Recommendations Please recomend Novels where the method the people use to get stronger is independent of talent.

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by GabilFD, Jul 30, 2021.

1. GabilFD

GabilFD Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've seen 3~5 novels in the last week(reached chapter 20 in all of them). Some have cultivation as a way to get stronger or a level up system or neither and the MC just gets stronger by making weapons.
    But what all of them have in common is the that all of it depends in talent(some of them are japanese too). Like the kind of talent of you being unable to climb higher in the power scale and don't matter how hard they try it's useless(most of them make it mery explicit and they/their companions mock other people for doing something they are not fit for).

So i'd like to ask for any novels where the MC has little talent but makes up by dedicating his all(and also is not an asshole, but not a saint either). Or where talent does little effect or doesn't matter at all.

2. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So you are looking for novels where MC finds an OP item and become powerful despite being completely useless and the only good thing about him is his character?

3. PotatoZero

PotatoZero Well-known Potato

Reading List:
    Link
    To be a Power in Shadows

4. b1w2c3

b1w2c3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The new World(rrl novel if you dont mind), Dragoon(MC gets through because of his obsession), zombieknight(talent is luck of draw and trainned from there)

5. Noble Ran

Noble Ran Evil Ordeal

Reading List:
    Link
    The Sage Who Transcended Samsara
    Martial Arts Master
    Nightfall

UndyingSLIME10295 and GabilFD like this.
  6. Hacalyhd

Hacalyhd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are usually 5 categories:
    1. MC is talented AF:
    - Mostly found in the transmigration genre where their knowledge about modern technology/stories gives them an advantage

2. MC gets an OP item/cheat
    - Optionally includes a system or a grandpa

3. MC walks an formerly untraveled road
    - Usually found in VRMMORPG novels using "trash" builds

4. MC just spends more time on improving
    - Usually the MC just repeats the basics over and over for some reason and becomes really good in the process.

5. MC manages to somehow improve their talent
    - Very rare, can't remember seeing one of these without it being sorted in category 1-4.

GabilFD likes this.
  7. Ice Demon

Ice Demon Arctic Demon Realm's Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    Korean novel possessing nothing. MC has inferiority complex because he has no talent.

GabilFD likes this.
  8. GabilFD

GabilFD Member

Reading List:
    Link
    actually this kind of thing kind of removes the part of "give his all" bc the MC would only get stronger because of this item. i mean something like Lord of Mysteries where they become stronger by digesting potions and the digestion is the same for everyone and unless you make efforts in the digestion it won't be nor quicker nor slower

Westeller likes this.
  9. chocolatecompimenta

chocolatecompimenta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ze Tian Ji
    I am a bastard (CN, only 1 chap translated :( , the mc grows troughout the plot)

10. GabilFD

GabilFD Member

Reading List:
    Link
    isn't this one where the MC is a chunibyou and don't takes anything seriously? i see the manga but i'm not really interested enough to read the novel

11. GabilFD

GabilFD Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you got any category 4 for me?

gonna check those

rrl?

12. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
  13. German

German Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  14. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    Monster Paradise (has an OP system)
    The mech touch (same as above) though he doesn’t really get stronger, just richer and more prominent

GabilFD likes this.
  15. GabilFD

GabilFD Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i haven't read that since i reached chapter 1200 about 2 months ago i think

16. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Chinese novels can be very hypocritical in this way.
    There claim that a society ruled by talent is unfair but the protagonist isn't any different.

Reverend Insanity
    Sword Dynasty are my recommendations

Noahswift1 likes this.
  17. Hacalyhd

Hacalyhd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  18. GabilFD

GabilFD Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i read failed swordsman a, caught up to it a while ago, but the MC is too much of a saint. And the plot is really boring.
    Like, he supposebly lived for more than 1.000.000.000 years and yet he acts and thinks like a 16 year old. not only that but after some point in the novel the MC needed to get stronger and in mere 3 months he doubled in strenght and the author put it as talent. If he would just make MC a genious with massive talent he could just have done it from the beggining so i wouldn't have wasted my time. if i offend anyone by saying that, i'm not saying it's a bad novel, but it has just that i didn't like it. at all

i don't know what Asianhobbyist is but. i agree. I mean "talent" is just a consept created to make people who are good at something get better bc it boosts their confidence and people who are bad give up because they feel isecure that what they are doing is just a waste of their times. if someone works hard they can do things.

19. PotatoZero

PotatoZero Well-known Potato

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not that he doesn't take anything seriously, it's that he only takes only ONE thing seriously. And he'll spare no effort to do it.

20. GabilFD

GabilFD Member

Reading List:
    Link
    he litteraly has no atachement to the people around him. he thinks everyone is acting like he is. even if he sees a lot of people dying in front of him he won't feel anything and would instead think how to make the appearance of shadow the most baddas as possible. Actually i think my problem with this To be a Power in Shadows is that it was meant to be funny and i preffer serious manga/novels with comedy mixed in with the plot. but when something like in To be a Power in Shadows is that the MC would see a lot of people dying and not save them, just bc it's not the right time to complete his scene as in his head everything is just a part of a show with he(or in this case his persona) as the enigmatic, crazy powerfull character. like he would wait util the lastest monent posible. just when the villain killed just enought people to make everyone despair and when there is just enought people to watch him to save everyone even if he could just swing his sword and save everyone he he would choose to let people die just to make a scene.
    this just breaks so many of my moral stances.

Chunibyou is a mental disease btw