LCD Praise the Orc!

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Spiritsong, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh boy... its a fun ride.

Is it just me, or did the author set up for potential "new game +" ?

and its now a "hunter in an apocalypse world" story.

2. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it seems like he left it open for a potential sequel :D

3. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    c1: Fantastic prologue.

C2: I love how decisive he is in abandoning what he'd just said, especially his reason for it.

C3: I wonder if he'll even be able to enter non-orc cities to find his sister.

C10: Well now, I wonder what she'll do when she finds out that he's not only playing her game, but as an orc of all things?

C11: She'd better work hard at either roping him into the company, or convincing him to not become a merchant ;)

C13: I'm getting Karrichwi flashbacks here ;)

Also, Yiyu wouldn't last five seconds as an orc. Its good that her friends talked her out of it.

C14: That's a pretty OP title to just be given for free.

C16: If he was holding a knife to the kid's throat, and the MC punched him so hard that he flew, then the kid's throat would have been cut.

C19: Sounds like that's a good example of what not to do ;)

C20: He's definitely going to regret trusting those players.

C24: “We can’t do that…” She owns the company right? I'm pretty sure they can do that, especially since he's 100% expendable. Whether or not there might be legal repercussions later is another thing though.

I get this strong feeling that Grom is leading them into a trap.

C27: Can't say I like the new name.

C30: I wonder what he would have done if she asked him out? ;)

Is there not a party system in this game? If there is, then they totally should have partied together.

C33: The Blacksmith Company should pay him for wearing that bandana ;)

He'll definitely be meeting that guard again, and I think he'll regret all that flattery when he does ;)

C36: How would the crowd read the book?

C37: I get the feeling that the mayor actually is guilty and was conspiring alongside Ilya because poor people aren't beautiful.

C38: Something tells me her dolls are people.

C41: Whatever happened to his sister? Didn't he join the game to protect her? Why hasn't he so much as asked her which city she's in?

C44: Wow, that's a long cooldown.

C45: So, the kids are smoking because they think it'll make them bald? Why don't they just buy a razor? Its faster, safer, less permanent and doesn't involve Chemo.

C50: Those aren't roleplayers, they're chuunis.

C53: Where is he going to store two extra sets of armor? I didn't think this game had an inventory?

C63: I really have to wonder what his problem is. I'd be shocked if he was a virgin, he hasn't got a girlfriend, and whoever it is that he's thinking about left him behind long ago.

C64: lol, and this is why real men are more careful about that sort of thing when they live with children, or those that they think of as children ;)

C66: Why is he so concerned about hiding his identity? I understood it when he was trying to surprise his sister, but it doesn't make much sense now. Well, not unless he's worried that Stella will sell him out to the media and that his in-game fame will translate into RL trouble anyway.

With that quest, I'm becoming more certain that Gordon (or whatever his name was) was the researcher that claimed to have created Albino. Though I also tend to think that Albino may be that shaman's wife.

I think I'd totally suspect that cow of being a Doppleganger if I were them.

C69: Why would he wait for it to be awake to hunt it? It would be much better to come and stab it to death a week or so before it wakes up. That way, even if something goes wrong, it'll still be groggy from sleep and quite weak from hunger. Hunting isn't about fairness after all. Anyone that tells you it is, is a bloody moron who's never even seriously thought about hunting anything in their life.

C70: Its stomach is its weakness? How the heck did it live so long with such a massive, and difficult to miss, weak spot?

C73: lol

C78: I keep expecting a system announcement about people being able to start in the North.

C79: That fight would have been much more believable if the MC had been riddled with crossbow bolts. As it is, I am once more reminded that the author has no idea what a greatsword looks like, or how hard it would be to use a one to block projectiles fired at knee height by multiple assailants.

C80: Seriously? After it was said that an epiphany was needed, I was really hoping that it would take a bit of time and effort for him to raise his skills above essence. At least on chapter each. I was really looking forward to finding out how he'd have an epiphany for something like Regeneration. The author might as well have said that they would all go up naturally when he leveled. It would be less insulting :/

C82: If he was firing to speed the MC up, then he'd have to be firing behind them. At the dark elf. Which would be stupid. As would firing the weapon at all when it drains him as much as it is purported to.

C83: Yeah, that sounds like terrible advice for someone in his position. Its the sort of advice that creates serial killers.

C84: Why did they start the fight with melee weapons? If they'd fired a hundred or so arrows at him (and his plot armor wasn't so thick), he'd definitely have died.

It feels like the author is bending over backwards to turn Anor into a hero in spite of the village's years of hard work to turn him into a monster.

C85: I get that its supposed to be symbolic and what have you, but it's still incredibly stupid to cut off you're own ears in the middle of a battle.

Also, why didn't he attack the shaman while his friend was dying? He might have been able to save him if he'd made himself a good enough distraction.

C86: They should have just been super happy that he didn't slaughter them all. Honestly, if he was always capable of that, and they knew it, then they're all suicidally stupid.

What happened to Crokta's extreme hatred of undead and necromancers? Didn't it used to make him go nearly berserk with rage when he saw an undead? Especially an orc undead? Are his morals so flexible? Where is the unyielding Crokta who always stands up for what he believes in regardless of the odds?

C88: So, where is Anor's undead horde? A necromancer is basically useless without one, and they've been fighting tons, so where is it? Or did he dissolve it because it would make him stronger, and possibly cooler, than the MC? Wtf is even the point of having a necromancer added to the party if the author is going to worry about that?

C89: So, the moral of the story is that the person deciding whether or not to kill their child is far more important than the child being killed. Gotcha.

C91: lol at everyone's reaction to his enlightenment ;)

C92: Yeah, I can totally understand why taking down your potential ally's defenses right before the war starts would be a super good idea.

Well, that's a depressing power, and yet another good reason why he shouldn't have destroyed the gate.

C93: I'll be shocked if that's not someone under the effects of mind control.

C94: You know, the necromancer could resolve this whole situation almost entirely by himself. Just raise all the dead and restrain the living while Crokta deals with the Magic Swordsman. Job done.

So, if the Magic Swordsman is as strong as Crokta (which they've gone to great pains to declare he is), then why didn't he just smash his way into City Hall? Crokta could do it easily and he doesn't even have magic or an army supporting him. I really wish the author would think about the OP cards he's given the various characters.

C95: Isn't it super convenient that Driden didn't try to break into City Hall until after Crokta had not only entered the town, but made his way into City Hall via a secret passage? I mean, its not like he could have started his assault with City Hall. Winning so quickly and efficiently without giving the MC a chance to stop him would be preposterous. Among cheesy, poorly written villains, it's simply not done! Just what would the other villains think if he actually fought in an intelligent manner?!

I assume that a similar reasoning is behind the whole garrison within City Hall not raining arrows down on him. After all, we wouldn't want anyone other than the MC to be disturbing the villain as he breaks into the "last stronghold of good" in the city. That would be far too sensible and proactive.

Similarly, we wouldn't want Driden's allies to be attacking the barrier alongside him, thus sparing some of his magical energy for the fight ahead where he'll definitely need it. Nor would we want there to be any mages among the elves to help out in the battle on either side. I mean, its not like magic is ubiquitous in this world, nor are elves absolutely famous for the quantity and quality of mages they produce. That'd be silly. It'd be like gnomes having more than one magic engineer in their capital city.

And I'm sure it was also applied to Tiyo not using General to snipe Aden in order to eliminate the rebellion's leader. Since that would have freed Driden (assuming he's being mind controlled), and removed the MC's ability to hog the glory.

C96: I kinda wish Tiyo would just go away. I've never liked mascot characters. They're both shallow and annoying. Same goes for the necromancer really. He never does anything and he'll never be allowed to do anything since it would be far to easy for him to overshadow Crokta if he did. So what's the point in him even being there?

C97: "When you kill the enemy, come back for revenge." What does that even mean? If you've killed the enemy, then they're dead and you have no basis for vengeance, nor any target for it without necromancy getting involved. Is this just a bad translation or what?

Well, at least he wasn't the one that drove Hurio insane. Then he'd really be a real politician. Honestly, I can understand Driden falling for that, but Crokta should have known better. He's dealt with enough politicians to know that just because it's written on paper, doesn't mean that it's true.

C99: Well, if they were NPCs then they could be respawned if the administrators felt like it, so that's one, very big difference.

C100: Its honestly becoming very hard to care about this series. I picked it up because I was under the impression that the MC wouldn't be the only special person in the world, but nope, anyone else that might have been special has been brain washed by the author into being a blood thirsty drone, or an ineffectual idiot. I just can't continue with a story that is so shallow and yet so convinced that it is deep.

4. Sawcrot

Sawcrot 『Elk God』

Reading List:
    Link
    So in the end Ian ended up with his employee at the cafe right? God I wish the author will write the sequel

Paps and Deleted member 41274 like this.
  5. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    What's your opinion on how the author ended this series?

6. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Bul’tarrrr

More chapters!!!!

7. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    oohh there's a extra story

8. DarkLegions

DarkLegions Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And so It begins, and we shall have the greates WAA... I mean BUL'TAAAR!!!

9. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Opened up NU and had to double check to see if I wasn't just seeing things lol, Bul'tar!

Paps likes this.
  10. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice, more story.

Paps likes this.
  11. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Happy. I stopped reading around chapter 40 but the after story is intriguing enough to read.

12. Dravileo

Dravileo Imofever never end

Reading List:
    Link
    Bul'tar!!!
    Crockta

13. Eternalce1

Eternalce1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally, light has shone upon us! Bul'tar!!!!

Paps likes this.
  14. Rosver

Rosver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually don't like how the story ends. I really dislike the epilogue and make me take one star off my rating.

And then... I don't wan't to read the continuation.

15. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    a new chapter appeared again dot

Paps likes this.
  16. Blitz

Reading List:
    Link
    Tito too cool dot:blob_sunglasses:

Paps likes this.
  17. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    lololol

:blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:
    Tiyo the gunslinger

18. Anon_711

Anon_711 Dress Break - Level(Max)

Reading List:
    Link
    Tiyo Yun-Fat

19. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally caugth up with this. What a great ending for such a wonderfull novel, ansiously waiting for Ian encounter with his party. I am pretty sure that as soon as they find each other they are going to jump into a portal to the monsters universe. Those guys are the hotblooded type!!!!!!!!!!

Blitz and Lonelycity like this.
  20. Blitz

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah can't wait for the next chapter:aww:

Paps and Lonelycity like this.