Discussion Post your City Situation here. (CoViD19 lockdown)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by prongsjiisan, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Chiiiiiiiii

Chiiiiiiiii >Daoist Thirteen Bears< >Hero Astral Saber<

Reading List:
    Link
    Both, because there may have a wave of suicides again (since it's supposed to be almost or as big as the crash of 29), famine, great number of unemployed people (by the statistics for USA it should be almost 30%, so one can have a ideia how it could be in other countries) and rising of violence = more lost lives, and for a long period at that....... maybe even some crazy countries might try having a go at war... or maybe conquering a country from the inside..... who knows?
    My country is the country of bureaucracy, nothing goes fast as it should, and we also have awful politicians at that (probably many just vote on those guys because they are the ones with most ads or because of some brainwashed ideology which seems like most of those politicians that fight for that don't actually do...... yep, we ain't that far from China at that).

2. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    New Zealand Day 6: 647 total cases

600 confirmed
    47 probable
    14 in hospital
    74 recovered
    1 death

I'm not sure why NZ is so lax about it. The people, not the government. I guess it's because we're only looking at the number and not the % - Technically we're keeping pace with the UK on a per capita basis. That's not a good thing for a country with just under 5 million people. It's actually a terrible record.

3. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    Indonesia formally lock their airport for foreign flight. Wich is too late. And many city or district start to lockdown their own. Ignoring president advice to not lockdown.

I guess we'll change our government after this pandemic over.

Only if we survived this pandemic.

On plus side the air is fresh here in Jakarta. Enjoy it guys.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  4. ACTS1966

ACTS1966 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok so I got a dog right, and I walk it everyday and I swear the amount of people walking dogs has multiplied since the covid-19 outbreak.
    People out here running and cycling and shit, its wacky man.
    Plus they always walk in groups of two or three, it feels like opposite day everyday when you look at shit other folk are going through.
    It might be because I live in a shitty village in Scotland but idk what the actual panic of the pandemic is like.

5. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    I went out today for the first time in the nissan. Hubby got made redundant so he needed to take in his work vehicle and stuff, I got to drive the four wheel drive into the country where he needed to drop off his work vehicle. Good Riddance, I say, it's time to stay home anyways and stay healthy. We have always lived 'below' our means so we will be okay for a while. :)

It was weird driving out, almost like a zombie apocalypse setting. ^.^ It felt like the Sunday morning after a big carnival the night before. It was busier in the country, on the way in to town the streets were mostly deserted. Every so often you will see a parent walking a child in a pram, or a person walking their dog, or a person jogging. There was a line outside for a supermarket where people were maintaining social distancing etiquette. It was eerie seeing the fast food joints like McDonalds and KFC closed.

We almost got hit on a roundabout as two idiots in a people mover raced into and off the roundabout, way over the speed limit. Good thing Hubby is a good driver or we would have been hit badly.

The craziest thing I saw was this one guy, standing in the empty lot of the vet's where I take my dogs, just standing there in his jeans....long scraggly hair, barefoot and tanned...just looking up into the sun like a rejected messiah. We drove past him on the way in and then on the way out and he was still in the same position. >_>

I thought we would see more of a police presence, but there was surprisingly none that I could see. I commented to my hubby, that I was expecting more crazy people wearing weird get up (I was hoping to see some of that) and he informed me that you see that more towards the end for the day. Wonder why?

Also....and this is me and my polyamorous side showing...I wonder what people are doing behind those closed doors. :blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpeek: Nothing like the presence of death to spice up life. :cookie:

6. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Femme Fatale

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh? What freaked you out? Jesus in a campervan or my polyamorous musings? ^.^

8. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    BOTH...:ROFLMAO:

9. Femme Fatale

Reading List:
    Link
    Hubby has poly friends that are all holed up together, that has gotta be an interesting place to be right now. ^.^ You would never know it by looking at people what things they get up to behind closed doors. :D:D:D:D

10. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh My FSM!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

prongsjiisan and Femme Fatale like this.
  11. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    New Zealand Day 7: 708 total cases.

647 confirmed
    61 probable
    16 in hospital
    82 recovered
    1 death

Already heard a few neighbours arguing around me. Only been a week and people are already losing their shit. Divorce lawyers in for a great time I guess?

12. Femme Fatale

Reading List:
    Link
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    This is why you need to step out into the sun Mr Cthulhu. So much to see and do.
    :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

imK, prongsjiisan and userunfriendly like this.
  13. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Um..nope. Genuine terror is suburbia.:blobfearful:

14. Clozdark

Clozdark "Kuma chan \(≧◡≦)/ "「airhead」「nonsense speaker]

Reading List:
    Link
    yup,as today I already acquired all obtainable weapon I will keep my head down until the foods runs out.

15. Femme Fatale

Reading List:
    Link
    Mmm...just remember, whatever weapons you have can be used against you if you don't know or have the commitment to use them at the required time....having a weapon doesn't make you safe...that's my experience.

I have Laverne (red bat) and Shirley (black bat) cause I had two soldier friends that taught me how to use it....and other reasons. >_>

I really do suggest having an escape route or hidey hole instead....even a rendezvous point for if you get lost from your family or things seriously hit the fan. As @prongsjiisan says, stay low key. Better to blend in like camouflage than have to actually engage anyone in combat.

Take care. XXOO

16. brigs11

brigs11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Asian American here. I never thought I would seriously ever consider owning a gun as I felt perfectly safe in my city but the recent news about asians being attacked in the US has spooked me. Unfortunately we're in lock down right now so I have to make do with a maglite, tazer, and pepper spray. I'm arming myself ASAP when shelter in place ends.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  17. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    :notlikeblob:

Femme Fatale likes this.
  18. Chiiiiiiiii

Chiiiiiiiii >Daoist Thirteen Bears< >Hero Astral Saber<

Reading List:
    Link
    Brazil
    6836 cases
    240 deaths

ES (my state) still 3º week of loose social distancing
    120 cases
    0 deaths
    The bar downstairs were closed.:blob_coughblood:
    Bandits started to get active again and are well protected against the virus by using mask! How did they get mask? I don't find it anymore!!!:blobangery:
    Some people went crazy and started to act violent (they've already had a historic of domestic violence, but being trapped at home for such a long time it got worse):notlikeblob:

Femme Fatale likes this.
  19. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Ai-chan is in Mont Kiara, Malaysia.

Ai-chan's dude went out to buy some veges at the supermarket this morning. Surprise! There isn't much stuff. And it's only morning. Ai-chan doesn't know if they will restock at noon but if it's like this in the morning, maybe it will get worse in the evening. Sure, it's sufficient. Like, chicken, crab, beef and fish are still there. Blood cockles, squids and mussels are nowhere in sight.

Some sections of the supermarket are cordoned off, most of which were non-essential sections, probably because they didn't want to keep disinfecting those places every morning. Many of the packaged instant food sections such as sausages, nuggets and meatballs are almost empty. Icecreams are also surprisingly empty, which is strange.

The good news is, toilet paper of all kinds are still there, mostly because we don't care about toilet papers all that much since we use water. Canned food are still sufficient, not as many as before the lockdown, but still acceptable. Flour and rice stocks are still plenty. Cat food is somewhat lacking, not sure if they don't stock it or people are panic buying cat food. Vegetables are lacking, with only one variety of mushroom, 3 varieties of leafy greens and very few packaged mixed greens. Milk and all kinds of drinks are still aplenty but snacks such as Pocky are severely lacking. Eat actual food, people! Also, it seems like instant noodles are still plenty, so that's good news.

There is a limit of 60 customers in the supermarket now, which although may sound restrictive, isn't really too bad. Since now that only one person may be in one car at any given time, and only one person may go out to buy foodstuff, it's not too bad. It simply means that only 60 families may purchase stuff at any given time. A good thing is that now people are being taught to not cut lines.

20. Femme Fatale

Reading List:
    Link
    What a coincidence! I wasn't going to write about this but after reading your post I feel inspired to share too. :)

My hubby went out today as well to get groceries, my daughter and his mom were in the car with him. Our daughter is a teenager so she's getting antsy and stressed with all this isolating business, I thought going out to see the world would be healthy for her. She's also a very talented, budding writer and well, experiences are important for a writer to collect. Whatever we think about this time in history, it's a fascinating experience for someone to absorb for writing later.

Anyhow, they wouldn't allow the three of them to go into the shop together. Only one person per car was allowed on the line. As my hubby said, but his mom was shopping for herself. They would not budge on those rules and wouldn't explain them either to him. The lines were super long, so they went to another supermarket....and the lines there were even longer with the same rules. SMH. Hubby went into a specialty Asian shop and there were less people in the queue so he went in and got a few things. Hubby is blond and gray eyed, but he is so comfortable in ethnic specialty shops, it is amusing to see the surprise on a clerks face when he just walks up and has all sorts of herbs and whatnot in his trolley like he's always eaten these foods. XD

All the shelves were stocked fine, he said. He shopped and walked out....the lines at the supermarket had only moved like three people. With lines going half way around the block, I can see people getting impatient and annoyed beginning to happen soon. Everyone is still polite and keeping their social distance, there is plenty on the shelves and some other types of retailers are allowed to open but online deliveries only (electronic shops mostly), but NZers don't like to waste time or wait around unnecessarily. We can be a restless bunch of folk and it feels like a soup in a pot that is just beginning to simmer somewhere in the background. So even though nothing is bubbling over just yet, and everything looks to be in order, does that mean it will remain that way?

I'm glad it's not my responsibility to keep this soup from boiling over the pot. I doubt any of us want to clean up after that mess if it happens.

Blitz, prongsjiisan and Ai chan like this.