[Poll] Would you allow yourself to be productively mind controlled?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Aug 7, 2020.

Tags:
?

Would you agree to being productively mind controlled? If yes, for how long?

1. I would refuse

22 vote(s)
    41.5%
  2. I would agree, and try it out for a couple minutes

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  3. I would agree, and try it out for a couple hours

3 vote(s)
    5.7%
  4. I would agree, and try it out for a couple days

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. I would agree, and try it out for a couple weeks

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  6. I would agree to it for 1-2 months

3 vote(s)
    5.7%
  7. I would agree to it for 3-5 months

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  8. I would agree to it for 6-11 months

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  9. I would agree to it for 1-2 years

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  10. I would agree to it for 3-5 years

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  11. I would agree to it for 6-10 years

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  12. I would agree to it for 11-25 years

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  13. I would agree to it for 25+ years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. I would agree to it for the rest of my life

10 vote(s)
    18.9%
  15. I'm unsure

3 vote(s)
    5.7%
  16. I do not wish to respond

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IrregularPerson

IrregularPerson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Would you agree to being productively mind controlled? If yes, for how many days?
    if number 4 wasn't there, perhaps. I do like being productive and if it wasn't for my insecurities, I assume this solution won't fix it, I'll be making myself be productive because I now have the motivation, but I would be seriously stressing out. sometimes I think it would be for the better "to do something" but I'd rather not be in a perpetual state of stress, including the new endeavors that the fruit might have. I could do with a qualitative change to my life, this doesn't guarantee success, but being a rice weevil is fine by me.
    it's perpetual state of stress vs a perpetual state of guilt (Yuuutsu-kun to Succubus-san, manga with the vibes I'm about)
    2. Would you feel better about this situation if the fruit did not disclose that she might "influence" the direction of your life? What if she disclosed her secret agenda?
    totally. if she didn't say anything, I might just think I was being narcissistic and trying for bigger heights. finding a purpose is excellent, I wouldn't like it to change my hobbies BUT without the influence, I'd think it was a natural part of life
    3. Would you ever take a medication that caused you to focus better? What if it had side effects? (i.e. making strawberries taste not as good, and instead pineapples taste better)
    (I read this question wrong. I took the example for something for the first question) AND I assume your talking about ADHD medicine, if it was something trivial as the example, sure. and I already don't like strawberries in favor of pineapples (is this your own experience, happy to have something in common) ANYWAYS. if it was the typical, being sluggish, having lesser immunity or proneness to skin irritation, then no. if it was as whimsical as the example, then sure, it would change a part of my life that's pretty trivial
    4. Suppose you got in a car crash, and had a head injury that required surgery (a chunk of your brain was removed) so now you spontaneously don't like anime anymore for some weird reason. Are you still the same person? (note: you still feel like the same person and your memories are intact)
    good enough. if I stopped liking stories altogether, I think I lose a part of my identity. I wouldn't like that and ask to stop. I would blame the fruit if it was an option in reality. if were talking about the degree of how much I like it, I'd say I'm changing as a person. so I would be fine if the conditional was me liking it less. OR if its specifically anime, which is the entire cartoon industry, then... well as long as I have my books and movies, I think I would be fine.
    #4 isn't specific enough for me to say Y/N confidently or more likely Y/N

2. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link
    1. no, i dont exist to be productive take your workaholic ass elsewhere

2. not interested in first place and no comment. welcome back lychee

3. used to but no more. im me. so what if my mind is a bundle of chaos that goes ooh squirrel and i chase a shiny thing im me and its worth being me, as opposed to altering me to suit other peoples sensibilities. done with that dumpster fire.

4. i used to like anime and now i dont. im me. so what. tastes change naturally. and sometimes due to events... i dont see the point of the question

3. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    hel i can barely make good decisions without being self sabotaging at times, take over me and make my life better

4. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    1) I would for 6 months. Mainly because my financial situation rn is not the best and I could really use a push forward, but I wouldn't want to keep being pushed forward by an external factor forever.

2) I would feel more doubtful actually. I like knowing the catch.

3) Nope. I hate meds... >.>

4) I am the same person! I'm still me of course! \(^^)/

Lurking likes this.
  5. Great

Great Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Would you agree to being productively mind controlled? If yes, for how many days?
    Yes. Maybe a few days or weeks.

2. Would you feel better about this situation if the fruit did not disclose that she might "influence" the direction of your life? What if she disclosed her secret agenda?
    Depends on what is her secret agenda?

3. Would you ever take a medication that caused you to focus better? What if it had side effects? (i.e. making strawberries taste not as good, and instead pineapples taste better)
    Nope. I don't like medication.

4. Suppose you got in a car crash, and had a head injury that required surgery (a chunk of your brain was removed) so now you spontaneously don't like anime anymore for some weird reason. Are you still the same person? (note: you still feel like the same person and your memories are intact)
    Of course I'm still the same person. Just, with, different, hobby, and..... BRAIN!!!!

6. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Yes and forever if need be if i have concrete evidence that i do in fact much more efficient than before. But i would seek ways to gain the benefit and not their downside during the entire run. In fact that would be my main priority if it in fact were good for me.

2. I would definitely rather know whatever agenda there is so i can judge whether it goes together with my life or not. If their agenda is ultimately harmful to me or anyone close to me then no thank you. I can manage on my own just fine.

3. Yes if it's side effects is minor and trivial like that. Yes i would too even if it shorten my lifespan under special circumstances.

4. No you weren't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.