Spoiler Princess and the General

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by savii, Apr 9, 2019.

1. savii

savii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Immortals Valley’s little medicine fairy Yu Fu, who descended the mountain at twelve years old, encountered an Eastern Ling soldier seeking for medicine outside the mountain gate. Due to various reasons, she got taken back to an army camp to treat the poisoned Eastern Ling’s Great General Marquis.

Little Yu Fu said with a pitiful look, “It’s correct that my master is the god of medicine, but I’m a little poison fairy, not a little medicine fairy…..”

The crowd of soldiers fell into endless chaos, beating their chest and stomping their feet, with no strategy left to try.

Yu Fu bit into the apple and said with puffed cheeks, “However, if the person is about to die, there’s no harm in letting me practice my poison skills.”

Throwing the apple aside, with a flash of her poison needle, curing poison with poison, she saved the Great General Marquis’s life.

The Great General Marquis woke up, and in order to thank her for saving his life, had her taken back to his manor.

Who would’ve guess that the Great General Marquis had six sons with extraordinary appearances, completely different personalities, and exceptionally good marital art skills.

Especially the heir who was the eldest, possessing a beautiful face, and a dignified bearing, making Yu Fu unable to walk.

“This child is this marquis’s savior, in the future, she’ll be your younger sister.”

Yu Fu frantically shook her head, “No no no, I don’t want to be a younger sister!”

Don’t joke, if she became their younger sister, how could she still admire the heir’s beautiful face as much as she liked then?

————-

Many years later, she don the imperial gown, the long dress dragging on the floor, standing in a high and unbearably cold place—–

Conferring him as the Top General.

Under the palace eaves after the rain, she cuddled in his embrace, yet he asked, “Why Top General?”

“Eastern Ling honored the previous Han system, with Great General as the head of all military officials. The current dynasty instead honors the Spring-Autumn period’s ancient system, with Top General as the head of all military officials.”

“In that case, this subject is also your Majesty’s husband, how should this one be addressed?”

She suddenly smiled and rubbed against his arm.

“Regardless of how others call you, you are forever my big brother….”
    ----------

The summary seems interesting . Can anyone give some spoilers . Picked up by creative novels recently ..

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/princess-and-the-general/

2. Asha7

Asha7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Imperial gown (?) -> ML calls himself "subject" -> her giving him the name ""top general"-> does she become empress ?

Mangafreakspark likes this.
  3. Mae lorca

Mae lorca Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She's a princess of another country.

heigottschalkd and Asha7 like this.
  4. Asha7

Asha7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes I know that, my question was if she became the empress of that country in the end :D would be cool. Imperial gown, I thought it as the gown of an emperor.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  5. MuyBuy

MuyBuy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I've read a bit of the raws, so I can spoil a bit at least
    Mc follows the general back and becomes his adopted daughter (sort of). The general wants everyone to think that she's his illegitimate daughter in order to protect her even if it would sully his reputation, but the Mc is reluctant to do that due to her identity as a princess since that would apparently harm the general. Anyway, at first everyone spoils her and try to suck up to her because they think she's a blood related daughter, but when the Mc makes it clear in front of some women that she's not, they immediately stop talking to her, leave and then start to look down on her. They even tell everyone that she's not a blood related daughter so she's probably some commoner from somewhere. Then there's the princess that likes the eldest brother, she's getting really jealous of Mc, but she still pretends to be nice to her because she doesn't want to ruin her chances of marrying the eldest brother. Oh, and the eldest brother is the ML and has no interest in the princess. Then there's some scheming since the prime minister doesn't like the general, so his sons try to prove that the general is a spy/traitor even though that's not true so they keep making trouble. There's also of course the trouble with the other countries that pose a threat. So far when it comes to romance, the Mc is a bit young but you can tell that she's crushing on the ML and he seems to like her and spoil her... though he's like 20/19 and she's 12.
    I'll post more spoilers when I read more, but so far there's not much going on really. It's all build up and foreshadowing.

6. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    (I stopped reading MTL halfway, so it is not complete, but)
    Actually even when she first met with general, she is
    actually already an emperor. Because the situation is not stable, she hide away. Later, the situation in her country already stable but the general country got some threat from another kingdom (they are in a war).

7. 199sweetheart

199sweetheart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When did others people finds out about her true identity as a princess?

RuLiLa and heigottschalkd like this.
  8. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    it was really long. I believe it was around when people from her kingdom comes to visit. At that time, the situation in her kingdom already good so, it is okay to reveal her identity.

Before that, some family already suspect her identity. At first, they thought she comes from the enemy kingdom (the one they are at war with), but some hostage(?) princess (who later married to kingdom) clarified that MC is not from her(princess) family.

9. MuyBuy

MuyBuy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, I'm super busy with life now so I haven't had the time to finish reading this but so far
    Mc and the ML have gotten engaged (kind of). They still need her masters permission but he's like a dad with a daughter complex and doesn't want to loose her lol. Then we have that princess who's such a b*tch, she's really jealous and keeps trying to sabotage for the MC. We also have the 2 princes, the eldest prince (whose mom has a low identity) and the 2nd prince (whose mom was the empress I think?) Anyway they both want to win over the general because they know that the one who wins him over will pretty much become the next emperor. So, they start sucking up to the MC because they know that if they win her over then they'll win the general over, but the general doesn't want to get involved and he doesn't want the MC to be involved which is actually why he was a bit eager to get the MC engaged to his eldest son (but also because he adores her and wants her as his daughter). Oh, and then we have the prime minister with his son (I correct my earlier spoilers and he doesn't have 2 sons, it's just him and his son that keeps making trouble). Anyway, they're like convinced that the general is working with their enemy country, and they think that MC is the princess of that country, so their plan is to expose the MC which exposes the general as a traitor. But honestly, they're the ones working with the enemy countries prince to sabotage the general so they're just a bunch of disgusting hypocrites. Anyway, the PM son has mixed feelings for the MC because he likes her, but she's his enemy. We also have the enemy countries prince who's actually the MCs junior brother since he's also a disciple of their master. He's in love with the MC and wants her for himself so he works with the PM and his son to try and assassinate the ML, but ofc it doesn't work. There's also the generals sister and her daughter that has come for a visit. They initially don't like the MC and think she's just taking advantage of the general, and her daughter is really a spoiled brat. They were both really annoying, but at the end the MC wins them over when she saves the daughter after she was bitten by a snake. After that the daughter becomes MCs biggest fan and friend, and the daughter also gets engaged to one of the brothers (one of the twins). So the aunt and her daughter goes back to their place in order to prepare for the marriage.
    that's as far as I can remember, but I still have a lot to read. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time rn, but I'll hopefully finish it this month.

10. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    Please take it as a grain salt, as I read this long ago, and hopefully didn't get mixed with another novel.
    YS's sister secret is involved with her mother. Her mother is actually the much-loved and famous General in another country (Western Kun). The Western Kun hatred to General is because of her. They thought that the General used some despicable mean to take her as hostage (forgot the detail) and then killed her etc. But actually, the one who take the Female-General was actually the prime minister. And, the little sister has some similarity to her mother.
    Another note is the mother has twin (sister?) who is a western kun general too.
    In western kun, women can get some position like general etc, it is different to how eastern restricted their women

11. Pandaisy06

Pandaisy06 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Character Update
    I used to dislike him because I thought he was arrogant and snobby compared to the 1st prince. I'm currently at Chapter 320, and my opinion completely switched. The 2nd prince and Princess Danyang are both spoiled but also naive and gullible. The reason why the 2nd prince was more favoured by the Emperor is probably because he is most similar to the Emperor. Despite the 2nd prince's scheming, he never intentionally tried to harm others, unlike the 1st prince.

I used to borderline hate her because I find her spoiled, mean, and arrogant, but I also understood why she disliked YF and tried to humiliate every time since she probably felt that YF stole her love, but also her father's affection. Even the 2nd prince treated YF better than her. It wasn't until she married YS, I realized she wasn't that bad. She was shocked at how YJY was mistreated (no doctor for her injury/scar and a meal of only cabbage and radish), had sought out a doctor for her and order her diet to go back to normal. Although she's still prideful, I like how cared for YJY. It also makes me think, that even though she was stupid, mean and tried to embarrassed YF every time, she was actually malicious. She never actually tried to kill or harm YF. She was more like all bark and no bite.

I am so disgusted by this man! :blobangery: As if it was not awful enough when he was pretty much pimping out his sister, and even not caring when she almost got raped by the guy he ordered her to seduce, he starved her and prevented the doctor from treating her face injury. The injury came from the attempted rape incident. YJY did not want to be used again so she had her injury reopened. YS then retaliate by not letting her receive treatment and ordering the servants to only give her raw cabbage and radish.
    At first, I was ok with him mistreating Princess Danyang since the woman had humiliated him countless times before the marriage. But I was thinking more along the line of cold-shoulder and not helping the 2nd prince. During the marriage, Princess Danyang actually started to develop feelings for YS (she wanted to start over and have like a real husband-wife relationship), and YS used this to sexually abuse her:blobdevil:. The poor Princess even thought this was normal for newlyweds. He was terribly rough with her during her 1st time, and the next morning she was covered in bruises. He didn't even give her time to rest and took her again that very morning. At first, she refused because it still hurt, and he was like "ok, your body is important." She was happy until he said, "I'll just find a pretty maid and do it with her then." Obviously, the princess doesn't want, so they did it again. And again, he was so rough on her. I think she got an infection down there or something, because a few days later, apparently, a weird smell was coming from down there. She was also bedridden too.
    Furthermore, this man also prompted the 1st prince to kill the Emperor again, and frame the 2nd prince. (who naively thought that just because YS is married to his sister, YS would be 100% on his side:facepalm:).

12. Pandaisy06

Reading List:
    Link
    • The General sent 2nd and 3rd brother to different parts of the border
    • ML ask the General why he engaged YF to him and not 2nd brother. The General replied that it was because YF also likes ML.
    • The General expects the main battlefield to occur at Zhuguan and explains a bit of history and Western Kun’s generals, especially about the Liu family to the ML.
    • There was a female Western Kun general called Liu Yinyin, who was captured by the General in the past during the Battle of Zhuguan.
    • Liu Yinyin’s brother, also a general, asked to trade 500 Eastern Ling prisoners for his sister. The General agreed, however, Liu Yinyin committed suicide after she was humiliated, and in retaliation, her brother killed all 500 Eastern Ling prisoners. The Liu family also wants to avenge Liu Yinyin, and therefore have a personal grudge against the Gu family
    • The General, ML and Gu soldiers were attacked by a group of poisonous snakes, however, ML noticed that the snakes tend to avoid him and realized that it’s because of his herbal sachet from YF
    • ML disperse the herbs among the soldiers
    • Back at the Gu house, YF received a letter from the General, reporting that they are fine and thanking her for the snake repellant herbs
    • YF planned to give more of the herbs through the messenger
    • YF also noticed that the letter came with a gift. It was a 7-color gem that is rare and considers a good fortune. The gem represents triumph

• Some people at Eastern Ling was concerned about how the Gu family is gaining so much honour. There are already 5 people with titles (the General, YF, and ML)(I don’t remember, but I think the Emperor also titled/planned to title the 2nd and 3rd brother for their contribution this time)
    • It’s the day of the double wedding. KY is having her hair comb as part of the combing ritual (in hopes that the bride would grow old with the husband)
    • Her nanny complained about how overbearing Princess Danyang was for making KY wear only 5 phoenix hairpin on her crown, therefore humiliating KY.
      (9 phoenix hairpin = empress, 8 = princess status, in order to not be humiliated KY should at least wear 7 as a foreign/hostage princess but Princess Danyang had 3 removed)
    • KY assured her nanny that her marriage with NX (the imperial cousin; he also treats her well) is better than being bullied at Western Kun, furthermore, Princess Danyang is the one that would feel miserable since she’s marrying someone she does not love, nor does he love her.
    • At Princess Danyang’s palace, she had the maids forego the combing ritual and everyone flattered her beauty and commented on how KY will only wear 5 phoenix hairpin and would not be as noble as Princess Danyang
    • YS still remembers Princess Danyang’s humiliation at her spring banquet and planned to pay her back.
    • YS asked about YJY when she did not show up, and a servant explained that YJY will not be attending the wedding because of her injury. Since it has been many days already, the injury should have already healed. The servant explained that the injury reopened, and YS realized that YJY is going against him.
    • Some of the Western Kun servants that came along with KY threw a fuss since they felt that if KY got married with 5 phoenix hairpin then not only will she be humiliated but also Western Kun. KY refuted that it was the Western Kun Emperor that had humiliated himself with his dirty trick. NX who came to pick her up happened to overhear the conversation and proudly defend his future wife.
    • At the wedding, everyone felt awkward when seeing Princess Danyang and YS. They were also surprised that YS did not cancel the engagement after the spring banquet.
    • When KY and NX enter, everyone felt relief since the latter couple feels more like a happy-harmonious couple, and warmly congratulate the couple.
    • KY felt so touched, she started tearing up. Princess Danyang furious at everyone’s different treatment claimed that KY’s tears is because she is unhappy with the Emperor’s arrangement. However, this plan failed since everyone could see that KY is extremely satisfied with the match.
    • Princess Danyang’s maid comforts her by reminding her that KY only has 5 phoenix hairpins. However, they were soon surprised to find that the Emperor had bestowed KY another hairpin.
    • YF then appeared and said that she can give Princess Danyang another hairpin, which that latter refused. (since it's a capital crime to wear 9 phoenix hairpin if you’re not the empress). YF then gave the hairpin to KY after having the Emperor’s permission. YF also told everyone about what KY said before about how grateful she is to the Emperor, which makes the Emperor and her future in-laws happy with her.
    • Before the main event of the wedding, YS confessed to YF in a garden. He told her he had to marry Princess Danyang to maintain his power, and when YF asked him if it was worth it, YS told her that he needed the power to marry his beloved woman in the future, and that woman is YF.
    • YF admonish him for tainting love with blood and killing and that his way of doing things was wrong. She also told him that if he continues to marry Princess Danyang then YF would no longer bother with him
    • YF immediately regretted her word, wondering if she causes herself trouble, since, at the wedding, YS suddenly interrupt the ceremony. However, in the end, all he did was thank the Emperor once more for the match.

happydot and MiserableSOUL like this.
  13. Pandaisy06

Reading List:
    Link
    No problem :)
    Unfortunately due to some family matters, I'll be too busy to provide further detailed spoilers for awhile.
    I'll provide some brief spoilers of some upcoming events, and if you have any questions, asked away. I MTL till about 500 chapters, before I need to stop.

Events described below may be out of order

• In the war, 2nd brother was upset that the General had situated him in a place where no battle was happening and therefore putting him and 3rd brother out of danger. (the bros want to help). Shortly after, he was confronted with the Western Kun army, led by a female general named Liu Tingting (twin of Liu Yinyin). No battle occurred, but the confrontation led the 2nd brother to realize who YJY's mother was.
    • ML was furious at the PM for constantly accusing the General of colluding with Western Kun, when he was the one. What a hypocrite.
    • After marriage, Princess Danyang learned about YJY's mistreatment and found compassion for the girl (who is also being used by her brother). She got a doctor to come treat her. (At this point, YJY changed her mind and wanted treatment, as she was worried that 2nd brother won't like her because of her scars)
    • Princess Danyang went to scold YS and wanted to start over to have a normal wife-husband relationship. However, she was still too prideful. Her approach was pretty bad too since she pretty much threatened YS to reveal his plan of obstructing/destroying the cabinet to the Emperor (which she learned from YJY). YS wasn't worried since Princess Danyang would also be implicated since she is now married to him. YS also refused to start over, because he still remembers the humiliation at the spring banquet, along with the fact that he blames Princess Danyang for YF's rejection.
    • Silly Princess Danyang also fell in love with him when she saw him looking gently at osmanthus flowers. (He was thinking of YF, since YF likes sweet things)
    At the Mid-autumn festival, YF had gifted the 7-color gem to the Emperor, and shortly after they received the news that the General had eliminated a large amount of Western Kun soldiers or something. Everyone was celebrating until YS cut in, and said that the General disobeyed the Emperor, because in order for the General to eliminate that many enemy soldiers, he would have to cross the border. Eastern Ling, had always kept within the border, to maintain the so-called peace. Everyone started arguing whether the General should be punished or not. People thought they could bully Gu House since the adults weren't at the banquet. (only YF and the twins) YF then stood up and had an argument with YS (who didn't want to argue with YF but couldn't help himself:blobexpressionless:). Princess Danyang also spoke up to defend her husband. YF grew furious and gave an amazing speech and history lecture about how situations would rapidly change on a battlefield and that generals would need to quickly adapt and cannot wait to ask for permission every single time. She also told them that their so called way of maintaining peace by not crossing the border had just delayed the issues (the General had fought for years: over 24 years) and caused the people living at the border to constantly endure the danger. If they still think that the General shouldn't have crossed the border, then they should go switch with one of the residents at the border. (Go YF!:blobpats:)
    KY provides support to YF, and told the Emperor and everyone at the banquet, that the Western Kun people are aware of the Eastern Ling's rule of keeping within the border, and therefore not afraid of Eastern Ling. WK sees EL as cowards. (YF:1, YS:0)

After returning from the showdown, YF and the brothers learned from a messenger that Western Kun is switching their General from the Liu family to Kunwu. They are afraid that the Gu brothers and their soldiers would be poisoned. YF snuck out with Yao Lan and some Gu soldiers as escort to provide help to ML. (If she asked 4th brother, he would feel burden because although he wants to protect YF, he is also extremely worried about his father and brothers. This explanation to Yao Lan was overheard by 4th brother)
    True to their fear, Kunwu poisoned the water supply of the Gu soldiers, and many were poisoned including the General. Fortunately, due to the General's good physique and care from the Healing god, he was ok. They were also worried since they know that Western Kun would use this opportunity to attack them. They temporarily treat the poison with YF's herbal medicine (that was given earlier). They also debated whether they should call YF over. (They didn't want to put YF into danger but they also want to save the poisoned soldiers) YF and YaoLan arrived at their camp, covered in mud and bruises, they came on horse non-stop. (I think it usually takes about days to get from the capital to the border, but YF made it in 3 days or something) (The bruises come from falling off the horses). Although YF could treat the soldiers, she needs a couple of days, which the General is afraid he can't provide since Western Kung would attack them the next day. YF revealed that she would poison Kunwu, with a rare poison that would give her enough time to treat everyone. It turns out that the medicine that YF gave Kunwu when he was leaving Eastern Ling was a special poison that even Kunwu hadn't dealt with. Kunwu wouldn't die, but he would be sick for a while, and therefore couldn't order an attack on the Gu soldiers. (this is the part, I don't get, how the hell did she poison him at that moment?:blobunsure::hmm:)
    She also revealed to ML, that she felt this poisoning was kind of her fault, since the poisoned used this time by Kunwu, was a taboo/special poison that Master had revealed to her, and because she let her guard down around Kunwu, he was able to steal it. She also said that Kunwu would no longer be considered a disciple of Immortal valley, cause he broke the taboo rule of Immortal Valley. The Healing god disliked having his apprentices using poison in war because it would pollute the environment.
    Kunwu reminiscent of his past with YF and opened the medicine/poison bottle given by YF. He got poisoned but kept it a secret from Western Kun, since his position wasn't stable and there are enemies within Western Kun who would take advantage of the situation and harm him. The Western Kun soldiers were complaining about Kunwu, about how he wasn't taking the opportunity to attack the Gu camp. After Kunwu got better, he revealed he was poisoned and everyone pretty much shut up. Kunwu also realized that YF has arrived. Some more battle events happened, but in the end, Western Kun withdraw, and everyone could go back home.
    Oh, yeah, also YF found a large 7-gem stone which she split with ML.

Princess Danyang called the 2nd prince to the manor, and YS called the 1st prince.
    The 1st prince, at first refused to see YS, until he learned that YS is aware of the Emperor's poisoning. The 2 princes met each other at the entrance of YS's house. 2nd prince thought 1st prince was here to visit Princess Danyang, who later told him no. But the dumb 2nd prince just thought that 1st prince was currying favour with YS.
    Princess Danyang told 2nd prince about YS's plan to interfere with the cabinet, and to her shock, the 2nd prince even praised YS. 2nd prince also believed that any conflict between his sister and YS were minor husband-wife issues.
    YS pretty much told 1st prince that he wants to work with him instead. He planned to kill the Emperor and framed the 2nd prince. The 1st prince was against it at first but gave in when YS revealed that he knows 1st prince was responsible for the Emperor's poisoning. YS said they could kill the Emperor at the Autumn hunt (1st prince was skeptical the Autumn hunt would occur since it was an event for the Emperor and the General, but YS said they would just need to convince the Emperor. They need to have the hunt occur when the General wasn't there). YS said that he would help the 1st prince on the condition that after he becomes the new emperor, he would marry YF to YS (this was revealed later on).
    2nd prince goes to visit YS and doesn't suspect anything when he saw 1st prince leave in a huff (It's so obviously an act :facepalm:). 2nd prince strongly believes YS is on his side because they are real in-laws.
    Prideful Princess Danyang who really wants to start over with YS, seduce him later that night. (See characters update above to see what happened). Her young maids were worried since it seemed that she was in pain but were stopped by the older maids/nanny who said it was normal for married couples:blobfearful:.

The Emperor was initially reluctant for the Hunt to occur without the General (he wanted to wait for his buddy) but was convinced by the Ministers. Something about how it would be winter by the time the General returned, and how the battle was victorious and they should use the Hunt to celebrate. After many days of ignoring his sons, the Emperor's heart soften and told the princes to touch up their archery skills. The 2nd prince was a bit upset since his archery isn't as good as the 1st prince. YS told him that he would introduce an archery expert to him, and guaranteed that his skills would immensely be improved afterwards, and the dumbass believed him.
    At the event, the 2nd prince showed how "amazing" his archery skills were in front of everyone, and when it was the 1st prince's turn, he purposely did poorly.
    The Emperor was excited about the Hunt because archery was the one martial arts skill he excelled in.
    KY also wanted to participate since everyone in Western Kun grew up learning martial arts. KY was initially dressed in a dark green dress (for hunting). The consort also mocked her for wanting to participate. KY went to change, but happened to overhear a couple of men talking about the assassination of the Emperor. She learned that the arrow the 2nd prince is using is a special arrow that could be manipulated by others. The men (hired by YS) planned to direct the 2nd prince's arrow to kill the Emperor. KY was shocked, and ran off to quickly change (into a brighter color clothing) and notify the Emperor (she was extremely grateful for the Emperor's kindness and wanted to prevent the assassination, even if people won't believe her because she was a Western Kun princess) (she also suspect this plan was from YS and 1st prince). The men finally realized they were overheard, but were only able to see a dark green cloth as KY ran off.
    Anyway, things happened, and the Emperor is killed by the 2nd prince's arrow in front of everyone. (I think the Emperor realized the truth as he was dying since he looked at 1st prince and YS).
    Basically this special arrow could not only be directed by others but could crush the target's organ. In this case, the Emperor's heart was crushed and couldn't be saved.
    The 2nd prince was arrested.
    Ministers were arguing over who should be the next Emperor. Some wants to wait for the General to return before the decision could be made.
    The 1st prince panicked when he realized his plan was overheard, and after speaking with his mother, they realized that the "man" (they thought it was a man at first because of the dark clothing), was actually KY.
    KY, after explaining to her husband and in-laws, had left to find YF and the General. (She was also worried about what YS and 1st prince would do to her husband, but because he was an imperial relative, it would be suspicious if anything happened to them, so they're ok)

KY was able to find YF and the others who were on their way back. Everyone mourned over the death of the Emperor and suspect YS. The General also regrets not telling the Emperor about the poisoning incident, since it gave the 1st prince another opportunity.
    When everyone returned, 1st prince panicked, especially when the ML was the one leading the investigation. 1st prince even said that after he becomes emperor, the Gu house would be the first to go, because they know his secrets (YS had also told 1st prince that the Gu House knows he was the culprit for the poisoning incident, and would not side with him; this is not true but the paranoid 1st prince believed it which is also part of the reason why he agreed to partner with YS).
    Princess Danyang (she was absent during the Hunt and no one saw her for a long time, because she was under house arrest. Although everyone was told she was ill) appeared at the court (all skin-boned) to defend her brother (she was snuck out by ML' s people) and reveal that YS is the mastermind for the Emperor's death. YS actually slapped her in front of everyone:blobdevil:, shattering her pride. Some stuff happened and she was sent back to YS's home.
    3rd brother snuck into YS's home to ask Princess Danyang if she wanted to leave, he would help her (as per General's order). Princess Danyang refused (I seriously don't get her love-hate towards YS at all:blobpensive:). 3rd brother was almost caught by YS's guard as he was leaving but got rescued by YJY who wanted to help 2nd brother's family and exposed YS's wrongdoings. She pretended she was bathing so the guards couldn't enter. 3rd brother offered to help YJY to escape since she would likely suffer when YS found out she help him. Furthermore YF could help treat her scar. When the guards reported to YS, the bastard actually brought his guard to barge into YJY's room even though she could be bathing. By then YJY had already left with 3rd brother.
    The Gu House is aware of YJY's situation and don't blame her, and welcome her into their home.
    ML and YF visited 2nd prince in prison who revealed to them about YS's recommendation about the archery expert. He also complained about how his sister and YS didn't visit him. (well Princess Danyang is house-arrest by her psycho husband who put in there in the first place bud:blobexpressionless:) After talking with ML and YF, he finally realized he was tricked by YS (don't celebrate too soon guys, he is still a fricking dumbass:blob_thor:). He didn't tell anyone about YS's recommendation because of his pride. (getting help for archery)
    The investigation continues, however, everything only points to 1st prince. There was no trace of YS and his people. While 1st prince was panicking, YS visited 2nd prince and convinced him that his cooperation with the 1st prince was an act and everything was to help 2nd prince get the throne. And the fool believed him.
    At court, the evidence and witness all pointed towards the 1st prince who realized that he was had by YS. The 2nd prince was cleared of his crime and released from prison. Everyone could see that he was on YS's side, and had completely forgot about the Gu House who helped him.
    With the 1st prince gone, 2nd prince would become the new emperor.
    For his crime, 1st prince was going to be beheaded and his family (his wife and children) were exiled I think. (His mother was also killed or something) Some of the guards were extremely rude and cruel to the children, which was stopped by YF who came to speak with 1st prince 1 more time. The 1st prince explained to YF how he didn't want to walk this path at first but was blackmailed by YS. The later also learn from YF that although the Gu House know about his poisoning attempt, they wanted to give him another chance, making him deeply regret his actions. 1st prince said that while he was in prison, he realized that YS had never wanted to help him in the first place, since YS would be quickly removed/kill by 1st prince to protect his secret. Furthermore, unlike 1st prince, 2nd prince is easier to manipulate. (So true:facepalm:). Before the 1st prince left to be beheaded, he told YF YS's condition for helping him, leaving YF in shock.

After 2nd prince become emperor (I'm keeping it as 2nd prince), he increased the power/status of YS (while maintaining ignorance of his sister's maltreatment) and pretty much lower the status of the Gu House. The 2nd prince also removed the cabinet, much to the protest of many Ministers since it was one of the Emperor's last order. With YS's provocation and manipulation, he wanted to decrease the power of the Gu House. To decrease his suspicion, the General willingly gave up some of his military power, which the 2nd prince accept. (in the past, although the Emperor was suspicous/on guard he would never accept it even when the General offers it)
    Now here is where I feel deep disgust for the 2nd prince. Despite harming the Gu House, the bast*rd continue to shower YF with gifts, on the excuse that she is his "sister" while ignoring his real sister. It is obvious to everyone that he is courting her.
    During the New year festival, 2nd prince threw a large party with dancers, drinks and fireworks. Many ministers disapprove since it is still the mourning period of the Emperor. However, by this point, no one dared to voice their objection, since 2nd pricne was a complete tyrant. When someone opposed him before, 2nd prince ignored the person and had him beaten up. At the banquet, the 2nd prince seated YF away from ML and the General. (YF closer to him and the Gu members further away).
    Some things happened, and LR (the girl who was banned from the palace in the beginning of the story) was invited to perform. However, the dumb girl who was still holds resentment over YF actually tried to harm her during the performance. YF was protected by ML. 2nd prince who was drunk condemned the girl to death, which was a bit much. YF said that it was unnecessary and 2nd prince directly threatened LR's life to get YF to agreed to become his empress. (YF rejected him earlier at the banquet when he was being indirect) The Gu father-son were furious, but couldn't do anything at this point. YF then coldly told 2nd prince to kill her then, she is not going to sacrifice her happiness for girl who had only ill-intention towards her. The Ministers were actually kind of hopeful that YF would become the empress, because they believed that with an empress like YF, 2nd prince wouldn't be too bad, and the country wouldn't be doomed. However, they soon shut up when YF reminded them who her master was and that her engagement towards ML was given by the previous Emperor and by her Master. 2nd prince continues to deny the engagement (ignoring his father's wish again) and called the engagement unofficial because there was no love token or something. YF shut him up, saying that there is a love token and showed everyone the large 7 color gem she and ML found earlier in the border. She had split the gem into 2 and both her and ML have one.
    The 2nd prince didn't give up and with YS's suggestion, he decided to remove ML so he can marry YF. YS then colluded Western Kun/Kunwu, fabricate some event and the 2nd prince then ordered ML to leave for battle. Before ML left, YF gave him something which she said is supposed to be a life-saving drug.

On the side note, the PM was allowed to return and YJY also returned home because with their father there, YS wouldn't dare to mistreat/kill her. (also before YJY left the Gu House, she learned that her mother is Liu Yinyin. She was surprised but also found pride in the fact that her mother was a female general. She also finally realized why she was not allowed out of the house) The PM was shocked when he saw the condition of his daughter and scold YS. The former PM was also shocked to see how thin/haggard Princess Danyang became and how YS scold her.
    YJY and Princess Danyang had became friends due to their shared hardship under YS's cruel treatment. YJY had suggested Princess Danyang to get seen by YF, which she refused. (I don't think she hates YF anymore, but she doesn't like her either) tried to convince Princess Danyang to report her abuse to 2nd prince, but not the fact that YS killed their father, since if the Emperor wasn't killed then 2nd prince wouldn't have got the throne. Furthermore, this would only distance the siblings further from each other. Princess Danyang gave up on her brother since it is obvious he doesn't care for her, and mockingly laughed at herself as she now realized the only one who was sincere and loyal to her father was the General.

proudyleo, reiin and MiserableSOUL like this.
  14. AWalk2ZEnd

AWalk2ZEnd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What is yufu actual background? Is she the heiress of northern li?

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  15. Pandaisy06

Reading List:
    Link
    Yufu is the ruler of northern li. It's been awhile since I last read the book but I think the reason she left was because of some internal strife and she's returning now because it is now safe for her. During her abstinence, there is this guy that helped stabilize her kingdom. (I'll call him NG). NG is very popular in northern li court because he is charismatic and an amazing strategist or something. The northern li people even thought that YF should get married to him. YF didn't really like him at first because of his arrogance and his power over the court, but grows to trust and like him (I kind of skip these part). This obviously makes the ML insecure abit. NG also develops feelings for YF. Later on when ML went to war for YF later on and did not obey YF's orders, the northern li people and NG believed that ML was rebelling against YF and telling YF not to trust ML. The ML and YF was doubted each other for a day or something before thinking things through and trusted in their love for one another. YF got mad at NG because she thought he was like the other guys who liked her and was trying to drive conflicts between her and ML. She was really mad, cause she had really grown to trust the guy.
    Base on what I remembered, NG was advising YF against ML, not because of personal reasons (even though he does like YF) but because he didn't trust ML's loyalty since ML wasn't from northern li.

I dropped the series around here, cause I got kind of bored.
    I'll probably continue on with this novel when the translation catch up. (The translator is doing an amazing job!)

AWalk2ZEnd likes this.
  16. AWalk2ZEnd

AWalk2ZEnd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ty