Spoiler Poison Genius Consort

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Dec 15, 2016.

1. adz143

adz143 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone please tell me who fell in love first?? I wish it was the ML and he will have a hard time getting the MC's affection.... Sorry, really don't like him now... He's the 2nd ML in novels that I don't really like... The one I hate the most is the ML of Black Bellied Prince Abandoned Consort....

2. Yunchii

Yunchii Best Waifu - Tamamo-no-Mae

Reading List:
    Link
    "place summoning circle" @Ruyi I choose You!!!!

adz143 likes this.
  3. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    (Huh, what's this? I feel a force tugging on me...)
    (...!!!)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    User @Yunchii successfully summoned Translator Ruyi!

O-oof. Spoiler requests, is it? I can spare some time to answer a few.

Arite, first off it's no secret that Han Yunxi finds Long Feiye a very good-looking man. From an aesthetic standpoint, she definitely admires him. On the other hand, Long Feiye begrudgingly has to admit that she's intelligent and useful.

Just from this, HYX feels a bit more deeply than LFY in the beginning. She's also prone to be hurt more when he does things that, well, shows his cold side.

But who falls in love first? There's no set answer. I'd say they more or less fall in love at the same time; it's just that HYX's got a mini head-start so she feels more than him. But she's also quick to deny her own feelings when faced with reality (e.g. LFY's ice cube face). Eventually, LFY allows himself to fall too...there will come a point when he "loses her" and finally realizes how much she really means to him.

There's a analogy that HYX uses later on to define their relationship: a journey of 100 steps. You can't just wait for the other person to walk towards you to close the distance. You have to be brave enough to take your own steps forward too. One step, two, ten steps or more...if you really love a person, you should at least put your foot forward and let them know in your own way.

Their journey of 100 steps is only just beginning. I suggest everyone give them a chance and see how it goes. ;)

Also, I see that lots of readers are hating on LFY at the moment. It's interesting...I want to check in with you guys after, oh, more of the story progresses and see what you think then.

I don't know, after a certain point...I just couldn't hate the guy anymore. Really. (I mean, just imagine all the powers of his "infuriating" self, except on your side. Feel a difference?) But to each their own!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  4. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    Nawww so fun~ I want to try and summon you one day (^ ^)
    I don't really feel hate for the ML haha I don't really feel anything at all~ The MC can take care of herself afterall.

NiQuinn and Ruyi like this.
  5. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    A good point. I really hope readers can be objective when it comes to Long Feiye and keep in mind the reality of the current circumstances. This isn't directed at anyone in particular, but just a collection of my thoughts based on reader comments against LFY:

1) He's the only surviving son (and the youngest) of the late emperor besides his older brother, who's--you guessed it, the current emperor of Tianning. All of his other brothers are dead. That makes him the direct rival to his brother and his brother's sons for the throne, regardless of whether or not he wants it. (A living heir is still a heir, and Heaven knows LFY is capable.)

2) Despite this; he's the second most powerful man in the capital--nay, all of Tianning Country. How many families are vying for his good graces? How many women want to marry him for power and fortune? How many Mu Liuyues spend their days daydreaming about becoming Qin Wangfei? How many more want him dead? Who really holds genuine care and affection for him? He doesn't have time to test and trust them one by one.

3) Tianning too, is a country whom, despite its power, still couldn't prevent its young general Mu Qingwu, son of the commander of the imperial army, from being poisoned -twice- in the capital city: once in broad daylight with hidden needles, once from a slow-acting poison that's been hiding in his body for years.

4) It has been stated that Tianning has an enemy in Northern Li Country. All is not at peace.

--

I can't say more without spoiling the plot, but suffice to say LFY has every reason to be cautious and cold. Sharp-eyed readers will pick up that he lacks outright cruelty to HYX; right now he is treating her with detachment and indifference, an observer still trying to figure her out. He stares at her and thinks about her, he allows her to stay by his side instead of doing the easy thing and banishing her away, and he recognizes that she has genuine skill. He doesn't go out of his way to indulge her, but he doesn't make her life any more difficult than necessary.

Starvation by his mother? It's the female matriarch's responsibility to discipline the household, in this GCYi holds sway over him. Taken into the palace by Princess Changping? That's not his domain, but his brother the emperor's. Even if he hasn't done anything to stop or make up for these events, he's been watching. He has his own ways to maintain control behind the scenes--if needed.

He continues to observe.

And judge.

The pragmatism that allowed him to gain power in the country and survive where the rest of his brothers didn't hasn't failed him. So why would he suddenly decide to change and be nice to a strange woman? Charge in demanding changes for her sake? Just because she's female? Just because she's "weak?"

Just because she saved his life?

LFY has lived long enough to know that the kind and weak can't survive in his world, no matter how much you help them. If she wants to live on, she has to learn to survive with her own strength as well. After all, they both know he won't always be around to protect her/back her up.

This is his reality. This is what he survived through, to gain his influence and power in the capital today. To put all of that at risk for a person he's hardly met? She saved him, yes, but he's paid her back for that, and continues to look after her in his own way.

At this point, the one thing he can vouch for absolutely is her skills, rather than her character. She's useful, he can accept that. But love for her? Care for her? When he didn't even want to be married in the first place?

You can't force feelings to show up overnight.

He's not some idealized saint of a man. He's not some overblown villain either. For all his prestige and pomp, LFY is, and continues to be, what he's been in the beginning: a human with his own inherent flaws.

There's a famous saying in Chinese that goes something like this: "ice accumulated over winter won't melt in a single day."

If Long Feiye is the ice, then Han Yunxi is the sun. What they need now more than anything else is experience and opportunities to understand each other better.

What other choice does ice have then, besides thawing in the sunlight?

Give him time.

I encourage you all to chime in with your
    opinions! I guess I have the unfair advantage of knowing what happens in the story but I'll try not to drag spoilers into my views!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  6. LivB

LivB Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @adz143 LOL I feel like I could keep listing reasons to not like the ML from Black Bellied Prince forever

adz143 likes this.
  7. LivB

LivB Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

My opinion of him was nowhere near as low as the guy from Black Bellied Prince.

Tbh, I wasn't the biggest fan of LF, but I didn't dislike him all that much either. (maybe because at the same time I was catching up on BBP LOL).
    I was okay with him because he never really outright did anything to her. He was just indifferent and didn't really particularly care what she did. It felt like as long as she held up her own, she would be fine. He never did anything to shame her or to make her life all that difficult.
    (on the other hand the ML from BBP had no respect for her and sent her to the laundry from the beginning)

LF just felt like a man who could be reasoned with, even if he did not have an ounce of love in him for her at the beginning, but to be fair he doesn't seem like he'd be the type love or trust anyone.

So yeah, currently he's just okay; I can't like or dislike him, but with those spoilers, I guess you could say I like him.

8. HC

HC I eat, read, die

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm so sorry. But can someone spoil how he "loses" her? I tried to stopped myself from asking for days, but i cannot... help me.

HoneyBee349 likes this.
  9. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Well...there's multiple ways throughout the story, but the one I'm talking about specifically is when
    Han Yunxi gets tired of things and runs away from him (basically) to look up information about her past. When Long Feiye realizes she's gone, he gets feelz and literally pastes up Wanted posters around the country while searching for her 24/7.

Chapter-wise, it's the story arc that comes before their reunion in c292/293.

So much for holding back his feelings. Hahaha!

10. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    Gahhhhh!!!! @Ruyi I think I am starting to like Long Feiye~~~ The latest chapter *bites handkerchief* (TT^TT)

Ruyi likes this.
  11. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    I like it every time they interact. There's always something new and unexpected.

Eheheh, the Yexi ship is open anytime for ya! (That's what the author & fans call the pairing in shorthand.)

12. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    mm somehow he is seemingly more reliable as time goes by. I can't wait for more development \(^ ^)/ Yexi hey? haha cute name~

HoneyBee349 and Ruyi like this.
  13. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    He really is an iceberg. What you see is cold, but it's only the tip. Hidden depths exist...all equally icy. And then in the center is a...surprisingly warm heart.

Ah...but anyways, I'm getting ahead of myself! ^-^

Novel otaku desu, Yunchii, HC and 2 others like this.
  14. HoneyBee349

HoneyBee349 Idk

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg.... so looooong .... :(

15. HoneyBee349

HoneyBee349 Idk

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to know.... about Gu Qi Xiao (really not sure about the name.... Mtl) I know that he has two Identities but... wanna more information and!! And!!! Gu Beiyue! Give a few secrets about him, and by the way who is the second male lead??

16. HoneyBee349

HoneyBee349 Idk

Reading List:
    Link
    I really like Gu QiXiao, but in the chapter #255 and before the MC is a quite ruthless! I know she like the ML but that doesn't mean that she can let him near dead, he also reavive a lot of bites but she doesn't pay attention! He also go in for she but she also forgive that! Why? He not you friend in you heart? So frustrating! I really hate that type of attitude al least ask if he is okay or not! You don't want he die but you save him and after drown it in the ground and fly to you hubby! Halfway things ARGGGGGG!!!! He help you in so many thing but you never say him "thanks" or whatever a little of face!

17. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    First off, welcome to the PGC spoiler thread, @HoneyBee349! *throws flowers and confetti*

Secondly, (this is mostly for the other readers who haven't read ahead in the raws) be aware the the answers I'm about to write out do contain heavy spoilers, some of which appear quite late in the book. If you're game with that, read on! If not, leave these spoilers be. You might have greater piece of mind, lol.

As usual, I'll try to answer without spoiling like...the entire book with one answer. Of course, you're free to ask as many questions as you'd like!
    Right, his name is "Qishao" rather than "Qi Xiao." If you can go back to chapters 55~65 or so, you'll recall our MC once went on a mission to look for a certain pill...in a certain valley. Remember the owner of that valley?

That's right, it's Gu Qi Sha. There's a reason why their names sound alike...they're the same person! XD That's all I'll say for now. If you want more info, ask more specific questions and I won't refuse. ;)

This...this is such a big spoiler because it's not clear until much later in the book. But since you asked, I'll deliver. First off--if you're reading around chapter 255, then you'll know that a white-robed stranger guided HYX through the caves. Yeah, that's actually Gu Beiyue in disguise.

As to his background? Here's the big spoiler. Gu Beiyue is actually
    the last surviving member of the Shadow (影) Clan, one of seven ancient family clans who were loyal to the West Qin Dynasty. What's that? One of two dynasties that ruled Cloud Realm (Yunkong) Continent before Tianning, Northern Li, and Western Zhou. If you want to know more about them, you're gonna ask more questions. I'm not spilling all the details in one answer!

Hahaha...well, as the story goes on, Long Feiye just pulls ahead farther and farther. Second? There is no second, only distant thirds and fourths. If you're talking about guys with the most screen time with Han Yunxi (after him), I'd say Gu Beiyue and Gu Qishao are your best bets.

But it soon gets pretty clear that HYX's love life is a one man show.

Actually, I think HYX's acting quite reasonably. Do you remember what happened in c115~120? When Gu Qishao went after her during her
    kidnapping
    , he revealed that he was quite immune to poisons. HYX even thought outright that people like him and her have higher poison immunity than LFY. Basically, she knows she doesn't have to worry about him as much when it comes to poisons. In addition, she also realized that he had his own selfish reasons for
    saving her from kidnappers in the past.
    GQS might truly like HYX, but it's not without hidden motives as well. They might be on friendly terms, but that doesn't mean they're close.

Remember what happens in the cave? Not only does GQS leave Long Feiye & Tang Li behind in a den of poisonous creatures, he actually laced their only exit with so many different poisons that they're bound to get poisoned if they try to get out! He also refused to tell HYX outright that LFY and TL were still trapped down there when they first met in the cave. If LFY and TL weren't skilled enough to fight their way out, they might have died down there with HYX none the wiser!

Remember this: Gu Qishao was fully aware that Long Feiye might die, and still didn't bother telling Han Yunxi the truth. He's "nice," but he's never been fully honest with anyone, Han Yunxi included.

HYX isn't naive enough to believe in him wholeheartedly. The world isn't so kind. As you read on, you'll find out that the thing with GQS is that he's nice, yes, but only nice to HYX at the expense of everyone else. Look at how he ignores Mu Linger despite how much she cares for him. Why doesn't he ever thank her for all the help she's done him so far? She even tagged along with him to some place so dangerous!

Also, let's be clear here: Han Yunxi never asked Gu Qishao to go into that cave for her sake. He went himself because he wanted to. Same as Long Feiye + Tang Li.

He also basically ended up poisoning her husband in that cave. I don't think she's in any mood to thank him just yet. (What would she thank him for now?)

"Thanks for poisoning my husband, I really needed that."
    "Thanks for not telling me he was fighting off a whole swarm of venomous creatures after you left him behind on purpose."
    "Thanks for trapping his escape route so he got even more poisoned coming out."
    "Thanks for always barging into my rooms when you have nothing better to do, even though they're my private rooms in the middle of the Duke of Qin's estate."
    "Thanks for trying to find out about my past all the time even though it's clear I'm uncomfortable sharing too much info."
    "Hey but since you came into this dangerous cave for my sake I guess should be grateful for everything, huh? Even though my husband probably had the same idea. You're the best, Gu Qishao, haha~"

Yeah...now's not the best time.

In short: he is kind (to HYX), but it's a selfish type of kindness that comes at the expense of hurting others.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  18. HoneyBee349

HoneyBee349 Idk

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh well yeah, if you put it in that way... oh sorry I just biased him!

Ruyi likes this.
  19. HoneyBee349

HoneyBee349 Idk

Reading List:
    Link
    Then
    Mc is really a west win royal descendants? Which one father or mother? Her father (biological) is still alive?
    when you say seven, means that apart from shadow (Gu beiyue) there are other family or how? I fell confused in that part.

20. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Her mother's dead for sure. Her mother's mother (aka HYX's grandmother) was the last surviving heir to the throne before it was decimated. Basically, HYX's a princess! Hehe. Her father...as of now, I still haven't gotten to that part yet, but suffice to say his identity is still ???. There's some guy later on who comes in claiming to be her father, but I think it's proven otherwise. If someone else knows, that'd be great. I've been skimming around c1000s without finding concrete proof, oof.

Oh yes! There were seven clans that were loyal to the West Qin royal family, each with their own unique skills and abilities. Gu Beiyue's shadow clan specialized in quick speeds (he's blindingly fast, even faster than LFY if he uses his real skills) and concealment. I have to go back to find the others, but suffice to say some of the characters you'll meet/have met are also survivors of various clans.

Off the top of my head I can remember a Merpeople Clan (good with water, half-fish half human) and the Wind Clan (excellent skills in reading and using wind/air currents) and...the Concealment Clan? Anyways, all existing members of the seven clans are said to have died out or disappeared in present-day Cloud Realm Continent. Only traces of them remain, and nearly all of them go by family names rather than Clan ones now...

BTW, most people assumed the West Qin Dynasty died out, so very few know/suspect that HYX is royalty.