Discussion Please Give Me Your Translator Drama, Gossip, or Just Interesting Stories/Facts

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by remy911, Jan 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. remy911

remy911 ┗|`o′|┛ Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Inspired a bit by this thread, I was wonder if anyone knows of any other kinds of drama that has happened in the community. You don't have to name names.

I know of quite a few scanlation drama, but since the novel translation scene is rather new (or maybe I just don't pay attention), I haven't really heard of any stories.

Yes, I am a vulture.

EDIT: It doesn't have to be anything salacious. Like today, I found out that @Guro and @Yukkuri Oniisan are brothers! I think that's kinda cool? (Please let me know if you want me to delete this. I found it on your sites, so I assume it's okay.)

(Please don't hijack or cause drama here though. You should know I enjoy giving out warning points so much, I made it into a certain forum game...)

2. NeaxD

NeaxD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have one. It involves a anime viewing site though. I will not go into much detail but on the comments for anime episodes over at Anilinkz there is a nortorioius admin known for not holding back his punches. He goes all out when he does his admin duty. His name is Code Monkey I have seen a few of the arguments that happen and the rage between him and some people. It is always fun to read once I am done watching the anime episode.
    to quote a person that has hatred for CM.
    This is what some person anonymously wrote about anilinkz admins in Urbandictionary after he was banned out of their comment section for anime episodes. You could probably write a book with the amount of drama in those comments.

3. phoenom

phoenom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    now this is something , grab some porpcorn here

although most of times admin need to keep his neutrality , IMO admin still a anime lover , he is free to comment and raging with people as long as he isn't abusing his admin authority but this gonna be make some problem on the future when some people banned and raging for injustice while banning is justified for example being a racist

nb : was trying to remember some drama about horrible subs long time ago with some translations group

Hahhaa likes this.
  4. qzty

qzty From normal-fag to F5-er Jack of Spades

Reading List:
    Link
  5. NeaxD

NeaxD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He explains and disagree quite a bit with people and usually will end a argument with a ban once he feels he has given sufficient information why the other party is wrong so it usually ends with him pissing off quite a few people. If anyone ever has time find his profile and skim through his comments it quite enjoyable.

6. Reugros14

Reugros14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    CM is the main ADMIN of Anilinkz and the rest well just admins. And CM sure loves to write such long walls of text that makes me laugh upon reading.
    All in all, he is straightforward guy who gives sucker punch to everyone in face. basically, he's a dick fucking asshole who write comedic comments

Hahhaa and NeaxD like this.
  7. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well...Aran sort of NTR'ed IGE from ldyrdy. Don't have all the info but I think Aran told ldyrdy that he was translating a chapter...and then just kept going...

8. phoenom

phoenom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i missed this one , anyone care to tldr me ;)
    yep, somehow i'm not suprised anymore , heck even some of my RL debating about anime like dickhead but yeah watching from sidelines is quite fun too

NeaxD likes this.
  9. Keon

Keon Legend of Xingfeng TL

Reading List:
    Link
    @remy911 that drama between GT and RRL is definitely crazy. Both fans from both sides appears to be boycotting by not visitting the other site

10. Slimikyi

Slimikyi ^____^

Reading List:
    Link
    As I am lazy, can you provide more gossipy details?

11. remy911

Reading List:
    Link
    My 5 minute read of the situation: Ellyson translates Isekai Mahou. Someone comments that Ellyson ignores translating whole paragraphs and sections of the text, yet asks for donations. Ellyson deletes his posts. They go back and forth, other guy starts translating Isekai Mahou while Ellyson ends up dropping the series.

12. Keon

Keon Legend of Xingfeng TL

Reading List:
    Link
    Well in reddit where most of you know that the readers read translator's work so they support GT and supporting RRL will get the commentors quite some down votes
    RRL side talks about it not wanting visit GT so yeah that is the gist of it. But the whole shit is blown out of proportion in my perspective
    All because of money and pride

13. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    Alyschu vs Crack dealer (James)
    Now that was annoying, especially with all the hate Alyschu's got via Skype and fake accounts made by crack dealer.

readerz likes this.
  14. Detrolord

Detrolord Regular Pervert Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Battle Between 87 percent against the Tyranny of Lygar Translations
    And some fans including me spams Oniichanyamete to continue translating Yomigaeri no Maou. Hmm from what I remembered a translator(I forgot the name) said to keep spamming

15. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    Was that even a battle, lol? Thought 87 gave that up pretty quick...the RTD picked it up

makenai89 likes this.
  16. remy911

Reading List:
    Link
    Come on, you gotta give the full story, like how it got started and stuff.

Inke, kainee and Slimikyi like this.
  17. Slimikyi

Slimikyi ^____^

Reading List:
    Link
    I know!! I'm googling bits and parts but it's not the same! Gossips shouldn't be research...

kenar, pinkrainmi, Inke and 2 others like this.
  18. Detrolord

Detrolord Regular Pervert Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know but its still a battle XD

19. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay:
    James was a new member of Alyschu's team. A probationary one. Anyways, he wanted to make more money (note this is the guy who runs pegasusfarts BTW). Alyschu was limiting the amount of chaps per week. Anyways, James runs off with a copy of Alyschu's work, makes his own website and posts it there under the alias, Crack Dealer. Alyschu catches on quick and locks him out of the folder. So James starts a huge shit storm targeting Alyschu as being selfish and a liar. He kept releasing chaps and comparing them to Alyschu's. Long story short, Ren intervenes and shuts him down. But the damage was done. James had released Alyschu's Skype address so a bunch of assholes went and kept insulting her (they were very profane). The only possible positive thing about the whole ordeal was that ATG translations got a lot faster...still what a fiasco.

alexfilia, Alixiron, Kiki0246 and 9 others like this.
  20. Slimikyi

Slimikyi ^____^

Reading List:
    Link
    So the whole faq on Crack Dealer is a lie? He says more money = faster money but from what you told me, he is just stealing off translated stuff from Alychu.

99 others, kainee and Parth37955 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.