Discussion [Poll] You were abducted by a celestial being...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Oct 4, 2019.

Tags:
?

How long could you last in an isolated dimensional room without going insane?

1. I would never go insane!

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. Over 1 million years!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 100,000 years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 10,000 years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 1,000 years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 500 years

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  7. 250 years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 100 years

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  9. 50 years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 30 years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. 20 years

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  12. 10 years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. 5 years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. 3 years

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  15. 2 years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. 1 year

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. 6 months

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  18. 3 months

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. 2 months

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  20. 1 month

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  21. 2 weeks

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  22. 1 week

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  23. 3 days

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  24. 2 days

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  25. 1 day or less

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  26. I'm unsure

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  27. I do not wish to answer

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing sure screams maturity more than locking the person you like in a literal room for centuries~ ¬‿¬

First, I'd like to have all my belongings moved into the new room so I'll at least have some pieces of home with me, and since they're very powerful, can they find me all the stuff I've thrown away, lost and misplaced over the years? I want to have an extreme nostalgia session over old drawings, essays, books and such when I'm feeling lonely.

Next I'll ask for a portion of the room to be filled with copies of ALL the books written down in the course of history! Ah, but they shouldn't be scattered all over the place. Can Celestial Being-sama pretty please decorate the "library" in a beautiful, organized way? *puppy eyes*

What else...hmm...illusions of pets too, please. Oh, and something like JARVIS? :blobsmilehappyeyes: Finally, I'd like to be able to have a working internet connection even if I'll only be a lurker forever. Being able to live for hundreds of years is a good thing if it means I'll be able to see how technology progresses. I'll "live" vicariously through other people! :blob_teary::blobhug::blobReach:

I'd spend my time trying to make the best of the situation and rack up affection points with Celestial Being-sama. They better be wrapped around my finger by the time I'm out of that room! :blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns::blobrofl:

Happiness for me means inner peace, contentment and excitement. I'm optimistic that I'll be able to find happiness in some way or another as long as there's no pain or suffering.

HNCKrstl, Snowbun, AliceShiki and 2 others like this.
  2. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Fully functioning and operational CRYO CHAMBER made for me! I mean it's the simplest way to pass the time and remain sane!
    Decorations would of course be a stark white as if it was a laboratory!
    My time would be spend inside a cryo chamber
    Given enough time anyone could find happiness in the situation after all stockholm's syndrome is something that can affect anyone!
    P.s. If I was actually in this situation I would 100% lose my sanity without the cryo chamber

lychee and Traveling Chef like this.
  3. Traveling Chef

Traveling Chef ⁽ʕ•̀ω•́ʔ╯.+:。Professional Unichef~

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing, I would ask for nothing to be present in the room. Pure white as far as the eye can see and further.

I won't be trapped or held against my will by the whims of some self-important "higher" being.

If they want me so bad it'll be on my terms.

A hundred years or so trapped in whiteness, without dying, without something to take my mind off of what I'm going through, that should be more than enough to drive me absolutely insane beyond fixing. If I can't escape and I can't take my own way out, then they can only have me in a manner I see fit.

Out of my mind and completely lost to myself.

4. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    This one I think the Celestial Being would reject, since you wouldn’t “mature” if you slept through all of it. XD

(Gosh, my brain is evil! XD)

5. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    :notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob: I couldn't resist and ended up adding a poll

6. 911

911 [Officer][Official Police][Tag me when needed]

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, still selling mmo in cloned world

lychee likes this.
  7. Traveling Chef

Traveling Chef ⁽ʕ•̀ω•́ʔ╯.+:。Professional Unichef~

Reading List:
    Link
    To answer your poll;
    with stuff to keep me busy, I think I could last forever.

With nothing to keep me busy, little more than 500 years.

I'm someone who can be lost to their thoughts easily and for long stretches(once while growing up I didn't talk to anyone or speak at all for little over a month, i wasn't upset with anyone or anything i just had nothing to say. My own voice scared me when I did finally talk) so it would take some time for me to go batty, but human minds weren't developed to withstand such long periods of time and it'll be easy enough to go insane in that kinda span of time.

iampsyx and lychee like this.
  8. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooooooooooooh, I love this manga, it's really nice! The earlier chapters were the best IMO though... Still, I enjoy the manga at its current point too~

1) Well, I'd ask for a lot of stuff for sure... Like... If they can create illusions of people then... Make illusions, lots of them, make a replica of Earth actually, but without the bad stuff like extreme poverty, robbery, murder, rape and etc.
    I'd also want a bank account with nigh infinite money so as to have time to dedicate myself full-time for my hobbies.
    Also, I'd want a magical device that helped me change my appearance as I saw fit. Would be really nice not needing to go wax anymore and have an easy time taking care of my hair for once, among many other things. Oh, and I mean this in a biological level too, so like... Fixing my issue that I can't give birth would be really wonderful~
    And that's not exactly something I want in my room, but I'd ask them to communicate to the people I care for in real Earth about what happened to me... I mean, worst I'll get is a no anyways, so it doesn't hurt to ask. Would be nice to give a peace of mind to the people I love after all.

2) Well, since the room is basically a new Earth... I don't think decorations are needed! xD

3) Dedicating myself full-time to hobbies! Hooray for being able to spend as long as I want in forums without worrying about work and what not! \(^^)/
    And writing, and learning new languages, and programming some stuff... Not needing to worry about bills to pay would be pretty nice for sure~

4) Pretty sure I could... If anything, I'd be sad all the children I adopted would be illusions, but I could have children with my divine husband later on at least... That, and even if illusions, I'd still care for my children as my own~
    I mean, illusions would basically be replicas of real people, so... At that point what makes them different from real people? I'd definitely treat them as such.
    Oh, we thought the same, sweet~
    You didn't!? xD

That was my first thought, an infinite room with illusions of people can basically become a whole new world... Very fitting for a pocket dimension~

9. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    This response actually made me think for a bit! :hmm::hmm::hmm:

I've never thought about what it would take to stockholm syndrome me before! :notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob:

Although now that it's mentioned already, I do feel like I would probably be the type that would be easily stockholm'd though........ :blobcry::blobcry::blobcry:

-----------

What would you ask the Celestial to put in your room?
    An entire world to explore, the more interesting the better. And also a comfy room I could always go back to. Would be very much appreciated if the world had various kinds of living things, even if they're simulations -- they don't have to be human. Even if they were aliens or strange animals I think it could be interesting.

Would also like a giant library with all the stories (real and fictional) in the universe in the past present and future -- and way to search through and clasify them all -- maybe some kind of assistant -- as well as some mechanism for me to understand them regardless of the language.

How would you decorate it?
    A very luxurious and cozy room with lots of fluffy things and a door that goes anywhere.

How would you spend your time in isolated confinement?
    Absorbing stories across all time; seeing sights and exploring things. Talking to the Celestial however much he's willing to talk for conversation.

Could you ever find happiness in this sort of situation?
    ....I think I would probably get stockholm'd very quickly. :notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob:

AliceShiki, iampsyx and Snowbun like this.
  10. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Not a problem. As long as Ai-chan doesn't need to eat, Ai-chan can last forever in an empty white space. After all, Ai-chan is very good at sleeping. Not being disturbed when Ai-chan sleep will simply make Ai-chan happier.

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  11. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How can a NEEThaven make me insane when I'm already considered insane by some people?

You can already tell what I'm going to ask for when I said NEEThaven. I'm immortal there, free Internet with no limitations to viewing any site, government, public, or private. Can experience the a somewhat omniscient godhood in this place.

Deleted member 155674 and lychee like this.
  12. WhitesRabbit48

WhitesRabbit48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd probably ask them to create a couple of different worlds I could visit and a space where I could go retreat to whenever I was feeling tired of it all. Kind of like a quick wear novel, but you can leave and return at any point in time. Also being able to visit different points in history would be interesting. Plus an Earth replica of how it was before I was taken, so it would be like I never left. Not sure if that would make me more or less sad about the whole thing though...
    Personal space would probably have a bunch of different houses in different styles. So modern, postmodern, baroque, etc. There would definitely be a fantasy-style treehouse too... Also would ask to be able to create whatever I want out of my imagination. MAke things easier to renovate and such.
    Living in the other worlds, exploring, learning, becoming a master chef, philosopher, cultivator, whatever I was feeling at the moment. Planning world domination, ya know, the usual.
    Maybe if I asked them to wipe my memory of before I was taken? Or if I lived long enough to I forget about the before. I do have a pretty bad memory...

lychee likes this.
  13. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    "Good, good, feel the power of polls flow through you." :blobowoevil_horns:

A magical router, a laptop, a phone, desks, a $399 chair, other chairs, a king sized bed, a space ship, a VR headset, an electric generator, multi-outlets, power cords, chargers, some clothes, a washing machine, a hot spring, some towels, instruction books, glasses, underwears, forks, knives, plates, bowls, small houses, sinks, cabinets, refrigerator, freezer, curtains, sun, moon, stars, air, clouds, birds, mammals, lizards, insects, arachnids, animals, water, weather, seasons, desktop, monitor, dumb bells, treadmill, workout bench, grass, trees, flowers, bushes, magic books, Wilson volleyball, toothbrush, tooth paste, hair comb, nail clipper, soap, shampoo, conditioner, fan, cups, food, microwave, toilet, Nerf gun, board games, map, compass, magnets, paper, pens, pencils, erasers, and a roomba. I will increase the list if I remember more to ask. :blobhyperthink::blobhyperthink::blobhyperthink:
    Bedroom contains personal belongings and items. Living room contains things to live on. Kitchen contains appliances and food. Bathroom contains cleaning and private actions. Each house is in a different style of architecture. All the other things I listed are just strewn about in the white space. :hmm:
    Watching videos, reading books, playing games, exercising, thinking, sleeping, eating, bathing, drawing, and more thinking. :cookie:
    Yep. I try to find happiness wherever I can. If a celestial being has me trapped in a white space, then I will try to make it a little bit better for myself. :blobcozy:

AliceShiki and lychee like this.
  14. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    :aww::aww::aww: What an incredibly detailed response!

iampsyx and AliceShiki like this.
  15. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    Though my response is pretty detailed, I know it's not enough. There are way too many things I take for granted, and I do not know what I do not know I take for granted. :blobhyperthink:

16. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    How do you come up with these crazy scenarios each time? :blobdizzy:

1) I would have a VR machine that would let me come up with different parameters of a world, then wipe my memories and go live a life there.

Once I died I would come out of the VR world, then come up with a new world to live in.

I would set it up so that when I'm in the VR world, I wouldn't remember my previous lives, but when I come out I have memories of every single one.

That should take care of the Celestial Being's complaint of me not maturing.

I guess I would also give myself the option to live a VR life with memories of my previous lives too, in case I fancy doing that.

This is the same as when the Magical Girl of Darkness and Evil transmigrated us, but it was just a dream. It really doesn't make a difference if they're real or not imo.

2) I would keep it basic, like a small house with a kitchen, bedroom, living room, and a place to enter the VR world.

I wouldn't take anything that gives me access to the real world, I think it might just make things worse.

3) just pretend that I died and that this is a nice afterlife :blobangel:

4) I think it could get a bit depressing if I keep living bad lives over and over or I realise some horrible truth to people, but I guess that's part of the maturing process of several centuries which is the whole reason we're doing this.

If that happens I could also just make better worlds for me to live in. :blobmelt:

Snowbun, AliceShiki and lychee like this.
  17. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you thought of writing webnovels? Some of these premises are just begging for an actual series, hah! Anyways, here's my take: this Celestial Being is obviously fine with marrying me for me, for whatever reason (please don't tell me it's just looks, but maybe it is since centuries in a room without anything unless I ask is just asking for my mind to rot away).

Finally, time to do all the things I wanted to do but never had time to! Books, games, craft projects, hobbies, a beautiful garden to sit in, things like that. Internet and smart phones are tempting, but if I can't interact with anyone, might as well learn to live without them. People have done it for thousands of years so I figured I'll get use to living without it. Humans adapt to so many things, after all.

Oh! An important thing is to also get books/info on the Celestial Being who caught me. If I can't interact with them, I'd like to at least understand and know them a bit better through other means. Let's not be strangers...

Mmm...all warm and cozily, like a ideal castle/mansion. Definitely with a greenhouse of sorts and plants (illusions are fine as long as I can smell them y'know), waterfalls, things like that. I must have a very comfortable bed with warm covers no matter what because....

...if at any point during my confinement I grow bored, I want the ability to trigger a "sleep switch" that just lets me sleep away the rest of the years until it's time to wake up and get married. Of course, with the understanding that my body and health won't be affected in the meantime. That's honestly the fastest way I can think of to pass all the spare time.

Unless this Celestial Being was some sort of horrible god who killed and slaughtered and did who knows what, I think I could grow to adapt. They bought the goods, so returns or regrets on their part if I'm not what they expected. Actually, if that's the case I better ask for a backup plan--maybe an "eternal sleep" switch or something like that, so if they get too annoying and won't let me go (or die) I'll just zzZZZzz to oblivion myself. Hmm, and some way to make them keep their word about it too. This is going to require more thought...but it's an interesting idea to entertain.

lychee and AliceShiki like this.
  18. Pope_of_floof

Pope_of_floof Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah no. Id rather kill myself and reincarnate as an actual pet than be treated as one when im human. And i dont do relationships. Especially not with a god. Im sorry but id ask for the room to be filled with weapons. I would never find happiness cause i dont like arrogant people. Even if its a facade i would still hate them.although i wont sit around i WILL try to either kill them or kill myself regardless on if they work or not.
    (I DO NOT WONT TO BE BOUGHT WITH ITEMS AND A ROOM LIKE A PLAYTHING >:0)
    And the thing is id probably accept being put in an infinite room where i can have anything i want in there. Except they demanded it. If they asked i would have said yes and if they werent arrogant i wouldve said yes.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    lychee likes this.
  19. Naruin

Naruin [Dada's New Employee][ex-NAH owner]

Reading List:
    Link
    The celestial is very hot right? yes yes? dun care 'bout the personality as long as he's hot! i have lotsa time to think of an escape plan anyways.. hundred years.. pretty sure i can be a god too!(wuxia novels as reference... ^^")

• What would you ask the Celestial to put in your room?
      • ingredients that never expire + complete kitchen showcase (cooking anything u like is the best~ me and my food forever~ #Foodie)
      • my laptop and tab + net ofcourse (everything's fine as long as i can read my novels!! *cough* maybe i should add universal translator too... not the google trans like translator but the fantasy like translators!!)
      • gym set... else i'll find myself slowly becoming a ball...
      • ahh! add two illusionary guys too(for something *cough*) and the celestial's body copy too! (gonna insert some ai chip in that~
    • How would you decorate it?
      • a comfy looking room with window-like walls that follows the rising and falling of the sun...
    • How would you spend your time in isolated confinement?
      • eat, read, sleep! *proud proud*
    • Could you ever find happiness in this sort of situation
      • somehow yes... a bit? for atleast few years.. ^^"

20. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nitpick: Animals include birds, mammals, lizards, insects, and arachnids!

AMissingLinguist likes this.