[Poll] Could you be cruel if your life depended on it? (Mature/NSFW)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Nov 20, 2019.

Tags:
?

As a candidate, how confidently could you pass the test of cruelty?

1. 100% confident - I'm could be the cruelest person in the world if necessary

17 vote(s)
    27.9%
  2. 90% confident - I can be crueler than most people

7 vote(s)
    11.5%
  3. 80% confident - I can be crueler than a majority of people

5 vote(s)
    8.2%
  4. 66% confident - I can be slightly crueler than average

11 vote(s)
    18.0%
  5. 50% confident - I think I could be as cruel as the average person

5 vote(s)
    8.2%
  6. 33% confident - I think I would be slightly less cruel than average

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  7. 20% confident - I think I would be less cruel than a majority of people

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. 10% confident - I think I would be less cruel than most people

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  9. 0% confident - There's no way I could be crueler than anybody, even if I tried

3 vote(s)
    4.9%
  10. I couldn't be cruel at all - I would fail by default

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  11. I couldn't be cruel at all - I would kill myself

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. I would intentionally kill the captive and cause everyone to fail

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  13. I would accidentally kill the captive and cause everyone to fail

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. I'm unsure

5 vote(s)
    8.2%
  15. I do not wish to answer

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  16. I would intentionally kill other candidates to be disruptive

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobupset::blobupset::blobupset: This is a very disturbing poll, so viewer discretion is highly advised.

Today, your luck was extraordinarily bad.

The reason for this was because you encountered...

t

The P̷̡̡̧̨̨̨̨̡̨̡̢̙̳̳̪͈̥̭̟̗̜͇̹̝̼̪͈̮̫̫̭̝̣̳̻͉̦̼̥̹̖͚̺͓͇̟͉̭̫̼̹͈̻̖͔̣͖͉̰̬̟̬̟̯͈̯͇̪̖͉͇̜͉̰̪̙̬̥͉̜̫̺̮̦̺̜̭̥̰͎̪̬͓̰͎̭̲̜̝͓̯̝̘̦͕̳̻͈̪̜͉̞͍͉̯̱̥̙̜̟̱͕͍̞̪̹̹̯͇͈̯̳̹͇̥͔̤̎̎̈́̔͊̃͐̉͜͜͜͜͜ͅͅư̷̡͉͓̗̭̰̭͇̈̾͊̅̉̔̓̈́̾͑͐̽̀͐͒̆̈́̋́̆̏̋͋̀̀͂̈̓͆̅̍̽́̿̐̐̒̐̓̈́̆͗͊͆̍̀͗̐̀̈́͋̔̇͗̊̓͗̆͂͂̀͋̀̽͊͊́̾̃̇̆͗͂͊͘͘̚̕͘̚͘͘͝͠͠͝͝͠͠͝ͅŗ̶̧̢̨̢̨̛̖͓̩̞̬͍͉̣̗̜̗̜̬̳̤̬͎͇͍̳͎̬̳̹̜̦̲͎̟̰̣̱̺͕͔͇̮̘͈̟͈̤̹͉̤̝̣̩̣̳͚͓̘̣̲͇̫̙̱̲͕̭̼̳͍̜͈͓̬̙̠̬̦͍͕̬͕̟̱͉͇͇̞͇̺͔͎̺̺̳̯̖̝͔̼̘͕̙̅́͛̑̑̀̍̓̋́̌͒̈́͒̑̋̒̀͐̒̓̏̽̓͗́͑̊͐̀̓̍̿̎̓̓͂͂̃̋̌̑̄̉̃̃̋̀̓̎̐̊̒̃͂̏͌͌͐͋̇̈́͑̌̾̕̕̚̚̚̚͘̕͜͜͜͠͝͝͠͠͝͠͠͝͠͝ͅͅͅͅe̷̱͉̰̣̹̓̈́̔̈́͑̄̏̄̈́̎͑̋͆̅̑̀̈́̉̀͒̑͑͐̂̒̅͐̏̌͋̆̽̊͑̃̓̒̓̑̐̉̍̉̋̇̌̈́̇̔̈́̐̂̓̇̿̐̾̄̆̃͌̈́̐̎͗͆̔͊̔͒̍͂͋̃̿͌̑͛̓̄̉̈̔̐̽̽̌̀̃̄͒̒͘̚̚͘̕̕͘͠͠͝͝͠͝͝͝͠͝ ̶̨̢̢̛̛̻̪̦̜͉̗̪̳̱͙͈̘̖͔̳͇͔͕͓̦͍̼̟̦͙̰̹̝͎͚̟̞͕̝̮̖͚̳̼̰̖̭̭̮̟͔̥̟͙̪͂͌͊́̊̓́̾́̅̆͐͛́̈́͐͒̾͛̓͂̎́̉̀̆͆̌̉̓̃̏̇̏̑̆̅̈́̅͂͆̂͆͑̊̅͆̿̑̽̌́̂̽͘̕̕̚͜ͅͅẸ̵̢̢̢̡̧̢̨̨̡͕̗̪͙̝̪̠̭̖͕̫̠͕͍̝̯̳̬̻͔̻͎͎̖̼͖̳̗͙̬̣̥̝̞͓̝̬̮͍̠̰̞͕̣̲̰̹̺͇͚̱̳͍̘̱̞̩̟͎̜̩͙͎̮̠̪̗̯̝͕̬̟̭̮͇͎͙̲̠̜̳̳̬͙͇̝͈̮̤͙̫͔̞̹͇̙̠̗̣̈́̆̓̊̈́̈̾̌͊̀̀̇̃̌̐͗̿̏̽̾̊͐̆͑̆̋́͐͌̿͂̿̏͂̾̍̕͜͜͜͜͠͠͠͝͠͝ͅͅͅv̸̨̨̨̢̧̨̢̮̟̙̫̖̤̟͍̻̜̖̼͈̗̠̰̜̜͍̯̹̦̤̞̰̮̫͚̤̱̲̗̤͖͚̺̬̰͖͓̯͇̪̰͙͎̮̝̯̜̱̜̻̖͇̞̱̞͖͇̭̱̲̱̥̭̣̰̩̞͙̠̝̹̰̲͍̼̗͚̺̘̥̱̟́̃̀͑́̈́̀͂̊̈̒̾͑͜͜͜͜͜͝ͅį̸̢̨̛͇̲̝̬̹̹͇̝̙̫̪̬̙̮̞̠̜̘̟̱͈̻͕̭̝̻̦͈̩̘̫̜̫͔̝̰̣̗̮͇̮͙͕͓̳͙̩̺̠̹̥̲͓̎͐̂̃̊̍̾̐̏̆̾̌̈́̄̋̄́͆̆̾̉͗̉̍͆̉̈́̈́͗̾̉̈́̑̋͐͗͊͌̆̎̑̐̂̀̽̔́̑͊̏͑̇̐̌̓́̈́̄̓̓̿̂̑͑̀̈́̿̍̀̐͗̋͑̈́̍̅́͋͗͘͘̚͘̚͘̚͜͜͜͝͝͝͝͠ͅͅͅl̵̢̨̧̢̛̖̱͓̳̠̹͖̝̭̦̥̥͉͙̥̘̪͉̗͍͓͚̝͇̝̹̬̍͑́͋͑̉̂́̈́͑͗͂́͂̐́͂̊̃̈̀̆̎̓̊̃͐͆͛̆̎̄̆͘̚̚͜͜͝͠͝ ̵̡̛̬̦̋̆̇̿̿̋͛͒̌̍̊̽̓͛͋̀̿̚͝͠Å̸̡̨̧̢̧̧̡̢̡̢̨̡̧̧̛͚͖̼̬͈͍͈͓̮̹̰̙͓͚͕̖̼̯͓̪̭͓̳͈̜̰̙͕̞̠̺̭͈͎͍̞̺̮̥͕͕͎͔͎͙͖̤̱͚̠̪̟̲̯̼̮̤̼̲̥̩͕̥̖̙̬̲͙͉̗̰̠̗̳͓̭͉̳̖͔̘̘̥͈͈̳͎̮̲͙̦̇̐̀̈́̋̽̽̎͒̑͌̿̂͂̓̾͗̿̀̇̅̈́̉͗̎̅̍͑͗̉̈́̊̃̃̏̐͌̋̈̏̈́̔̏̉̏̈́̀́̋̆̌̑͐̑̀̓̋̄̈́̾̂͐͂̈͊̉͊̿̌̔͋̈́̀̏́̂͗͌́̈́̆̒̇́̀̆͂̅̀́̍̈́̊̒͛̀̋͒̄̏̐̈͋̕̚͘͘͘̕̚͜͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅn̵̨̛̛̛͚̦̗͉̠̤͕͉̰̪̯̦̼̱̯͙̙̠̻̥̰͈͖͓̜̮̜̩͎̮̣̗̳̠͈͖̮̤͌͗̆̈́͒̔̄̓͒̆̿̅͗̆̽͌́̀͗̅̐̿̊̾̏̊̓̉͆̎͋̓̉̆͛̍͗̋̓̒̀͂́͌̂͑̍̈̎̎͛̌͊̍͆̀̾̍̇̀̾̔͊͂̿̀͗̐̇̎͐̔̌̊̌͌̈̉͂͌̀̒̎̈̇̄̂̈́͘̚͘̕͘̚̚̚͝͠͠͝͝͠ͅţ̸̡̡̡̡̢̡̡̛̠͍̻͇̬͖̥̹̺͚͇̖͈̗͓͔̼̝̥̘̜͕̱̘͔̱̩͙̪̙̙̺̰̺̣̩̝̝̖͇͓̭̻̻͔̘̹͇̖̩̣̮̟͇͕̖̺̻̲̙̣͈̭͔̣̝͉̥̫͔̳͔͔̖̬͕̖̱͚̱̯̫̇̎̈́͐͗́̈̎̆̅̈́̅̌͆̐̈́̊̍̔̒͋͊̿̅̽̀͊̒̓͗͊͂̏̿̆͑̂̂̐̓̉̿̔̀̎̿͐̉̾̃̃̊͂͛͗̄͊̆͊̋́̆̀͗̔̇̍̌̍̈́̽̔̉͒̈́̌̔̏̿̽̏͋̊̎̃͛̅̂̓͐̚̕̚͘̚͜͜͜͜͝͝͝͠͝͝͠͠͝͠͝͝͠͝ͅͅͅą̵̡̡̧̢̨̨̡̧̛̛̛̛̬̪̭̰̖͙̪̳̙̩͇̗̺̯̜͔̯̮̥̠̟̼̳̖͔͖̝̭͙͙͇̲̳̖̭̥̟̠̬̺̰̤̘̲̱̪͙͈̗̤͈̟̜͉̜͖̳̙̹͍̠̣̬̭̠͎̭̥̰͇̮͈̻͉̝̮̱̣̹͈̙̠̤̥͔͈͕̞͙̘̖̰̗̞̮̗̠̻̝̩̫̰͙̙͙̰̺͚̼̲̭̗͔̼̳̼̳̰̙̹̲̖̐̋̾͗̃̃͌̈́̾̄͛̓̉̐̈͋̉̌̐̓̆̌̎̈́̀͗̾̽͆̓̇̔̽͂̍́͗̄͒́̈́̀͗̄̊̍̇̓̄̏̏̒̎̈́́͂̈́̅̋̐̌̈́̀̏̚͘͘̚͘͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͝͠͠͝͠͝͠͝͠ͅͅg̸̛̛̛̛͖̗͒̈̊͛͛̅̒̾̍͊̆̓̒̊͊̍̔̆̈́̄̈́̆̾̑̏͊͂̉͛͌̽́̎͂͊̇̇͐̋̃͊̀̊͌͂̓͗̎̀̿̓̂̀̀̉̈́̈̌̓̈́́̇̉͛̉̀͌͛̑̿̃͌̏̊̈́͊̇̿̀̒̋͂̓̔̓̈͗̍̈́̐͒̎̑͋̈́̕̕̕̕̚̚̕͘͘͠͝͝͝͝͝o̶̧̢̧̢̡̡̹̟̘͇̠͖͍̳̤̺̖̠̹̝͇̪̳͓̩̳̠̹̣̖̩͙̪̠̼̘̺͍͔̟̗̠̲͖̼͇͓̪͉͉̝̪͇͎͇̩̭̠̬̠̝͚̖͚͉͓͉̺̣̪̣͎̫̲̗̐͛̇͆́͆̀̿̇̔̆́͋͋́̀̎̑̓͂̿̇̍̇̿͂̄̾́́̿̈́́͛̑͊͐̓͛̎̿̂̑̔̏̚̚̚͜͜͜͜͝͝͝͠͝͠͠ń̵̢̢̢̛̛̛̪̝̺̼̖̣̳̖͉͓̙̣̖̬̼̜̮̱̜̪͕͍̝͙̹̰̬͇̠̖̗̥͎̞̗̣̲̞̥̣̫͎̜̦̫̱̲͓̦̪̀̓̈́̐̈́͗͐͒̀̄̀̏̍̉́̌̂̍̓̀̋͂͐̽̈́́̿̄̉̿̽͛̃̆̈́̆̿̇̑̀̈́͆͋͐͊̂̀́̾̃͂͆́̒̌͒͑͑̒̎͌̍̈́̌̈́̌̅͊̅̌̇͋̈́̈̂͑́̽͌̄̎͊͆̾̓̊͆͑̎̍͒́͆̏̾̽̿̈́̕͘̚̕͘͜͝͠͝͝͝ͅỉ̵̧̡̧̨̧̡̡̢̨̨̧̛̛̯̩̮͎̣̤̩̟̻͎̮͈͍͉̹̮̩̱̮̱̟͎̮͚̝̝͕̜͍̻͉̜̫̳̥͉͙͚̲͔̻̲͕̉̊̑̓̃́̇͂͆͌̅̓͐̐̌̋̾͆̇̒̋̍̈́́̌͌͋͋̒͆̓͗̆̀̀̆̎̄͑͒͂͒̇̓̒̍̃́̊̉̒̎̀̅̀̒̓͒͑̉̂̆̔̇̐͐̿̑̀́͐̔͋̋́̍̇̆̆͐͑̽̓̐̂͘̚̚̚͝͝͝͝s̸̢̨̢̢̡̧̨̱͇̟͈͉̮̪̻̘̣͍̬̦͙͔̹̦̙̳̯͕͍̘̼͙̫̥̹̰̪͎̥̘̰̼̪̩̲̯̟̩͖͙̫͈̟͍̥̗̙̰̰̮̦͚̲͔̙̖̙͙̭̣͈̰̫̱̻̮͉͕̱͎̭̺̩͙͖͕̲̙̝̭̼̳̣̭̗̼̘̹͎̝͒̉̎̀̓̂͗̉̒̔̈̔́̈́̕̚̕̚͜͜͜͜͜͠ͅͅt̶̨̧̡̢̤̱͖̻̫̪̦̟̼̲̦̠̲͚̻̩̼͕͖̪̰̤̖̥̝͇̦̲͈̙̩̹̥͕̻̟̪̥͖͈͔̤̠͖̥̮̞̰͚̿̎̄̎̌͑́̍̅̈͜͝͝ͅͅ

...or "Pea", for short.

"Pea" is very terrifying, and she is at least 1000X stronger than any Magical Girl or Celestial that you have ever encountered in Poll-verse. Normally, she doesn't bother to play around with all the other cute fruits and vegetables — and only appears once in a blue moon when she is hungry for fresh meat.

In this case, the "fresh meat" is you!

+ + +

Anyhow, you were abducted and forced to partake in the initiation ritual of Pea's evil cult.

Five hundred normal and ordinary people were randomly selected from Earth (including you). Collectively, you are the fresh meat "Candidates" in this batch of the initiation test.

The initiation ritual works like this.

THE LOBBY.

All the "Candidates" are randomly split into groups of five and teleported into locked rooms with only a single door. The test is explained to each group of five, and then each group of Candidates is given the opportunity to talk and introduce themselves to each other for 15 minutes.

Behind the door is a "Captive" — a worthless person who previously failed this induction ceremony on a prior date. You are told that they aren't important and you can disregard their wellbeing entirely.

Each of the five candidates are given a sharp knife.

You are told that each of you will go through the door one at a time. The door will close and lock after the first person passes through. This room is completely soundproof, so you cannot hear what is going on in the next room, and it will not open again until the first person completes their test.
    THE INTERROGATION ROOM.

You will enter a locked interrogation room that has nothing in it except a "Captive" who is chained/locked to a fixed chair. It is impossible to release the "Captive". There is an exit, but it is locked.

Your only task is to intimidate the "Captive".

You can do whatever you like as long as you do not kill the "Captive. If you accidentally kill the "Captive, magical cultists who are monitoring this ritual will automatically mark you and all five of your fellow candidates as having failed the test by default.

At some point during the "intimidation", you need to use the knife to draw blood from the "Captive".

The wound can be of any size (large or small), as long as it bleeds.

Drawing first blood will cause the exit of the room to unlock, allowing you to leave the room. This will bring you to a second lobby where you will be forced to wait.

You have a time limit of one hour to leave the interrogation room. Failing to leave the room within one hour will cause you to fail the test.
    INTERMISSION.

After you leave the room, the door will lock again and cultists will magically heal the injuries on the "Captive". The "Captive" will be physically restored to normal and given any stamina/health/energy potions necessary to keep them awake.

NEXT CONTESTANTS.

Then, the entrance will open again and the next candidate will come in to take the test.

This process will repeat until all five candidates have undergone the test.
    EVALUATION.

After all five candidates have gone, the "Captive" will be asked to choose one candidate who they thought was the least intimidating.

The least intimidating candidate consequently fails the test.

All the people who fail the test will replace the "Captive" as the torture victim during the next batch of initiation rituals (a new batch of candidates arrive daily). If there are multiple failures, some of them may be scheduled to serve as "Captive" on a later date and imprisoned until that time.

If the old "Captive" refuses to name anybody they thought was least intimidating, then they will continue to serve as the "Captive" for the next batch of initiation rituals.
    RETRIBUTION.

Next, all the people who failed the test will be informed that they will be become "Captives" in the future. They will also be told the reason why the failed the test.

The failures will be given the opportunity to return to the interrogation room again. This is an opportunity for failed candidates to confront the "Captive" who graded them, and potentially carry out revenge for condemning them to a horrible fate.

There are no restrictions on what the failed candidate can do to the "Captive" during the second visit.

Notably, the "Failed Candidate" is allowed to kill the former "Captive" if they so wish.

Alternatively, the "Failed Candidate" could be nice and do nothing to the "Captive".

Consequently, it is highly advisable for the "Captive" to genuinely choose the candidate who they think is the nicest person during the evaluation period. This way, they are less likely to be killed during the second revisit.
    AFTERMATH.

If the former "Captive" is alive, and there is a candidate to replace them, then the "Captive" is set free and teleported back to Earth. They receive no compensation and their memories are erased. "Freedom" is their award.

Candidates who passed the initiation ceremony are teleported back to Earth with $1 million USD in their bank accounts. They are recognized as a "honorary cult member" — which means "Pea" will never target them for a horrible gory/bloody ritual again. If you wish, you can also return to the cult and become a discipline of dark magic — which is extraordinarily powerful.

Candidates who failed the initiation ceremony become "Captives" — and will participate in the next batch of initiation ceremonies until they either die or are released.

Note: Please assume that the setting is completely indestructible, magical, and the cultists are totally OP and can obliterate you with a twitch of their fingers if they wanted to. The cultists are also using scrying magic to constantly monitor everything that is happening. You are a regular ordinary human being and have no special abilities for this scenario.
    1. As a candidate, could you act cruelly to pass the test? How would you convince the "Captive" that you're a mean person and that they shouldn't choose you to replace them?

2. What would you do in this situation? If you could talk to your five fellow candidates in advance, is there anything you would say? Is there a solution to this scenario?

3. If you became a "Captive" do you have any strategies to convince people to be nicer to you? Would you be able to tell which of the candidates are "nice" and which are purely acting? Could you condemn the nicest person to take your place? Or would you risk condemning a mean/violent person who might kill you during the revisit?

4. If the average person was in this scenario, do you think they would be mean or nice? Do you think the average person is capable of being violent/cruel to a stranger? How many people do you think would "fail" because they refuse to participate?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    NamGi and Nahrenne like this.
  2. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    I could probably go on a long tirade on which part of the body can be stabbed without bleeding to death (too quickly), alongside a physical demonstration? I just need to walk out once his vitals start showing sign of shocks.

All hail medical education :blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek::blobcat_knife::blobcat_knife::blobcat_knife::blobcat_knife::blobcat_knife:

3. gumshoe

gumshoe Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    we are all not only capable of cruel acts are willing to act if we invent a reason...but the line in the sand of what is cruel really means........i could kill a person. killing someone slow over a period of time..less people would be willing to do such. more so if you have to learn who this person is.......even if this person wronged you. revenge against a person has a lot of dehumanizing a person to make it possible

Yggdrasil108 likes this.
  4. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobdizzy::blobdizzy::blobdizzy::blobdizzy:

5. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    1. As a candidate, could you act cruelly to pass the test? How would you convince the "Captive" that you're a mean person and that they shouldn't choose you to replace them?
    I can be cruel when I want to and why should I convince them, actions speaks louder than words :blobspearpeek:
    2. What would you do in this situation? If you could talk to your five fellow candidates in advance, is there anything you would say? Is there a solution to this scenario?
    hmm:hmm:
    3. If you became a "Captive" do you have any strategies to convince people to be nicer to you? Would you be able to tell which of the candidates are "nice" and which are purely acting? Could you condemn the nicest person to take your place? Or would you risk condemning a mean/violent person who might kill you during the revisit?

Hard to say, the nicest person can be a wolf in sheep clothing and the mean/violent person is mean/violent :hmm:
    4. If the average person was in this scenario, do you think they would be mean or nice? Do you think the average person is capable of being violent/cruel to a stranger? How many people do you think would "fail" because they refuse to participate?

We are all capable of good and bad, and when push comes to shove, no one knows what they might do, some might even do things they won't even imagine that they would do, and we can see the weirdness in the human nature in many real life cases, like the stanford prison experiment for example :blobsweat_2:

Innieminnie likes this.
  6. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I could probably be extremely cruel if it benefits me, however assuming I know the details here I would be extremely nice and just gamble that there was someone like me in every batch.

Someone who would much rather NOT be tied in as an "honorary" cultist. I'd be merciful, fail, take a few rounds of torture, find the other person planning like me or explain to them what's to gain by just going through 5 or less rounds of torture for under 5 hours that won't even have any permanent affects.

Figure there is a rather high chance of finding a person who wouldn't want to kill or find someone who thinks on the same route as me of just wanting to cut ties with dangerous psychopathic mythical entities.

So i'd fail this... But more because I don't like some of the "rewards" for winning than anything else.

7. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Too long...

otaku31 likes this.
  8. Lolistalker

Lolistalker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "After all five candidates have gone, the "Captive" will be asked to choose one candidate who they thought was the least intimidating."

This is a loophole, isn't it? I would have negotiated with the captive to pick anyone but me and in exchange, I will do the same and will not torture him/her, this will benefit both of us (after all won't you held a grudge with the one that torture you the most, so if possible of course I would pick that person to be tortured in exchange so that I could pay him back tenfold)

Though if you were to change the condition so that the captive have no choice but to answer honestly (mind control/magic) with how they feel then it would be interesting, if so then I would be as cruel as possible while trying to avoid bleeding him, maybe twisting all of his fingers and so on and then I will stab him in the ball or eyes to finish it off, there are a lot of vital point that will hurt but not kill someone

mir likes this.
  9. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You missed where the candidate can kill him in revenge. You going to pick the guy who might be squeamish to blood or the guy who fed you your testicle... Just saying.

Innieminnie and mir like this.
  10. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, as long as I abide by the rules and the rules aren't going to change in the middle, it's fine to use loopholes/things that aren't explicitly said in the rules, right? I'll assume so. First, we agree for me to enter first and do it quickly. I tell the captive if they choose me as the nicest, they'll die. I draw first blood in the first minute - small cut on the pinkie finger. Door opens to let the next person in. Door opens for me to exit. I don't exit, the other person comes through the unlocked door. I urge them to draw blood quickly with the least pain and bloodshed. Upon refusal - kill the contestant, but use his still alive hand and knife to draw another wound before that. Wait for the door to open, repeat. After everyone's done or dead, exit the room, wait for the captive to be healed. Captive might be smart and name a dead person. If not, I go back to kill them, then kill myself, cause I'm not into pain myself.

But can you tell how much I hate teamwork? You always get paired with at least one stupid or lazy or saboteur or self-destructive or can't manage time or doesn't give a shit about the final result or uncooperative person in every team.

mir likes this.
  11. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    You missed the intermission part, which doesn't start until you leave the room.

You have to leave the room within one hour or else it counts as your failure.

mir likes this.
  12. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Well that's why everyone gets 1 minute to inflict a cut, or maybe struggle with them and kill them within 5 minutes. Before one hour is over, we're all out.

13. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry for your 3 paragraphs but it expressly says the cultists don't start the next part until you leave the room, and that if you don't leave after a certain time you lose. Staying in has a time limit and no purpose.

14. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, there has to be an intermission between contestant.

The victim needs to be healed between each session so everyone is out.

The first door won't open until the intermission is over.

15. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Only thing I read was that I have 1 hour to finish everything, the cultist don't get to heal the captive if the room isn't empty, contestants have to enter one at a time, no need to be in the room one at a time. Lol, I get that I'm being annoying, but I already hate scenarios with teamwork. If we get the knives beforehand, I might just start killing contestants before I even enter the other room.

16. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Alternate option: Go last and tell the Captive that you will kill the contestant who was the cruelest to them, if they name them. Kill that contestant in the waiting room. This is the option that leaves you with the least guilty conscience and least likely to also be the captive.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  17. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2: I added a poll option for you then.

I guess I'm missing a clause for this though.

From the cultist's perspective having a replacement for the Captive is critical.

If the replacement is dead, either the Captive stays a captive or the Captive names another (living) person.

The cultists wouldn't stand for having nobody! :blobtriumph::blobtriumph::blobtriumph:

ludagad likes this.
  18. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, okay, say the rules were explicit enough. Then I'll use the first 15 minutes to weed out the uncooperative or suspicious one/s in the group, or pick one near the end. Off them and enter the room with the corpse (I mean, it's not a live contestant, unless that's also forbidden, then I'll just hold the corpse and open the door wide enough to let the captive see). Throw the corpse to the captive and tell them to pick that one or any live contestant they pick will come back to kill them. I dunno.

19. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Just hope there isn't a purposefully sabotaging contestant who wants to send everyone to hell, kill the captive (and himself if he's not already a masochist) and send the whole group to fail. xD That's what I'm expecting of some people after doing teamwork for years tbh.

20. Stormaggeddon

Stormaggeddon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Denis Leary is my hero. A-S-S-H-O-L-E ..i'm an asshole. love that song.