReader (◍•ᴗ•◍) [Important things must be said 2 times]

Reading List:
    Link
    I like to read GL abo because I know that it's impossible for me to have a child with my partner that shares our dna just like it does with a BG couple,
    It's a way of escaping reality, what if 2 people of the same biological gender can have their own baby the traditional way with no donor. It's adoption or using a donor, the only part you and your partner can share (for woman) is to use A's ovaries but B carries to term

puukkiss likes this.
  7. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahh, I didn't think of this. I'm bisexual and nonbinary, but I've always wanted to adopt regardless of the sex of my partner, so I don't usually think about wishing I could make a bio kid. Planning to adopt also takes some of the time pressure off - I'm in my mid-30s and still single, but if I adopt a teenager, I'll be the same age as other parents.

Interesting, that's helpful.

puukkiss and ReaderReader like this.