Spoiler Pouring Money Into the Underdog Mercenaries / 밑 빠진 용병대에 돈 붓기

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Macarol, Dec 11, 2021.

1. Macarol

Macarol Click on my signature for a surprise

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Summary:

Lee Ji-hyun, was lost in a snowstorm and rescued. But it was not Korea, no matter how you look at it! The most elite military group, the Nio Mercenaries, led by the strongest warrior Valdemar, saved Ji-hyun?! Ji-hyun decides to sell them her abilities to survive. "Don't you need one management mentor?" Indeed, Ji-hyun can find a way to save the Nio mercenaries and return home safely?

Novel raws: https://page.kakao.com/home/밑-빠진-용병대에-돈-붓기/51967218 / https://ridibooks.com/books/809028759 / https://m.series.naver.com/novel/detail.series?productNo=5652484
    Manhwa raws: https://m.series.naver.com/comic/detail.series?productNo=6744155

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
    Tiis_Ganda, its0k and your crush like this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. skytempest

skytempest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Titles: Pouring Money Into the Underdog Mercenaries, 밑 빠진 용병대에 돈 붓기
    Author: Chika (치카)
    Genres:
    Manhwa , Shoujo , Adventure , Drama , Fantasy , Historical , Romance
    Description: Lee Ji-hyun, was lost in a snowstorm and rescued. But it was not Korea, no matter how you look at it! The most elite military group, the Nio Mercenaries, led by the strongest warrior Valdemar, saved Ji-hyun?! Ji-hyun decides to sell them her abilities to survive. "Don't you need one management mentor?" Indeed, Ji-hyun can find a way to save the Nio mercenaries and return home safely?

Novel Raws: https://ridibooks.com/books/809028759,

https://page.kakao.com/home/밑-빠진-용병대에-돈-붓기/51967218

Does anyone have any novel spoilers for this? I just saw the first chapter of the manhwa today and it seems interesting.

4. joyfuldragon

joyfuldragon Stop re-reading, ur lists are piling up @ me

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers please :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

5. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel has 5 volumes and it’s complete.
    [Volume 1]
    Prologue
    Chapter 1. Snowy Fantasy
    Chapter 2. Low-wage contract management manager
    Chapter 3. Those who want to be moss-covered stones
    Chapter 4. Jakdu riding
    Chapter 5. Beyond the storm
    Chapter 6. Recruit's first experience
    Chapter 7. Even if you get caught by a ghost, you can live as long as you wield the light hook well

[Vol . 2]
    Chapter 8. The King and the Duke and the Mercenary and the Knight
    Chapter 9. The strongest mercenaries
    Chapter 10. Stylnault or Alien
    <Gaiden 1: Hilda> Walking Thunder

[Vol. 3]
    Chapter 11. The Siege of Fidestadt
    Chapter 12. The expansion of mercenaries
    Chapter 13. Cross the North Sea
    <Apocryphal 2: Heinrich> Some struggling weakling

[Vol. 4]
    Chapter 14. The Name of Order
    Chapter 15. Compagnia e Compagnia
    Chapter 16. Steel and Flame
    Chapter 17. Rain blue
    Chapter 18. Alien doctor?
    <Gaiden 3: Richard> Rider Romance

[Vol. 5]
    Chapter 19. The Eye of the Typhoon
    Chapter 20. Shaking Drakkar
    Chapter 21. beginning and ending
    climax.
    The story of the end and the beginning 1.
    The story of a day after Ji-hyun 2.
    The story of the mercenary without anyone 3.
    The story of a former mercenary 4.
    Waldemar is a Wetube?
    • From the reviews it looks like the novel is actually just a fantasy, there’s no much romance there. Reviewers say that publishers just slap Romance tag because the lead is female, but actually there’s like 3% of romance in the whole novel.
    • Some people mentioned that there’s some flirting between MC and Valdemar.
    • It was impossible to find who’s ML lead from reviews. It seems like he’s existing but there was little to none screen time left for the leads feelings. Some reviewers hoped that there will be side stories that are focused on romance more. But so far Ridibooks has only 5 volumes.
    • A few reviews mentioned that it’s a happy ending but a bit sad.
    • One reviewer mentioned the first letter of the ML’s name, but different translators give me different translations and some don’t even show the letter/symbol :( Papago: 으로. Google translate in browser:
      Google translate app: nothing.
      남주 이름은 ㅂ으로 시작합니다. 그리고 말투가..조금 특이해요. 그래서 전 1권에서 하차합니다...하인리히가 남주였다면 전권 달렸을텐데ㅠㅠ 그리고 책 가격도 좀 비싼 거 같아요.
      Anyways I thought that ML would be Valdemar because someone mentioned their flirting and someone who’s read only volume 1 has called him ML, but a lot of people mentioned other leads they’ve liked whose names in translation sounded like they are males, so I guess those who’ll stay for the 3% of romance will have a hard time waiting for the ML reveal.
    • The story is heavily focused on management and strategy, so some readers were unhappy about too many technical and financial details and tended to skip long parts with descriptions of the battles, others prized the author for a good research of the topic, because it was interesting for them to read.
    • Those who were unhappy technical details wrote that the author couldn’t break the circle of earning money - preparing for the war - battle - earning money again, so at some point the plot started feeling repetitive.
    • Reviews mentioned that the setting was inspired by the Northern European culture and history, some prized the author for a good research.
    • At some point a storyline twisted to a possible war between different dimensions. And in the context of Northern European setting I’m wondering if it could be related to Scandinavian mythology about Asgard, Odin, Thor etc. No one has mentioned it in reviews though.
    • In general people who’ve finished all volumes said it was a pleasant read, though some have mentioned a lack of editing and a lot of spelling mistakes in the last two volumes. So I guess MTLing last chapters might be challenging without actual knowledge of Korean language.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
  6. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Bump due to a recent mass update of the manhwa was finally able to read. Anyone willing to have a go with thism

7. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Series discussion

Yikes! I already expected the king was a red flag but to be in a hurry to conquer lands under the guise of letting the so called other nations to move first

8. KristinaMariaSara

KristinaMariaSara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the king is a "foreigner"?

9. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes? He's from a different world though compared to our world

10. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Bump. Any novel spoiler crumbs? The war is coming, granted civil war so far and not the groundbreaking interdimensional war so, any spoilers?

11. Nurahahaha

Nurahahaha Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just now I read only chapter 240 because I wanna know,

1. If Jihyeon is going back to 21st century Earth and,
    2. if Valdemar is the ML ^^

Now, we know there's not much romance in the story, right. So, honestly it's fine if there's no ML. But, I started reading this novel's manhwa adaptation and Jihyeon and Valdemar are kinda flirting and stuff, sooo, I was just hoping. No, actually I'm shipping, too. I ship them both so I had to know!

Anyway, here's the answer to the two questions:

1. Yes, Jihyeon went back to 21st century South Korea, and hilariously, Valdemar refused to let Jihyeon go, got dragged to 21st century South Korea, too. He literally hugged her while confessing, and they just blinked out of the world. This happened because the time machine(?) operator was miscalculating something. When countdown ended, and Jihyeon supposed to blink out, the machine actually needed 15 seconds more. Jihyeon broke down in shock, and Valdemar ran to Jihyeon. He then started confessing. But 15 seconds wasn't enough for one heartfelt confession, right, so halfway there, they just blinked out lmao. Imagine if the calculation wasn't wrong, tho. RIP their love. They love each other, too, but didn't confess because Jihyeon wanted to go back home. That homesick feeling was stronger than her love. In the end Valdemar sacrificed his place as the captain of the mercenary corps, and followed her... I hope it's worth it, Valdemar, my bro.

2. Yes, Valdemar is ML. Jihyeon confessed to Valdemar in 21st Century South Korea, idk how long after she got back. He obviously accepted. So, they're a thing in the end. I guess it's worth it in the end, huh?

Interesting tidbits: Valdemar woke up first, then Jihyeon second. He said it's been a while when they reunited, so she must have been out cold for more than a few days? Also, Valdemar is presumably naturalised to Jihyeon's world.

Another interesting tidbits: Apparently the authorities knew about schatilnaut(?) or outworlders, so it's safe to say Jihyeon isn't the first dimensional traveller. Jihyeon wasn't lying when she said this dimension travelling thing occasionally happened. This dimension travelling thing apparently happened way more often than it is in our world (by that I mean it never happened in our world, right? Lmao)

Do you want another spoiler? This one is BIG. It's about the final villain. Don't read if you don't like big spoiler that will ruin your plot twist and surprise. You have been warned, alright?

Vladimir, aka King Knutt. He's apparently a fake King Knutt. He Assassinated real Jarl Knutt, took his place, and became the King of Nio we know. People have sensed that he's a major red flag, and is a psycho, so it's no big surprise. However, it's still a big spoiler that will ruin your surprise moment.

That's all I got from chapter 240 on KKP. That's the end of main story, btw. There are some side story but I'm not reading them lol

Liliss and its0k like this.
  12. Liliss

Liliss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Were both the Rking and Fking from other dimensions?

13. Nurahahaha

Nurahahaha Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, Real Jarl Knutt wasn't from another dimension. He was a relatively unknown high noble of Nio. As in, his face wasn't very well-known. Only the fake Jarl Knutt, which later became King Knutt, was a dimension traveller from alternate universe's Russia. It's different from Jihyeon's world (it has different history)