Korean Problematic Prince, 문제적 왕자님

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Musiciati, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Musiciati

Musiciati Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    (Seriously, what a pretty cover!!, but I'm not sure what the meaning is behind the lilies of the valley and the calla lilies in the corners of the cover are about.)

Name: Problematic Prince, 문제적 왕자님
    Raw Link: https://series.naver.com/novel/detail.nhn?productNo=5191948&isWebtoonAgreePopUp=true
    NU Link: N/A
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: Found an interesting story and wanted to know more about it. The reviews seemed positive and it had high ratings, so I'm curious to see more. This story kinda reminds me of Ingrid, the White Deer, due to the cold to regretful ml, the development of love and relationship after marriage plot and the western-style romance.
    Description/Synopsis:
    Royal poisonous mushroom, is it okay as it is?
    The prodigal son of the royal family who was once loved by the kingdom of Lechen, but had to put down the crown in exchange for becoming the protagonist of the scandal of the times. Royal poisonous mushroom, Biern Denyster. Erna Hardy was scammed and thrown into the marriage market as an impending property of the Hardy family, just before her death. The troubled prince, Biern Deniser, who at first glance appears to be the Savior, who appears in front of Erna, who will be the old man's re-employment today or the wife of irreparable garbage. It looks good, but Miss Erna.
    Do not eat poisonous mushrooms.
    If you eat it, you die.
    ~~

According to reviews... Erna heads from the countryside to the capital to visit her father in order to help deal with their family's debt problems and is suddenly sent to the wedding market without any knowledge. Confused, scared and frightened she meets Biern. At that first meeting, Erna sees Biern as her savior, but Biern only met with Erna due to some kind of bet made between the men who hang out with Biern...Due to the recent scandal, Biern uses Erna as a shield and takes advantage by marrying her. Thus, the crux of the story and suffering for Erna and her unrequited love.
    ~~
    "Miss Hardy. Do you really want to sell to me? To make a deal, you have to bargain first. How much is it? How much is it, tell me where?
    "If you're like this, Erna, you're really thinking of a different boy I fell like I'm holding a woman, so I feel dirty."

~~
    "I'm going to divorce!"
    "Whatever the prince says, my heart is firm."
    "You want to try to make a lawsuit?"
    "As long as you need it."
    "Ah, do you? Are you confident to beat my lawyers?"
    "Rain can't beat me either with money or with law."
    "Why are you doing this?"
    "What's the reason you bother me so far? What the hell did you want to get here?"
    "Let's have a relationship."
    The absurb answer from Biern. Erna was dazzled for an instant.
    "I beg your pardon?"
    "Literally. Love. With me."
    "Are you drunk?"
    "Not at all."
    "But why are you doing this? We were married, Prince!"
    "So? Are you married to me? You haven't tried it, dating."
    "I won't regret it. I'm good at dating."
    Again the poisonous mushroom laughed.

~~
    Characters:
    Biern Denyster/Dneister/Deniser??

Arrogant, Careless, Expressionless
    Problematic First Crown Prince, loved by the kingdom of Lechen
    Some sort of bad scandal lead to him being removed/stepped down from seat?? (I think)
    Erna Hardy
    Modest, Ladylike, Deer-like Innocence
    Lives with grandparents in the country.
    Visit capital to help her father and protect and save their home/family.

Here's a couple of spoilers on the plot from reviews I seen... Biern is pretty much has a trash personality (emotionless/careless) and Erna knows it but still loves him so much that she even smiles, even if she's hurt (full case of unrequited love). Anyway, Erna gets hurt multiple times due to all the secrets and lies, such as finding out about the reason Biern approached her in the first place was over some bet, and there is also some drama that occurs with Biern's ex-wife Gladys?
    So Erna miscarries due to a weakened body from all the accumulated various shocks, and what is also sad is the fact that at the same time Biern was going around shopping for things for her and the baby and didn't find out the news until returning to the mansion later...due to enduring all the hardships, Erna decides to leave for the country to be with her grandmother and demands a divorce from Biern, who refuses. Idk, what happens next, but I think they just separate and something happens that brings them back and we end with a hea.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    Wapdyne and kyuukestu like this.
  2. Musiciati

Musiciati Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here’s more of what I found on the plot from a review...(mtl)
    ~~
    Biern, who has lived as a prince for her entire life, divorces her ex-wife, who has learned another child's child from her previous marriage, and takes advantage of various national interests. They kept the dignity that wasn't their age, but had no affection. However, the princess, the only one, is belatedly getting sick of Biern. The people who believed in the marriage of the two almost like reading a love story call Bier a poisonous mushroom and use him as a gossip day after day, but Biern doesn't budge.
    When the house where she lived with her maternal grandmother was put on an auction, Erna abandoned herself as a contempt and visited her father, who married again. Abi, who saw Erna's beautiful appearance and thought of putting it on the wedding market, decorates her to the fullest, and in the process, Erna encounters Biern.

3. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
    Musiciati likes this.