Spoiler Poison Genius Consort

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Dec 15, 2016.

1. vsukio

vsukio Well-Known Egg

Reading List:
    Link
    Aster Anemone likes this.
  2. HC

HC I eat, read, die

Reading List:
    Link
    Wj
    what chapter are we in the translated again? Huhu. Can't wait. Will have to postpone reading this novel first. Or else i'll just spend each day in the spoiler section.

shelvibie17 likes this.
  3. Yunchii

Yunchii Best Waifu - Tamamo-no-Mae

Reading List:
    Link
    Just Donate to @Ruyi if you want faster release/more chapter:p:p

IamMeowChie likes this.
  4. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    We should be on chapter 42 by half-past noon of today (EST time). If you want to wait until the current story arc is over (and its cliffhangers), I'd say wait 'til chapter 45 is out. :)

@Yunchii lol, I haven't even tried sponsored chapters yet. Maybe sometime in February...

5. Liri

Liri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seriously @Ruyi , I don't know what I would do without you, you always have all the answers ready and they always appease my heart, which I really need, because that is how much the chapters infuriate me! (My poor MC!) >.<

shelvibie17 and Ruyi like this.
  6. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes @Ruyi is a very helpful and nice translator helping us with our questions about the novel >.< knowing what happens later on does help with the current chapters! ~ Thank again Ruyi :)

Ruyi likes this.
  7. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Awww, thanks guys!

Yeah, the earlier arcs can be frustrating (thanks a lot, Chinese webnovel pacing), but it does do the job of (slowly) unveiling the world bit by bit. After these grating women are dealt with, we'll be exploring other conflicts and areas of the world, as well as, well, character details too secret to reveal unless requested.

TBH I'm surprised at how lots of the readers dislike LFY as of the current chapters...he's really not that bad, guys...in the future when...well, you'll see!

T u T I promise he'll be worthy of his Male Lead title, okay? I really like him!

8. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    o7 I will take you for your word then Ruyi (^ ^) LFY is really frustrating (somehow like all Chinese Male Leads...) Can't wait for the next arc to come~

Ruyi likes this.
  9. Kimchigal

Kimchigal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha u n me in the same boat! I also really like him! The devoted male lead tag tempted me first to read it...I'm totally astonished why many readers are bashing him....as its a forced marriage obviously he is indifferent but u can see he is warming up....he even declined to marry that martial sister for Han Yunxi! If the readers don't like LF then how abt the ML frm BLack bellied prince's abandoned consort.....poor MC...I gave up after she was killed!

10. Kimchigal

Kimchigal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oops sorry for the confusion! I was mentioning abt the first kiss when he just gave a peck then later It became waaaah

shelvibie17 likes this.
  11. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha no problem ^_^ most people reading this will definitely feel this way. I can't wait for future chapters where everyone gets their just desserts~

Kimchigal likes this.
  12. Elv

Elv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you know how she finally deals with that spoiled princess and the empress and what happens to them after that?

13. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    i know everything

Ironically, they deal with themselves. I thought their ends were almost anticlimactic, but...in the grand scheme of the entire story? They had their time in the spotlight, and went away when it was time for the plot to move on.

*folds hands* The short version goes like this:

Princess Changping dies from poison.
    The empress goes insane.

nah, i know like...75% of everything, still reading thru the series hehe

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  14. Liri

Liri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe I am going to regret asking this, but I just cannot help myself:

What exactly is the story on how the mother in law and her self-imposed house arrest, it sounds intriguing, especially since she is so dislikable, I had such high hopes that maybe they could find common ground and redeem herself, but so far, she is just annoying. Our MC does not need such an ignorant and easily manipulated mother-in-law.

15. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, you can find the answer in this post--just click the 2nd spoiler link. (There's another spoiler inside that that's really big, so you can just read the summary if you don't want to know the specifics.)

http://forum.novelupdates.com/posts/1017720/

Novel otaku desu and shelvibie17 like this.
  16. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    haha Ruyi you know pretty much more than any of us in regards to PGC~ So that is nearly everything~ A question though, any new characters going to be introduced soon? Do they have much impact on the story? Also how is that new maid of hers?

17. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    We're on chapter 44 now, right?
    Next arc starts by 45...new characters come in around 51 or so? We're going to meet more of the imperial family.

As for impact...we'll, they're certainly going to be important for their part of the story! I'd say PGC is more plot-driven than character-driven..the story progresses because things happen, rather than new people coming in. You'll be seeing quite a few new faces when we hit their related story arcs. They might show up again later on in the story when some plot brings our MC back to them. (As an example, don't forget there's still the mystery of the young general's poisoning!) Heck, one more major male lead hasn't even been mentioned yet!

Her new maid's a nice girl, no worries. :)

18. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    Plot driven stories are much better than character driven ones...if too many characters are introduced I never seem to remember who they are if they disappear for a few chapters (>.<) So many mysteries in this novel that are yet to be solved~

At least the maid is good~ haha can't remember her name though...

HoneyBee349 and Ruyi like this.
  19. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    *clears throat* I do have a handy dandy PGC glossary on the volare site for all your memory needs. ^-^

*coughs* Chen Xiang *coughs*

20. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    >.>
    <.<
    *clap clap* I totally did not notice the glossary...thank you Ruyi (^ ^) A great help to my failing memory haha, I looked at it and couldn't remember who they were...the short descriptions helped though~

Ruyi likes this.