LCD Plundering the Heavens

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by strixflash, Apr 13, 2017.

1. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are indeed many issues with this story. Although much of what you are describing is not supposed to be taken seriously but as slapstick. this is part of why he is a kid, yes it is very stupid.

In regards to xiao mahn and some future events
    The elder of the pill refinement peak (xiao mahn's master) incorrectly assumes xiao mahn is actually loyal to her, and sends her to spy on the MC... which she immediately tells the MC and he this dictates to her what she should tell her master. They are planning to run away... also to accelerate her studies as a pill bitch he starts feeding her very generous quantities of rare materials to practice with. Since her sifu is more prudent and wants her to actually study why she made her mistake between attempts, trading more time for training for much cheaper education. But MC just goes wild there. Also more waifus for the harem.
    Oh yea, other sects are shown to be much worse... and he does end up showing some loyalty to those who treated him well. Berating himself for it, but not willing to step back from his initial act and to change his course as his justifications for continuing with said loyalty is basically stubborness

which is about when I stopped reading at c168. currently it is c188

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So basically, it got worse. Glad I dropped it I guess.

3. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i stopped at 171. not sure if i want to continue..updates are kinda slow and xiao mahn got taken away again...i hate these stories where the author keeps on splitting couples up. it's unnecessary and frustrating to read, esp in these stories where the female lead is not willing and obv taken against her will, it's just utter BS.

parents taking them away i can force myself to understand and continue to read if the rest of the story is good but when 99% of these novels use it, it just gets really boring and even more frustrating to read.

one massive turnoff is War Sovereign Soaring The Heavens
    here the orphan whos parents has died was taken away 1300 chapters LATER (WTH?!) by her PAST LIFE PARENTS (SRS I NO KID U). what makes it even worse is that later on it's found out that she KILLED HERSELF to avoid the marriage and yet they went around looking for her reincarnated self so that they can force her to marry the SAME PERSON..

WOW AUTHOR WOW

Tarlos, Haiku575 and mrttao like this.
  4. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, holy shit

5. bonifide

bonifide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is insane. Like most CN novels you're better off dropping them after 500 chapters. So far from the current translated chapters I still like this novel. I don't want the MC to be a hero at all. If i want some Hero shit I will go watch the new Thor movie. I've come to realize I hate reincarnation stories a lot. How can somebody who failed be arrogant. lol. I think I might just stick to certain authors. You really cant trust Qidian site reviews all that bullshit giving a story 5 stars off one chapter.

mrttao likes this.
  6. nehpets747

nehpets747 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fang Xing is a tad evil but too funny as hell

7. nehpets747

Reading List:
    Link
    he should make his own sect where stealing is something that is thought of others and cheating others is required that would be funny.

8. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yea, not to mention that almost every arc starts with some guy going "omg shes pretty, let me fug her for a few nights!' or 'shes pretty, i want to marry her! MC says no? FIGHT ME!"

"Watch me flex my jindan!" "your man haz no jindan to flex! follow me!"

it's not just reincarnation novels, almost every cn novel has some sort of shit like this. it's so frustrating to read. even zombie/post-apoc novels end up this way which is utter bullshit.

in Gate of revelation, the MC gets together with the girl for 10 chapters, then she gets kidnapped by her father. he finally gets her back 200 chapters later and 20 chapters later she dies....i shit you not. in the same novel, the MC best friend finally get the girl, but 5 chapters later she dies. she's reincarnated thou and 50 chapters later, she stalks him becus she can. fast foward 300 chapters later, she's still stalking him from the shadows....

and it's either this or the MC gets every girl with a name in the novel and he leaves them at home while he gets thrown around the world fighting bad guys and collecting girls that the author even forgets about the girls at home.

people here shit on japanese novels with harems as hard as they can, but srsly, i enjoy them much better because the harem doesn't get too big and every girl has a reason to be in the story (im not talking about harems where the guy doesn't get laid, those arent harems) except maybe sevens....while the harem is there for a reason, sevens is just urrggg

mrttao likes this.
  9. nehpets747

Reading List:
    Link
    jap novel's mc are too wimpy for my taste or they have no character that makes them different. But with CN, blood and gore is used and the mc is either a person with pride and backbone.

10. bonifide

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I also came to realize I don't like a single post apoc novel from any country. Even though my favorite anime of all time is post apoc but when I tried JP, CN, and KR novels they all pretty much shit.

Nah you can have the Japanese novels. I despise wimpy MCs they always go the cowardly route. I'm probably tired of it because of so much anime I saw that I refuse to even read it. In most JP novels the side characters way better than the MC. lmao

11. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reincarnation does tend to be fail.
    The really important thing to understand is that light novels is basically fanfiction. We are reading translated chinese fanfiction.

As for reviews being untrustworthy... Twilight has a 4.5 out of 5 score on amazon reviews. Most people have awful tastes
    I am sick to death of all those wife snatchers in xianxia. a bunch of brainless dogs running around thinking with their dick

How they don't all have their clans exterminated is beyond me

12. bonifide

Reading List:
    Link
    Reincarnation I really hate the ones that goes back in past. The ones going to a different world doesn't bug me as much as a MC that knows the future and still do dumb shit. If I ever lived in a world like xianxia I would be a damn hermit with my wife or something.

It just shows you whats really in the authors mind. It's shit writing and will never make sense in the west. Then again it could be an Asian thing. Like some fans get pissed the fuck off when an Idol has a boyfriend lmao. There is a lot of celebs that look good but if they have a boyfriend or get married, I'm not going to rage about it.

mrttao likes this.
  13. wise-old-men

wise-old-men Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried to find spoilers of this novel but there was none :blobcry: ! Can someone help ???

14. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wise-old-men likes this.
  15. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone knows if translator has stopped abusing pinyin?

16. bonifide

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn it seems somebody might had posted an alternative to read this on webnovel comments section but they deleted it. I hope somebody knows the site. I assume its MTL I know it's not on lnmtl or comrademao.

17. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep.
    Linking here since I'm not going to reytpe it all.
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/thre...motionally-retarded.68273/page-2#post-4145170

18. bonifide

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL I said that a while ago. I still hate authors that make MC go in the past to the almost the exact same shit with some changes. I literally despise it in the VRMMO it's just shit writing. It's a game and they try to make it more than what it is.

Well I dropped this series. After this arc the series is pretty much shit. He goes so many chapter barely mentioning the MC. You can tell they had writers block. Plus I'm around chapter 400 and he still in the same damn foundation. He levels up so slow the author makes sure of that.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  19. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    welp, it was good while it lasted. One of my favorite novels too.
    Ch418 just came out and at the end we got this translator note

20. Maraderchik

Maraderchik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We won't translate this and you can't translate this. ©Qidian

Ahh what a nice way to do business.

Alone Hades and mrttao like this.