[Poll] Would you respect the natives?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Jan 3, 2020.

Tags:
?

Would you respect the native practices of this world?

1. No - Kill them all and take over their land

12 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. No - Kill a bunch of them until they fear us

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No - Threaten them to adopt our ways

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No - Creatively reduce their population

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  5. No - Creatively reduce the land available to them

3 vote(s)
    4.7%
  6. No - Trick them into selling their land/assets

5 vote(s)
    7.8%
  7. No - Unilaterally declare some land as your own

4 vote(s)
    6.3%
  8. No - Secretly influence them to adopt our ways

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  9. Maybe - We will each follow our own ways

9 vote(s)
    14.1%
  10. Yes - Respect their ways regarding the shared use of land/nature

6 vote(s)
    9.4%
  11. Yes - And also protect the environment that we touch

9 vote(s)
    14.1%
  12. Yes - Work together to integrate the Earthlings with the natives

4 vote(s)
    6.3%
  13. Yes - We will become honorary indigenous natives

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Yes - And we will renounce Earth citizenship and live among the natives

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  15. I’m unsure

4 vote(s)
    6.3%
  16. I do not wish to respond

3 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobhug::blobhug::blobhug:

A gate appeared on Earth leading to another universe, and you and a bunch of explorers went through to visit.

You immediately discover that the other side of the gate is populated by indigenous people with technology that is inferior to your own.

This world seems to be relatively densely populated. Every thirty minutes, you encounter another native who is walking around (e.g. woodcutter, shepherd), although most of the environment is still quite natural.

You ask if there is any authority you can speak to, but they look at you in confusion. The natives tell you that they have no authority figure and all beings are brothers and sisters under the light of the sky.

You also ask if it’s okay for you to set up camp somewhere, and the natives respond that nobody owns the land and the fruits of nature are for everyone to share. Harmony with nature is the ultimate rule. As long as you do not destroy the environment, they could care less about what you do.

You also try to negotiate the purchase of land, but they look at you weirdly because they have no idea what you’re talking about.

There are abundant natural resources in this isekai world and your boss back on Earth wishes for you to acquire those assets through any means necessary. If you are successful in this task, you would reap a portion of the profits, potentially ranging in the millions of dollars.

What do you do?

1. Would you respect the ways of the indigenous people? Why or why not? Would you seize land/assets and evict the natives?

2. Would you try to project Earth laws/culture to the natives? Or do you believe they have a right to their own ways?

3. How would you convince your boss NOT to send a massive army / corporate organization through the gate to strip-mine the area of resources?

4. Is it important to protect the environment? How do you determine what is insufficient protection and what is ”excessive” regulation?

5. Ten years later, Earthlings have established extensive mining/logging operations in this isekai universe, evicting many natives and destroying the environment. Now, the natives are banding together to go to war against the Earthlings. You happen to have a massive cache of hidden weapons capable of arming an entire military. Would you support the natives with your resources? Or the Earthlings? Or remain neutral?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    NamGi and false like this.
  2. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Would you respect the ways of the indigenous people? Why or why not? Would you seize land/assets and evict the natives?
    umu. internet, nature, internet, pure untouched nature

i might just... is this portal triggerable by me or stuck in place? immmaa sstttteeeal it
    so i can have both
    2. Would you try to project Earth laws/culture to the natives? Or do you believe they have a right to their own ways?
    um no.... our culture and laws are kinda messed up? they prolly have their issues too tho.
    i dont feel a need to forcefully mix them together and create more mega issues
    3. How would you convince your boss NOT to send a massive army / corporate organization through the gate to strip-mine the area of resources?
    i already stole it. if boss knows about it gather companiions and quietly kill him while he has kept it secret by saying i found a ginourmous [rare gem] and i need him to come and appraise it and tell no one lest it be stolen

then gank him so knowlegde of portal dont spread
    4. Is it important to protect the environment? How do you determine what is insufficient protection and what is ”excessive” regulation?
    umu dunno. regulation and protection laws kinda mess stuff up?
    5. Ten years later, Earthlings have established extensive mining/logging operations in this isekai universe, evicting many natives and destroying the environment. Now, the natives are banding together to go to war against the Earthlings. You happen to have a massive cash of hidden weapons capable of arming an entire military. Would you support the natives with your resources? Or the Earthlings? Or remain neutral?
    who let this happen? not i

3. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you watch Avatar before posting this poll?

zhainan2157, 0000000 and Fitoor like this.
  4. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    This reminds me of an NSFW manhwa :cautious:
    A World That I Rule

5. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think its cache, not cash but no big deal

lychee likes this.
  6. Bias

Bias Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would be very bad example of ruler in every sense of the word, if I am given chance to govern or takeover another world, for mostly I just use warhammer 40k human example of psychotic dictatorship. Even in civ game or any country building game, peace is never an option for me.

pass1478 likes this.
  7. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That world... the moment earthlings arrive... it will be taken over. Destroyed and most linely enslaved.... the corrupt bastards (ONU) would give a fum and take over.... it will be like colon arriving to america all over

8. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    if the world is has you say than I personally would not change their lifestyle, let alone killing them just for money.

If its just me who found the gate, I'd keep it my secret and visit the world now then to enjoy the fantasy world. Id help them out, but making sure I don't stand out and give out my world's location.

If it's a international event and I'm just a soldier, I'd try my best to jump the ranks to have enough power to lessen the damage our insatiable greed can create.

Ps- no matter how much I love CN, JP, kR mc's hunting "monsters" other world humans, it just ends there. Deep inside it's frustrating to see authors always use animals like toys for mc.

otaku31 and Lurking like this.
  9. keialpha

keialpha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No. If they accept my way of life, I will continue my way of life. Until they decide they are fighting back, I will not give them the option to influence my ideas.
    Now, I will do this exact same thing, if the indigenous people are virus, or wild wolf, or wild animals, or so called "indigenous people". Humans have never accepted virus as equals. Humans have domesticated wolfs into dogs, and other wild animals into live stocks, and never respected their native life styles.
    Those "indigenous people" have to be willing and able to fight for their rights, before I will agree to give them any rights. If not, they will be domesticated like all other plants and animals that have been domesticated in human history.
    The difference in terms of treatment will have to come from what these "indigenous people" do. They are not given rights just because they look human.

No. If they want any rights, they need to be willing and able to fight for it. No free rights given.

I will send many immigrants into the new land, and have the new government formed by the immigrants to protect the land they will own. If these new immigrants do not get any benefit, and are not willing to defend their property and rights, I will not either.

Only if I cab benefit from this environment. Whoever that lives there, and able and willing to defend the environment, will decide what is or is not excessive regulation. Basically, self determination.

5. Ten years later, Earthlings have established extensive mining/logging operations in this isekai universe, evicting many natives and destroying the environment. Now, the natives are banding together to go to war against the Earthlings. You happen to have a massive cash of hidden weapons capable of arming an entire military. Would you support the natives with your resources? Or the Earthlings? Or remain neutral?

Only if they offer me something I value. I give no free lunches.

false and MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN like this.
  10. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As for what i would do?... tske every thing i can getnto that world to stablish ny home and then destroy the gate. Fuk earth. They can bladt themselfs with nukes

11. Jiggy

Jiggy I am JiggyliFAP~ the not fat anymore guy.

Reading List:
    Link
    I offer my own perspective to the scenario. I'll respect their ways. Find a new place uninhabited, slowly integrate them into my country. Establish the 4th Reich. Declare World War 3 and let the world burn.

12. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same thought
    It's been a while since I read that, was it still updated after the fire and internal fights happened? Is it completed?

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  13. Zomula

Zomula Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1) Are the indigenous people humans, demihumans, or a combination? I ask because depending on the answer I would either respect their ways or crush them. If they are humans, I don't give a crap about them. If there are other races, there are other ways that may take more time but. . .
    2) Some, but others I would leave or even try to implement on Earth.
    3) As I said above if the natives were human I don't care, but if they aren't I can probably convince my boss that there is a more lucrative option in the form of tourism, and that it would be more profitable to do their acquisitions in a less obvious way.
    4) Yes, if we don't protect it today it won't be here tomorrow. Difficult to answer, I would say to "excessive" is demanding that there is zero impact to the environment.
    5) Again it depends on what the natives are. If they are human, I remain neutral, but if they are demihumans arm them to the teeth.

14. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, in chapter 40, said that it was complete but I am not sure, the ending was kind of like a cliffhanger

DiabolicGod likes this.
  15. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    tell.the boss that you found a certain type of virus that makes.non native people go pregnant when they.inhale the air over there,

16. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    What if they are orc demihumans? XD

Peace-loving hippie orcs?

17. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Lychee been hitting the history books this time? Sounds similar to the colonization of the Americas.

Yes, I’d try to respect the natives. No Manifest Destiny for me, thanks.

otaku31 and lychee like this.
  18. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup! Just visited pueblos and other things today on a national monument in Arizona.

The National Park Service evicted the Navajo Native Americans when it was established here.

Protect the environment but evict the inhabitants ;D ...that’s clearly the right way to do things...

Anra7777 likes this.
  19. Hasr11

Hasr11 [Cat] [Fujoshi] [JP TL in Hiding]

Reading List:
    Link
    Frankly, there are high chances the natives would die because of the microbes and viruses that I'll bring. So first thing I'd have to do is quarantine myself and other humans, and vaccinate the natives.

Yes, definitely respect them. I've been raised in a highly culturally heterogeneous environment and I appreciate that.

I wouldn't, but history has shown that we humans are terrible colonizers. Just look at the Native Americans or former British colonies.

Never report it, go AWOL i guess... Or if they send more people, say that its inhabited by scary people or dinosaurs or something.

Definitely important to protect it. Or respect it, as most indigenous cultures on earth do. If we thought of trees as fellow living beings too, our planet wouldn't be so messed up now.
    And no plantations for profit... It'd destroy the local environment like anything. Foreign species invasions have wrecked havoc everywhere they've happened. I'd learn about the local flora and fauna and try to benefit from them

5. Ten years later, Earthlings have established extensive mining/logging operations in this isekai universe, evicting many natives and destroying the environment. Now, the natives are banding together to go to war against the Earthlings. You happen to have a massive cache of hidden weapons capable of arming an entire military. Would you support the natives with your resources? Or the Earthlings? Or remain neutral?
    How would this have happened if i had weapons and an army lol

Edit: if we did have contact with natives, chances are, something like this might happen
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...american-are-peace-loving-say-anthropologists

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    otaku31, lychee and Lurking like this.
  20. Renaxan

Renaxan [Ero Culture Enthusiast]

Reading List:
    Link
    Now its interesting poll.
    I will respect if they arent bothering our job. Yes, but first it need to with friendly way to acquire information about the world faster then seize all benefit avalaible. Capitalism Hoo! (Recettear reference). Human always been greedy in any environment no doubt. Take a look those mmorpg with pk feature, and i will say the human can do worse in real life.

Teaching them about our law would be right thing to do. Make the law are our defense, weapon to fight native in political ways. Or, it would be like those american native history happen again.. oof.

Then my boss is retard because History already proven that collonialism is more effective and cost efficiency way.

Apply the same rules as earth regulations does. Yes, its important because it could potentially become earth-human habitat in future. You wont need to have second earth environment which has global warming, ocean trash etc.

Protect myself first, then see which side are more benefical to support.