[Poll] Would you let a stranger eat your fruit?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Nov 20, 2019.

Tags:
?

What is the least you could be paid to sell one of your fruits?

1. At least $1 billion USD per fruit

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. At least $1 million USD per fruit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. At least $100k USD per fruit

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  4. At least $10k USD per fruit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. At least $1k USD per fruit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. At least $100 USD per fruit

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  7. At least $10 USD per fruit

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  8. At least $1.00 USD per fruit

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  9. At least $0.10 USD per fruit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. I would give away my fruit for free

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  11. I would only give them to special people

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  12. I would eat them myself

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  13. I would let them fall off

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. I’m unsure

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  15. I do not wish to answer

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobcheeky::blobcheeky::blobcheeky: This is a slightly silly poll that is inspired by the Pokemon Tropius (it grows a fruit on its head).

In another isekai universe, humans are partially plant-based in their distant evolutionary lineage. Everyone looks roughly the same as Earth humans, except two points.

The first point is that most human have hair that is some shade of green. Human hair contains chloroplasts and can photosynthesize to a limited degree. However, the caloric production from photosynthesis is very small and only provides 5% of your daily calories, so it’s important to have a regular diet. Having regular exposure to sunlight is important for your hair quality, otherwise your hair will start to decompose if you don’t feed your hair choloroplasts regular sunlight.

Humans also have grow flowers in their hair. It is physically attached and you can’t remove them without cutting them off. The flowers are seasonal in nature and bloom only in certain seasons (Spring is the most common). Some people’s flowers turn into fruits (or seeds) after they bloom, so they literally walk around with edible fruits on their head.

There is a lot of diversity in the human species and different people can have different flowers/fruits. Most people only bloom once a year, and they only yield a small handful of fruit (~2-3 fruit) every year. The quality and size of the fruit/flowers can vary depending on how well people take care of themselves and their genetics. If the fruit is not removed by the end of the year (around Fall/Winter), it simply falls off.

You do not have pain neurons innervating the flowers/fruit. It doesn’t hurt to cut/trim them — just like you don’t feel pain from cutting your fingernails or hair. They are sort of delicate, so if you’re overly active, they can fall off or be crushed.

Anyhow, one day you were sitting in a classroom at university, and your hair was fruiting in the winter. Yes — you are a weird one — you flower/bloom in the cold months.

Your classmate (an acquaintance of yours) comes over and tells you that they’re starvingggggg since they forgot to bring lunch from home. The cafeteria is closed since you’re working on a group project together at school on a Sunday, and in your local area a lot of restaurants are closed on Sundays. If they went home to eat, you wouldn’t be able to work on your project together because the materials need to stay at school.

Your classmate notices your fruit (you have three fruits growing this year — and they will fall off by the end of April if you don’t give them away) and says: “Hey, can I buy your fruit? I’m hungry. How much would you take for your fruit?

What is the least amount of money you would be willing to accept to sell them one of your fruits?

Note: The fruits are vestigial organs (like your appendix) and they have no function or reproductive potential.

1. Would you sell somebody your fruit if you grew fruit on your body? Or would you save them for some special purpose?

2. What do you imagine this world would be like? Do you think humans would attach any cultural significance to the flowers?

3. Would you spend more time outdoors to feed your chloroplasts if it was important for your hair quality?

4. What kind of flower/fruit would you grow on your body if you were transmigrated and got to pick one?

Snowbun and NamGi like this.
  2. Night Phoenix

Night Phoenix The *Eccentric* Person

Reading List:
    Link
  3. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    i already let other humans eat my dairy, so why would i be bothered if it was fruit?

4. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if this can be considered cannibalism :hmm:
    Would people eating such fruits be considered as vegetarians :hmm:
    And this friend, how many days do they plan to stay hungry till the fruit is ready :hmm:

5. Osamaru

Osamaru 『Shem's Best Pal ✧ Lexi's Ani ✧ Hamster's Keeper』

Reading List:
    Link
    SOMEONE WANTS TO EAT LYCHEE?! Brave, Brave Man.

6. azarias30007616

azarias30007616 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where's the "what the fuck did I just read" option?

7. Jiggy

Jiggy I am JiggyliFAP~ the not fat anymore guy.

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd give it for free. But I need collateral, I'll have to partake on the flower that blooms below.

8. arashi-chan12

arashi-chan12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What a weird question lol

1. Would you sell somebody your fruit if you grew fruit on your body? Or would you save them for some special purpose?
    If I liked them enough, I'd probably just give it away for free. Or maybe trade fruit next time they get some, idk lol

...wait, does the fruit have seeds? Oh God, they can't grow little mini-mes out of the fruit they get, right? If so then I definitely don't want that lmao

I'll just eat it myself if it's just gonna fall off anyway, regain some nutrients.

2. What do you imagine this world would be like? Do you think humans would attach any cultural significance to the flowers?
    Most likely yeah. Fruit are unique to each person and display how well you take care of yourself right? Then it could be used for health purposes, like a doctor examining the quality of your fruit at a check up. Or it could be pure beauty purposes and be shown off to attract the other sex, like peacocks. In that same line of thinking it could be a present meant only for your significant other or people you hold dear to you, since you're basically giving away a part of yourself.

3. Would you spend more time outdoors to feed your chloroplasts if it was important for your hair quality?
    My hair don't matter much but my health do. Probably still won't go out too much tho.

4. What kind of flower/fruit would you grow on your body if you were transmigrated and got to pick one?
    Something versatile I could probably cook something other than desserts from lol. Maybe coconut or grapes. I prefer strawberries and cherries tho.

9. Innieminnie

Innieminnie Secret Parrot, Hidden Dodo

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd probably have something planned for them...but I wouldn't let my classmate go hungry if I could prevent it. So yeah, I'd probably just give them some.

Oh yeah, there would definetly be beauty products and flower appreciation days for our hair...maybe even valentine's day would be affected. Perhaps we'd give a fruit/flower to the person we liked or during marriage?

Yes, what kind of question is this lool xD I'm not going to let my hair physcially rot!

Can I pick coconut? Technically it's a fruit, a nut, and a seed. The student would be out of luck though! :blobcheeky:

Arcturus and lychee like this.
  10. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    I just chose the most picked answer on the poll, though I thought I was picking randomly. :sweating_profusely:

1. Eat it. Tropius grows his/her favorite fruit on his/her head.
    2. Yep.
    3. Nope. Laziness is still inherent.
    4. Enchanted Golden Apple.

11. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
  12. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Take, I've got four of them.

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  13. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    Who said I'd pick lychee :blobtriumph::blobtriumph::blobtriumph: I could be a different fruit for all you know!

Yes, I think this is the interesting thing. I'm curious if people are weirded out because of that factor.

:blobxd::blobxd::blobxd:

:aww::aww::aww: This is actually my favorite part about this setting. I feel like the world would be super cool, at least in the cultural sense it would be interesting to hear about.

For me personally, I think I would hate it if I transmigrated into this setting. :sweating_profusely: The flower sounds like an enormous pain and I would stress so much over it.

"Oh my flower is droopy today" :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:

:notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob: Would hate my life so much.

A pretty flower would be nice but I don't want one that's too fragile.

Pyoo, Innieminnie, Arcturus and 3 others like this.
  14. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    1 If they are poisonous, yes.

2 I will feel part of privacy will be easily leaked by the fruit/flower and there will be more bias toward "bad fruit/flower".

3 I will spend more time outside... only on night time. I will still hate sun.

4 Something poisonous.

15. Ruyue

Ruyue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd just go bald, seems like a pain to take care of hair even more.

16. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    Mmm, taste a little morbid

Innieminnie and AMissingLinguist like this.
  17. NamGi

NamGi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd pick an angel's trumpet as my flower

Innieminnie and lychee like this.
  18. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I have to say, these fruits would almost certainly be sexualize/romanticized in culture. Why? Because of the biological nature of fruit/flowers itself. Which, by the way, contain the reproductive organs of plants or the seeds of the plants.

Also, it would suck for whoever gets rafflesia.

19. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rafflesia? Sheesh, that it one nasty smell (Rotting flesh).

20. RizYun

RizYun #Kaffee4Laifu

Reading List:
    Link
    so long she, the stranger, wasn't bringing diseases when she eat my fruits inside my pants :hmm::blobhyperthink: