Discussion Popular Novels Being Copied to Wattpad Without Proper Credits

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by charioles, Dec 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sumguy

sumguy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1) wwwwwwww, if you would actually look at reality and the actions done by actual authors, you'd actually noticed how shit works. Do you even LOOK at the references I made? These people are not authors I personally know. Gasps, these authors MUST be secretly working for me, wwwwwww Look up the authors I referenced, maybe you'd learn a thing or two.

2) wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, which part of "literally can't communicate" can't you understand? Wait, do you even know how to navigate foreign websites? There is a difference between "hard to get permission" and "can't get a working communication period".

3) wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, and you complain about others not understanding a point. Wow, absolutely wow. You wanted THE AUTHORS to get someone to be the one to seek free services, when said free service is already scarce enough when the service provider get free choices.

And god damn, no shit you need actual lawyers, but for ignorant scums like you, BASIC RESEARCH isn't that hard when you try to argue a point. Did you even talked to a lawyer in regards to these laws? Are you a rights holder that had to send out a notice to take down shit that you've the rights to? Did you have to spend enough time going through some cases to make sure you don't accidentally commit perjury? Did you go out of your way to explain to someone who was violating your rights as a rights holder and what can and can't do with your work? Sorry armchair general scumgle, you don't have that experience or even the most basic of knowledge in this case, cause otherwise, you would be saying half the shit you are saying. The proof is in the pudding really, look up the wolfofmibu site and try to look up EC chapters on there, see if you can access it. The owner of the site was amiable about taking it down after I contacted them, had the owner been someone like you, I'd just take it to court and seek statutory damage + attorney fee as opposed to actual damage regardless, but this is once again, something completely out of your depth as you are probably absolutely clueless on the differences or even their actual meaning in legal terms. Of course, from the attitude and amiable exchange with the owner of the site, I never had to take such an action even though I was quite frankly able to do so.

-----------------

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, wow, your mental gymnastic is GREAT. I mean, had the sentences right next to each other, talk about 'wonderful' comprehension ability and 'profound' ability to ignore one's own fault, bravo, bravo, that willful ignorance must truly be bliss.

The hypocritical part is "Not judging" and then in the same paragraph calling others "thieves".

The only thing you are apt is being full of hot air, maybe you should actually go talk to a lawyer. Hell, why don't you become a rights holder of something. With the amount of shit you are writing, you can indeed become a fiction writer as someone mentioned above (I guess tabloid writer might fit too)! Also, talking about the industry, you are quite literally an outsider that have no clue. Did you know that quite a few fan translator actually became hired at certain publishers? Harming the industry in the long run? Do you even KNOW how the industry work?

There are so much problems facing the industry that even professionals can't resolve, the reluctant reliance on translators, sorry, "thieves" (wwwwww) to grow the market is one of the realities of the industry. As a business, it's the publishers' goal to maximize profit. Try doing that when a foreign work no one knows about and see how that's work out for you. Even in the more conservative, conventional publishing route of localizing best sellers (in the native market), quite a few tanked oversea. Did you talk to publishers before? Did you do ANY research? Did you go through contract agreements and look at the options at the table? Did you compare traditional publishing vs self publishing? Did you talk to authors that do self publishing? I'd honestly be surprised if you say yes to any single of these questions (for the record, I did everything above, even had a certain friendly author shared her sales data with me)

You might want to take a look at the "free advertisement" thread, cause you'd find that I'm a pretty ardent defenders of rights holders. But there's an itzy bitzy problem, it involve the troublesome thing known as the working reality as opposed to your ignorant, delusional lalaland.
    It would be wonderful if the markets are somehow completely isolated and somehow we still have a healthy demand for translated works, but we don't. I can't speak for publishers since they have their own way of doing assessment+business, but I can speak for myself when I looked at the options of going the self-publishing route after finding out the pittance I'd get otherwise going the conventional route (which, I don't blame the publisher at all for, since that's the reality of the market). I have a chance of turning a profit, but I'd have to put in a lot of work for that chance (updating the writing style for one, certain older writing styles doesn't age well), and it isn't even guaranteed as opposed to holding a day job.

Your armchair general ability is really, really amazing, was I right in my estimate of your age btw? I didn't get an answer to that. Cause if I was right, I can just dismiss your nonsense right here. It'd be one thing if this shit is from someone that have experience in the field, but it's quite obvious you've no experience whatsoever or know half the shit you are talking about. If I nailed it on the age as well, then I'll just let reality smack you upside the head when you get into the workforce. :)

2. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    Quoting Lu Bu from Dynasty Warriors: "They are worse than scum." Whenever I use external images, I give credit to where I got it from, along with its details.

3. Brungles

Brungles Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all your W key seems to be stuck, maybe try buying a new keyboard with all the donations you get by translating. I really didn't bother reading most of what you said due to you being a moron who doesn't know how to read but you have an obvious mistake in the very first paragraph, I never even implied that authors were working for you. As for authors getting people to translate, it wouldn't be that hard to make a separate email for it or just use a simple filter, well maybe it would be for you since you seem to be of such limited intelligence but for a regular person writing a story it would probably be fairly easy. The rest of your dumb little opinion I didn't read. I can tell that you are closed minded and diluded about your community and so you lash out to try and distract the conversation, this is normal when talking to apologists for things that are clearly wrong. All you are doing at this point is calling names, your points have been refuted and so now you have no other course of action other than to aggressively insult those who disagree with your immoral way of thinking. I can tell that further communication with such a childish. irrational, and all around unpleasant person would be useless. So good luck continuing your activities defending thieves, just know that no matter how you spin it you are just shooting yourself in the foot. XD

P.s. The word thief is not a pejorative, the response you feel from that word is your own fault, sorry if you don't like an accurate definition because of the purely negative connotations you ascribe to it, lol.

4. sumguy

sumguy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wwwwwwwwwww, poor armchair general scumgle, completely out of his depth. wwwwww = japanese version of the lol. The "secretly working for me" was sarcasm since you are under the delusion that only the authors I work with has that opinion of translator. Did you look up takayama at all? Do you even know who she is? Have you ever read the author comments on syosetu? The complete BS you are spewing, why don't you ask anyone else? Why you go and ask authors on looking for translators? Hell, ask a chinese author if you think it's so easy, we can wait :D You didn't read because your delusional mind is saving yourself from a mental collapse. tl;dr version of it is that you are some kid with no life experience or any experience in the field trying to argue with someone that already went through the complete legal prep for protecting his rights. In case you forgot, I OWN the rights to the works, meaning it wouldn't even be considered donation, I can claim it as straight profit. wwwwwwwwwww But I don't do that, because I still don't know if I want to pursue self-publishing fulltime. I even took away the sponsor-donation button and patreon because I didn't feel like it was justify with the rather leisurely pace I take with it.

Let's see, my opinion is shaped by a qualified lawyer who provided me with some reading materials to go through in case I did need to launch a legal action against someone who did violated my rights. The fact that I can actually read what foreign authors say independent of myself. The fact that I actually worked with authors in both chinese and japanese. The fact that I actually did the homework necessary for publishing one of the works in english. What is your opinion shaped by again? Oh right, ignorance, delusion and from the look of it, narcissism. Maybe you should actually read the shit in detail and look up authors and references made, it's not hard... okay, maybe too hard for the likes of a scum, maybe get a lawyer to explain it to you~ Do you have an older relative? They might be able to help~

Ah, right, I'm a "thief" even though I literally own the rights to the works I'm translating. The website/publisher 17k worked with the "thief" Ren to get MGA published in english and the other works in negotiation. How DARE a publisher work with a thieving fan translator that is translating because he loves the foreign works, how DARE a publisher reward and encourage fan translations, how DARE a publisher repeat this process with precedence with decades of history, how DARE publisher deal with the working reality and completely ignore the feeble delusion of some kid with no understanding of or experience in the industry. *roll eyes*

Give it a rest kid, come talk again when you've become an author, the rights holder of something, or got some actual experience under your belt instead of the rather wasted mandatory education you'd received.

5. Brungles

Brungles Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry bud I'm not going to bother reading what you have to say, you've shown you're an angry reactionary childish moron, I have no interest in further communication with you.

6. remy911

remy911 ┗|`o′|┛ Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Locking this thread as it's beyond saving. Be happy I didn't delete your posts.
    Start a new thread if anyone wants discuss the topic civilly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.