[Poll] Would you become a house-wife/husband?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Nov 17, 2017.

Tags:
?

Would you marry for the money and become a house-wife/husband?

1. I'm male, and yes I would marry for the money

30 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. I'm male, and no I wouldn't marry for the money

35 vote(s)
    43.2%
  3. I'm female, and yes I would marry for the money

6 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. I'm female, and no I wouldn't marry for the money

10 vote(s)
    12.3%
  1. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    @lychee presents the daily useless poll of the day! :blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt:

Imagine that you are age 22, a senior in university. You have no work experience, and you have never done any kind of internship. Fortunately, your significant other is rich (albeit slightly haughty), and insists that you must get married with him/her this year and move overseas, or else you're breaking up.

The possible future fiance(e) is set to inherit a very large corporation overseas. S/he is smarter than you, wealthier than you, more attractive than you, and is a billionaire. S/he will be very busy at work, and on most days will not get home until 9pm at night. Therefore, the expectation is that you will be a stay-at-home spouse, taking care of kids, doing housework, cleaning, getting involved with the PTO for the kids, etc. Your spouse does not want you to find a job (not that you could, either, since you will have just moved overseas). In addition, you won't have any control over the finances in your family. If you want to buy something, either your spouse must give you pocket money, gift the item to you, or purchase it together with you.

In addition, because your future fiance(e)'s family does not trust you, you will sign a legal document stating that if you get divorced, you will get absolutely nothing. No money, no house, etc. If you do happen to get divorced, because you have no work experience and gave up on pursuing a career in order to get married, it might be quite difficult to get back into the work force.

Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, you're not 100% positive you love this women/man.

Would you marry for the money?

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  2. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    It feel like a butler rather than house-husbando

Fulademonen, Anon2.0, Wobbly and 9 others like this.
  3. Noche

Noche New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope. Why? Marriage is not worth it if its for money. The only reason I would marry would if I was madly in love.

4. OriginalChaser

OriginalChaser Dying as a Human

Reading List:
    Link
    Why not? granted that is a rare situation, but if it works it works.

5. DreadLord

DreadLord Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe if I still have free time for myself to play games, read novels, exercise, learn new things and go to new places.

MiraLegion likes this.
  6. jimmy1989

jimmy1989 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey kids hurry up and grow so we can have a squad to raid play with. Lmao yes I'll marry for money and yes I'll teach my kids how to play not like scrubs online

7. jimmy1989

jimmy1989 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Carer / maid remember rich?

8. Haeru

Haeru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That would be a lot of stress imo

Mahou-nii-sama likes this.
  9. Sought

Sought Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hell no. You mispelled slave. I dont see the point of marrying one person for their money if you cant use or access any of it.

10. SquirFail

SquirFail The One Who Forgets, Dreamer, Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    there is no free time if you are a house husband (assuming you are male)

11. NevaGonnaCatchMe

NevaGonnaCatchMe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You say the girlfriend is more attractive than me, but by how much? I mean, purely hypothetical here, I'm butt ugly, so if shes only slightly more attractive... see where I'm going. These are the kinda hard hitting details necessary before I can make an informed decision.

Haeru, Ddraig and AMissingLinguist like this.
  12. aliyothman83

aliyothman83 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just hoping that it will be in the US so that I'd get half of everything after divorce

13. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    I would call it a difficult choice if I was uneducated, but I am educated in this problem. I went to college and got a degree. Even without experience, I am more skilled than most high schoolers whom have graduated. I'd say I have a pretty good chance of being hired for more than minimum pay, and then I can work up the ladder.

14. Mahou-nii-sama

Mahou-nii-sama Ultimate Cannon Fodder

Reading List:
    Link
    Wtf is with that condition? It's like OP's basically saying you shouldn't get married for money. Lol

No matter how much money gets thrown in my face, I value my freedom so much that I'd rather die than live without it.

Now, if the conditions were favorable enough such that I'm not restricted in any way, am respected or if lucky enough loved by my spouse, and I'd have no need to work, well I'd become a stay at home partner and blow money left and right without a doubt.

MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN likes this.
  15. Shem

Shem ┃ᐕ) ⁾⁾「Lv 69 BL Hunter」☆ Vrelty's Seme ♤♡ ꪋς꧖ ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    I would marry for money and be a housewife tho I won't do households chores and cooking `-`

16. arrogantyoungmaster

arrogantyoungmaster 20 Nuf = 1 face slap to make your day better

Reading List:
    Link
    i would marry her for tha booty who cares about money :blobnosebleed:

17. MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN

MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN Planet sized warrior Tony without wisdom teeth

Reading List:
    Link
    It smells of a trap are they allowed to beat their wife there?
    Is it a clan?
    If you agree leave behind all the evidence you can in case you are enslaved.
    Maybe they/he/she want a son and they don't want to allow the empire they made to be split up.
    It sounds like you'll become a prisoner.
    I'm spending too much time on your poll.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  18. Deleted member 37987

Deleted member 37987 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh god I would be so worried that I would totally miss the occasion to marry for money.

Additionally this has no legal basis, although it's close to a marriage contract but a poor spouse and a rich one? Trust me you'll get your share of money.

19. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there unlimited internet access?

Considering there's no mention of this in the rules, I'm only 10% joking here. I mean, 90% of us would shrivel up and die if we didn't have access to the internet for more than a week...

...and yes, you can assume that with internet access you can break some of the above rules. I.e. obtain a work-at-home job for when the spouse is away. Manage a personal banking account with funds earned from that work-at-home job. Buy from Ama*on. etc.

20. Tramsloof

Tramsloof Quarter Erudite

Reading List:
    Link
    I said no at the very moment where I was threatened of moving overseas or else it's break up.

You know, I love overseas. And I love relaxing at home.

But let me tell you this, love or no love, if I am forced to do something especially with an employed threat, that's the end of it. And money means shit to me when it's other people's belonging. Because in reality I have the confidence to earn it as much as I like.

I don't ask for favours easily, the only exception being when I ask people who owe me. I don't even remember the last time I asked money from my own parents.

Plus haughty? Hello? That role is already occupied by a far better suited person.

And hey, if my significant other is smarter than me, more attractive than me and has billion bucks with her, why is she after me now? Not so smart if you ask me. And if she ever loved me, she wouldn't be trying to pull this off. So she's dumb, I don't consider dumb people to be my prospective partner.

Lastly and most importantly, everyone has a temperament a nature, and I have the one, well let's just say that our marriage will end with a death, and it won't be mine.

Anon2.0, AliceShiki and Ai chan like this.