Discussion Pokemon Masters: The Mobile Game

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by OverlyFriendly, Jun 27, 2019.

1. OverlyFriendly

OverlyFriendly I should do something about

Reading List:
    Link

7 or so hours ago, Pokemon released an animated trailer and information video for the new pokemon game coming out this season!

We dont just get to collect all the pokemon, we can get all the different trainers from all across the different regions too!

Oh boy, I'm so excited!

It's a collaboration between The Pokemon Conpany and DeNa. It looks fantastic already and I cant wait to play the game.
    If Its not free, I'd definitely pay for it!
    Looks like the best nostalgia trip in a modern phone game!

The animation is pretty great just only itself, however the style feels a bit jarring compared to the anime and core game promo videos. But it's still pretty awesome :blob_pompom:

2. Nigred0

Nigred0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just hope it's not an indication of where future Pokemon games are headed. So many ideas can be used for Pokemon - I'm still waiting on a Pokemon game that has a Tales of Graces-/Xillia-/Berseria-like battle system.

3. OverlyFriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably not.
    We have a table top Pokemon mobile game, a clicker-esqe magikarp mobilegame, a blocky island challenge pokemon mobile game, a shuffle puzzle game, a kiddie pokemon caring/reading/playing game, Pokemon Go, Trading Card Game online and so on. This is just one of the many :blobReach:

4. Nigred0

Nigred0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, but even Pokemon Go that soared in popularity has calmed down a bit. I suppose I needed to clarify that I hope that mobile games aren't the future of the core Pokemon games (R/G/B/Y, S/G/C, Sun/Moon, Sword/Shield, etc.). Don't want to play Pokemon Analog/Digital (examples) on a phone. I guess I just fear for the future of consoles.

5. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    I always regard mobile games with some skepticism till they actually come out so we'll see:cookie:

6. OverlyFriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    It still had 147mil active users >_>
    But yeah, I dont particularly want the Pokemon core games or other such games on the phone.
    Perhaps PC or switch but.... yeah
    Some are nice, but wouldn't want it to be just exclusively phone in the future