Feature Request Please remove the checkmark input -> span hack

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by Zyst, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Zyst

Zyst Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The checkboxes work through a hack of sorts, where you made a span with a click event that toggles the hidden checkbox.

It is completely possible to style input[type="checkbox"] with CSS so that it looks the same as your span elements. I can't see any feasible reason to use this type of hack, but this type of hack does make it so screenreaders for blind people, or keyboard movement extensions such as Vimium have no way to click it. For instance, Vimium can "see" and "click" the checkboxes, but not labels.

Worst case scenario, please at least wrap the span in an unstyled <a>nchor tag so it's possible for screen readers and other things to click the boxes.

I had added images and the like, but they got removed because I don't have 10 posts, so here's the gallery: imgur com/a/504sX

Angelbratt likes this.
  2. Zyst

Zyst Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shout out to Angelpratt for reminding me about this thing I published ages ago. For anyone interested in this, I've been running a CSS mod with Stylus https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stylus/clngdbkpkpeebahjckkjfobafhncgmne?hl=en for the website for the past couple of years to get what I wanted done:

Code:
    @-moz-document domain("novelupdates.com") {
    td > [type="checkbox"]:checked,
    td > [type="checkbox"]:not(:checked) {
        position: static;
        left: 0;
        float: right;
        margin: 4px;
        width: 18px;
        height: 18px;
    }

td > [type="checkbox"]:checked + label,