LCD Possessing Nothing

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If this novel continues will there be a Patreon for Possessing Nothing? I'll join a Patreon for advance chapters long as prices are reasonable, but in principle I don't do sponsored chapters.

Isaic and anonnovelupdates like this.
  2. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Since I just fired a translator, I have to readjust my schedule

3. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel on Comrademao is nearly impossible to understand for normal person, but luckily my MTL reading skills is high enough to barely understand it.

However, this novel MC, is the fucking worst as he cries and cries every time someone call him weak or not having talent, why is he so prideful of himself that he feel it is an insult to be called weak? Sure the first few times I get it hurts, but after hundreds of people that are genius calling talentless, he should just accept it and use any means to make up on his lack of talent. I feel like his lack of talent does not stem from his body or intelligence, but his moronic personality and they are praising him for being a moron as well.

His suffering is laughable because it is all self-inflicted as his pride can't stand that he is weak and without talent, he has greed for growth, but without a plan for it, and he don't understand how to use opportunity or is too cautious to take it.

Man if Subaru from Rezero was the MC he probably would take less then 3 years to be the most OP person in this story compare to this guy that only train like an idiot with no time management skills.

4. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    If you don't have talent just training for 3 years wouldn't make you OP, so I doubt it. The geniuses are training as well, from childhood to the present. Even without hard core hell training such individuals will advance faster than those who work themselves to death. That's the difference between those with and without talent the novel tries to show us.

The mc is lucky and hardworking, but it's realistic that he always feels the gap. Any novel with a protagonist claiming to have no talent, but soon becoming the strongest like it's nothing aren't realistic in the slightest. Unless of course they have some OP system to make up the gap. Such characters were always talented, but lacked opportunities is how I see it.

I haven't read past the translation so I don't know what happens, but three years after regressing the mc, with all his hard work and opportunities, is as strong as I'm willing to believe you can get without a OP system or cheat. Anything more is BS.

5. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I think xianxia has made readers impatient and normalized ridiculousness.

anonnovelupdates and Overclock like this.
  6. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    I have to agree. There are some reviews and comments complaining about the novel is shit because the mc isn't OP day 1 and just regressing should make him above others.

chomer and anonnovelupdates like this.
  7. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Power comes in many forms and the way to aquire them is not always the same.

The guy does not have to be a genius to be a God, but just learn how to apply his ability well on what he have as his luck more then makes up for his lack of talent.

In fact he such an idiot that he keep worrying about useless thing and not focus on the means to get stronger despite having it as his goal and the means to become the strongest.

As he got an exclusive cash shop that can get any material wants to get stronger and he is strong enough to make alot of money of mercenary work. So he only need to focus on money to buy potions or skill from his exclusive cash shop then go to Mush Mountain to quickly train any skill he wants quickly. If wants to obtain experience just go duel random strong individuals with safety artifacts on to keep him from dying or heck maybe his cash shop butler can introduce him to a training partner to help iron out his skill.

However, he wasted years on his own lack of talent, and train like an idiot for no reason other then he is more stupid than a normal person by at least five times.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  8. anonnovelupdates

anonnovelupdates Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the mountain of msh (or whatever the name was) is a training opportunity not afforded most people. he actually does get some OP powerups. it's just that, like someone earlier in the thread wrote, he still feels the gap between geniuses and himself despite his hard work.

9. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes there is a gap, but the gap is kept like this by his utter stupidity as he does not think of what he have and instead focus on hard work instead of producing more result from that hardwork then just working hard for the sake of working hard.

The MC already have the mean to be the best there could be in fact it is like the Universe is throwing every fucking treasure at his face, but his personality is just so terrible that even the average intelligence person can figure out how to put a piece of a puzzle together in ten seconds he will take ten years.

10. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Can he return to Mush for training, or do you just think he can? It didn't seem like he could. Also, he'll have to stay for a long time to get any effects, so no he can't quickly train something up and master it. He never even mastered the skills he had, only the basic spear movements. Not even the spear technique redesigned to fit someone without talent. If he really got a technique on par or above his spear technique there's no garentee he'll be able to learn it.

Mush isn't just about how many penalties you take, but how long he stays. That's why if you aren't staying very long it's not worth much. And he'll have to take worse penalties as he know knows he can handle them, so it isn't suffering anymore. Point is going to Mush isn't worth it if you aren't planning to stay for months and years, and without talent he won't see amazing results unless it's years. And of course to do that he'll have to abandon his future knowledge/opportunities.

anonnovelupdates likes this.
  11. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope he could return to Mush and it is about how many penalty because the more penalty one place on themselves the more reward they will get. So he will be able level even faster with more penalty. So six months in Mush mountain with 7 or more penalty is worth more then his three years of being there. Also the mage girl Scarlett said if she was to return then the penalty will get re-imposed on him. So yes he can return and take on more penalty to get even quicker speed up and with the black heart he can get perfect efficiency for potions plus it helps him Regen as well. His knowledge of the future is utter garbage anyway as he only know as much as the average grunts and it is because of his knowledge that he is almost close to dying several time and only get save by plot armor. Also doesn't he have an information systems from the cash shop to get what he wants what point is his knowledge anyway as he fucks the future further? So him staying in the mountain is probably a better use of his future knowledge because it won't be screwed up by him for messing with the future he knows going around the world.

Plus, spoiler alert, the fucking dumbass stay three years in the Shaolin Fucking Temple to train some stupid skill outside of the mountain.

If the author threw away one of the three gifts given to him yes I agree that his hardwork would amount to nothing even if he went back to Mush mountain and the portray would fit your interpretation, but no... He gave him enough and he is just being a dumbass for plot.

12. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    It's about suffering too. It's why light penalties like talking aren't as good as taste or dreams going bad. And it can't be 6 months with 7 penalties is that effective. How long you endure is a factor as well. And was he training alone, or someone was helping him or sparing with him. If he had guidance that trumps training alone till he hits the next bottle neck which would have probably been coming soon. And his fight with the little girl helped him learn that one technique that powered up his spear or something. Training alone or not enraging in life and death fights has limits, so Mush isn't a cheat to get around all that.

13. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes it can be that effective because those penalty he have aren't light penalty because I can list them here, Heavy, Hearing, Sight, Taste, Dreams, and Voice. As he doesn't just lost them, but also get the worst effects of them to maximize his suffering.

How did you think he went from second rate to Apex in three years with his garbage no talent?

He lost most of his senses except touch and despite having nightmare for two years he can't stop screaming after waking up so he is still suffering alright, but is still able to endure it.

The seventh penalty can be the lost of touch and he can use this to train his sixth sense then the next penalty could be balance or even the lost of one of his limbs. There are plenty of brutal penalties one can choose from that can be very effective.

So yes seventh heavy penalty for six month will be more useful to him then three years outside no matter what.

14. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Voice is light. Especially when he had no one to talk to.

And he needs more knowledge about Ki since one person is telling him he might become a cripple if he doesn't do something with his Ki Circulation.

15. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes voice is lighter than the others, but since he is constantly screaming waking up from a nightmare I don't see it as not suffering. Plus he can still add more harsher penalty to increase his suffering and get more reward.

He can just ask his cash shop information network on how to fix it as I am sure his cash shop that has gods as clients can fix his problem easily provided he pay. So he did not need to spend three years outside even if he needed to know he had a problem first, but to stay three years outside is simply wasting useful time for training.

16. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Combat experience is more important. Just mindlessly training has limits. And info or a treatment like that is probably expensive. And he doesn't have much money on him, so he's limited with what he can do with the shop.

17. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Combat experience is gain as part of the course, as he will Hunt as mercenary to get money, but it will also gain him combat experience, use that money to get potion or a treatment method, etc, go back to the mountain train rinse and repeat or grinding as gamers call it. But as for the shop... I don't think they shown a limit that he can't use it this way. As it is not directly interfering with other members.

18. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Combat experience with people, not just monsters. Preferably masters of various fields. He really shouldn't be using Mush as a crutch. If he can't advance without it he's doomed to fail if he can't grasp his own way to improve. And if Mush is such a cheat more people would be training there, especially those trying to reach godhood and are willing to endure it's harsh conditions. I'm sure there's a limit and it isn't the cheat you think it is. I doubt it's that great because as I said he never mastered any of his skills and the mc basicly achieved enlightenment during his stay but failed to do so.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  19. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is that great for no talent garbage like him, he isn't even an Apex when he entered, but when he left he was and his skill were all raise as well. Seriously why are you so hung up on him not master any skill there? As he is a garbage no talent so even with the mountain he can't have raise his speed that much especially since he had to get use to living on the mountain. But it should be more then sufficient for him to get close to mastering his skills compare to just training outside.

The place is probably useless to those who reach Godhood, but for garbage like him who can't even go beyond Apex it is a treasure unlike any other because the people there were already Apex level or above so it is such a cheat, but few are willing to put up with the penalty or can survived in that mountain. Did you forget that?

Also Combat experience fighting monster is probably more useful at the moment because he should learn how to get use to his skills than fighting with master that will treat him like a child. Maybe after he knows himself more he maybe have a better chance of not getting treated as a joke.

20. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Possessing Nothing has been dropped. A translator quit so this novel was sacrificed.
    Apologies for the inconvenience.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019