(Pokemon) First, favorites and Remakes

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Okuri Ookami, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    What was your first Pokémon series?

What Pokémon game was your favorite?

What classic Pokémon game do you want a remake or sequel to?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

You don't have to follow the traditional path of main Pokémon games by game freak, things like Pokémon ranger and dungeon are perfectly acceptable as well.If these are made by Game Freak I don't know, I'll admit I only have vague memories these were actually games!

My first ever Pokémon game was Pokémon Stadium but that was share owned with my brother

My first Pokémon game I ever owned of my own was Pokémon Coliseum and its also the game I wish got a direct sequel or remake the most! I liked the everything of that game a lot. Pokémon Colosseum 2 I consider to be an entirely different game, I want the original protag from one and him carrying on his adventures or at least a call back outfit and Eevee starter picks for newer games... A Pokémon Coliseum remake on the DS or Switch would be great!
    Maybe I have a thing about this era of Pokémon cause my first and only handheld Pokémon game was Sapphire. They've made a new version of it Alpha Sapphire and I like the idea of playing it for nostalgia.

But before that I was thinking about how vastly different the newer Pokémon games are and how I don't know nothing about them. Like Z moves first thought to me is "Did DBZ and Pokémon do a fusion dance while I was away from both series?" or "Do Japanese really love the last 3 letters in the English alphabet this much?" gotta remember X&Y

I checked out (Video) sun and moon and thought how cool Pokémon looked in this new era but then I heard there was an ultra and I have no clue what that is at all! Didn't Sun and moon comeout just last year? Why is there a new version so soon? Is this normal?

2. Serviet

Serviet Random bumpkin

Reading List:
    Link
    My first Pokemon Game was the blue version on gameboy and that's also one of my favourite. I also quite liked the game Pokemon tradind cards (not sure of the name but it was a GB or GBA game).
    More than a remake, I'm still wainting for the boat to come back on my blue version. (As heroes, dreams never die).

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  3. Chance

Chance Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    First was gold version...and like an idiot I killed the fire legendary bird. Favorite Pokemon was tyranitar...friend had stadium it was the only place I could use my original Pokemon as a family member saved over my game...I couldn't bring myself to rebuild.

4. Phantom Starlight

Phantom Starlight The Guiding Light

Reading List:
    Link
    , pokemon red was the first game i played. I got it because my friend was getting blue.
    My first pokemon was squirtle btw.

5. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow you a vet, I played a little when kids brought them to school but I was maybe kindergarten to 1st grade back then didn't really know what I was doing.

So many vets, I feel like a noob. Wonder what you two feel about the new pokemon games? What about the introduction of fairy types?

6. ArgosYesu

ArgosYesu Lord of Some Lands, Editor of Others

Reading List:
    Link
    Pokemon Emerald cause I would just trade rare pokemon with my friends and glitch/copy them, then mass-copy master balls as remuneration. I ended up with a party full of Mews somehow and was aiming for Mewtwo before another friend lost the cartridge in a theater... >_>

Then I woke up and realized Pokemon was just a repeated collectible and the true game is Digimon. HAIL DIGIMON!!!

7. FlameE

FlameE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fire Red, Fire Red and Fire Red, i even have this thing in my phone.

8. Agame

Agame The Prinny Of Questionable Tastes

Reading List:
    Link
    My first ever Pokémon game was Heart Gold the remake of Gold. I would say my favorite game is Heart Gold simply because of the amount if content it has, how I remember that it was kinda hard and that Pokémon followed me. A Pokémon classic that I would want a remake of though...
    I would say Pokémon Conquest if that counts.

9. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My first pokemon game was FireRed, played via emulator on PC.
    My fav is Emerald, cause it had a large map/region and was more challenging due to nature, EV, IV, and all that stuff.

Edit: Don't care about remake, but wish they would make a single pokemon game (2D style, playable on emulator) which has all regions/generations on map.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  10. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't remember when I started watching pokemon but I think I caught the 1st ep also cause that was my first memory of pokemon

YESSS ANOTHER DIGIMON FAN!!! I always loved Digimon more than Pokémon way better story, kids actually grow up and there are generations.

But still what are your take on the new Digimon and Pokémon games? I haven't played either.

Ok since I hate red I don't think we'd get along lol Even the main character of my favorite Pokémon game is wearing blue. But what is it you got on your phone?

All pokemon games count but I don't know what Pokémon Conquest is but I may have played it, I'll look it up.

11. Silverasterisk

Silverasterisk [Wallflower] [Drive by poster]

Reading List:
    Link
    Pokemon red was my first played. I want to see a 3d Pokemon mmo. I want it done right. The potential is awesome but will probably never happen.

12. Tsaimath

Tsaimath Otter Madness!

Reading List:
    Link
    Red as well
    Fav Pokemon, from a purely style point of view, propably Charizard, cause dragon
    My first starter was bulbasaur cause I didn't know about the game in the beginning
    As for games, I don't really care, at the end of the day, the concept stays the same, I personally play mostly on emulators, as in, do one play through, stop for a while, get a different Rom, do another and so on

13. Serviet

Serviet Random bumpkin

Reading List:
    Link
    It's just that we might be a bit older. I'm not really proud of this but I would most likely identify as an old grumpy guy saying "it was better before". I feel like they are just adding new pokemons to increase the number of games they are selling. I don't know if you saw the alola version of some pokemons but ... it's just silly. That's why I'm just playing my old pokemons game while pouting in my corner.

14. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    Just heard the same the same thing not to so long ago, I believe it would be cool to especially if you get to choose the region. I'd choose a region I could choose 2 starter pokemon... evee and Eevee
    EV, IV? Never played emerald

I doubt your too much older than me I just never bought a handheld till I was 13 or 15 and only played on consoles before then. I did see some stupid looking pokemon but hey there were some cool ones too so good and bad, plus & mius (get it)

15. ArgosYesu

ArgosYesu Lord of Some Lands, Editor of Others

Reading List:
    Link
    Really, the only pokemon I liked was Emerald cause the glitches gave me a reason to bother collecting all the pokemon. Everything else was a rinse and repeat of the same game over and over again.

Digimon during its Playstation phase was probably the best. Digimon World 1 had the most addicting digimon breeding. The gameplay is also one that is used in subsequent Digimon games.
    My hidden favorite is Digimon World 2, which was a dungeon crawler type with a party of 3 digimon fighting at once. It was a long-ass game that took me weeks to complete, and the digimon could be potentially grown to max stats (999 of each while the average was just in around 100).
    Digimon World 3 is the most popular and the gameplay is repeated a lot in later games as well. I'm not a huge fan of it, but it's still solid storywise.
    Digimon World 4 was rather trash, though some do like it. It was mostly an arcade fighting game using the popular digimon at the time as characters. Rather meh.

Most recently I've played the PSVita digimon game, Cyber Sleuths, which was enjoyable but lacks the infinite growth I like in Digimon World Two. I understood the reason behind this, but it still hindered the replay value (multiplayer relied a great deal on a balanced stat team and the only thing you could depend on was a varying lineup of skills and stat-increasing equipment rather than digimon growth).

The DS games had gameplays similar to Digimon World 3, but they were also fun for what they were. Even so, out of all the games, Digimon World 1 and 2 were probably the only ones with replay value to them.

If you want to play them, use a PSemulator and then download a few of the Digimon games. Easy and quite fun.

16. Serviet

Serviet Random bumpkin

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, alright we might be around the same age. I started playing when I was quite young. Don't take my rant too seriously. It's highly possible that I'm not too fond of the new games just because I took so much time and efforts to capture the 150 first pokemons (not counting mew as I cheated to have it) just to learn they would release 100 more... It was quite depressing.

17. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't grow up laying digimon games I only watched the series but always disliked how underrated it was compared to pokemon

18. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    and now there are close to 900 I think lol

19. Serviet

Serviet Random bumpkin

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone should tell Darwin to stop this madness.

20. Erroneous

Erroneous Gentleman Bastard™

Reading List:
    Link
    My first pokemon game was Red in the gameboy.

My favorite is Snap. I don’t know why but I spent hours playing snap and loved every minute.

I’d like to see them remake Coliseum. It was particularly good especially since you could load you actual party from the gameboy cartridge