[Poll] Would you help the sorcerer-king save his planet? (Part 1)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Nov 13, 2019.

Tags:
?

How many babies do you think you would have by the end of the five-year period?

1. I'm male - Over 100,000 babies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I'm male - 10,000 babies

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  3. I'm male - 1,000 babies

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  4. I'm male - 500 babies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I'm male - 250 babies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I'm male - 100 babies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I'm male - 50 babies

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  8. I'm male - 25 babies

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  9. I'm male - 10 babies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. I'm male - 5 babies

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  11. I'm male - 3 babies

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  12. I'm male - 1 baby

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  13. I'm male - No babies - Even though I tried my best

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  14. I'm male - I would agree but then slack off

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. I'm male - I would refuse to agree to this

6 vote(s)
    16.7%
  16. I'm male - I'm unsure

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  17. I'm female - 6 babies or more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. I'm female - 5 babies

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  19. I'm female - 4 babies

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  20. I'm female - 3 babies

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  21. I'm female - 2 babies

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  22. I'm female - 1 baby

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  23. I'm female - No babies - Even though I tried my best

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  24. I'm female - I would agree but then slack off

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  25. I'm female - I would refuse to agree to this

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  26. I'm female - I'm unsure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  27. I do not wish to answer

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  1. HowlingWolf

HowlingWolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Why isn't there a mpreg option? :hmm:

2. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    She wants one.

Do you have any idea how lopsided this is? The men might as well not be told.

3. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    Which way was it lopsided?

I actually looked up sperm/egg donation money and tried to benchmark off that...

Egg donation is ~$8000

Sperm donation is ~$70

So it comes in at about a 1:100 ratio.

However 100 babies for a single "favor" for a dude sounded terrifying so I reduced the number...

...Although was that fair?

I have no idea how to benchmark this according to what guys consider fair.

Pyoo, Innieminnie and 0000000 like this.
  4. arashi-chan12

arashi-chan12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. How do you feel about the Sorcerer-King's proposition? Do you interpret this as a threat? Would you feel forced to agree?
    I mean, if I get to live again and get bonuses too then why not? It's not a threat if I was already dead, his summoning me is already unnatural in the first place so it would be more a second chance than a threat. Under the assumption that there is little to no pain during child birth, no chance of STD and other stuff, I'd probably accept.

2. How would you go about this situation? How do you interpret "trying your best"?
    That's the thing, even if I try my best to appeal to potentials there's no guarantee anyone would bite. If we just need to fill a quota then I'd probably bring up artificial insemination proposition to the sorcerer, at least for the introverts... It's not as kinky but what he needs is numbers, so can't see why he wouldn't agree. In return, if I have a baby then I'd just ask for a lifetime support so that me and my family can live comfortably. I won't demand much, just food, shelter, entertainment and such. If he needs me to work then sure as long as it's not too hard.

4. Question for the girls: Would you want your partner to remain monogamous with you? Even though this might mean they would need to give up on their "bonus" award with the "favors"?
    Monogamy is nice, but not necessary. In this kind of environment where everyone is trying to make babies with anyone, I figure it'll be hard to trust anyone to stay true to you anyway. It'll be easier in the long run if you develop a more open mind towards different kinds of relationships. Not all children will be between lovers, some will be between friends, some complete strangers, etc. It's necessary for their continued survival under the circumstances, because if they stop trying to have babies then they will be deemed useless by the sorcerer and return to being dead, and that's probably the last thing you'd ever want if you were in love with that person.

5. Deadmantellnotales

Deadmantellnotales rebmeM nwonK-lleW

Reading List:
    Link
    So he initially summoned 300 women's and he gonna summon 1 per day that means : 300+{(1×365)×5}= 2125
    Total 2125 woman will be summoned during 5 year period(if you consider earth days).
    And woman need 9 months to give birth to a child and that adds 1 child per year then for 5 years it will be 5 children.
    That is : 2125×5= 10625
    In total you will be having 10625 children(not considering twins) .
    As male, 1 favor for every 30 babies that means: 10625/30=354.
    Total 354 favors from king/God.

I think it a nice offer as an individual who don't need to give shit about the world. But that means those whole 10000-ish children gonna marry each other then that make it class 1 incest.
    The problems of fucking sister is this "Fewer than half of the children who were the product of incestuous unions were completely healthy. ... Forty percent of the children were born with either autosomal recessive disorders, congenital physical malformations, or severe intellectual deficits. And another 14 percent of them had mild mental disabilities."
    So more that half (55%) of 2nd generation of that world will have mental disorders. And if it going to multiply per generation then at some point the world will be full of retards.

Pyoo, Kirill and 0000000 like this.
  6. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    A single man need to keep at least 6 women perpetually pregnant to get a single favor within the five year period. I'm not sure anyone would agree to be part of that sort of breeding harem tbh. Especially if they're more likely to keep their own moral view.

The sperm/egg donation reward is that way because extracting eggs are nowhere as simple as a dude wanking into a cup, duh.

lychee likes this.
  7. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Mhm, and this is the huge connundrum -- and actually the major interesting point of the poll.

I mean, women literally can't go faster than 5 babies in 5 years (it's actually even less then that due to the refractory period if breastfeeding is included), and I can't even imagine any sane women doing something at that pace... :blobdizzy: It's way too fast/much, even for somebody who wants a lot of babies.

On the other hand, if a guy really wanted to try (without caring about any romantic attachments)... uhh, they're kind of just limited by their libido, which some people above graciously calculated.

But then you hit this really fascinating split where you have some people who pursue the babies for reward vs. babies for love/family/romance -- and I think this is the really curious and interesting thing.

If you lowered the bar for guys to the same as women... well then I mean you could easily end up with guys with hundreds of "favors", and then you have to wonder if that's fair too.

It's a deeply unfair system, and that's really what I find so interesting about this scenario. :cookie::cookie::cookie:

Pyoo, Tilgarial and Moonpearl like this.
  8. Warlock Of The Void

Warlock Of The Void Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not to mention the power of choice is with the women to choose to be pregnant. Considering that the male female ratio is be lopsided in favour of females , even then women only need to have 1 child for a favor which means once they r pregnant they don't need to do anything else, and have no requirements to go through childbirth again.
    While it seems biologically possible for men to have multiple children at the same time , socially it is next to impossible ( in our world where some people will have certain advantages like being rich ) , in this world where you have nothing but yourself to market to the opposite gender , only the lucky few would be able to father like maybe 5 children ( because they r good looking or something ) while the rest ( specifically introverts ) will be able to do nothing . The only real solution is to have artificial insemination, might be possible. Not to mention that lineages will need to be considered , as incestuous birth more than likely leads to more complications , so realistically any man or woman should / could only have 5 - 6 children ( possible for more due to twins or triplets , etc. ) . And they would have to be monitored and paired up with different lineages

Pyoo and lychee like this.
  9. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    @Warlock Of The Void Your explanation was great! Thank you!

I'm really curious now about what kind of ratio you think would work well? If you were the Sorcerer and could choose the summoned male or female ratio?

As for the social expectations... interestingly both @Innieminnie and @arashi-chan12 stated that they didn't expect for guys to remain monogamous, which is also another peculiar factor about this world.

I think it's reasonable to anticipate that some women would socially expect a committed/monogamous relationship, but others wouldn't -- but maybe that's exclusively restricted to the bizarre features of this setting.

To some degree I think it depends on the moral values of the guy himself, as well as the probability they could find a relationship to begin with... although I have to think about this more carefully. :notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob:

Does Tinder logic still work here?

But it's not just casual sex anymore, because there is a dramatic consequence if it's basically Tinder for baby-making.

:blobdead::blobdead::blobdead: It's kind of late so I'm going to bed!

Someone smarter than me can think more about this and tell me what they conclude!

Moonpearl and A5G_Reaper like this.
  10. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    That's just theoretical, put it in practice and it all falls apart. It's a very small circle with only 300 people, and without external influence like money or threats nobody would want to have a child with a known womanizer, no matter how high his personal quality is. Siring 30 children is socially impossible.

Would make much more sense to just remain monogamous and convince the wife to give a favor instead of going full rabbit on everyone.
    Not that much lower, but I'd say a number that's achievable for one couple would work better. Like 2-4 babies per favor for males.

Pyoo, Innieminnie and lychee like this.
  11. Warlock Of The Void

Warlock Of The Void Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @lychee A realistic situation for this would be one of the following :
    1. Forgo all favor making and just use insemination.
    2. Make couple goals instead of individual ones. This will take care of the incest problem and will be motivational and achievable. Plus individuals making babies with anyone would contaminate the gene pool and make incest a lot more possible. Better to just make a couple goals instead. A realistic one would be to have a couple 3 children and earn a favor . Any above it and u get more favors per number ( which wouldn't be much more than two or three depending on luck to have more than one child per childbirth )
    3. Don't do any of the above and taking all the sorcerer King has said into account , there is a VERY good chance that some of the men will band together and start raping women to earn a favor . Of course this is the worst case scenario , a better scenario will be that the rapist will only number a few but the possibility certainly exists as according to the conditions set by sorcerer King , that counts as putting in all the effort. Now what it would lead to would depend on the sorcerer King and his moral grounds. Does he care how he gets more people or of what kind, should he stop it even though it's effective , etc.
    A big problem I am seeing in this poll of yours is WHAT ABOUT THE BABIES. Does the sorcerer take care of them if so how , and not to mention there Will Be Some people whole will awaken maternal and paternal instincts and focus more on the babies , which again begs the question how r they being taken care of because according to time limit some of them will 5 yrs old , now o know that might not seem like much but , children are Very impressionable at those ages , one wrong move on anyone's part can lead to extinction a lot earlier than anyone anticipated.
    Also there is only one good ratio to have which 1:1 because again couple works a lot better than individual , the gene pool stays clean and Target is met

Pyoo, Innieminnie and lychee like this.
  12. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    1. How do you feel about the Sorcerer-King's proposition? Do you interpret this as a threat? Would you feel forced to agree?
    Mister sorcerer king You know I don't want to have my memories back. Yes it literally is a threat. No I would tell him to send me back into the eternal sleep.
    2. How would you go about this situation? How do you interpret "trying your best"?
    I wouldn't. Trying my best is finding a way to die as soon as possible.
    3. Question for the guys: Are you enticed by the "bonus" award with the "favors"? Would you try to have as many babies as possible? Or would you care about being a proper father? Or remaining monogamous with the one you love?
    Not enticed by the bonuses at all. Master dog can probably do anything the sorcerer king can do better.

13. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Assume all people are willing to have sex with only one partner then a 1 to 1 ratio is the best option.
    Assuming everyone is willing to have sex with as many girls as possible 1 male to 30 females is the best option.
    Assume a mix of the two probably 1 male to 2-3 females would probably end up optimal.

I'll assume the second one occurs for this further analysis
    See the first 2 pregnancies for each female and male assuming everyone hear is 100% dedicated to making babies is important. The first female wish is probably something akin to painless pregnancy. Then something like shorten the pregnancy period to for 30 day for the second. The guy can then wish that so long as he ejaculates into a girl who can get pregnant, he will get her pregnant. So he can immediately get the girl pregnant each day. That means each day the guy can sleep with one different girl and get each of the girls pregnant. Then they won't have sex for another 30 days. The reason we have the 30 females is so the male can get his first wish as rapidly as humanly possible assuming no twins/triplets etc. After these first wishes well you are going to be able to churn out babies at a far more rapid pace then if you couldn't Plus each group will be able to take care of the babies reasonably well still since you will have 30-28 people taking care of all the babies at all times with 1 person off giving birth. But this is assuming best case scenario for the sorcerer kings re-population movement!

Worst case scenario is no one wants to be brought back to life.

14. NamGi

NamGi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wtf why not the sorcerer king just get fucked by a man and then he can get pregnant and have babies

15. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm dead, so I can't really feel aggrieved here. I don't like pregnancy, but I'll do it. Also, he doesn't seem all that threatening in this scenario? Just a benefactor with his limits.

First, I want to request that the Sorcerer-King be my partner~! If not straight away, I'll make that the first "favour" I request. After that, it's a simple case of being a "dutiful" wife?

If I have to go out into the wide world for the first time... Well, it's crude, but a couple of daily orgies in the town square will probably do the trick. Trying my best = as much sex as I can have, my actual interest in it be damned.

4. Question for the girls: Would you want your partner to remain monogamous with you? Even though this might mean they would need to give up on their "bonus" award with the "favors"?
    If it's the Sorcerer-King, I'd like it, but I'm not really in a position to force him to be if he super doesn't want to. I'll just have to adapt.

As for others... I don't even really want a relationship with them. Everyone's after babies so, if I'm going to form a romantic relationship, it's more convenient to choose among the women, who don't have any interest in my uterus.

... On another note, I'm interested to what extent people would go if it means getting another partner and a chance to have a baby? Part of me wants to troll the really desperate ones by pulling out a maid outfit and testing their resolve~!

16. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw, you have to consider that most of these humans do not from our Earth and thus will have drastically different cultures and experiences. Further, who is to say that you can trust this sorcerer king? Honestly I could totally see him offing people once they stop doing what he wants (I.e. 5 years have passed). Remember, he has total control of your life.

Pyoo likes this.
  17. Innieminnie

Innieminnie Secret Parrot, Hidden Dodo

Reading List:
    Link
    :aww: You're way smarter than me! I change my answers to yours! You solved all the problems I had with this ❤

18. Innieminnie

Reading List:
    Link
    Waah, you are so right. I gotta prevent incest...I was going with a cavalier attitude, but that is wrong...the king wants humans to live on and that's why he brought us in the first place. I'm sure he'd figure it out, but it's always wise to prevent these things. I don't want that for my children either...

And you bring up some great points I never considered!

19. Innieminnie

Reading List:
    Link
    True, this is all on the basis that we believe and trust him. Still, I'd probably still do it...he still needs someone to take care of the children once they're born after all. Just their daily needs being fufilled isn't enough. I would just try my best and hope it's not a lie I guess, especially when the alternative is death anyway.

20. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link