[Poll] Would you choose the pacifist or violent path?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Nov 18, 2019.

Tags:
?

Which route would you go for?

1. ALL “hate” route - Kill them all!

7 vote(s)
    12.1%
  2. Mostly “hate” route

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  3. Leaning “hate” route

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  4. Perfectly neutral route

7 vote(s)
    12.1%
  5. Leaning “love” route

4 vote(s)
    6.9%
  6. Mostly “love” route

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  7. ALL “love” route - I love all my enemies!

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  8. I would die before encountering any Adversaries

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  9. I wouldn’t think about the system and just do whatever

28 vote(s)
    48.3%
  10. I’m unsure

4 vote(s)
    6.9%
  11. I do not wish to answer

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    1) This is supposed to be a test which determines what happens in your next life.

My answer to the test is to live life freely without thinking about the test. This way, the next life that I am put into will likely suit my personality.

The only better thing than this would be to go for the special routes, but I think these are impractical to actually try and achieve except the route of never meeting any adversaries (I might consider suicide as a child just to get this route as a gamble).

I think that if I had to go for any of the others I would go for neutral route, since it's closest to my personality.

Hate route would be a life of fear of people getting revenge, attempting Like route is just asking for my lack of social skills to show their face.

2) I prefer to use reason to talk things out. If I realise I'm wrong I'll probably apologise profusely.

If they're in the wrong and won't realise/admit it and the conflict had no lasting effects on me, I'll probably just cut off contact with that person.

Best case scenario (apart from them seeing sense and apologising) is that we just agree to disagree and carry on our relationship as normal. I will hold no grudges against people in this case; I realise that a lot of people are "bad" at heart, but as long as we can have a nice conversation about the similarities between garou and saitama's growth then I don't care.

3) I'd like to think that there's a neutral sub-society who've all pledged to curse and bless some arbitrary figure at the end of their life and refuse contact with any outsiders in order to ensure the highest chances of achieving the neutral route.

4) pacifism is almost always better in day to day life imo. The only exceptions are law enforcement and defence against other violent people.

Violence outside of those two cases is just you venting your anger onto another person, it does nothing to actually resolve the situation.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    lychee likes this.
  2. arashi-chan12

arashi-chan12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Which route would you attempt to go for?
    Ahh, I can see already I will die before meeting anyone lol. But if I had to choose, probably neutral? Well, it really depends on what they do to me, but even then I am too cowardly to do anything back, nor do I want to wag my tail at them so they'd like me (especially after they've done me wrong).

2. How do you prefer to resolve your conflicts with people?
    Avoidance lol.

Tho I think it's true that butting heads with someone and reconciling with them will make for stronger bonds, isn't it even better if the bond was never broken in the first place?

3. If everyone in this world is going through the same “test” you are, what do you imagine this world would be like? What would your life be like?
    Idk how to answer this but just thinking of all those super powered people wreaking havoc on the world, I feel sorry for that celestial lol

4. Thoughts on pacificism vs. violence?
    Pacifism > violence
    Violence is a road that's easy to turn to, and people think it will resolve their conflicts but it doesn't solve everything. Once people turn to violence they have less resistance choosing it again the next time a problem comes up, and in the process of their violence they are also creating more victims that may also turn to violence for their answers.

Pacifism, while it doesn't solve many things, it does force people to try and think of other solutions (if they have the will to). Pacifism does not always have to equal being passive. Rather than try to kill everything on sight, it opens up other possibilities and opportunities with possible advantages for yourself. With violence there's only one outcome: kill kill kill.

As someone who DMs DnD games for my brothers from time to time, I really wish they were less murder hobo-ish lol

lychee likes this.
  3. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    Right now I'm going a murder hobo build in The Outer Worlds, so I'm sticking to a similar mindset for this poll. (I also answered the poll. Woohoo!)

Stealthy melee build. (Yay, backstabs and criticals!)
    Diplomacy. (With backstabs and criticals!)
    It sounds like a game. (With more backstabs and criticals!)
    True pacifism accomplishes nothing. True violence accomplishes nothing. Try taking the middle road. With :blob_coughblood::blobcat_knife: and :blob_coughblood::blobhero:

lychee likes this.
  4. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    I've never heard of the term murder hobo!

Are they fun characters to play? :hmm:

5. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    If Undertale taught me anything, it is that I will always go the pacifist route if given the opportunity.

I mean, I'm naturally a pacifist, and I play video games where I'll take somewhat evil routes. But if I ever feel like the consequences are real, I'd never be able to actively hurt people in such a way.

So it's either the neutral/pacifist route for me.

6. AMissingLinguist

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on how much you enjoy dealing massive amounts of damage and slaughtering enemies. Being a murder hobo involves lots of death and destruction.

As for me, I chose a murder hobo playthrough because I would like to see if there are any major consequences to being chaotic evil. (There is also the upside of getting a lot of loot from enemy corpses.)

7. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How about a violent pacifist?

8. AMissingLinguist

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds painful. :hmm:

9. Eishun

Eishun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I follow the path of a cultivation novel's protagonist.

That means everyone who offends me will die violently.

But not before they scream, "Forgive me! I have eyes but could not recognize Mount Tai!".

10. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm always interested in trying out the extremes, so it's either the pacifist monk path or the violent monster path. The pacifist monk that turned out to be a sealed devil path also seems pretty intriguing!

Conflicts? i don't see any :blobspearpeek:

3. If everyone in this world is going through the same “test” you are, what do you imagine this world would be like? What would your life be like?
    Madness. The value of life would probably be really cheap since everyone knows that the death would be reincarnated anyway
    Things that are used excessively will bring harm to the body :blob_coffee:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  11. I Ship anything cute

I Ship anything cute [Chaos Twin :3] [Melo fanclub member]

Reading List:
    Link
    Reconciliation!
    I I don't usually solve themmmm <-<. I just sort of drop off the face of the earth and never interact with them ever again. If I have to then I'd prefer to communicate and resolve the conflict peacefully~
    I think that violence would be probably a lot more evident and whatever sort of ruler is head can't really make laws against it.
    People resolve conflicts differently and a mix of both is what's important if the world isn't completely pacifist than that kind of philosophy would genuinely crash and burn and a world with only violence will have an end result of a nuclear wasteland with mutated humans spending most of their lives scavenging and making disgusting attempts to kill each other