Podcasts are so boring

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ai chan, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Ai-chan was watching a video by Real Engineering just now and at the end of the video, he invited watchers to listen to their new podcast. Ai-chan was like, "Oh my gods, another podcast. Why not just make the video?"

Ai-chan didn't watch his podcast, so maybe it's not going to be boring unlike almost every other podcasts Ai-chan watched before. But that's beside a point because it seems like you have to pay for it?

Ai-chan has watched podcasts before and most of them were so boring they made Ai-chan sleep. Yes, watched, not listen to, watched. Ai-chan watched these dudes sit around at a table talking into their microphones, laughing, chit-chatting for half an hour to about an hour, with no real content. The majority of these podcasts were them throwing references that Ai-chan didn't understand (such as talking about Family Guy episode that Ai-chan couldn't understand because Family Guy never aired here) or just making jokes with each other.

Like come on, get to the point. Ai-chan doesn't have time to listen to you making off-season jokes for an hour. Your title was about weather chemistry, so stop talking about buying the wrong potato at the farmer's market. One of the podcasts that put Ai-chan to sleep was by one of those guys from Scishow. Ai-chan doesn't know what the channel was called because Ai-chan can't find those boring podcasts anymore. Or maybe Ai-chan wasn't looking hard enough.

Anyway, do you like podcasts? Have you come across podcasts that bore you to sleep? Is there any podcast that you enjoy and would recommend to others?

2. Sproutling

Sproutling We are the Sproutlings

Reading List:
    Link
    What is podcast??:hmm:

SquadCammander354 likes this.
  3. SilverCrow63

SilverCrow63 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe.... the voice is soothing? Some series are limited to podcasts so that could be a part of the charm. Personally, I don't have the patience for it. Give me words I can skim over an audio recording any day.

Lurking, Ddraig, Ai chan and 2 others like this.
  4. hansora

hansora Someone Who Seeks Fluff & Heartwarming Stories

Reading List:
    Link
    I rarely listen to podcasts, but the ones I have listened to are Tablo and Eric Nam's podcasts

Rumby and Ai chan like this.
  5. Dolidza

Dolidza Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont really watch podcasts that much but I really enjoy Trash Taste. Animeman, Gikkuk and Cdawg are really funto watch bouncing off each other.

Fenrir431, MasterCuddler, imK and 6 others like this.
  6. LK

LK Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    horror podcast for background noise aint bad

Ai chan and manga2000 like this.
  7. JrX

JrX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You should try trashtaste it's a podcast about anime and japan. I listen to it because i like the two of the host in there. If you want to try it you should start with the trashtaste highlights.

8. manga2000

manga2000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I only listen to murder/true crime and horror/supernatural podcasts so i never get bored. I think you just have to find a podcast genre you like to enjoy it.

LK and Ai chan like this.
  9. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same.
    The very few podcasts I tried made me feel this way too. They would mention things they were going to talk about that I was interested in, and so I waited, and waited, and waited while they talked about unrelated things (and references and jokes). And then when they finally got to the main point they spent barely any time talking about it at all! Probably only 2 minutes, when I had already sat through 15 or 20 minutes to get to that part.
    That's another reason I agree with @SilverCrow63 , if it's something written, I can easily skim or press Cntrl+F to find the part I want, but with audio it's more difficult to tell when it's going to be all fluff or not.

10. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Podcasts are nice for if you have to do some repetitive works and want something to listen too. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood for music and just want to hear some random conversation between two guys I don't really know.

Lurking and Ai chan like this.
  11. SquadCammander354

SquadCammander354 『Early Life Crisis』〖Stormy's Bro〗『Lord of Storms』

Reading List:
    Link
    I listen to Trash Taste mainly to pass the time while I'm doing something else that is boring.

Idk I just think Trash Taste is like way more fun to listen to than all the others.

imK, Vanidor and Ai chan like this.
  12. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Podcast for when you’re doing something else that requires your attention so you can’t watch a video but can listen? Like if you’re driving~

Lurking and reagents 11 like this.
  13. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm i personally use radio based podcast before to fill in your boring sitting in job on site. It's pretty interesting when they go on in obscure or special topics in economic theory, medical knowledge, or dynamics of real politik be it domestic or geopolitics.

Lurking and Ai chan like this.
  14. MMWO

MMWO *pout*

Reading List:
    Link
    Try Trash Taste Podcast. You seem like a weeb. They talk about anime and sometimes about food or bizarre experiences and whatnot.

15. lucjanssens

lucjanssens a very ¨rabbit¨ bunny

Reading List:
    Link
    some podcast of Bruva Alfabusa on youtube are good

Ai chan likes this.
  16. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Ai-chan just wants to be clear. Ai-chan is Japanese. Even worked and stayed in Tokyo for a couple of years. Didn't much enjoy the time there. Preferred Hokkaido or Kyoto. Also prefers manga more than anime since it's much more versatile for Ai-chan's former hectic life as a fashion model there.

MMWO, Donutmindme, Lurking and 2 others like this.
  17. NodiX

NodiX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Real Engineering does seem they more suited to produce content for Youtube videos. Watched a few of their videos before, but not their podcast. Their style very much alike with few other educational YT channels and I just can't imagine their podcast would be any good compared with the usual style they used that made their videos interesting.

Anyhow, I didn't follow podcasts much, but if I do it was usually for contents that can't be found anywhere, or made by public figures that don't usually made contents in other forms (like Brandon Sanderson and other writers made a podcast series that had been running for 12 years and some others were from developers that I followed but not write enough blog posts for me to consume). If anyone making out of place boring jokes on podcasts that I'm willing to listen to, it'd be people that I would have interested in following their social media account or something, not some content creators that I happened to watch their contents in my free time. All this assume that the podcast is in audio format. I never have found any video podcast that got me interested enough to watch them.

Ai chan likes this.
  18. Llamadragon

Llamadragon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a Cryptonaturalist fan. How can you not love a poetic crypto podcast that starts every episode by mentioning that humans get three sets of teeth in our lifetimes.

Ai chan likes this.
  19. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    I avoid podcasts made by educational or political content creators, they're usually bound to be boring to me. I usually watch podcasts made by entertainers whose main selling point are their personalities.

Misfits, Charlie's podcast, horror podcasts, OTV's podcasts, Cold Ones, trash taste, etc. I watch these types of podcasts 'cause the people who are in it know how to make a boring story interesting, their story telling on a previous incident or their thoughts and opinions towards something can be fun to listen to.

20. nyamachi

nyamachi [Chaos Twin :3] [Melo fanclub member]

Reading List:
    Link
    I've tried to get into podcasts but tend to fall asleep. The only one I barely got into was Beautiful Anonymous where this guy talks to random callers about their lives and stories.

Donutmindme, Lurking and Ai chan like this.