[Poll] Would there be chaos if your entire class transmigrated to the Stone Age?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Jan 1, 2020.

Tags:
?

How do you think your class will end up dying off?

1. I think my class will survive and create a new civilization

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. I think my class will survive for several generations

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I think my class will survive until old age

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I think my class will die off from disease

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
  5. I think my class will die off from injuries

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  6. I think my class will die off from wild animals

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. I think my class will die off from starvation

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  8. I think my class will die off from thirst

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. I think my class will die off hypothermia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. I think my class will die off from the weather

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. I think my class will die by drowning

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. I think my class will die from burns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. I think my class will die from suffocation

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. I think my class will die from violence

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  15. I think my class will kill each other

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  16. I’m unsure

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  17. I do not wish to respond

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  1. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobuwu::blobuwu::blobuwu:

You are in high school and on a field trip with your class of ~30 students. Someone accidentally touches a mysterious rock and your entire class ends up transmigrated in a setting that appears to be the Stone Age.

The setting looks kind of like this:

[​IMG]

There are no other humans, as far as you can tell. The plant and animal fauna is strange and unfamiliar. Additionally you saw these large feathered reptile creatures as big as dinosaurs.

The most pressing issue at hand is what your group should do. A majority of your class isn’t experienced with outdoors activities. Is there enough food for everyone? Will there be someone who takes leadership? Or will there be fighting?

1. Would you stay with your group of transmigrators? Or would you splinter off and leave?

2. If you stay, could you be a leader for your class? Why or why not?

3. A group of your classmates go looking for food and they come back with fruit. However, it’s not enough for everyone. How do you split up the food?

4. Some people in your class do less work than other people. Instead of looking for food, they play with grass and make bracelets and crush rock into power for face paint. What do you say to them?

5. Some of your classmates are stealing from other classmates. What do you?

6. Suppose that a splinter faction (3/4) that disagrees with your leader’s ways arises, and they all want to leave. Once they go, only 1/4 of your original class will remain with you. Are you okay with this?

7. How do you imagine this will play out? How long do you think your class can survive? Do you think the end will come from internal fighting, external threat, or starvation?

imK and Deleted member 155674 like this.
  2. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Has lychee been reading/watching 7 Seeds? :hmm:
    I think my class will die from all of the above.

arashi-chan12 and Zomula like this.
  3. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So touching a mysterious rock gets everyone transmigrated to the Stone Age. Does that mean touching mysterious irons will get me transported to the Iron Age? :hmm:

felidormit and girisuherman like this.
  4. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    I shall be transported on the ground, suffocate, and then die.

5. Si Kucing

Si Kucing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm i'm not sure...... i'm not sure which of the many options above that would kill us all first.....

Zomula likes this.
  6. Exitiumm

Exitiumm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Soooo, I went to all All-Boys school for my K12 education. So I’ll split the class into 1/2 & 1/2 with our sister school so we ain’t royally screwed.

1. I would definitely stay with my class, I may know some survival skills myself, but they probably also know a lot themselves on the matter and more hands is better.

2. Honestly? I’d say so, at least at the start. I’m a pretty charismatic person irl, at least as to what I’ve been told and also decisive. But ultimately, we’d probably become a democracy within a short time.

3. We’d probably do the rational thing which is rationing out food to those in need at the start. People can take up to 3 weeks to starve to death, starvation begins being a problem after ~5 days. Realistically it shouldn’t be a problem if there’s not many other scavengers and quite a bit of fauna.

4. Really? I’d try to get the group together and chastise them if it got severe, especially as this would be like being sent back to the Paleolithic and Mesolithic era’s at least until we get to farming and suddenly we’re in the Neolithic revolution. But ultimately this relies on how long it’s been since we arrived, if it’s when we just arrived then chastisement and would begin to probably set up a meritocratic system to encourage working. But if we already started farming? Then that’s perfectly fine, the best thing about the Neolithic revolution was the introduction of several forms of artistry beyond simple foraging and hunting.

5. Now we have the problem of a lack of judicial power. *Ironically enough I’m going into Law school, but won’t use any of that knowledge ofc.* I’d probably hold a democratic meeting on a code of laws, citing famous examples that most high schoolers know like, the Code of Hammurabi, and some more modern texts.

6. I assume they’ll begin to disagree with me as the leader, albeit we’ll become a democracy soon. But either way, I’d definitely disagree with them and would start to try and be diplomatic with the opposing side’s followers, if that didn’t work than I’d just start sabotaging their efforts till they started to judge their new government with a eye of skepticism. (It works irl all the time.)

7. Could play out for days or months, maybe even years by that point. And honestly class survival is 70/30, with 70 being survival, because this is such an ancient time our chance of survival is more up in odds than it is in relevant skill, you can be a master forager, leader, settler, farmer, hunter, and still get screwed over by mother nature. If it does come about though, it would definitely be external.

Anyway, very interesting prompt ~ Thank you for letting me think it over @lychee !

Also gonna put out the guess you’ve been reading Chronicles of Primordial Wars?

felidormit, lychee and Lonelycity like this.
  7. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    unlike dr stone, my class don't have a genius , so yes we die first from all of the above

8. Zomula

Zomula Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1) Splinter off. I don't want to be around when the hunger starts getting to them.
    2) HELL NO. Many different reasons, but the main one is I don't want to die.
    3) Those who work eat. Those who don't starve.
    4) see 3
    5) If they are stealing food, kill them. If other objects, banish them on fear of death.
    6) Yep, fewer people to feed. That is also part of why I would want to split off early.
    7) It would depend on the people that I was transported with. If the people have survival skills then we could end up in a good situation. If they can't survive in the wild then it will quickly devolve into cannibalism and barbarism. Even if we have the ability to survive unless we implement rules and enforce them strictly and have a set leader things will still devolve into barbarism. Honestly, with how much there is against forming a civilization I'm half surprised that humans ever formed one in the first place

9. jbturkle

jbturkle Fruit

Reading List:
    Link
    My class would probably die from an overload of stupidity, me included. We'll just deny reality. But more seriously:

1) Stay. There is safety in numbers, especially in a foreign, potentially hostile environment. Besides, I don't have all of the skills necessary to survive on my own in the wild.

2) Unlikely I would. Besides not wanting to be responsible for the welfare of others when I can barely manage to take care of myself, I much rather would prefer to have the freedom to think and act on my own initiative as well. That's far easier without people constantly watching me and looking for leadership.

3) Ration. With this, we now know that there is edible food and what to look for. Using our numbers, comb through the wild systematically with the fruit as reference to find more. We'll need as many people as we can get for that, and starving them is not going ot get us any support.

4) Threaten to withhold supplies. Those who expend no energy on behalf of the group will face punishment. First step is to reduce rations, then increasingly more severe actions must be taken until they give in. Besides, we can likely drain their support by riling up those who actually work. They'd be supportive of not giving any supplies, so it makes it easier to pressure the lazy people into giving in.

5) Labor. Besides reduced supplies, good, hard labor (with a healthy dose of threats) should be efficient. Treat them like is usually done with criminals in the past. Use them for work.

6) NO. Nopenopenopenopenope. Nothing good can come of this, and it only weakens both groups. In addition, any internal conflicts should hopefully be addressed before a split occurs. We don't want a Lord of the Flies situation here, do we?

7) I'm assuming this is with typical teenagers. In that case, life's gonna be real hard. However, it's likely that we'd be able to establish stability so long as we avoid any large, external threats. However, the greatest threats come from the inside. Modern teenagers - or any age group, really - are not the same as people in the past. It's not the same situation either. In ancient times, it was possible for groups of people with similar thoughts and goals to come together and unite. However, we lack the numbers to form separate societies of like-minded people. There's no way to effectively unite under a single banner. Internal strife is going to happen regardless of what we want. Factoring the values and more self-centered attitudes of today's people, conflict is inevitable and the group is doomed. We wouldn't be able to survive a fracture.

lychee likes this.
  10. girisuherman

girisuherman ∆ Hiki Bear ∆

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Would you stay with your group of transmigrators? Or would you splinter off and leave?
    Well I will pick some people and leave group because some of them is bully or sometime

Absolutely not because after few week we back at strength is Justice and it's sucide if I stay

3. A group of your classmates go looking for food and they come back with fruit. However, it’s not enough for everyone. How do you split up the food?

Well find one that Hungry and Hunter group will need it too

4. Some people in your class do less work than other people. Instead of looking for food, they play with grass and make bracelets and crush rock into power for face paint. What do you say to them?

Make a weapon or sometime useful, or just play with tree

Ask why if reason ridiculous kick them

6. Suppose that a splinter faction (3/4) that disagrees with your leader’s ways arises, and they all want to leave. Once they go, only 1/4 of your original class will remain with you. Are you okay with this?

Oh that's fine, less mouth to fees
    7. How do you imagine this will play out? How long do you think your class can survive? Do you think the end will come from internal fighting, external threat, or starvation?

First one I will do is make shelters and find water after that I find food source then start make an weapon and restart civilization, well plan aside... Probably my camp will end by internal fight...

11. girisuherman

girisuherman ∆ Hiki Bear ∆

Reading List:
    Link
    Amazing, let's touch sci-fi prop and go to future

otaku31 likes this.
  12. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    @lychee did you just begin reading Chronicles of Primordial Wars?
    the plot for this poll is the same just that the MC was transmigrated into a tribe in the stone age.
    It's just that the tribe is able to cultivate thanks to the tribal totem.

13. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read anything!

I'm on vacation in Arizona and I've been doing a lot of hiking -- so honestly random things pop in my head during that time!

DragonMage18 likes this.
  14. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh, they have some spectacular nature there (sadly we mostly just sat in the car driving through exept for Grand Canyon when i was there). Hope you get to have a great vacation and a happy new year.

lychee likes this.
  15. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I will probably leave :hmm:

A lone wolf doesn't lead and only survives, it is highly unlikely that I will stay :hmm:
    I will go look for my own food :blobhero:

I don't care, I left the group :blobsweat_2:

I am away from them and I am not their leader, someone else will deal with them :blob_coffee:

I will probably be somewhere away from them and won't know this ever happened, if they think they can survive on their own so let them be, why should I care how they want to live their lives, if anything, it was only a matter of time seeing the situation (stone age, away from home, probably alot of them worrying about their love lives and what ever else, there will definitely lots of problems and fall outs) :blobsweat_2:

Well, I think that all of the mentioned endings will happen, you are putting a group of people from the modern world into a world of stone age... if anything they are going to have lots of 'fun', probably one or two might survive :blobowoevil_horns:
    Me on the other hand, I think I will try to enjoy my time till my end comes :blobamused:

16. arashi-chan12

arashi-chan12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Think about leaving, but stay in the end because I'm a huge coward. Safety in numbers :3

Definitely not, unless the need was THAT desperate. I am a support type, so I like working in the background and taking orders. Not so keen on the heaviness of the responsibility of 30 lives in my hands. But I would prefer to help (not serve) a capable and qualified leader.

I find it a little strange they're expected to share the food in the first place... The food is to be divvied up as the finders decide, they're the ones who ventured out into the unknown, risked their lives and worked hard to come back with their prize. They could've not come back at all, and their newfound knowledge makes them very valuable to the group. I wouldn't make them share the fruit, but ask to share their knowledge. If not the exact location they found it (should they be stingy), what kind of plant it looked like, what kind of are said plant grows in, which fruits are edible, what dangers to look out for etc.

No no no, that is VERY valuable!! Playing with grass and making face paint = camouflage!! We can use it in our clothes for hiding and hunting, and use it on our homes/hidey holes so it's harder for predators etc to find us! Plus we can fashion a crude sort of fabric and make life a little more comfy with woven hay mattresses or rope etc. Don't underestimate the utility of artists. If they are bored, they can get to work on crafting or become our first inventors. Work on problem solving with their brains and imagination rather than their hands, be our think tank. Ofc they can't always be doing nothing so they can help with menial labor, like laundry etc.

Humm, why am I dealing with this in the first place I'm not the leader lol

But if I had to choose, I'd punish them if I had the power to. Due to lack of manpower I'd be unable to punish them too harshly and letting them sit in a jail cell is too inefficient, so I'd get them to work on fields or something similar. Whether they listen to me or not depends on what leverage I hold over them tho... Don't want to threaten them with death or excommunication though.

Depends on the 1/4 that is left with me lol. If they are lazy slackers or mean bullies then no I'm not ok. I would hand over my authority and accept the new management lol

But seriously tho, I think I'd try to be diplomatic enough to try and keep everyone as satisfied as possible. If I don't think I can do something, I'd ask for help and try to delegate jobs as much as possible so everyone is a little useful, probably rotating jobs (if they should wish) so everyone can learn a bit of everything in the case that someone gets out of commission and we need to replace them.

No, I think we'd likely be wiped out by any illness. We are high school students, ain't no one knows diddly squat about medicine. If an epidemic spread out, we are dead. Our only choice is to quarantine the sick but that's just leaving people to die, and we are unable to see bacteria and such so we could be infected and not even know it. One sneeze could kill us all. :blob_coughblood:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020