Discussion [Poll] Yuri, Yaoi, Everything or nothing ? Or Traps ?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Naraku, Feb 9, 2018.

?

So, what's your answer ?

1. Yaoi/BL

64 vote(s)
    30.3%
  2. Yuri

83 vote(s)
    39.3%
  3. Traps

41 vote(s)
    19.4%
  4. Everything (so open !)

34 vote(s)
    16.1%
  5. None, just full straight

56 vote(s)
    26.5%
  6. Hmm... I felt like I forgot a choice...

21 vote(s)
    10.0%
  7. Ah right. Non-humanoid creatures (Maybe I shouldn't put it...)

48 vote(s)
    22.7%
  8. Reverse traps (For Ai-Chan~)

31 vote(s)
    14.7%
  9. Food (why not ?)

25 vote(s)
    11.8%
  10. In the end, the title has no links with a lot of the choices...

15 vote(s)
    7.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. natsume142

natsume142 だが、断る

Reading List:
    Link
    I am usually a BL reader but if there are a solid awesome yuri then I would read it. also for the normal stuff

2. hypercylon22

hypercylon22 Actually a Burrito

Reading List:
    Link
    Where's yaoi/yuri rape for us gentle ladies :V

3. Raidou99

Raidou99 [The Forgotten]

Reading List:
    Link
    I detest both

Parpaing likes this.
  4. My Pen is Mightier Than Swords

My Pen is Mightier Than Swords ["Questioning the firmament"]

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't read either, don't care if everyone else reads it bit not my cup of tea.

5. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    And homosexual men don't act the way yaoi depicts them. And both men and women don't act the way depicted in most hetero romances novels. And traps are... I don't actually know any traps in real life. Or do I? :hmm:

Funny how it works, though. It's almost like romance isn't meant to be realistic.

Donutmindme, lyn, AliceShiki and 2 others like this.
  6. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Remember, Bestiality starts with Best for a reason. :blobshh:

Chrono Vlad and Naraku like this.
  7. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Your comments are always appreciated ! :blobthinkingsmirk:

AliceShiki and elengee like this.
  8. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly I can read pretty much anything, I've tried a bit of everything.

My conclusion is that no relationships/romance at all is the preferred. (Daoist Gu, Chronicles of Primordial Wars, Instant Kill, maybe some other.)

That said, harems are still a bit of a guilty pleasure even though I think they're usually bad. A perfect example is HJC, harems just never happen 'naturally', either the girls just inexplicably fall in love with the MC (a la JP isekai harem trash), or the author just come up with random BS excuses with forced situations that lead to it happening.

I guess LLS is pretty much the only exception, as the MC is aiming for it from the very start and always flirt with all girls, even ones he don't want to pick up.

Naraku likes this.
  9. Parpaing

Parpaing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yes, don't worry, I say that I don't read Yaoi because I'm not gay, that's just the baseline, I'm sure if I were to actually read one, I'd find many of the same grievance I have with Yuri, though it might take a bit more time for me to spot patterns of female writers wank since I have only read the most popular female-authored novels. About the straigth relationships, I don't believe I have read a single light novel whose sole focus was romance, except perhaps a few chinese novels, which did not exactly show anything about the relationship itself, just that they loved eachother and are idealised character which sometime come too close to being cliché, traps well, let's just say they're a mythological creature so my own life experience can't tell me anything's wrong with them unless they're badly done.
    I agree with your facts but disagree with your conclusion, it's just that light novels are written by people with zero life experience, meaning they can't help but invent EVERYTHING and can't base their story on anything else but their fantasies, if you read professional novels you'd see that the romance part would be much more realistic, taking Fifty Shades of Grey as an example, yes, those characters are archetypical, almost stereotypical but their interactions are mostly grounded in reality, and let's not forget this is a female wank author.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  10. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, even gay men wouldn't be that into BL, cause it's written to cater to the female fantasy. I think gay men's preference would be rather different, especially after seeing what some of them prefer to read on myreadingmanga. Anyway, I voted for yaoi, but I also enjoy the straight novels. I could read yuri cause I don't feel my sexuality threatened by it (lmao), but it's rather boring to me cause there are no guys to drool over.

11. RizYun

RizYun #Kaffee4Laifu

Reading List:
    Link
    Rev-trap = Tomboy. They're more cuter that some 'white lili' or 'green tea' beach lel

12. Dahksahna

Dahksahna Kah rahna Dahksahna hahla

Reading List:
    Link
    Am straight as an arrow but am a fujoshi.....it happens

13. Deleted member 37987

Deleted member 37987 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm surprised the number of vote for yuri actually surpasses yaoi.

Honestly as much as I've read at least BL novels have their worth but I've only ever seen really tame and generic novels that had yuri, so I've always thought it's pretty much a kinda boring thing because of my generalisation.

14. Dahksahna

Dahksahna Kah rahna Dahksahna hahla

Reading List:
    Link
    I love yaoi but hate yuri I've literally ban that genre of my NU page

15. Fluffums

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read a few professional romance novels. I will maintain that most of them are still unrealistic. I have no knowledge whatsoever about Fifty Shades of Grey aside from it starting as a Twilight fanfic and having BDSM themes - neither of those facts interested me so I never read it, but I've actually never heard anything positive about the writing at all before. Hearing someone say the interactions are realistic is intriguing and I'll take your word for it, but it's still pretty rare in the Romance genre.

AliceShiki and Astaroth like this.
  16. Vanagandr

Vanagandr [ Outer God ] [ Sleeping ]

Reading List:
    Link
    YURI FTW!!! :blobnosebleed:
    but where is the apache helicopter?? :blobfearful:
    why no apache helicopter in the poll?? :blobfearful:

17. Parpaing

Parpaing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright I'm fearing a misunderstanding here, so I'll just ask : What exactly do you call unrealistic in romance ?

18. Fluffums

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, an idealized version of reality. Something that could only happen to one in a million couples, an overly perfect lover with an overly ordinary main character, too many coincidences happening that all push them together, having literal angels or cupids or gods helping the couple get together, any one of those things. Those are all unrealistic.

It's not bad that they're unrealistic. It's just how the genre is. Fantasy is fantastic, Science Fiction has technology that doesn't exist, and Romance is romantic. A novel can be based on reality, but it's not as interesting of a story if it's something that happens all the time to people you can find anywhere.

AliceShiki likes this.
  19. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Dunno where you took that about yuri being written by men that are fulfilling their fantasies, most yuri I have read was made by girls.

I also dunno where you took it that is written by amateurs, since most yuri I read was by professionals...

And they were as realistic as any shoujo manga, or rather, they were more realistic, as there wasn't a bland and perfect Male Lead for the MC to fawn over.

I think you just found some terrible yuri novels and had some bad experience with it. Probably because you searched the wrong places though.
    Please provide sources for that, which authors did you read interviews with, which ones do you personally know, or rather... Provide the name of some authors you know.

Because this is the most ridiculous statement I have seen on NUF in a long long time.

Naraku likes this.
  20. Night Ghost

Night Ghost Well-Known Ghost Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where the hell is MILF ? This poll is incomplete without MILF choice