[Poll] Would you choose the pacifist or violent path?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Nov 18, 2019.

Tags:
?

Which route would you go for?

1. ALL “hate” route - Kill them all!

7 vote(s)
    12.1%
  2. Mostly “hate” route

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  3. Leaning “hate” route

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  4. Perfectly neutral route

7 vote(s)
    12.1%
  5. Leaning “love” route

4 vote(s)
    6.9%
  6. Mostly “love” route

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  7. ALL “love” route - I love all my enemies!

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  8. I would die before encountering any Adversaries

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  9. I wouldn’t think about the system and just do whatever

28 vote(s)
    48.3%
  10. I’m unsure

4 vote(s)
    6.9%
  11. I do not wish to answer

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    :bloblove::bloblove::bloblove: Show me what you got, NUF!

After you died, the first person that you met in the Astral Realm was the Celestial of Good and Evil.

The Celestial tells you that you are just beginning your journey through multiple lifetimes of reincarnations, and her world is the next place that you will be going to.

She tells you that your next lifetime is a test, however it is a test with no right or wrong answers. If anything, every choice you make is a correct answer, and it is impossible to fail the test. The results of your test will determine what kind of world your next next life (after this upcoming one) will be.

The structure of the test is relatively straightforward.

In your upcoming life, you are fated to encounter numerous Adversaries. An Adversary is a specific individual who you will be in great conflict with. The Adversary will deeply hurt you in some way, potentially in some kind of unforgivable fashion. The problem will not go away unless you confront it, and your actions are critical for resolving the situation.

There are three paths you can take with each Adversary:

• Antagonism: Resolve the conflict with a method that causes the Adversary to hate you
    • Neutrality: Resolve the conflict with a method that causes the Adversary to feel neutral about you
    • Reconciliation: Resolve the conflict with a method that causes the Adversary to like you

Each option does not have the same difficulty (some routes may be harder than others), but the Celestial assures you that each route will be possible with each Adversary. You could potentially die at any point, though.

Upon the death of each Adversary, the Celestial will ask them if there is anybody they would like to Curse or Bless. If you are mentioned as somebody they would like to “curse”, it is marked as the “antagonist route” on your report card. If you are mentioned as somebody they would like to “bless”, it is marked as the “reconciliation route” on your report card. If you are not mentioned at all, then it is marked as the “neutral route” on your report card.

When you complete this next life, the test is over, and the Celestial will review your report card.

Depending on the results of your report card, the Celestial will choose the next world that you will be reincarnated to. The Celestial emphasizes that no subsequent world is better or worse than another — they are merely different from each other.

The Celestial tells you there are four “special” outcomes — if you are able to achieve them — there will be unspecified “special” considerations for your next life.

• Achievement A - ALL Adversaries HATE you
    • Achievement B - ALL Adversaries feel NEUTRAL about you
    • Achievement C - ALL Adversaries LIKE you
    • Achievement D - You died before encountering any Adversaries

A few details about your upcoming life:

• There are both demons and humans in the world
    • Your Adversaries could be anybody, and you won’t know who they are
    • You get one cheat: Superhuman physical strength (10X stronger than average)
    • Your parents will be average regular human parents
    • Your skills and abilities and appearance are otherwise average
    • There is magic and deities and monsters in this world

1. Which route would you attempt to go for?

2. How do you prefer to resolve your conflicts with people?

3. If everyone in this world is going through the same “test” you are, what do you imagine this world would be like? What would your life be like?

4. Thoughts on pacificism vs. violence?

Loni4ever, Arash1 and kkgoh like this.
  2. shadowreader

shadowreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just use the super human strength to kill them and boom they can’t hate you because they are dead

Nightow1 likes this.
  3. Innieminnie

Innieminnie Secret Parrot, Hidden Dodo

Reading List:
    Link
    None, I would treat it as a new chance at life and let fate bring me where it may.

I prefer not to have conflicts in the first place...I'll probably cry and apologise. If they did something unforgivable? I would try to be the better person and live my life happily for my own sake. I'm not very good at holding grudges. They tend not to last past 5 minutes. Literally. I forgive way too easily. If they were toxic people, I'd avoid them and be blunt about not wanting to see/talk to them, with maybe getting the authorities involved if it continues. That said, it's sad to say I'd probably be brainwashed pretty easily by a yandere/stalker. It's scary to think about...:sweating_profusely:

3. If everyone in this world is going through the same “test” you are, what do you imagine this world would be like? What would your life be like?
    Everyone is going to be walking on eggshells and either be super nice, or super antagonistic...with a few people like me in the middle just trying to live their lives.

I'm a pacifist because I can't stand the thought of hurting people, or others hurting others. If it happens where I can't see it, I'm pretty apathetic, but someone hurting someone else in front of me? Or me accidentally hurting someone? It's very traumatising and/or makes me feel scared and very guilty.

lychee likes this.
  4. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    They’re asked about what they think about you after they die.

Usually, if you kill someone, they’re more likely to hate you.

Innieminnie likes this.
  5. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on the situation and the problem :hmm:

If possible, peacefully, otherwise... :blob_thor:

The same? after all, life is a test and death comes when the test's time is up, point is, we will all die sooner or later, therefore, it doesn't matter :blobawkward:

If possible, of course pacifism, because, there are people who would regard your pacifism as weakness, alas, violence is in order sometimes... sometimes :blobowoevil_horns:

Arash1 and Innieminnie like this.
  7. girisuherman

girisuherman ∆ Hiki Bear ∆

Reading List:
    Link
    What level of technologi there and what's era?

8. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    I aim for the neutral route
    I prefer there not to be a conflict, but I will respond in kind if attacked.
    A world were people are either walking on eggshells or stomping around like they just dont care.
    Both are extreme ends of the same stick. I've always felt those that that purely ascribe to either extreme are damaged mentally.

Diametric, Arash1 and Innieminnie like this.
  9. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link

Obviously neutral or reconciliation, not because I hate violence, purely based on how it's much more profitable.

normal way, try fixing it like a gentleman, doesn't work, then maybe... maybe hurt them a little (> ->).

Nothing much changes unless they are all aware of the test like me.

Then it's just a mmorpg, like a ultra Ver of log horizon.

People will start being more calculative with their actions, ones who understood the conditions by the celestial and can work past them will be higher up the ladder.

violence is like a chain reaction, once it starts, there's practically no end.

though we consider ourselves has compassionate humans, it's really just the law and order keeping us in check.

every time you are pissed of at someone, instinctively you think about repercussions that could happen if you went too far.

Maybe you really aren't a bad guy, but circumstances can make you desperate.

Pacifism- hmm.. the thin line between hypocrisy and peace.

The former happens everyday, like " fighting in the name of peace!!"

" We are sending soldiers to "aid" ".

Etc..

Blah thats just my rant.

But really in pacifism vs violence, there can't be no clear option.

and they aren't even the opposites, you can for real fight for bringing peace.

or sometimes being pacifistic can be cruel, if it harms one party more than the other.

in the end, if gets what you want than its fine.

Diametric likes this.
  10. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd just like to note here that Achievement D should be impossible.

That you yourself are your greatest enemy in your life. How you deal with yourself is the most important and influential thing to who you become and how you live. Do you live fulfilled, or live to regret.

So you lose the opportunity for Achievement D before you even begin.

11. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The best and most popular poll answer so far seems to be "I wouldn’t think about the system and just do whatever".
    Which makes sense.

The Adversary is out to get you, I assume for no reason at all, just because they are baddies. To use a religious term for simplicity, they incur karmic debt for their misdeeds. And the debt (not between the Adversary and you, but between Adversary and karma) needs to be paid. A certain guy dressed in white robes with a halo would call it "sins" :whistle:

Been reading a novel "The Monk that wanted to Renounce Asceticism", helped provide a quick review of several Buddhist/Taoist philosophies. Whether that karmic debt is resolved via you (the victim of the Adversary) or someone else doesn't matter, but if you can resolve it, you shouldn't turn a blind eye to it. e.g. if Adversary was a rich noble that oppressed you and your friends en-masse, you should still kick his ass if you can.

Just because the Adversaries are given the power to retaliate against you (via the Report Card) shouldn't be a factor at all. I'm assuming your interaction with the Adversaries are lifelong ones, and the transgressions can vary in scale. Your response should vary accordingly as well, and if they deserve to be punished then they should. Doesn't always have to be eye-for-an-eye.

At the end of the day, if your actions are just, you shouldn't be afraid to make enemies out of fear of retaliation.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  12. girisuherman

Reading List:
    Link
    Bystander route? I more prefer as netural 3rd party but if someone I can't deal probably. I temporary join one side

Try not make conflict as possible... But I think this going unavoidable, so I try make so many WMD until no one try mess with me

Pubg free for all

Pacificism always try delay something unavoidable and sometimes until the problem itself unsolvable, in fact on game I play, pacificis empire always dead on late game crushed under most empire even they economy score most highest on early game

Violence is something that take action first using fist at sign of problem without thinking what happen next. My favorite quote for this personality is ' if your problem not gone that mean you don't use enough firepower'

13. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    And you are back! I hate the two extremes, so picking whatever I want?
    Peacefully, though often that is just me being a coward and back off when I don't see the profit.
    Aren't we already living in it?
    Extremism is bad.

girisuherman likes this.
  14. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Magic-tech-fantasy. It's a different world from Earth, and their technology superficially appears to be a blur between Modern Earth and Medieval Earth -- but this is because "magic" is their technology. They are still quite sophisticated and they're certainly not primitive.

The "adversaries" are predetermined in your fate by the Celestial

Hmm, I didn't really think of it that way.

I had conceptualized it more as an adversary through "fate".

Mix the right two people together under the right circumstances and at the right time, then they're "adversaries" -- essentially.

The adversary isn't guaranteed to be a "bad person" -- although you might hate them a lot for whatever reason.

kkgoh likes this.
  15. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mkay .... so more like a "rival"? Stealing your gf, that kinda thing?
    Even better then. Do whatever you want. Never understood why people were so insistent on being liked by everybody.
    It's an old show, "Everybody Loves Raymond", but covers this topic quite well. Comes down to a whole lot of insecurities, passive aggressiveness and conflict avoidance.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  16. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was a pacifist until people pissed me off. Now I just wish for a few nukes.

Easy solve. Kill em en mass and randomly so they won't even know who to complain about!
    *Nuke blows up over your head*
    "Who the F tossed that??!!" lol.

17. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    I would go pacifist murderer route and assassinate them

18. ArashiKitsune

ArashiKitsune Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1&2) It would really depend on what they take away from me. My things that I don't have a real emotional attachment? I'll probably go for the pacifist route. If they touch my family, the people I care about? I'll make them regret getting born in this world. If they go out of their way just to make me miserable? I'll just let them know why they really push me too much.

3)isn't that what life already is?
    4) there's a quote I really love, if you wish for peace prepare for war and it reflects my thoughts on it

19. girisuherman

Reading List:
    Link
    Ghandi say you man of culture, more nuke more merry

Nightow1 likes this.
  20. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link