[Poll] Could you live in a matriarchal society?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Nov 12, 2019.

Tags:
?

Could you find happiness in a matriarchal world?

1. I’m male - Yes! I love this idea!

5 vote(s)
    7.0%
  2. I’m male - Yes, I could be happy

11 vote(s)
    15.5%
  3. I’m male - Yes, maybe...

13 vote(s)
    18.3%
  4. I’m male - I’m unsure

9 vote(s)
    12.7%
  5. I’m male - No, possibly not...

4 vote(s)
    5.6%
  6. I’m male - No, I probably won’t be happy

5 vote(s)
    7.0%
  7. I’m male - No, I would hate it!

6 vote(s)
    8.5%
  8. I’m female - Yes! I love this idea!

5 vote(s)
    7.0%
  9. I’m female - Yes, I could be happy

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  10. I’m female - Yes, maybe...

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  11. I’m female - I’m unsure

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  12. I’m female - No, possibly not...

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  13. I’m female - No, I probably won’t be happy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. I’m female - No, I would hate it!

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  15. I do not wish to answer

6 vote(s)
    8.5%
  1. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess it doesn't matter. The most important part is, does it have the fundamental basic concept of family? If so, then as long as a female is nurture since youth to become the head of household or to become the provider--then it is a world that isn't much different from this world aside from the reverse role of sexes and genders.

2. Innieminnie

Innieminnie Secret Parrot, Hidden Dodo

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm...I think I'd be okay with that actually. I actually really suit the role as housewife...my personality and even hobbies lean toward that direction, although I would have to learn how to sew...I wouldn't be the dominant party, and I wouldn't be the one to give birth...hmm. Could I overcome my disgust toward intercourse though? Well...I'd sort of have to, especially if I wanted a successful marriage. I don't think I'd be able to do it if I had to give birth though...that's too terrifying to think about.

1. Could you find happiness in this world?

Yeah, looks don't matter much to me, and I've always been of the mind that unconditional support, trust, and compromise was the secret to any successful relationship. That said, are we living in an age of arranged marriage? That would suck. Hopefully I get married to a childhood friend who though they may not love me, is willing to start a family with me.

2. Would you socially or politically campaign for men’s rights in this world? Even if it causes your family/neighbors to frown at you?
    Well no. I go with the flow...as long as I'm happy, it doesn't matter. If I'm not, I'd try my hand at writing a book about my experiences- and then try to make my life better. I don't want to bring children into an unhappy marriage...they don't deserve that. Even if I got frowns, I wouldn't let my children or myself endure abuse.

3. Are there any aspects you would like more about this world? Or would you hate it all?
    I don't have to give birth, and I'm a pretty uke are the only good things honestly...being forced to to get married kind of sucks, and not being able to support myself if my significant other dies or is abusive is another.

Edit: It just occured to me that I would be female in this world since that is an option. Hm. Well. I could still live with that. I'd find myself a hubby that is discontent with his lot in life and then marry him.and allow him to do whatever he wanted with me as a shield, as long as it wasn't anything harmful, and he didn't get other women pregnant. Then, with his help, I'd fake being barren and find someone else to bare a child for him if he wanted children, or just adopt. If he wanted intercorse...well we'd have to look for an individual who wouldn't mind being the mistress.

We'd be a dysfunctional functionally happy pair. Or at least I hope so haha~

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    Pyoo likes this.
  3. Innieminnie

Reading List:
    Link
    What, why?! Then you'd be the one giving birth! bIrTh

4. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobsweat_2: The really interesting thing is that there are a bunch of Nuffians who said similar things; that it’s easier for them to accept it (even from the mpreg polls) if they were just genderbent.

Innieminnie and Arcturus like this.
  5. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    ...For some reason, that just doesn't make much sense to me. I guess people are just stuck in the gender roles that society has conditioned them to accept.

Innieminnie and lychee like this.
  6. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, they’re kind of weird results from these polls that I never would have otherwise expected.

That said, I do think there are a number of people on NUF who have a genderbender fetish, which could be tying into it.

Gin_Hindew, Innieminnie and Arcturus like this.
  7. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

AMissingLinguist and VesperNyan like this.
  8. NamGi

NamGi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The real question is whether I'd still be a dog or not

9. Innieminnie

Reading List:
    Link
    That just boggles my mind. I much rather be male. I mean, I get to pee standing up! The only downsides is having to shave your face and being masculine. I guess the expectations too, but I wouldn't really care about that. Although I'd probably be bullied...hmm.

10. Gin_Hindew

Gin_Hindew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    BY HAVING CONTROL OVER THE CHILDREN

Duh, "first you get the women and they will bring the kids, then the men are yours," people have become too idiotic to realize how enormous is the power to raise the children, but victimization wont work otherwise

11. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I think there's some extent of cultural brainwashing too.

There's a very famous quote that women are the worst misogynists — and a lot of stuff like "slut shaming" and various other cultural phenomenons come much more strongly from women than men, on average.

I think even from this poll -- it's really fascinating to see almost virtually nobody express interest wanting to push for men's rights.

It is very difficult to get humans to agree on something, and this is just as true when you reduce the numbers in half into 50% of humanity.

Just because everyone is a woman (or a man), does not mean people will agree.

Lurking and Innieminnie like this.
  12. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    Bold of you to assume this isn't lychee's mpreg fetish world

13. Gin_Hindew

Gin_Hindew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, easy women decrease the value of chaste women, why marry to bang a girl if there are others who would do it just for a drink? so it stands to reason that women would dislike easy women more than men, really, is there a man who would dislike being surrounded by easy girls?

The only place men are against sluttyness is when knowing who the father of a child is, but that can be easily solved by marrying as virgins and then sluttying up when no longer planning to have children, feminism fucked up because they wanted to destroy the social institutions instead to adapt them, for example, women getting a "housewife salary" would have worked out much better than making divorce so advantageous to women

The reason no one pushed for men's rights is because we are use to men having duties, so, even if the duties are changed to househusbanding the idea still remains, as an example im from a rural area and in the past even the men who would hit their wives wont force them to do heavy jobs because thats for men and would do that themselves, and we are talking about asshole drunkards

In this imaginary "Matriarchal society" women would be bound by duty, which changes things a lot from simply "oppression and privilege," IRL matriarchal societies dont have that much duty because they re stuck in the stone ages and they only have metal and other amenities because they trade with patriarchal societies so they cannot be really extrapolated to the rest of the world, only to places with enough natural resources to sustain a population without heavy labor

Innieminnie and Pyoo like this.
  14. lighterxx

lighterxx Hoshi stan before a human °^°)

Reading List:
    Link
    I love it already IF THIS WORLD IS FILLED WITH HOSHI WHO AM I TO SAY NO

15. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Could you find happiness in this world?

what is happiness... its a chance and what you would make of it
    2. Would you socially or politically campaign for men’s rights in this world? Even if it causes your family/neighbors to frown at you?

F that. Its early. No benefit to campaign now...
    I think I would like to enjoy myself being a woman. Also... you should have made all women 30% stronger than the average man. HUnting eh?
    3. Are there any aspects you would like more about this world? Or would you hate it all?

Seems fun and different.

16. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I reject this reality. This isn't any better!!! Even for me - any society that pushes you to suppress your emotions is toxic.

If I don't immediately throw myself off a cliff to escape this regressed dystopia, I'll probably start the men's liberation movement.

(I admit the world is going to be full of super hot men, though, which makes a nice change.)

AMissingLinguist and Innieminnie like this.
  17. Innieminnie

Reading List:
    Link
    It is too exhausting. You have to start somewhere, and sometimes your cause becomes toxic like feminism. My answer would be the same if I were a woman in ancient times. My life would suck, and I'd just have to deal. I'm not a figher, and am more willing to endure until something positive starts showing. I don't think it's fair, but I'm not going to waste my life lamenting for something better and for a better future. I want to live it doing the little things I enjoy rather than fighting tooth and nail to do things that would probably get me killed anyway.

I would support and admire those who do, but I'm selfish, and I accept that.

Lurking likes this.
  18. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I could live in a matriarchal society but I think even then SJW feminists would be griping!

19. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm surprised @OldManGu didn't post here. Of all the polls this seems like the most up his alley.

AMissingLinguist and OldManGu like this.
  20. OldManGu

OldManGu Legendary Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like my dreams