Short Story Prologue to - A New World (Title suggestions accepted)

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by gauthamc, Dec 13, 2016.

1. gauthamc

gauthamc [Dao of the Lonely Island]

Reading List:
    Link
    (Story below this post if you want to skip the intro)

So recently this idea for a novel has just been bubbling inside my head but I basically have zero experience in this stuff so what I will post below is a rough sketch of the idea and mental video in my mind. Any feedback will be taken as positively as possible (take your hands off that keyboard, person who is gonna type that obligatory 'you suck').

Edit - Due to popular demand, I'm putting the synopsis here. Huh, who demanded you asked? Why the many voices in my head of course :)

Synopsis - What would happen if an immortal youth woke up from his hibernation in a new fantastical world.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    Tang Tang likes this.
  2. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Still waiting~

ORoger and Conqueror of Atlantis like this.
  3. Iramohs

Iramohs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if you're trying to write a novel to the best of your ability, taking two hours then posting on NUF with an idea isn't going to get you there. I've been doing the same for two days and have only written the prologue and part of chapter 1. The rest of the time has been spent on building the world. Write any ideas you have down so you don't forget them. Google docs is great for this.

4. Linley

Linley 【Linlin】【The Love Doctor】【NUF Nicknamer】

Reading List:
    Link
    *enters Grammar Nazi mode*

*story
    *basically
    *off
    *obligatory

5. gauthamc

Reading List:
    Link
    What is it meant to reach the apex? In this world where there are countless races each with their own cultivation systems, One has to first transcend their own race to take the first step towards the heavenly throne. There is a saying which goes throughout the 7000 realms 'Master the heavenly laws, Shatter the divine tribulation, Claim the heavenly throne, Only then the divine sovereign reigns'.

And from one small part of this incomparably vast universe rose a youth surpassing all shackles and coming but one step from Undergoing the divine tribulation. A Step only 12 others have reached. All 12 of them had come from illustrious backgrounds whose name would not be spoken casually in any corner of this world, bearing the title of heavenly lord, but where they stopped Seign stepped over and on this day he underwent his divine tribulations.

The others overcome by indignations combined together their powers to oppose him before he sat on the heavenly throne and so Seign began his final battle. Midway through his final battle the tribulation struck, but Seign who cultivated the [heart of the divine mountain] merely smiled as he resumed his struggle.

In this way 4600 realms broke in their battle and Seign with his tenacious will, all but deafeated everyone almost replacing the heavly dao with his own as the unsurmountable one but the other 12 not willing to bear a pointless death, used everything at their disposal, their very being to use themselves, leaving only their wills to destroy Seign.

When all 12 combusted, the heavens were torn assunder and the realms, broken or intact all collapsed upon the Heavenly Throne.

Seign seeing all this still smiled. Even if everything collapses, it matters not to him as he will stand eternal as the divine mountain. Using what little power he had after most of the flames of his immortal life extinguished he sat on the throne knowing full well that doing so meant distroying any chance of him surviving this.

And so the universe collapsed upon him. What came next was both a miracle and the obvious conslusion at the same time. A new world was born after everything was destroyed. A new world which was born from the remnants of the old all combined together. A mighty solitary realm. The heavenly laws were destroyed but what happened was it forging into a new set of heavenly laws which governed over this solitary realm. Laws that were more firm and less divided resulted in this realm being the size of all 7000 realms combined together having a much richer world qi.

And as for Seign, his body and soul were all but destroyed, him only managing to barely keep his soul from being extinguished with his incomparable will and heart. And his soul which combined together with the essence of the Heavenly throne, along with the universe, underwent the oblivion forging. And when the solitary realm was completed, his soul, which turned golden from colourless went into hibernation for a billion years.

During which the essence of the heavenly throne, its spirit and soul, along with the solitary realm which saw Seign as its kin created a heavenly body for him, which though weaker than a mortals, had a brilliance and perfection much like his soul.

After countless years, Seign opened his eyes....

UPDATE - Edited the chapte hope its a little more legible.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  6. gauthamc

Reading List:
    Link
    Whew that's finished. I seriously derped :p lul. Hope atleast some people see this after this major derp.

7. gauthamc

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you Linley sempai. If you will, please enter Grammar Nazi mode and look at my story too please.... *scolds himself for being too shameless* :p

8. gauthamc

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the advice mate, Gonna snapshot that and save it.

9. gauthamc

Reading List:
    Link
    Its done mate. Sorry for the derp, I thought I could be all posh and post two post one below the other. Forgot it doesn't work like that. :p

10. Neutralis

Neutralis Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey buddy, your story was quite good despite it being your first work. Although there were a few times where the plot was hard to understand, I got the general gist of it. Let me give you a few tips. As a starting writer myself, I try to have a limit to the amount of content I can can put into one chapter. This is because if I spend 3 hours writing a 2000+ words chapter, I'm gonna be spending at least an hour the next day trying to think about where the plot is gonna go. Also, if you want your story to have good writing, re-read your story to see if it makes sense. Anyways, I'll try to follow this story to see where it goes. I can help you with the editing as well if you want. Also, check out my little story. It's called "The Interactions Between An Author and Protagonist." #ShamelessAdvertisement :ROFLMAO:

11. gauthamc

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait that was yours!? I loved that! Thank you for the advice and intentions but I'm not seriously thinking in that direction. This idea was just something that I could not keep inside of me and had to get out or I'd burst like those rich people from the kingsmen.

12. Smaky

Smaky [A bullied Bunny] [Stalked By LoT(seriously)]

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually found it really interesting!! Keep up the work mate :)

gauthamc likes this.
  13. Neutralis

Neutralis Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, I don't know how to set up a link so all my chapters are gonna be posted on that forum. I just released one yesterday and I'm currently working on today's. Just a heads up just In case. #AnotherShamelessAdvertisement :ROFLMAO:

14. Linley

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... Well after reading it, I feel like your story is more of a chapter synopsis rather than an actual chapter. I understand what you're trying to do, but you need to add in the extra detail and emotions within a chapter, rather than basically just explain everything that happens. How does the MC feel about this happening? Where's the dialog? It's almost impossible to have a chapter without any dialog, and this includes the MC's internal dialog.

15. gauthamc

Reading List:
    Link
    *nods head* Um, yes. I was intending this to be the prologue and it somehow became this long. I was planning on explaining more about the MC in chapter 1. Thanks for the advice.

16. Linley

Reading List:
    Link
    I've written novels once upon a time on RRL, and my best suggestion is plan your chapters, in each paragraph.

Ex. MC is dying

MC has internal dialogue about how it socks

MC remembers ex

MC wishes he didn't do what he did

And continue for every paragraph until you find a good stopping point. Then just expand on each sentence to format a good paragraph. Trust me, it makes life easier lol

gauthamc likes this.
  17. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey,you know what? This sounds really good. I never read originals online but this just might change everything!!

gauthamc likes this.