Resolved Potential Virus

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by Vashta, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Vashta

Vashta Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ok i use my ipod touch to view these sites and ive been having troubles with ads that change the site im viewing! ive noticed it only ever happens when the site is using this ad that drops down from the top of the screen! its in a grey box with a button on the bottom in the center shaped like an = sign and a report ad button in bottom right! the reason i feel this is the problem is ive had it pop up on 3 translator sites and only those three would have these virus like ads pop up that sent me to a different site as well as flood my previous site button to the point it takes like 20 clicks on it to get back! not to mention the sites are fishy sites talking about free gifts for being a walmart user which i have no clue what its talking about

2. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    .....what site? If you are referring to the translation websites, Novel Updates (NU) does not manage how those sites are run or the advertisements that they have on their site. If so, direct your complaint to said site owners of administrators so they can resolve your problem. If you're reporting a potential malicious website listed on NU, at least give us the URL or their names.

MangoGuy likes this.
  3. Vashta

Vashta Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if it happens again ill try to do all that but the whole reason i posted it here is to let others know! plus i cant stay on those sites because of these ads so i cant even attempt to let them know so i did the next best thing and that was let others know and perhaps someone else can let them know

4. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You have not answered my question yet. What sites?

I'm not asking for links or the specific URL, just what sites you're talking about. It's good that you want to let others know, but you're not helping anyone if you're not going to say it straight what and whom you're referring to.

runsing likes this.
  5. Vashta

Vashta Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sorry my apologies there were quite a few, i don’t remember them all, i just remember that one was the newest translater sad hoovy’s for “master of monsters” or “monster no goshujin-sama” i believe another was a couple of the older translators for “traveling back and forth between earth and another world” but like i said there were others and i also cant remember the names for the second group