Discussion Problem with novels in Webnovel

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by krishna2100, Sep 20, 2021.

1. krishna2100

krishna2100 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Recently I have seen a problem in upcoming novels(Translated) in Webnovel. I have seen the Trial Read ,Pilot Read and the Voting Pool. The novels in them are of very low quality all of them have the same type of plot.

Scheming stepmom or mom ,child swapped at birth, sisters being b****es , Mother and father being materialistic, Male Leads doing the thing according to their wishes to the Female Lead, Female Lead having negative IQ,Male Lead being a high level misogynistic towards Female Lead.

Male Lead getting cheats and beating the sh** out of people. Cultivation novels or cheat novels with almost same type of plot are being churned out at a very fast rate.

And worse of all ,These novels have 4.5 or 5 star rating .
    I mean in Webnovel's Author help. They have a term called "False Creation". If we go by that definition every upcoming novel in Webnovel Whats next are a False Creation.

Why is it so?

Why cant they have some original content like the books written by kazzlenex ,eustoma ,the blips? Why ?

2. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    from a business pov, Webnovel doesnt understand their key stakeholders. Non Asian readers are exposed to different types of story telling, and the influx of content means that we are all fatigued with the rinse and repeat stories. But because of their cycle of content creation, the agility in getting quality content will be low unless resources are expressly provided.

3. hansora

hansora Someone Who Seeks Fluff & Heartwarming Stories

Reading List:
    Link
    I've long stopped reading the translated ones, the original stories are much better

And sorry for being shameless, but I'm going to promote my books here, my ID :blobicecreamlove: I write mainly fluffy stories

pokeito and Sabruness like this.
  4. SylviaViolet

SylviaViolet Toast to the ones that we lost on the way⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    Webnovel for some reason seems to prefer very "specific" types of novels, and they keep finding new ones which are similar to translate them, regardless of quality. There are a decent number of fairly creative Chinese novels that I've seen, but none of them are being translated by webnovel. They probably want to play it safe with novels that have done well before, but it's quickly getting old.

5. KurouDaijuji

KurouDaijuji Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Meh.

If you have ever not seen problems with Webnovel you weren't paying atttention.

6. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    Only read Solo Leveling and my life as a cat there.

And most of them are paywalled so i pirated.

7. slightofhand

slightofhand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Webnovel novels come in waves. A certain type of novel will get popular, say the 'Sign-in system' type and the powers that be will push any and all novel of that type for a month or two until even bad examples of the trend get a trial translation. Then a different type will be come popular and the cycle repeats.

Villager Anonymous and seemanta like this.
  8. limli949

limli949 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I totally agree the originals are way better than the translated ones, hence my votes are for the original authors

9. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Webnovel, isn't a site where you should expect novel of quality....if you are reading there, you will only find junk translation. If you found a gem, then you can expect that it's was a mistake to be updated there and it's will be dropped after 50 chapter.

firefox1234, seemanta and Sabruness like this.
  10. krishna2100

krishna2100 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you suggest some place where good novels are updated ?

animefan217 and Grey_Angel like this.
  11. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't like it but seems like a lot of people does, that's why they're getting such high ratings. Majority always wins in the end. Our opinions have less priority here.

I guess I do understand to a certain extent though. When I'm playing games I always end up playing games with the same formula, particularly realistic FPS war games, mostly ends up being WW2 games. Its just something I'm used to, something I'm good at, and something I know is unlikely to disappoint me in the gameplay mechanics department.

So I'm assuming there's something like that going on for these people? Like, people who read medieval fantasy novels or sci-fi space novels. Combined with people who has specific types of anime "waifus", like those characters with the tsundere or kuudere gimick, etc. Add some fetishes in there aswell and you've got the perfect formula for a novel that'll get a 5 star rating no matter how many times it gets copied like your homework.

12. pokeito

pokeito Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the Original Creations more than the translated novels in Webnovels, but I’ve stopped reading them a long time ago ever since finding NU lol

13. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    umu, i agree. there are definitely many quality gems in the originals. Just the search system is shitty and makes it hard to precisely search for the good stuff and specific tags or types of novels. Even pirate sites have better search systems

14. seemanta

seemanta ţɦɛ ʏօʊռɢɛsţ ɮʀѧţ ɨռ ţɦɛ ɦօʊsɛ

Reading List:
    Link
    I totally agree. The novels in voting pool or trial read are garbage. I vote for a random novel with my eyes closed daily to get a fast pass but I hate doing it. It feels so wrong and disgusting to even vote for them. If I ever do find any good novel there, I read the pirated version cause it's too costly there and good novels are always dropped. I only read a few original novels there to support the authors.

15. frenzy85

frenzy85 Not Well-Known Yet

Reading List:
    Link
    RoyalRoad
    TopWebFiction (they don't host the stories, but you can find links to wordpress/rr of each story here)
    NovelUpdates (obviously)

Villager Anonymous likes this.
  16. hansora

hansora Someone Who Seeks Fluff & Heartwarming Stories

Reading List:
    Link
    I need more good stories but unfortunately, the translated ones only have the same trope :blobconfounded: I love the ones with sensible leads and even if they started bad, it's acceptable if there are good character developments

Sabruness likes this.
  17. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    It's just for money. Webnovel doesn't actually care about quality. They're just farming money from people who want to read more of the same thing.

18. Neigh

Neigh "Lich-King" "Harem-Fan" "Tragedy-Hater"

Reading List:
    Link
    The Ratings of Webnovel are really not worth anything.... i read quite a few Novel on Webnovel, but i almost never seen a Novel with a Rating of 3 Stars or lower. Anything under 4 Stars there is almost 100% not worth reading, and even 4 Stars are mostly Bad, riddled with grammar errors or just wrong translated.

Villager Anonymous likes this.
  19. Windsley

Windsley Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i dont visit webnovel, but i do read some of their novel (you know what i mean)

and yeah, i also noticed there is a lot of novels with the same kind of theme

some even use the other popular novel cover

20. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The "specifically" part is important.

Even when they do feature something decently written, it tends to be fucked by shitty (m)tl or one deliberately dragging it by releasing only once a season or year.