Discussion Prog. Language

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MahyuRingon, Jun 12, 2016.

1. MahyuRingon

MahyuRingon Easy to Forget

Reading List:
    Link
    Hellow hmm well im just asking though..wu.
    which language will be more useful or more efficient to use on an AI..well not actually well lets say Partially that can assist you and well.. i dont know if i can make it to reality .. well make it alive on your desktop so im asking advices fellow programmers .. well even though im still an amateur having a goal is better than nothing.. wu..
    well that would be nice and i cant get a few senpais there to follow :3 wuu..

PS: i still dont have a thesis.. my profs gonna wrack me up. wuuu...

2. Ahrt

Ahrt PhD in Pokemon Studies

Reading List:
    Link
    C++ and C#

Really you're going for a simple A.I. right?
    C++ really helps you branch out. C# is easier and is just as powerful except darn it it doesn't have a direct '^' which sucks.
    All you're going for is an A.I. of whatever. If you're making a game use FSM, A* and some stuff.

Assembly language is great! for hardware... That's the only modern use it has right now (one that can get you a job at least).

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    MahyuRingon likes this.
  3. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can't really say one is better than the other. Ruby user will think ruby is the best programming language, same with phyton, java, or C++ user. Rather than asking which programming language is the best, it would be better for you to think what do you want to make (a website, a mobile game, application, etc) and then choose the programming language based on it. If making mobile game is your goal, you'd be surprised to see that several game maker doesn't really rely on heavy programming.

http://www.bestprogramminglanguagefor.me/ might help.

asriu, Mantrazz and MahyuRingon like this.
  4. EvilDevil

EvilDevil Guardian Devil

Reading List:
    Link
    try lisp or python

MahyuRingon likes this.
  5. MarSprite

MarSprite <Impossible to Gauge>

Reading List:
    Link
    Your most powerful option would be assembly language. If you're trying to make something that does alot of thinking on it's own, at least stay away from scripting languages, since they hog more resource power per calculation.

MahyuRingon and Anown like this.
  6. MatazaRyu

MatazaRyu The One... The Only... The Procrastinator

Reading List:
    Link
    MahyuRingon likes this.
  7. Sheepo

Sheepo 『Pyoo's Fated One』

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want to learn something setting goals for yourself is definitely helpful... But once these goals are impossible to reach it will just make you depressed at some point.
    You should change your goal... Start with something easy like your own music player or something...

MahyuRingon likes this.
  8. MahyuRingon

MahyuRingon Easy to Forget

Reading List:
    Link
    yes thank you ill see this
    and thank you again

im working with lisp and researching with learning..

yes ill consider that and seems that i still dont understand much thank you for this.

woaa that some nice insparation there... maybe i should cultivate that.. ahahah kidding yes thank you maybe i should lower goal.. ill consider this

yes i saw that too and i got confused thats why i asked and post this.
    thank you too.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2016
  9. MarSprite

MarSprite <Impossible to Gauge>

Reading List:
    Link
    Well if you are thinking to program something that automates, it's entirely doable. Certainly programming a fully featured Intelligence on par or surpassing human intelligence would be quite difficult as an understatement. It hasn't been done yet, but that does not mean it's impossible.
    Aim High.
    Oh, and I was thinking if you just want to automate things you would normally do yourself, Autoit might be ideal.

MahyuRingon likes this.
  10. questmas

questmas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    AI is really vague. It refers to a very large set of different applications and techniques that mimic human intelligence. You should start off by defining what exactly you want your AI to do. Will it solve a specific type of problem? Will it communicate with the user? Will it assist in the user in some way?

Now, for a Windows application that stays alive, C# might be a good choice. If you want to make it platform agnostic, Java might be a good choice. If performance is really important, C++ might be good(If you're new to programming, I would suggest avoiding C++ because it lets you shoot yourself in the foot). Python is probably the easiest language to pick up.

In general, anything you can do in one language, you can do in any other language, the difference is how much time you'll take. Focus on figuring out what you want to do and which language has the best library/frameworks for achieving that goal.
    Also, if you get stuck google it and stack overflow will probably have an answer for you.

Misuzu and MahyuRingon like this.
  11. Agecaf

Agecaf Grand Archmathemagician

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd say Python. If you look at someone else's code, I'd say Python is one of the most readable languages, so unless you plan to release a game, or develop a website, and just need a simple project, I'd always recommend Python.

If you want to make a game, or a website, or an app, then probably Python wouldn't be the most suitable though..