[Poll] Pick the husband you'd like to marry

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Jan 20, 2020.

Tags:
?

Which magic knight would you try to pick?

1. Albion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Aleister

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. Anton

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. Dante

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. Draci

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  6. Eliar

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Hesale

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Jebel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Nicel

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  10. Phare

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  11. Thamar

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  12. Zarar

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. I would try to convince all of them equally

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  14. I wouldn't try and just accept my execution

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  15. I would try to fight to the death

9 vote(s)
    26.5%
  16. I would kill myself immediately

7 vote(s)
    20.6%
  17. I do not wish to respond

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  1. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy: There hasn't been a proper transmigration poll in a while, and @Moonpearl's yuri wife thread made we want to do a BL version. Consequently, I played around with a few character generators and this was what I got!

The Magical Girl of Impatience and Instant Gratification found you and transmigrated to a BL universe where there are only men. If you were originally female, your gender was flipped.

+ + +

It turns out that you were transmigrated through a summoning ritual held by the Kingdom of Ludugia.

The Kingdom of Ludugia is famous for their incredibly OP powerful magic knights, each of whom gain a loyal shapeshifting familiar when they reach full knighthood. The details of the familiar acquisition ceremony are a closely guarded secret, but apparently it involves a magic contract that only works on summoned Otherworlders.

The magic contract allows the knight to transform their familiar into a bestial form. Knights commonly choose to transform their familiar into mounts (e.g. warhorse, dragon, lion, tiger) that would be useful for warfare. Knights commonly develop a close relationship with their familiar-mounts, and it is not unusual for familiar-mounts to manifest incredible powers if the synergy is particularly good.

In fact, to enhance the synergy, most Knights will in fact marry their mounts when the contract ritual is performed — and they will take their familiar as their first spouse. However, polygamy is practiced in this universe and most knights will often end up marrying multiple partners.

+ + +

You were explained all of this information upon waking up in the Kingdom of Ludugia.

Currently, you are being held in the "Guest Mansion" in the Royal Capital along with all the other Nuffians who were conveniently also summoned because they read this poll. Although it is called a "Guest Mansion", it is actually an extremely fancy magical high security prison that is impossible to escape from. Earthlings have no intrinsic ability for magic and you are just a weak ordinary human with no remarkable powers.

For the next 12 days and nights, 12 knights (they're incredibly OP so don't bother trying to fight them) who recently reached full knighthood will be brought to the "Guest Mansion." Their objective is to find one familiar to contract, marry, and take home at the end of the day.

Each day, the 12 knights will split up and go to a different room. Your job is to choose a room to enter every day. The door locks after you enter, so you must spend a full day with your chosen knight. It is possible that multiple other competitors (Nuffians) could be in the same room as you, and all of you are competing with each other for the favor of the knight.

Will you focus all of your time on one knight? Or will you visit a different knight every day?

If you were not chosen by a knight, you will be promptly executed at the very end.

:blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful: Let the Hunger Games begin? Let the best Nuffian win?

+ + +

Here are the 12 knights:

1. Albion - Male - 19
    This wild magic knight's almond-shaped eyes are the color of obsidian. His neck-length, curly, fine hair is the color of ripe lemons, and is worn in a complex style. Albion has an athletic build. He has hypnotic powers that are activated by rituals. He ended up with quite a bit of money due to his family being given favor by others, and is annoyed by people prone to muttering. Albion is harsh, poor, lovable, and traitorous. He is generally apathetic and driven by a desire to crush people who insult his family background.

2. Aleister - Male - 22

This enthusiastic magic knight has slitted black eyes and very short, straight, luxurious, red hair worn in a bizarre style. He has an over-muscled build. Aleister has ice powers that are focused through a series of rings. A relative's disapproval of Aleister's fascination with reptiles resulted in him becoming secretive with his interests. Aleister is interested in nature, is discreet, and most of all, driven by curiosity and a desire to be the first to achieve something.

3. Anton - Male - 27
    This solemn magic knight's deep-set eyes are the color of rust and his medium-length, straight, luxurious, black hair is worn in a businesslike style. Anton has a broad-shouldered build. He has angel powers that come from a staff. An act of selfishness caused him to lose his best friend in his youth. Anton is diplomatic, placid, and genuine. He is driven by lost love and a desire to emulate the actions of someone he once admired.

4. Dante - Male - 20
    This witty magic knight has slanted gray eyes and waist-length, wavy, fine, brick-red hair worn in a severe style. He has a narrow build. Dante has ice powers that are invoked by a helpful spirit. A cruel prank a friend played on him caused him to develop long-term distrust of others. Dante is self-disciplined and self-confident. He is driven by rejection and a past mistake that caused him to be outcast from his social group.

5. Draci - Male - 17
    This noble magic knight's slitted eyes are the color of rust. His neck-length, straight, luxurious hair is the color of an overcast sky, and is worn in a businesslike style. Draci has a feminine build. He has insect powers that come from helpful spirit companions. He was abused by his father growing up, and he has a strong desire to help others who have been similarly wronged. Sometimes, he is called "over-sensitive." Draci has an old promise that he is trying to keep.

6. Eliar - Male - 20
    This soulful magic knight's slanted eyes are the color of fine jade. His medium-length, straight, silky hair is the color of obsidian, and is worn in a utilitarian style. Eliar has an angular build. He has time powers that are invoked by sheer willpower. He has many friends due to being socially savvy. Eliar is enthusiastic and coordinated. He is driven by an extreme goal to bring about world peace. He will not accept being told "no", and nothing stands in his way.

7. Hesale - Male - 31
    This bouncy magic knight has deep-set black eyes and very short, straight, silky, azure hair worn in an exotic style. He has a boyish build. Hesale has angel powers that are invoked by chants. He has a hobby for studying history, but struggles with it because he is not a particularly talented student. He is insensitive, average-mannered, timid, and callous. Hesale deals with depression and fights a burden of heavy expectations from his family.

8. Jebel - Male - 22
    This cunning magic knight has slanted blue eyes and very long, wavy, luxurious, soot-black hair worn in a complex style. He has an over-muscled build. Jebel has avian powers that come from a helpful supernatural creature. An act of kindness saved his life during his youth. Jebel is overcritical, good-mannered, and relaxed. He is driven by a desire to be successful despite having origins in poverty, and his goal is to find a new perspective on life.

9. Nicel - Male - 25
    This dishonest magic knight's slanted eyes are the color of wild moss and his medium-length, straight, fine, white hair is worn in an artistic style. He has a muscular build. Nicel has light powers that are invoked by rituals. He was fascinated with a forbidden philosopher when growing up. He is rebellious, blunt, and has high standards. He is driven by a wrongful accusation made against him, as well as sadistic tendencies.

10. Phare - Male - 18
    This energetic magic knight's droopy eyes are the color of obsidian. His very long, straight, fine hair is the color of an overcast sky, and is worn in a simple style. Phare has a narrow build. He has love powers that come from a pair of armbands. As a child, he witnessed someone being treated abusively by the justice system, making him slightly distrustful of authority. Phare is mischievous and warm, and he is driven by a "unique" sense of vigilante justice and revenge.

11. Thamar - Male - 24
    This soulful magic knight has slitted blue eyes. His waist-length, wavy, luxurious hair is the color of amethysts, and is worn in a businesslike style. He has a muscular build. Thamar has lightning powers that are activated by songs. He has few friends due to older relatives discouraging him from associating with others due to ideological reasons. Thamar is heavily rational, and he is driven by pride and sense of guilt about an unspeakable secret.

12. Zarar - Male - 23
    This spiritual magic knight has almond-shaped blue eyes. His shoulder-length, straight, thick hair is the color of pine needles, and is worn in a military-style style. Zarar has an elegant build. He has avian powers that come from a torch. As a child, his father was frequently absent, neglecting, and he mostly grew up independently. Zarar is self-pitying, steadfast, and ambitious. He is driven by a need to survive, and his goal is to become strong at any cost.
    Note: This universe has different physics than Earth, so do not assume that Earth-knowledge will be useful here.
    1. Which knight would you focus most of your attention on? Which one do you feel the most affinity with?

2. Would you focus on one or try to visit many? Would you try to focus on one you like, or one who is unpopular and has less competition?

3. How would you convince a knight to choose you? Do you think you can win against other Nuffians?

4. Would you be willing to pursue the BL marriage route to save your life?

5. How do you envision your future in this universe? What is your shapeshifting form?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    imK and Moonpearl like this.
  2. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess it doesn't make sense for me to kill myself immediately, but I definitely wouldn't go along with what they're trying to get me to do. I would wait a bit, ignore all those inferior creatures (I've decided that it's a different species of human, one that is inherently hostile towards me, and therefore an enemy) and find some way to break out. I'd be in a state where I'd have lost everything, have nothing to gain, and nothing to lose, and would therefore act without any fear for my life. I'd use any means I can find to escape, and if that isn't an option I would look to harm this enemy in whatever manner I can discover.

My earth knowledge has nothing to do with physics, but is rather a way of thinking that gives me an advantage in a wide array of situations, thus I don't think I'd be totally unable to cause harm to them. If anyone else wants to join my insurrection, be my guest. We'll die, but it's the hand we've been given...

NamGi, Loni4ever, imK and 5 others like this.
  3. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    :aww::aww::aww: Death before dishonor!

Loni4ever, imK, felidormit and 2 others like this.
  4. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, this is coersive, so I'd rather just be killed. Aim to maim them as much as possible before I go, though.

If I were absolutely forced to pick, I'd go for either Draci or Phare, since they're the most likely to have a sense of empathy for my situation.

If I'm going for Draci, I'll lean on our tenuously shared experiences of abuse and point out that I'm being abused by the system and am likely to be abused by the other candidates, since they sound like dickwads. We have similar temperaments, so I'll try to show him that we have the same core values and will complement each other well.

If it's Phare, well... I'm going to honestly point out how extremely messed up this whole situation is, what a corruption of power it is, and how I don't trust that I'm going to have a good life with just anyone just because the system said so. If he rescues me from it, I'll be extremely grateful and therefore loyal from the get-go.

I don't think you can make a man out of me, though - just a lone trans woman in a BL world.

NamGi, mir, imK and 1 other person like this.
  5. XenoRaku

XenoRaku 「Punished Lolicon」「Ugly Bastard」「Haunted」「NEET」

Reading List:
    Link
    I would kill myself cause no homo

NamGi, Loni4ever, Aisha Ann and 2 others like this.
  6. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like a shitty otome game ngl. I'd rather wait it out in the prison while watching the girls kill each other battle royale style for their husbandos

NamGi and Deleted member 89812 like this.
  7. Kikiji

Kikiji May or may not be here

Reading List:
    Link
    I would keep visiting a different knight until the end, unless I find someone I have an affinity with, and would be agreeable with possibly ending up with (less than .5% chance of finding someone meeting those requirements honestly, especially with the polygamy going on). In that case I'll spend the rest of the days with that specific knight, though only as a companion, not as the pursuer and the pursued. If I'm not chosen, I'm not chosen. At least I've spent the rest of those days in relatively good company.

I have no energy to plot long-term or spend the rest of my life wedded to someone who has other partners. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NamGi, mir, imK and 1 other person like this.
  8. VesperNyan

VesperNyan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry Boys, but unless you are the Mona Lisa hands

YA'LL GOING TO BITES ZA DUSTO

[​IMG]

NamGi and imK like this.
  9. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, getting genderbent into a guy? Sure. I hate the thought of someone sticking their thing into me, but I don't mind sticking it into someone else. So, I'll pick a manly one like Anton and go full seme on him. If he marries some other men later, I don't mind doing them as well. I'm not big on feelings, so I don't care.

imK and lychee like this.
  10. AlieAHey

AlieAHey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if I'm going down, I'm going down with a BANG!

NamGi and imK like this.
  11. Aisha Ann

Aisha Ann I LOVE SELFISH VILLAINESS

Reading List:
    Link
    I would kill myself

NamGi and imK like this.
  12. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    Set fire to the guest mansion, BURN! BURN! BURN! THEM ALL :blob_thor::blob_thor::blob_thor:
    If i survive this, i will make revolt army or become demon lord and destroy this shitty world

Aisha Ann and imK like this.
  13. Melodious Nocturne

Melodious Nocturne [Dance, water, dance!] [My name is Demyx!]

Reading List:
    Link
    *doesn’t see any that seems close enough to KH characters* *isn’t interested...*

NamGi likes this.
  14. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a surprising amount of suicide.

I'm actually genuinely curious if people would actually kill themselves in this situation or if they are just making a gut reaction to the poll.

My personal thoughts are that I would prefer to live, and I would be willing to go through a bit if that was necessary to preserve my life in the short-term. That said -- it doesn't mean that I would "give up" per say, just that sometimes I think a strategic retreat to fight another day makes more sense than a silly "last stand".

My parents were immigrants and one of their values that are really ingrained in me is "adaptability". Sometimes, the environment or the dice roll really sucks, and you do what you go to do to stick it through.

Mhm, this is interesting because my headcannon of this situation doesn't seem to be as horrible as yours.

I think for me, the synergy is the predominant focus for most of the knights. in this society, consequentially it's more of a level partnership/companionship than it looks. Most of the knights are aware of the fact that an abusive relationship would certainly not build "synergy", and they've spent enough time with their senpai's familiars to know what a positive relationship with amazing results is like. Consequently, many of them are genuinely looking to find a person they have a good connection with.

Of course, the culture is different, and many of them are young and inexperienced.

I think they're more aware of the situation than it might look.

Your batch of Otherworlders certainly isn't the first, and I think they're very aware of the various things Otherworlders might try. I don't think they would be particularly surprised if you tried to stab them or various other tricks. There is probably a rich lore of experience that is passed down.

In my headcannon, a lot of them are also more sympathetic than they look too.

From the perspective of the knight, their country has an ancient tradition of getting powerful mounts. In many circumstances, the mounts can be insanely powerful (e.g. dragon) and respected and everyone knows that a strong emotional connection between the knight and mount is the recipe for this formula.

From a young age, squires have seen their seniors interacting with their mounts/familiars, and I think many of them get to see the mounts/familiars as people. There is probably a lot of social intermingling and the squires probably get to hear about the different worlds that the mounts/familiars come from. As a result, many of them have probably heard a lot of different stories about different universes and where each familiar came from. It's actually quite a diverse environment with a lot of different voices.

When it comes to the time that knights reach the coming-of-age where they need to find a bond with their own mount, I think it comes with a lot of complicated and mixed feelings. The squires are probably told by their seniors that a majority of the Otherworlders will hate them or try to kill themselves -- which is a lot to process and take in.

I think many of them will be looking to strike sincere conversation.

But again, it is a long-standing tradition of their country.

For some reason, it doesn't seem like it's going that way XD

arashi-chan12, NamGi and imK like this.
  15. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    Can i get them to loose their guard around me so i ca kill them? Or just ignore them while living the rest of my life as a hermit?
    BTW I only read the title and poll.

imK likes this.
  16. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it is realistic. :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

I think most likely, anything that you can think of has been tried before.

This kingdom has been doing this summoning ritual for centuries, and if 30% of every batch is going to try fighting, there's probably very little that they haven't seen.

You get killed at the end of 12 days unless you get paired with one of the knights.

You might have a better shot of trying something interesting if you can get through this first phase, IMO.

DragonMage18 and imK like this.
  17. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    No brainer. I'll only marry if I can choose Aleister ( >u<)/ *frosty powers* and I'll be his (pet) Ice dragon mount! Though I'm curious how bizarre his hairstyle actually is... *buys a cute hat*

imK and lychee like this.
  18. OceanMagix

OceanMagix Catnapping periodically. Existence is oblivious

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahahahaha
    This seems interesting....
    To be able to shapeshifter... wait who decides how it will look like???
    Hmm.... the profiles......

I think the hardest part would be the marriage, i’m not willing to just randomly tie myself to someone and well, knowing that they’re polygamists.....
    Hmm.... die for my beliefs?
    Although my wish to survive still exist...

Crap, is it too late to pretend I never stumbled across this thread-_-||

mir, imK and lychee like this.
  19. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess I might reconsider if I was able to hold back the urge to fight my way out, consequences be damned, but...
    It's not really a suicide of giving up, for me - it's a suicide of defiance. I resent my freedom being taken away and, if I live at all, I'll be bowing to the whims of whoever did this to me. Killing myself makes a statement and stops me from being made into a commodity.

I also don't see there being a path to happiness in this world for me at all. It's all men, I'm stuck in a body that's probably feeding me constant dysphoria, I'll be forced to suffer through polyamory, and there's no chance of ever seeing anyone I love again... Why bother?

The information you've presented reads to me like a laundry list of bad news, though. There are few to no positive traits, and several of them feel like they're ready to star in the Game of Thrones. I'd be going into that situation expecting to be used, or for some of those badly broken men to snap and become abusers.
    Besides, even if they're trying to be nice to me, I might end up just hating them from the bottom of my heart.

Plus you specified that it was a BL world. We all know BL worlds are full of rape-happy semes who force men they like to submit to them as ukes, spend their lives destroying their self-esteem, and strongly believe that "no" means "keep trying - perseverance wins everything!"

Since nobody feels like nicely explaining all this to us, and we're instead being kept caged like animals with the imminent threat of death, I don't see any reason that I should hold any good feelings towards these men.

mir, Aisha Ann, imK and 1 other person like this.
  20. SilverCrow63

SilverCrow63 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some of them are really high maintenance. 1, 4, 7, 9, 12 are described with bad sounding qualities. Especially 9... what kind of SM relationship would he end up having? ( ° △ °|||)︴

5, 6, reminds me of the Yuusha type and not in a good way. This is completely biased but it feels like they would favor a white lotus type that depends on them. They seem like the type to fall for lies that pander to them, favoring the weaker party.

11 isn't bad but you will struggle with ideological clashes and you will have to be the one to give in.

10, his vigilante tendencies will get him in trouble with the government one day but it could be worth taking that risk.

I would eliminate 8 as well. He seems like he would only accept someone capable of the same things as him and be less tolerant of mistakes. His background would certainly cause those that partner with him some hardship.

I prefer Aleister over Anton. I'm fine with his hobbies, our ages are closer, and it's more difficult disarming a ring than a staff. Yet he does have great ambition. I hope he won't sacrifice too much for his goals.
    Aesthetically, Anton would be better and his quality of genuineness is appealing but he has a big shadow hanging over his past. His lost love would make it difficult for him to accept new love. No one will be as good as the white moonlight in his heart. How can the living compete with a perfect dead image?

My strategy would be to focus on a few without overly negative qualities to see who I can get along with. Then focus on that one person. It's best to be sincere and look for a partner rather than a lover.

Honestly, this feels like one of those shallow speed dating shows where no one ends up satisfied.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    mir, imK, lychee and 1 other person like this.