Request Programming Books Recommendation

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sapassde, Feb 20, 2019.

1. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want to specifically learn programming in order to succeed in your course, you are best off asking your professor about a textbook. Even if there truly is no assigned textbook, your professor should be able to recommend a few resources. Your professors will always your best resource; the only question is how well you can make use of them. And you are better off learning to consult them now rather than later.

sapassde likes this.
  2. sapassde

sapassde [Big Rock] [Double Clown]

Reading List:
    Link
    The teachers are recommending some books, but I wanted to know about others that might be helpfull that maybe they don’t know about or haven’t read
    I’m just trying to make sure I’m not lagging behind or not taking enough opportunities to learn more

3. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    Here are some undergraduate CS books you can try reading. When you are more advanced, you can try looking up graduate books. But you should definitely walk up to your professor and say you want to learn beyond the scope of the class and ask for some resources. If it is a professor (not a teacher) then (s)he has definitely read more relevant books than anyone on NU. This is your chance to form some great habits and bond with your professor.

PS: I believe most of the recommended books will teach you how to program. That is helpful, but significantly different from what you are likely to encounter as a student. They will no doubt help you if you are a beginner, but it is worth keeping that in mind.

4. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    I still have my copy of K & R C. It’s a classic I bought for historical reasons.

Just buy O’Reilly. You won’t regret it.:blobhero: