[Poll] Would you shave/wax/remove your body hair?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Nov 17, 2019.

Tags:
?

Would you shave your body hair if society expected it?

1. I'm male - Yes, I would shave and wax nearly constantly (as much as I can)

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  2. I'm male - Yes, I would shave and wax more frequently than the average person

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. I'm male - Yes, I would shave and wax as much as the average person

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  4. I'm male - Yes, I would shave and wax less than the average person

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I'm male - Yes, I would shave and wax infrequently

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I'm male - Yes, I would shave and wax only for special occassions

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. I'm male - No, shaving my full body is okay but waxing is an absolute NO

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  8. I'm male - No, some amount of body hair removal is okay, but NOT my full body

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  9. I'm male - No, I refuse to remove any hair on my body (not counting face)

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  10. I'm male - No, I refuse to remove any hair on my body or face

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  11. I'm male - I'm unsure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. I'm female - Yes, I would shave and wax nearly constantly (as much as I can)

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  13. I'm female - Yes, I would shave and wax more frequently than the average person

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. I'm female - Yes, I would shave and wax as much as the average person

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  15. I'm female - Yes, I would shave and wax less than the average person

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  16. I'm female - Yes, I would shave and wax infrequently

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. I'm female - Yes, I would shave and wax only for special occassions

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  18. I'm female - No, shaving my full body is okay but waxing is an absolute NO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. I'm female - No, some amount of body hair removal is okay, but NOT my full body

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  20. I'm female - No, I refuse to remove any hair on my body (not counting face)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  21. I'm female - No, I refuse to remove any hair on my body or face

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  22. I'm female - I'm unsure

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  23. I do not wish to answer

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  1. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    I’d think permanent hair removal would be something developed earlier since even people in this other world would feel pain... There are even chemical options (irl) though there is a risk of chemical burn and it has a strong scent.

It’s a bit of a weird question to me since a less extreme version is already common in my country. Visible hair is considered gross and unhygienic for women on legs/arms/armpits etc. Less extreme in that things like light blonde hairs that can’t be seen don’t have to be removed, for the lucky few. Men are expected to groom their hair even if it’s not fully removed.

Generally people will persist in stupid social norms, but also develop ways to make it more convenient and less painful. People are ingenious cheaters~

2. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Not if they're masochistic. :blobpeek: Seriously though, "permanent hair removal" is cheaper and more convenient in the long run but they're not really permanent, right? :hmm:

Actually, I think most women in a lot of countries do shave at least their arms, legs, and armpits. :blobpensive: In a way, isn't armpit hair kinda erotic though? :blobpeek: Since most women shaves them, it's actually rare to spot them. :blobamused:

3. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    I already don’t shave my legs and underarms everyday. It’s bad for the skin, and totally unnecessary. Granted, I only started shaving in the first place due to society’s pressure, so if the past is anything to go by, I’d be able to resist for a few years beyond when it’s considered normal to start shaving, but would eventually give in. I probably wouldn’t shave anywhere that’s normally covered, though.

Probably wouldn’t wax, though, as I have sensitive skin and hate pain.

4. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    The main difficulty for me is that while I do shave/wax, I'm also a lazy person, who doesn't care so much about my own appearance. I only do it when I feel like it/want to look nice. So while in such a society, I'd likely do it more often, I'd probably still fall back into bad habits.

5. NamGi

NamGi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wtf does this mean I have to shave ever part of my body? No thanks! I'm never shaving my precious fur off! ʕథ౪థʔ

6. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, if that was the case and all hair needed to be removed. I’ll go with an all body laser hair removal procedure.

1. Would you shave your body hair every day and wax every month if society expected you to? What if society saw you as disgusting if you didn't do it?
    As I stated before. I would use a laser hair removal set up. I’m ok with hair removal. Personally I would love to, but the girls I’ve been with usually like a little hair. Something weird like I want a man not a boy deal. They’re words not mind. Even trimming I get head shakes.

2. If your loved one wanted you to remove your body hair, would you do it?
    Yes, as I stated. Especially down under. I personally don’t like hair in my food. I always believe turn about is fair play. But what can you do. When they want it.

3. How much time/pain/effort are you willing to go through to look good? What if it takes a significant amount of time/pain/effort to look "average" for your gender?
    Got to do what you got to do.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    Arcturus likes this.
  7. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    *Menaces doggo with clippers*

AMissingLinguist and NamGi like this.
  8. wantek

wantek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    then why do the monks shave the hairs bald ????
    because they dont follow Confucius ?

9. NamGi

NamGi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ey wtf

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  10. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would remove all my body hair if possible with duct tape and then say it was @lychee and @Ai chan's idea! Waxing? No way!

11. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As a woman who inherited some bad genes for this type of thing, this just sounds like a slightly more extreme version of reality.
    I'd do the same thing I do now, do as little as I can get away with/hide (and use pants and long sleeves alot), because the irritation when it's growing back is not fun at all.
    If I got into a relationship I'd have to start the monthly waxing and shaving every day though.

Nom de Plume likes this.
  12. VBS

VBS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Would you shave your body hair every day and wax every month if society expected you to? What if society saw you as disgusting if you didn't do it?
    Sure. I'm not fond of body hair in the first place. Removing it is no issue.
    I already shave daily (my face, at least) for my job (company dress code).
    That being said, I'd probably still be lazy and skip days when I'm not working and don't go out (as I do now).

2. If your loved one wanted you to remove your body hair, would you do it?

Yes. I have no problem with it, aside from laziness. I think I'd be motivated enough if I had to keep it up for a loved one.

3. How much time/pain/effort are you willing to go through to look good? What if it takes a significant amount of time/pain/effort to look "average" for your gender?

As much as necessary. No-one wants to be a forever alone outcast. Unless you're living the HIKINEET life and enjoying it - then it might be a good time to succumb to the laziness.

13. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    Anything that changes a need to remove hair twice a day to removing hair every two weeks (arbitrary number for example) would be an improvement, let alone something even semi-permanent.