[Poll] If you were a dragon, how would you hide as a human?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Nov 29, 2019.

Tags:
?

Would you transform into a male/female human?

1. I'm male - I'm a female dragon and would transform into a male human

11 vote(s)
    23.4%
  2. I'm male - I'm a female dragon and would transform into a female human

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  3. I'm male - I'm a female dragon and would transform into a gender(?) human

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  4. I'm male - I'm a female dragon and would transform into a fantasy species

5 vote(s)
    10.6%
  5. I'm male - I'm a female dragon and would transform into an animal

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. I'm male - I'm a female dragon and wouldn't transform - I would fight!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I'm male - I'm a female dragon and wouldn't transform - I keep hiding somehow?

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. I'm male - I'm a female dragon and wouldn't transform - I would surrender to the humans

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. I'm male - I'm a female dragon and I would kill myself

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  10. I'm male - I'm unsure

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  11. I'm female - I'm a male dragon and would transform into a male human

4 vote(s)
    8.5%
  12. I'm female - I'm a male dragon and would transform into a female human

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  13. I'm female - I'm a male dragon and would transform into a gender(?) human

5 vote(s)
    10.6%
  14. I'm female - I'm a male dragon and would transform into a fantasy species

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  15. I'm female - I'm a male dragon and would transform into an animal

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  16. I'm female - I'm a male dragon and wouldn't transform - I would fight!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. I'm female - I'm a male dragon and wouldn't transform - I keep hiding somehow?

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  18. I'm female - I'm a male dragon and wouldn't transform - I would surrender to the humans

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. I'm female - I'm a male dragon and I would kill myself

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  20. I'm female - I'm unsure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  21. I do not wish to answer

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. Pyoo

Pyoo ☀ Summer Melody ☀

Reading List:
    Link
    Why live in hiding, better to just change to something and live with it
    Be a braindead jellyfish

lychee likes this.
  2. arashi-chan12

arashi-chan12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Will you transform into a human? What gender human form would you pick? Does your dragon gender matter to you at all?
    Ideally I wouldn't transform and find some other place to stay... But if I had to absolutely transform then human seems to be the best since they're at the top of the power chain atm. I'm sure all the other races hate them but I'd be safe(ish?) with other humans at least. I would transform into a female since I'm most used to that, but would likely start the transformation magic back right after I transformed (assuming I can choose when and if I can transform).

My dragon gender doesn't really matter much. I mean, if I can find a dragon mate then sure we can try to increase our species numbers. But if I really am the last dragon then it don't matter, I might as well just live as a human woman lol.

2. Would you choose to stay human for the rest of your life and lose your dragon identity?
    It's safer to be human in short term, and they are the most OP existence on the planet so even if I try to make the other races do a coup it's likely to fail ._. Plus like, it must be hard to sustain my bus sized body with food so I'm not against turning human completely...

But I still would not want to give up my dragon identity, but it depends on how safe I feel it is in 10 years and how realistic I think it is I can escape detection for another 10 years. Lots of things can change in 10 years, and if I can find someone I really trust/who is powerful enough to protect me from poachers then I don't mind subordinating/partnering myself to them so long as I get rights.

3. If you intend to transform back into your original dragon form after 15 years (note: it takes 10 years to cast a single transfiguration spell), how do you intend to hide yourself then? How will spend your 15 years as a human?
    Looking for a place uninhabitable for humans but where I can live as a dragon. Like, somewhere extremely cold (I got fire breath so heat shouldn't be too much of a problem?), some sort of cave/cavern or if worse comes to worse, somewhere I can dig an underground abode for myself ;u; Meanwhile I'll try to keep my ears out for any changes in hunting policy and such. It's already illegal but who knows, the more animal friendly ones might create a dragon reserve because we're an endangered species lol

4. If you have 15 years as a human, is this enough time for you to make close friends and acquaintances (from scratch)? Will you feel comfortable leaving them after 15 years?
    ...no? Lol
    Do not underestimate the level of my introversion ;)

5. How confident are you in your ability to make a living starting from scratch (zero money and zero assets/belongings) as a human in a medieval fantasy isekai setting?
    Zero confidence. I'll probably die as a human before I even make it back to my dragon form ;v;

6. Do you think it is easier to start as one gender versus another? What kind of physical appearance would you give yourself? What age would you choose?
    I would say it's easier to live independently as a man... But each case is different, especially depending on the times. Living as a woman in ancient times must be even worse. Still, even if I could change my gender I'd like to stay female.

For my appearance, something similar to what I have now but moderately pretty? Cuz it's not good to be too pretty especially as a powerless woman. It'd have to be somewhat young, maybe like 18. Old enough to be an adult so I can live independently, but not too old. My body needs to be physically capable of labor and I'd like to live as long as possible. 10-15 years after 18 is only 28-33 so it's still quite a good age if I do decide to stay human and want to settle down with a family or something. Not everyone has a protagonist Halo where if they're a young child, they luckily get picked up by a rich and powerful passerby who gets interested in their power/personality or lack thereof TuT

lychee likes this.
  3. girisuherman

girisuherman ∆ Hiki Bear ∆

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Will you transform into a human? What gender human form would you pick? Does your dragon gender matter to you at all?
    No human because I will became powerless human without human magic, I'm male and i like it but with gender switch dragon magic I probably will try repopulate dragon with clone spell.
    2. Would you choose to stay human for the rest of your life and lose your dragon identity?

Probably i will hot swap form each 5 year, because 10 year for cast magic? If magic influence reality i probably believe cast time, because it too complex

3. If you intend to transform back into your original dragon form after 15 years (note: it takes 10 years to cast a single transfiguration spell), how do you intend to hide yourself then? How will spend your 15 years as a human?

I will spend that time for make a cult, dragon worship cult then use dragon magic to transform them as dragon
    4. If you have 15 years as a human, is this enough time for you to make close friends and acquaintances (from scratch)? Will you feel comfortable leaving them after 15 years?

My follower not leave my service even after death, *evil laughing* soul magic
    5. How confident are you in your ability to make a living starting from scratch (zero money and zero assets/belongings) as a human in a medieval fantasy isekai setting?
    You have moderen knowledge.... Use it

6. Do you think it is easier to start as one gender versus another? What kind of physical appearance would you give yourself? What age would you choose?

Depends on society that I will enter, average appearance because it will cause less impression on troublesome people? At age 25 because it average

4. Rainingmoon

Rainingmoon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Since I know nothing about this world, I would go to a river transform into a aquatic animal of the region. Immediately cast another transformation spell for my goal is to stealthily move to the sea. Go and become an apex predator or something from the deep blue sea that has a long life. Continue to transform until bored. Then maybe transform into a human to see the world one last time.
    2. Maybe, after all I would have only lived as a dragon for 10 years at most, so I don't think I would be attached to it.
    2. Depends if it is enjoyable, there is always the sea. ( cue: little mermaid song)
    3. I'm unsure, perhaps as a monster hunter transform myself into a powerful human since they are OP and I get their characteristics (but I have no idea if it would be useful).
    4. It is enough time, but it depends how they are as people and if I even have enough attachment to such a life.
    5. When there's a will there's a way. If I'm desperate enough, I could either steal or sell my body. The biggest issue is if I would enjoy such a life.
    6. Male less likely to be raped. Age 10 maybe enough to be outside alone hopefully and young enough to gather pity and be able to beg or learn a trade somewhere.

lychee likes this.
  5. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link

Yes. Male. Perhaps?
    No? Yea? I'll leave that decision to future me
    I feel like i shouldnt have started with the final question now. Im working my way up i already answered this like twice
    Its enough time.
    I have no idea. I plan to head to the ocean and transform into a water dragon and go deep then maybe turn into an older version of myself and say i was out on a quest and am finally back sometime later.
    F
    Apprenticeship. Its free labor and skills being taught in expectation of a sucessor
    C

I would start as male since medieval women didnt really have rights. I would look inconspicious so i can blend in, appearing the most common looking. I would choose about age 10 so i can get an apprenticeship in some skill like blacksmithing for OP humans.

6. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a dragon horde of treasure, I'll buy a big parch of land and turn it into a nature reserve.

As for creature, you just pick a form that had a dragonkin (or half dragon) 4 or 5 generations ago. All your abilities would be diluted, but you will still have them.

Lurking likes this.