[Poll] Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Nov 13, 2019.

Tags:
?

Could you assimilate into this island society with only your own gender?

1. I'm male - Yes! I'd love to live in this kind of world!

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. I'm male - Yes, I could fit right in

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I'm male - Yes... but I would secretly disagree

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  4. I'm male - I'm unsure

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. I’m male - No, I would verbally disagree with my own society

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  6. I’m male - No, I would secretly sabotage my own society

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  7. I’m male - No, I would actively fight against my society

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. I’m male - No, I would try to defect to the opposite society (they might imprison/kill me)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. I’m male - No, I would rather die than live in this setting

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  10. I'm female - Yes! I'd love to live in this kind of world!

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  11. I'm female - Yes, I could fit right in

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. I'm female - Yes... but I would secretly disagree

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  13. I'm female - I'm unsure

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  14. I’m female - No, I would verbally disagree with my own society

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  15. I’m female - No, I would secretly sabotage my own society

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  16. I’m female - No, I would actively fight against my society

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. I’m female - No, I would try to defect to the opposite society (they might imprison/kill me)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. I’m female - No, I would rather die than then live in this setting

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. I do not wish to answer

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link
    Oxytocin.

Thats a hormone that gets released when giving birth. It has a natural LSD effect.
    I havent given birth myself, but one of my teachers did and she tried the hospital birth method as well as the no drugs, doula and midwife method.... she said the hospital birth was excessively painful and positively dreadful but she apparebtly had an out of body experience from the natural lsd with the other method.

And even if you decide to go for hospital birth, get a doula. They will be a pregnant womans advocate against the obsetrician deciding its time to go home for lunch and ergo time to give a cesaerian section to a birthing woman who is 'taking too long.'

2. Cascadian Rex

Cascadian Rex Villain with a thousand faces | Lychee's rival

Reading List:
    Link
    :hmm::hmm::hmm:
    how about this, what ever tribe you are in, go to your magic reproduction lake and destroy it.

your tribe now have three options.
    1) victory over other tribe and take over other's lake (unlikely)

2) negotiate sumbit or/and assimilate

3) perish

all three options leads to end of war in a single generation.

3. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    I was born by Cesarian, and my mom swore by it. She thought it was strange anyone would want to give birth any other way.

Also, as I’ve mentioned in a different poll, my body has certain differences that makes me worried that childbirth will be more dangerous than usual (such as: my hips turn more inward than most people’s and aren’t capable of turning outwards as much as the average person can). I think I’d be too concerned that I might have a medical complication not to go to the hospital myself. Maybe I’m paranoid, and I really don’t have anything to worry about. But I’d prefer talking to a doctor about my concerns and getting his or her opinion than speaking to a mid-wife about it...

Thanks for the info, though, even if it isn’t useful to me.

4. susanty.smile

susanty.smile [Insomniac]

Reading List:
    Link

YAAAAASSSSS!!!!!

if i stop the war...will the Holy Lake disappear? since if it would, i will not do a thing

why is your question is not about strategy to stop the war but about participating in the war????
    i will definitely be a soldier and go to war...let's kill those *disgusted face* men

5. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I would take what he's saying with a grain of salt. There's a reason why the death rates of mothers and children have gone down drastically over the years.

6. Stormaggeddon

Stormaggeddon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    actually, it's people in general. i'm a loner by choice. crowds and i don't get along well. not that great around women either but i'll take being around women over men any day. my ass is still a virgin and it will remain so. lol

7. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Did she try the other way? Also sorry about your hips. Could be the rare case where cesarean might actually be needed. Get a doula tho, they will be your advocate who knows whats going on in the office and stay rational while you will just be frightened for you and your baby, as any mother should be. Unfortunately some docs take advantage of this to force an unneeded sea section or add uneccessary drugs to the mother that will make a bigger hospital bill and increase the doctors paycheck.
    Nope you didnt look at the statistics. Deaths of infants/mothers and complications in birth have gone *up* in the usa where 1/3 of childbirths are cesarean.

The usa is, among the developed countries, the one with the highest number of deaths and serious complications in the childbirth department, on both sides. And its going up- in the bad way. Also homebirths were illegal for a time in the usa smh.

Soon theres news in the usa medical community that midwiferies will be implemented attached to hospitals and almost completely replace the cesarean sections except where they are actually needed.

Midwife care and advertisement as well as homebirths are done in uk countries from what I have researched. They also have higher childbirth survival rates too.

8. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes and the research I've seen explicitly links this to the lack of free health-care and limited access to family planning resources, as opposed to "midwifery."

9. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. Midwifes or doulas do prenatal care as part of their work as well, and are fully equipped with supplies and will get a woman to the hospital in the case she needs it.
    Either midwifes or doulas help with family planning as well, cant remember right now.