prob with my laptop, please help

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by haweii, Jul 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haweii

haweii [mad scientist in-training] Fujoshi

Reading List:
    Link
    To sum it up, my laptop, which isn't even 3 years old won't start, no matter what I do. The strange part is that the LED for signing me that the laptop is on is shining, but there is no sound etc and the screen is black. And even if the cable is connected, it won't shine the according LED light which usually it does

I have a Toshiba Satellite C50D-A-10E

The cable and so on were working just fine minutes ago, I just let my 6 years old brother on it because he wanted to write his name and I opened Microsoft Office and went to the toilet...

I am not sure if I still have a guarantee since the bon says thay it still has 2 months, but I needed to register my laptop on Toshiba and I don't know if I actually did it and if yes it was in the named timespan

Please can someone suggest somth? I'm desperate since I am broke and need it for my studies...

I already tried to remove akku and cable and then starting again, use the reboot suggestion on Toshiba's website but to no avail...

2. Gunota

Gunota Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good chance it's been dropped?

1. Remove the charging cable and take out the battery.
    2. Hold power button for a minute or two.
    3. Try and turn it back on

P.s. If it's the display, you can hook it up to an external monitor and reset memory.

haweii likes this.
  3. The last Immortal

The last Immortal Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also check the screen brightness of your laptop. maybe it was turned to 0.

4. naghi32

naghi32 The Loner

Reading List:
    Link
    A problem that I had with a toshiba laptop was due to a faulty battery, i had to start at least once without the battery plugged in (random), i know that's not a real fix but ... hey it fixed mine, btw i later replaced the battery.

5. DeadlyBell

DeadlyBell Sleepy

Reading List:
    Link
    could be a problem with the bios.... or hardware issue or even os issue it depends on how far it gets, if it gets to the bios screen and then nothing its os, if it fails to even get to bios and just black it could be the videocard that's built in, or the bios, or other hardware issue.

last time I had a similar issue I ended up needing to get a new laptop since it wasn't worth me sending my old laptop in for a repair rather than obtaining a new one and then salvaging my data from the laptop's hd

6. Archionois

Archionois Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try looking at youtube guides to opening up the laptop and see if any of the parts are loose, might be a memory stick, or hard drive issue :O if its just black screen no windows start-up or whatever...

7. pkhyber

pkhyber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    try using connecting to tv or other displays. If it shows on tv then your display / or connection with disply is faulty.

8. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe it motherboard are broken, if this happen you should buy new laptop

9. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Never give a laptop to child < 8 without supervision, it's just break for no reasons...

10. naghi32

naghi32 The Loner

Reading List:
    Link
    Try what he said \|/

11. Asachi

Asachi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the lcd broke. My brother laptop get that problem once and my toshiba laptop have problem like that too

12. FINN

FINN Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    from what I understand from this tread, I sugest you to try to go to the service center first to check if the guarantee is still valid or not. after that, if my deduction is correct your LCD is the problem but don't belive my answer, because my deduction percentage is 40% - 60% maybe wrong. if your asking about " no sound and etc " check the cable of the fan inside the laptop is connected or and the cable of CD reader is connected or problem-ed

sorry with my bad grammar and not helping soo much.

haweii likes this.
  13. atlasbeings

atlasbeings Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same thing happened with mine in the end i had to change the motherboard. But i had a really old one and yours is too new for this to happen, so maybe it's just the screen that is not working. Or maybe it's just a totally different thing. I hope it's something trivial in the end though.

haweii likes this.
  14. haweii

haweii [mad scientist in-training] Fujoshi

Reading List:
    Link
    Thx but I already tried...
    *sighs deeply*

15. kainee

kainee 「Lazy Lurker」【Overlord of Slumber】

Reading List:
    Link
    If you don't hear whirring of any kind, then you will need to make sure it's not a hardware issue first. It could be your hard drive or something else on your laptop's motherboard like the CPU or memory or something that has a loose connection. However, because it's a laptop, it really depends on whether it's designed to be opened up. Some laptops, if you do that, will break whatever manufacturer's warranty there is.

For making sure it's not a power issue, you should take out the battery and try to power on the laptop using just the power cord. If it's working, then it should still light up.

Also, you have to cross off the list that your 6 year old brother didn't accidentally knock it down or something and then didn't tell you about it because he was afraid he'd get into trouble or something. If it's not that, you should try to ask your brother what the last thing they noticed was before something went wrong. If they saw it was fine and left it unattended before you came back from your bathroom break and you know that it wasn't any form of human error, then that would also help cross some possible causes off the list.

It's only after you verify there's nothing wrong with the hardware that you would try to figure out if it's something software-wise like the Windows install corrupting or something like that.

16. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
    hook it up to an external display, if it doesn't work, it sounds like your gpu/igpu failed. (this is assuming all other things are working fine, like the lights and fan noise etc)

17. remy911

remy911 ┗|`o′|┛ Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll be the bad guy and say NUF is not a tech support site.

Rreelentless likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.