[Poll] How much of your life could you dedicate to charity?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Dec 10, 2019.

Tags:
?

How much of your life could you dedicate to charity in this setting?

1. 100% - I'll dedicate my entire life to charity!

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. 99%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 95%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 90%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 80%

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  6. 75%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 66%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 50% - I would dedicate half my life to charity

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  9. 33%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 25%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. 20%

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  12. 10%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. 5%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. 1%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. 0% - I would never perform any charity in my life

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  16. I would refuse to be an acolyte - I'd rather focus on myself

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. I would refuse to be an acolyte - I don't believe in charity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. I would refuse to be an acolyte - I think charity often backfires

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  19. I would refuse to be an acolyte - I don't have anything to give to others

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  20. I would refuse to be an acolyte - I don't believe humanity deserves to be helped

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  21. I would refuse to be an acolyte - I distrust the Celestial

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  22. I would refuse to be an acolyte - Religious reason

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  23. I would refuse to be an acolyte - Other reason

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  24. I'm unsure

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  25. I do not wish to respond

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove: The wholesome isekai continues!

The Celestial of Love and Charity has decided to transmigrate you into her world — a standard medieval fantasy isekai setting (similar to typical JP isekai novels).

You will receive no cheats and you will spawn into the world completely naked and broke as your normal Earth-version body.

However, if you agree to become her religious acolyte, you will receive some additional benefits. As the Celestial of Love and Charity, her principle focus is charity, so performing charity is equivalent to religious worship in her eyes. (note: giving "love" to others is also one of her domains, but only "wholesome" love is counted — no hentai/ecchi desu!)

Every charitable action that you perform will raise the Celestial's power. If enough power is collected, the Celestial can perform miracles — but it's unclear to you exactly what kind of miracles the Celestial is capable of performing.

Unfortunately, while you are in the mortal world, you will be unable to communicate with the Celestial. However, the Celestial reassures you that she will always be watching you, even in your darkest hour. If you agree to being her acolyte, she will try her best to protect you and your interests with all her divine power.

Of course, this is contingent on the fact that you continue performing charitable acts for the rest of your life, and that your moral/ethical alignment remains "good" (as opposed to "evil") for the most part.

The Celestial tells you that you can dedicate your entire life to charity if you wish. If you dedicate 100% of your time to charity, the Celestial assures you that she will definitely have enough divine power to make food or loose change spontaneously appear on the ground out of pure coincidence. You will never starve or freeze to death from the elements. It may not be a comfortable life to any degree, but it will at least be enough to live.

1. Would you agree to this arrangement? Why or why not?

2. How much of your time would you dedicate to charity in this setting? What kind of charity would you do?

3. Are you generally a charitable person? Why or why not?

4. It is said that everybody has something they can "give" — regardless of their wealth or status in life. After all, gifts don't have to be materialistic or monetary in nature. What is something that you have an abundance of that you're willing to give to others?

5. Are you going to give anyone gifts this holiday season? What kind of gifts will you give?

6. What kind of gifts do you like to receive?

NamGi likes this.
  2. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    What is it with you and this guild and charity isekai topic :blobunsure:? and where is the slightly morbid part :blobconfused:?

felidormit likes this.
  3. tekinwillie

tekinwillie TEKING

Reading List:
    Link
    In this setting I believe that I would try and give my all to it. At least it would be better than most real life "charities".
    1: agree.
    2: As much as I can. It would be so much harder if it was a modern world, but if it is not then I wouldn't really have anything better to do anyways.
    3: No.
    4: Time and knowledge.
    5: Money. Or if they tell me what they want then that.
    6: Nothing really. Just kinda want to spend time with friends and family. Seems like most people are busy nowadays. Kinda lonely really.

4. a14635

a14635 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After listening to all that, I would say: "Thanks, but no thanks! Just put me back where i was."

5. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    That charity celestial isn't charitable. More like trade celestial

asriu and felidormit like this.
  6. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    another celestial on list to be exterminated

this cat not charity cat
    this cat can share idea, implementation and such thing been there done that
    gift? nay just spend time with family and give other pocket cring cring
    never asked gift cuz this cat have no mind for such thing~
    this cat is type give other gift cuz wanna give other~ never expect gift from other cuz this never bother with this cat own birthday celebration