[Poll] Would you help the sorcerer-king save his planet? (Part 1)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Nov 13, 2019.

Tags:
?

How many babies do you think you would have by the end of the five-year period?

1. I'm male - Over 100,000 babies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I'm male - 10,000 babies

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  3. I'm male - 1,000 babies

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  4. I'm male - 500 babies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I'm male - 250 babies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I'm male - 100 babies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I'm male - 50 babies

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  8. I'm male - 25 babies

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  9. I'm male - 10 babies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. I'm male - 5 babies

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  11. I'm male - 3 babies

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  12. I'm male - 1 baby

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  13. I'm male - No babies - Even though I tried my best

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  14. I'm male - I would agree but then slack off

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. I'm male - I would refuse to agree to this

6 vote(s)
    16.7%
  16. I'm male - I'm unsure

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  17. I'm female - 6 babies or more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. I'm female - 5 babies

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  19. I'm female - 4 babies

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  20. I'm female - 3 babies

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  21. I'm female - 2 babies

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  22. I'm female - 1 baby

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  23. I'm female - No babies - Even though I tried my best

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  24. I'm female - I would agree but then slack off

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  25. I'm female - I would refuse to agree to this

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  26. I'm female - I'm unsure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  27. I do not wish to answer

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  1. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a two-part poll to test a weird hypothesis I have on mind. When the second poll is made, I'll link it here.

Once upon a time, you died.

The end.

+ + +

After dying, you felt your soul summoned by a mystical power, and suddenly you find yourself awake in another isekai world. Upon waking up, you find yourself face-to-face with a Sorcerer-King. He promptly starts to explain the situation to you.

First of all, you are dead, but contradictorily you are also alive.

The Sorcerer-King says he is maintaining you "alive" through a constant flow of his magic, and if it ceases you will go back to being dead (which you were, originally).

He has a proposition for you.

Specifically, the Sorcerer-King woke up after a million years asleep, but there were no humans left on his planet. This posed a slight problem. He decided he wanted to restart the human race, so he started summoning recently expired souls from alternate dimensions. So far, he's summoned around three hundred people, and he's hoping that the other-worlders will start having babies soon. He is currently summoning new people at a rate of one person per day.

This is where you come in.

Specifically, the Sorcerer-King would like you to spend five years trying your best to make babies. It's not forced slave labor or anything — you can do it on a somewhat leisurely pace — but you genuinely do have to try your best. It is the effort that counts. The Sorcerer-King can read minds, and he can tell if you're lying about trying your best.

You can even do it according to your own moral values (e.g. finding someone that you love, someone you're attracted to, remaining monogamous) — but you do have to genuinely put a 100% full-time effort. If you were medically unable to have babies on Earth for some reason, the Sorcerer-King will fix you so no longer have those medical issues.

During those five years, you don't have to worry about anything else. The Sorcerer-King will use magic to satisfy your needs, although he is unfamiliar with Earth (your original world), and is therefore unable to reproduce specific things he's never seen. Also, the Sorcerer-King is incredibly busy, so you can't bother him all the time.

After you've spent five years trying your best to make babies, the Sorcerer-King will consider you free of any obligations, and you can live your life however you wish in this new world.

As a little extra bonus, if you've had any babies during the five-year period, there is an extra gift:

• One free "favor" from the Sorcerer-King for every baby born by a woman
    • One free "favor" from the Sorcerer-King for every 30 babies fathered by a man

A "favor" is something you can ask of the Sorcerer-King, and he'll try is best to grant your wish -- although there are no guarantees and there are definitely limits on his power. From your perspective, the Sorcerer-King appears to have "god-like" power.

If you refuse to spend five years trying to make babies... well... unfortunately the Sorcerer-King apologetically tells you that he has no use for you. Since you would just be a drain on his magic power, he's going to remove the magic power that is keeping you "alive" and you'll just return to your original state of being "dead".

Would you agree to the Sorcerer-King's proposition to try making babies for five years?

1. How do you feel about the Sorcerer-King's proposition? Do you interpret this as a threat? Would you feel forced to agree?

2. How would you go about this situation? How do you interpret "trying your best"?

3. Question for the guys: Are you enticed by the "bonus" award with the "favors"? Would you try to have as many babies as possible? Or would you care about being a proper father? Or remaining monogamous with the one you love?

4. Question for the girls: Would you want your partner to remain monogamous with you? Even though this might mean they would need to give up on their "bonus" award with the "favors"?

0000000 likes this.
  2. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    ...what is with you and babies?

felidormit, NamGi, GDLiZy and 9 others like this.
  3. OldManGu

OldManGu Legendary Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Another daily BS poll

otaku31, Renaxan and 0000000 like this.
  4. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    3. Question for the guys: Are you enticed by the "bonus" award with the "favors"? Would you try to have as many babies as possible? Or would you care about being a proper father? Or remaining monogamous with the one you love?
    in order: yes, yes, yes (if the mothers committed solely to me) and i'd discuss the matter with the one i love.

0000000 likes this.
  5. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    o_O you’re really bored to make so many of these.

I’d try to get to the 30 babies mark to see how good this favour is. Then keep going from there.

0000000 likes this.
  6. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2:

0000000 likes this.
  7. Minarett

Minarett Peaceful Adventurer

Reading List:
    Link
    What the hell, a man can't even die in peace? Send me back to my grave already. I don't have time in my death to satisfy some perverted old man's fetishes.

8. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't see why not. I mean being dead vs having children? I think having children is just a tiny bit better. Maybe

Innieminnie and 0000000 like this.
  9. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    To get 10000 babies,
    5 years = ~1825 days

Assuming the ladies are literally lining up in front of my dick and we dont consider 9 months of pregnancy time, i.e., all fertilizations count as long as they happened within 5 years,

You would have to impregnate ~5.5 wombs/day.

I dont see why is that even an option.

10. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    It's troll bait, I sometimes leave a few impossible options so I know to exclude them when I'm looking at the results

Innieminnie and 0000000 like this.
  11. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    No. Rather stay dead than give birth.

12. heavenlytribulation

heavenlytribulation [One Feared by All]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a guy and even if I tried to fall in love with another person i would end up squatting in the corner drawing circles in the end

0000000 likes this.
  13. Innieminnie

Innieminnie Secret Parrot, Hidden Dodo

Reading List:
    Link
    1. How do you feel about the Sorcerer-King's proposition? Do you interpret this as a threat? Would you feel forced to agree?
    Hmm...I would feel...grateful and distressed and then resigned and grateful again. It's not a threat if I were already dead anyway, it's his power I'm living off of, it's only fair that I contribute toward this blessing he has given me. No, I wouldn't feel forced. There is only one option for me, even if sex is kind of gross.

2. How would you go about this situation? How do you interpret "trying your best"?
    One baby a year would probably do it. I'm not going to lie, it's tempting to pick 0 kids even if I try my best but...realistically I doubt that would be possible. My best would have me sleeping with the guys who are trying to get as many favors as possible. It should be reletively easy like that.

I can say however, that my favors would be painless and easy birth, rebirth into a different world once this life is all over if that is possible (with my memories), magical power in that life if that is possible, and....a too be pending favor lol.

4. Question for the girls: Would you want your partner to remain monogamous with you? Even though this might mean they would need to give up on their "bonus" award with the "favors"?
    No, I wouldn't ask that of him. If he wanted me to be monogamous and would do the same however, I would include him in my favors, or We'd split them.

Moonpearl, 0000000 and lychee like this.
  14. Kirill

Kirill New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The mere fact that this sorcerer king would choose me, out of all people for this mission of his, pretty much makes me doubt this king on a whole new level

15. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Huuhhh, that's so interesting! It's not the reaction that I expected!

0000000 and Innieminnie like this.
  16. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    What if the sorcerer-king told you the summoning was semi-random and it was largely due to chance?

0000000 likes this.
  17. Kirill

Kirill New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ....that makes it even worse:ROFLMAO:

18. Innieminnie

Innieminnie Secret Parrot, Hidden Dodo

Reading List:
    Link
    Well yeah, pregnancy is scary but I figure I can get an advance on one favor so that my pregnancies would be easy and painfree. I mean, I may be overestimating myself in terma of how many men and or babiea trying my best will result in but...ugh now you have me second guessing myself. Still, life is no joking matter. I would Definetly rather be alive than dead, and I don't blame him for adding on stipulations for the life granted. He's rather benevolent actually, since he's freeing us in five years and giving us favors. A good deal honestly.

19. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Adding to it, Assuming you got your first boon on day zero to have infinite sex drive and everyone else is a woman, even then you could at max get ~ 7 x 300 + 6 x 30 x 6 + 9 x 30 x (5+4+3+2+1) = ~7230 babies. The limiting factor is summoning 1 person/day. This is all assuming everyone else summoned is a woman lining up for the D.

20. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha that's some pretty terrifying math :blobxd::blobxd::blobxd:

0000000 and Innieminnie like this.