[Poll] Would you eat the alien medicine?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Jan 4, 2020.

Tags:
?

Would you get the alien parasite vaccine?

1. Yes - I would get it immediately

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  2. Yes - I would wait a little until other people have used it safely

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. Yes - I would wait a little until there are confirmed alien illnesses

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Yes - Only if the alien diseases sound dangerous

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Yes - Only if the alien diseases are life-threatening

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Yes - Only if it sounds like an epidemic is happening

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  7. No - I don’t trust the aliens

10 vote(s)
    33.3%
  8. No - I don’t believe the vaccine is safe

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  9. No - I don’t think alien diseases are a threat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. No - I don’t like the idea of a parasite inside me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. No - Other reason

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  12. I’m unsure

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  13. I do not wish to respond

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobbunny::blobbunny::blobbunny:

Breaking news! Aliens have come to Earth! This occurred less than 48 hours ago!

However, they’ve also brought a bunch of intergalactic diseases with them. The aliens have refused to stay in quarantine and they are now wandering New York City.

It is unclear exactly which diseases they transmit, but the aliens have verbally stated that humans are at risk for many deadly diseases that current human technology has no ability to cure.

The aliens have offered to administer to humans their version of a “vaccine” — it is actually a biological parasite that will bury itself underneath human skin and eradicate any diseases. The aliens have insisted that it is completely safe, but many humans balk at the idea of an alien parasite living inside them.

The alien parasite vaccine is only effective before a person becomes sick. Attempting to get vaccinated after acquiring an illness is useless.

1. Will you get the alien parasite vaccine?

2. What are your concerns?

3. Would you ever entertain the idea of a “parasite” living inside you for your benefit? What if it is completely harmless?

4. What about getting nano-machines?

NamGi likes this.
  2. Omnicast

Omnicast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Parasites hell no! Symbiote? Why the fuck not? I get a little buddy buddy to keep me company! :aww:

I won’t even overcharge on the rent... just a healthy ultra fit evolved body that comes with man pecs without working out... :blobnosebleed:

Psionic powers wouldn’t hurt either... :cookie:

mir, girisuherman, KuroKaze and 4 others like this.
  3. Si Kucing

Si Kucing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    - They suddenly come to earth
    - They brought intergalatic dissease
    - They refused to be quarantined
    - They offer a vaccine in the form of parasite which they claim will eradicate all disease

Very....... fishy...... nuke them!

1. Hell no

2. How can we believe someone who came knocking on our door, bring trouble with them, yet do as they please in ur own home and putting u and ur home in danger as well? And then they offered "solution" for the trouble? Heh.......

3. The idea that something...... "alien" in my body disturb me......

4. Same as 3

mir, lychee and Loni4ever like this.
  4. VesperNyan

VesperNyan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Except, the price for disease resistance and psionic powers is your buddy downstairs. A buddy for a buddy. Still worth it?

5. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably not. The aliens came unannounced, bring diseases, doesn't want to get quarantined, spread such disease, then claim they have the cure.
    Sounds like malicious intent to me. Why not just kill them all? Or caught some to get the 'antidote' for research. Surely its better for the humans to check and approve its harmless for humans to consume. If the aliens doesn't want to give it for research, adding the way they act, it can be seen as malicious intent. They are pretty much invading earth.

mir, Si Kucing and Loni4ever like this.
  6. Loni4ever

Loni4ever The Fluffy White Wolf

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm reeeaaally unsure.... there's so less info. I'd decide after knowing if the parasite is safe or not. Dunno if I'd ever know that though orz

If the parasite is (potentially) harmful in any way. Like, e.g. will it long term change my body in some way, have some weird side effects, aim to take over my body if it has a consciousness like that or be able to be controlled by the aliens for whatever purposes?

3. Would you ever entertain the idea of a “parasite” living inside you for your benefit? What if it is completely harmless?
    I don't think I'd mind if it's really completely harmless. I mean, you have tons of bacteria living inside you already. Sure that parasite would get nutrients from me but if it's in the realm of harmless, what's the big deal?

I'd be more wary of that. I don't really know anything about this but solely the fact that they're not organic is kinda a point that'd make me hesitate. There's just this immediate train of thought that comes up, related to data and being controlled (in one way or another) through those machines xD

lychee likes this.
  7. Zomula

Zomula Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1) Hell no isn't a strong enough no.
    2) They refuse to quarantine themselves and are purposefully exposing people to deadly disease. Why the HELL would you ever trust their "cure".
    3) That isn't a parasite. That is a symbiote. A parasite is something that does its host harm. A symbiote is a mutually beneficial relationship. It is safe, why not, after all we already host numerous ones already.
    4) See 1

mir, Si Kucing, lychee and 1 other person like this.
  8. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    You’re willing to start a war with the aliens?

It should be obvious that their technology is 10000x superior to human technology.

:blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns:

Maybe this is all about getting a casus belli — if you attack an alien, they have grounds to label all Earthlings as hostile natives.

I don’t think it is that surprising that the aliens refuse to quarantine themselves. When the Europeans came to the America’s, I doubt they really cared to follow Native American laws. They just did whatever they wanted. :blobhero::blobhero::blobhero:

mir and Loni4ever like this.
  9. arashi-chan12

arashi-chan12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No. The aliens are too untrustworthy. They come out of the blue, refuse to quarantine themselves knowing fully that lots of humans will get sick when they interact with them and then offer the cure themselves. Even if they aren't evil per say, they lack empathy and understanding. Their "safe" may not necessarily benefit the host, other than keeping the diseases at bay. Their true intentions have yet to bee seen as well. Are they coming to conquer Earth? Then what does this parasite-vaccine have to do with their plans? If the vaccine really only had benefits for the humans administered, seeing as those humans would be immune to deep space diseases did they need a large number of humans on some other planet for some reason? :hmm:

Answered above.

Ehh... I don't want anything weird living inside of me. Unless I was in really dire straits and really wanted to cling onto life would I entertain the idea. It would also depend on what kind of lifeform it was. I really hate anything that looks gross or like bugs, so those are out out. If it was some sort of formless gel thing or something cute that I can get attached to, then I would be less reluctant.

Same as above, probably. I just don't want anything unnatural inserted into me unless I absolutely need it. I'm the type that doesn't eat pills if I'm sick unless I can't handle it. I mean, our body has an immune system for a reason we can't depend on medicine for everything. Too much of a good thing is bad.

Loni4ever and lychee like this.
  10. Loni4ever

Reading List:
    Link
    ehehe and if I remember correctly, they also brought diseases the natives couldn't deal with. Was your thread inspired by behaviour amongst humans? xD
    If the aliens are any similar to humans, I guess they similarly wouldn't really care about living beings that seem less advanced. Unless they're also more emotionally/socially advanced, their actions would be nothing to be surprised about xD

mir and Si Kucing like this.
  11. Si Kucing

Reading List:
    Link
    Hence the various attack and wars against european settler and colonies....... instead, now it happen to earthlings

Well, the aliens are suspicious as hell.... who knows that parasites might take over our body or spread the galatic disease instead.......

If we are to be completely wiped out either by disease or war..... i would choose to die by my own terms......

12. Si Kucing

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep..... worse still, many of these disease had never occured on the new world so their genes haven't develop a resistance to these disease so the same disease outbreak in one place could kill more native american than european.......

Oh..... this might also be their tactic to kill us.... since they had already formed some sort of resistence to this disease...... and they plan to..... ok nuke em! :blobhero::blobhero::blobhero:

The war already started and their attack had began the moment they refused to be quarantinned and walk around as they please! :blobhero:

13. Loni4ever

Reading List:
    Link
    similar to that Native American - Intruder European situation though, the aliens would probably be too advanced to get wiped out by us xD if we don't play nice, they might confine us to small territories or just kill us :notlikeblob:

mir likes this.
  14. VBS

VBS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good thing they landed in New York City. Let them depopulate the commie scum that live there...

---

No - I don’t trust the alien.
    It's safer to let my immune system to fight the illness - the same way it does any other - than allowing some sketchy alien parasite to wreck my body even worse.

I bet that parasite would eventually take over our minds turn us into zombies. It's probably their scam to enslave humanity.
    I'd rather be the one hunting the zombies (and aliens) than giving my body over to their cause.

This reminds me of the early episodes of Stargate SG1. I need to go back and re-watch them - it's been a long time.

Nope. Not at all. They'll claim it's completely harmless, but there's no guarantee it will stay that way forever.

It's still bad in that the possibility exists to do harm rather than good, but if it doesn't kill us, it probably won't fuck us up as bad - it's the lesser of two evils.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  15. Ratatoskr

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, if they refuse to give the vaccine for research to see if its safe for human consumption or not, doesn't that mean that all of their action was intentional to force us to use their 'vaccine'. They attack first with bio attack. We retaliate. Its simple.
    If we use the native american as an example, then the aliens are the europeans and us human are the natives. That mean, the alien doesn't come for peace or visiting. The history will repeat, except the natives are humans, and the land is our planet earth.

mir likes this.
  16. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Does it change anything for you if the aliens were willing to share their parasite?

It would take six months at least for human scientists to even produce any preliminary research results (never mind how long it takes for any extraterrestrial pathogens to spread) — the conclusions of which that the parasite vaccine works only because it is a living organism that kills/eats whichever diseases that threaten the host. There is no means for humans to replicate this through any artificial or inorganic method. The parasite (“symbionts”) appears to safe and does nothing other than absorb glucose for its own sustenance.

Even if your own government researchers concluded this, would you be willing to take the parasite?

17. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link
    umu. i'll just murder them all with human diseases. like the blackplague. its still around. is pretty harmless to humans. they havent met it before. bam mutually assured destruction if they dont quarantine

18. Ratatoskr

Reading List:
    Link
    If with time constraints, best next move is to find 'volunteers' from death row inmates, pump the 'vaccine' into their veins, and monitor every minute change occured. See the spread region, level of spread, what part is affected, can it pass the blood brain barrier, can the parasite be removed, if it can will it affect the host, does the parasite show signs of growth/mutations, etc. After such questions are answered, and all are positive answers, then i will probably take it, after the first batch who took it shows no obvious sign of change.
    I still thinks its fishy. Those aliens doesn't come in peace.

Lurking, mir and Loni4ever like this.
  19. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Imma be hella honest. Id take that alien parasite and let it fuck me till I'm healthy. I like bein alive.
    It could possibly be a fake parasite and end up mind controlling me or it could back fire and take over my body .
    I'd do it with no second thoughts. Cause reading into the situation, you said diseases. A long time ago people thought death was a disease. So ya know, free immortality.
    Thats kinda cool but if theyre actually just small bombs then guess Im fucked.

Lurking and Loni4ever like this.
  20. Loni4ever

Reading List:
    Link
    morality: questionable
    Efficiency: A+
    :blobjoy:

lol that calls for rule 34. If someone has a link, don't hesitate to share it hahahahaha :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

mir likes this.