Discussion Plundering the Heavens is a great novel and needs more love!

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by SweetShireen, Sep 17, 2018.

1. SweetShireen

SweetShireen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shameless promoting here for a hilarious story featuring an even more shameless MC. The MC starts off as a cheeky brat who got caught up in a whole lot of shit that got his whole family killed while he escaped with the item in hand (He escapes bc no one would expect a 10 y o to be a thief boss lol) and when he enters the sect of his family's murderer he doesnt fight against young masters or go around face slapping (why face slap, when you can kill one and let everyone else be your lackeys?), he doesn't work hard to earn resources through prizes/ achievements (why do that when you can change appearance and thieve?) and he has no qualms abt breaking ridiculous tropes like loudly declaring that he will kill so and so all powerful young master ( well. he DOES do that but while everyone is waiting for him to show up for a fight to surround him, he uses the attention to disguise as a young maiden and slip away lmao).

BUT, when it comes to family, friends, or even ppl he owes a debt to or have been good to him, his morals are there and if you cross the line you WILL pay for it. Imagine my surprise when the huge fight, long drawn out epic fight with the young master escaping 3 times until he was finally killed ended like *snaps fingers* just that. I love me some decisive MCs. Anyway, the "cheat" allows him to recognize all items even OP ones, fight scenes are good, cultivation building isnt boring, and shenanigans make you like every chapter.

tldr: It's a fun novel + good for some laughs + shameless, hilarious MC + plot is decent + translation is decent = What are you waiting for, go read it!

This is one of the novels Im reading on Qidian along with Reverend Insanity and Crossing to the Future, some of the only quality novels I consider worthwhile on qidian. It PAINS me to see garbage abt CEO husbands rank so high and get like 20 chs a week while good novels are languishing in the 100s

DSYS likes this.
  2. DontLookDown

DontLookDown One with the bed

Reading List:
    Link
    Inb4 QI makes it premium because of this thread.

3. Titan LLS

Titan LLS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel really is too true to it's genre it has not much really outstanding about it. truly all of them like it and BTTH they tend to blend together after awhile until you start no longer understanding what was compellingly interesting about them in the first place.

The MC will be wildly arrogant for no reason most of the time treating everyone with the mantra of "if your not exceedingly kind to me on first meet then you must be fodder or enemy" unless it is a beautiful woman ofc. in which case she is simply a potential lover after she see's his "worth" so to speak they get really broken advantages they come to rely on for near everything the luck is always exceedingly god they can walk in forest fall into a legacy tailored just for them let's not forget the spirit advisors the an old grandpa here a spirit bird there it goes on and on.

I just want to say though i read it for around 230 or so and i have to say it really was promising when i first read the first few chapters i mean he was a bandit! and it was original and then he joined a sect and was spotted and trained for his great "potential" it just became a rinse repeat sort of thing.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    MaliMi and otaku31 like this.
  4. bonifide

bonifide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it was cool at first and one of my favorite until you get to around 400 chapters it turned to shit.

otaku31 likes this.
  5. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    From how you describe....really, it's anything other than your typical Xianxia novel?:hmm:
    Not to mention it's a Q novel anyway...:blobexpressionless:

otaku31 likes this.
  6. bonifide

Reading List:
    Link
    It really does start different. He's a theif and acts like it. He doesn't try to be a hero and try to be in the limelight. He likes to scheme and set people up against each other so he can plunder. It jus tlater it turns to your typical Xianxia.

7. mitre27

mitre27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the pinyin or w/e it's called ruined it for me/

8. SweetShireen

Reading List:
    Link
    That is like the whole reason I made the thread idc if it goes premium as long as I get more chapters per day SMH
    ??
    ""if your not exceedingly kind to me on first meet then you must be fodder or enemy" unless it is a beautiful woman"

What are you talking abt lol, he didnt even hesitate before kicking the ass of that girl who was pissed her bf got killed in his mission, or beating that "genius" girl into a pulp and stealing everything on her except her clothes

"spirit advisors the an old grandpa here a spirit bird"

He aint an old grandpa lmfao, hes a freakin hostage with masochistic tendencies who has to wrack his mind to help the MC or else old boi will get Whipped by some fire

"was spotted and trained for his great "potential"
    um no not really?? he just got a chance that coincided with that cheat item he had and his potential sucks

I really think you're overgeneralizing this *shrugs*

What WHY what happened :(

9. SweetShireen

Reading List:
    Link
    I was like whatever honestly Im used to it after reading those historical palace novels lol. And it gets less annoying as it goes on, I think the complaints were more annoying tbh

10. Titan LLS

Titan LLS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes you have one example what of the many other women who at the very least were initially hostile to him and btw that girl likely will never appear again in any capacity unless it is to glare at him in hidden bitterness because he is living well. from what i remember she was even punished by the sect for attacking him and might even have died.

11. SweetShireen

Reading List:
    Link
    lol

12. bonifide

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically I thought he would go back to his home area/realm or w/e you want to call it to get some revenge. Nope he went to a new area and at the bottom of the totem pole again. It actually went down hill with the Dragon Girl shit.

13. SweetShireen

Reading List:
    Link
    Meh, thats like a given that always happens so Idc much abt that trope usless its repeated more than once.

What home/ area are you talking abt? Is the new area Videha??

14. bonifide

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure what the official translation for it since I was MTL last month. It's some dark area. Its after the current arc actually.

15. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    seems generic, just having a unique start is not enough

16. bleh360

bleh360 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed!!

The synopsis reads like a fan wrote it. Actually its kind of comedic, like Kung Fu Panda when Po is explaining the Dragon warriors in the beginning all fan like. Its just something in the styntax thats oozes "Im a fan!!" And it makes me step back like.... "oooohh fan fiction....."

And novelupdates gave it a harem genre, big red flag for me.

Dueces!!

17. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a good xianxia comparing to the rest ( Not the gems but still great! ). No premium any time soon, the ranking is low and tl speed is slow.

SweetShireen likes this.
  18. SweetShireen

Reading List:
    Link
    Yh im not saying its some masterpiece on the level of WoC or ISSTH, its just good pure entertainment lol.

But translations are so slow sighh

19. Pedram

Pedram Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While I might call my favorite novel a Masterpiece sometimes but to be fair you can't call ANY CN a Masterpiece at all, even if the author is a genius, there is no way u can make a masterpiece by writing 5 to 20 chapter a week lol, the whole Qidian and such Chinese site revolve around author's pumping chapters to get more popularity and money from vip chapters. and most authors will adopt over this. which mean they can't really make a masterpiece if they want to earn some money lol

at the end of the day, it's always a matter of which novel is better and is it worth my time and give me enough enjoyment to put into it :D

I personally check a few "point" which I hate in each novel I see, if the novel does not have those points, I will read it. then it depend if it can keep me interested enough to finish it or not :D