Prometheus Agency Prometheus Agency - Lower City

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Feb 21, 2018.

1. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    [Green Trouble]|[Industrial District] – [Abandon Warehouse Entrance]
    “Roger that.”

I closed the connection for a bit and then took a deep breath. Before I do anything, let me say that my physical strength is also very, very, normal. Might even be less than the average. I know that I am used to lifting heavy stuff for my mechanic job, but that doesn’t mean that I have a good stamina. It’s probably bad. So with that, in mind, I slung my PDW and then tightened the strap of my wireless keyboard while I left my holotablet inside my chest pocket.

“Here goes nothing.”

With that, I ran as fast as I could while also hiding behind barrels and crates whenever I could. The more I get closer to the my target, the more nervous I became. I mean, I could hear the sound of orcs and goblins from the other side. I’m sure the diversion made by Rocco has become very effective. And it’s only thanks to Rex that I’m able to get away so far without meeting anyone. Of course, I could see his work result from the corpse around my path. Professional sniper really is different.

“Okay…a l-little more…”

My goodness….I shouldn’t take any mission that needs so much stamina. Or should I just train myself more?...The first option seems to be a better option for me.

When I was about a few steps away from the shed, the door to that one shed opened up. The figure of 3 goblins entered my sight. I noticed the surprise on their eyes as they saw me. Before they could do anything, I lifted up my PDW and open fire on them. Sound of explosion echoed near me as I emptied the whole magazine toward them. Of course, the three thugs also opened fire at me.

“GUARGH!!!”

I let out a shout of pain the moment I felt searing pain on my left shoulder. Using what’s left of my strength, I quickly jumped toward the nearest crate for cover. Enduring the pain on my shoulder, I pulled out a fresh magazine from my bag and then, with great difficulty, exchanged that with the empty one on my PDW.

With heavy breathing while enduring the pain and also sweaty forehead, I peeked out of the crate slowly. There I saw the sight of the three goblins. Out of the three of them, only one remains standing. The other two were on the ground, writhing in pain as their whole body was riddled with bullets. The lucky one of the three looked around the area, clearly trying to find me. Of course, that last one was not unscathed. I could barely see, but I could hear him hissing from pain. I guess my shot didn’t wound him too much. Time to fix that.

Trying my best to steady my aim and also to keep myself hidden, I finally managed to get a good position. Thankfully, that last one wasn’t the smartest of the bunch. He didn’t even try to get some cover. And with that, I pulled the trigger and the shot the last one in the chest. Blood spurted on the air as the bullet hit him. I wait for a bit as he was twitching a bit. Only after a few seconds, he stopped twitching. That finally made me let go of my breath.

“Ugh…damn bastards….”

I grumbled as I walked toward them slowly. There’s no telling if they’re really the only one around me. I know that Rex has cleared the way. But I can’t say the same about the ones inside the shed. I kept my gun ready. And just when I was about to enter the shed, I could see one of them turned toward me and then pointed their submachingun at me. In panic, I pulled the trigger. The shot riddled him with bullet, but not before he could shot me twice. One of them managed to miss me, but one of them grazed my right ear.

“Bastards!”

I then shot the already riddled body a few more times. I also let out a few shots toward the two on the ground, just in case. Then I entered the shed before closing the door shut.

[Green Trouble]|[Industrial District] – [Abandon Warehouse Maintenance Shed]
    “GUH!”

Right after I’ve entered, I collapsed on the ground while holding my left shoulder. The combined pain of that one wound and also the wound on my right ear was horrible. But at least I’m inside.

“S-Shadi here. I’m in the shed. They got me. But…I’m okay. Give me…a few minutes.”

I need to rest a bit before I could even operate my holotablet. Heck, I can’t even lift my left arm at the moment. I guess the moment I felt safe, the whole pain really attacked me. Shit. I really need to do this quickly.
    [7]
    @Frank N. Stein @TiggerBane

TiggerBane likes this.
  2. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    [Green Trouble]|[Industrial District] – [Rooftop next to Abandon Warehouse]
    Rex is reloading whilst watching Rocco's progress. "Good job Rocco that is an excellent distraction but run away from the warehouse in 3 minutes time please so that the distraction isn't seen as too suspicious for now." Crack. Crack. Crack. Another three down. The only problem with this type of round is the fact that I can only fit three of them into my clip at a time. Rex proceeds to look at Shadi's progress along his journey. What the heck is this guy doing I told him to move to the edge of the zone not to the warehouse. I guess he doesn't understand what I meant as he wasn't in the military. Ohh crap he got injured please tell me it isn't deep. Please. Dammit what does he mean that he is going to take 5 minutes to recover from a shoulder injury.

Rex pulls down his commlink. "Rocco you are going to have to aim for kills now especially on anybody who seems to be contacting someone if you see them whilst you are distracting them make sure you kill them quickly. Also time limit is until you can no longer do anything as Shadi seems to be down as he has taken a hit." Crack. Crack. Crack.
    [8]

*15 dead minimum of 15 to go.*

shad12ow likes this.
  3. Wobbly

Wobbly [Unstabbable][He Who Courts Death][Whimsical]

Reading List:
    Link
    [Green Trouble]|[Industrial District] – [Flying In Front Of Warehouse]
    Rocco felt a bit depressed. He was avoiding the rain of bullets with all his might, and his efforts had proved effective. He was tired and starting to lose concentration, but he already felt his focus slipping. This was the first time he was taking on so many enemies alone in a setting where he was completely suppressed. He ducked and weaved again as he thought to himself, Mom and dad were right . . . the world is so dangerous. Better to just be a courier.

Rocco spread his wings and stopped in the air before flapping strongly once, blasting him up. He saw the bullets pass beneath his feet as he heard a voice from the commlink. Shittake mushrooms. The only reason he hadn't gotten hit was because he was of a respectable distance from the building. To kill anything, he'd have to charge towards the gunfire and metal. Although Rocco showed an impressive speed, his wings were fragile things, and could easily be damaged by a projectile. Still, Rocco was part of a team, and teams are only teams because there are teammates. He wouldn't be much of a teammate if he ran here.

Rocco felt the wind at his back. Good. At least there was one advantage he had. Rocco dodged again as he continued to think about his situation. He flew up and stabilized for a moment before quickly stuffing some metal balls into the blunderbuss. He looked down and saw the building and the creatures that were shooting at him from the windows below. Windows? Windows! That's it!

Rocco excitedly flew up high before taking a deep breath and started to drop. Later, Rocco thought back on it and really didn't understand what was going through his mind at such a time. The maneuver tested not only his guts, but his parkour skills and reaction time. Rocco opened his wings and began to soar to the building. There was an orc that Rocco hadn't seen before because it was standing behind the goblins giving orders to fire at him. He did a barrel roll, beautifully avoiding the bullets. However, he purposely staggered before 'falling' towards a window belowthe window with the orc in it.

The goblins cheered as Rocco hit the wall. However, as soon as he made contact, Rocco used his entire body to transfer the momentum up to roll headfirst up the wall till his sight met with the orc's. He was already pointing his blunderbuss as the orc's eyes widened for the last time. The other two goblins that were next to the orc died from the marbles, as well. Rocco's entire body shivered as he rolled through the window and landed in a puddle of blood. Rocco immediately got up and saw other goblins staring at him, paralyzed with shock. Rocco used this moment to lurch out the window before hearing bullets inside, which funnily enough, also killed a goblin who was caught in the crossfire.

Rocco, unlike before, stuck to the wall after reloading his gun, hovering as close as he can to it. The first head that popped out to look for him was shot, as was the second. The goblins realized what was happening and multiple bogies began to shoot to Rocco. Rocco's heart stopped for a moment as he instinctively kicked off the wall and flew as fast as he can away from the bullets. However, he was still hit in the calf. He suppressed the burning pain as he flew away from the group. He took deep breaths for two seconds before returning to his distraction role.

"It's Rocco. I've killed what seemed to be a leader, and five more goblins are dead. I can try to kill more, but I don't know how effective I'll be."

TiggerBane and shad12ow like this.
  4. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay….I’m a bit better now. Well, not exactly. At least the pain subsided a bit. But I can still feel the searing lead in my flesh. Thankfully, I have bandaged it a bit using what I can find inside the shed. Apparently the shed is a maintenance shed and I found a rag there. I don’t know whether the rag is clean or not. But at least the bleeding stopped. I will worry about infection later.

I took a deep breath and then surveyed the shed more closely. It’s small. Yeah, no shit. It’s a shed. The only thing I could see was a few small crates that were filled with some tools and useless stuff. But those were not the one I’m looking for.

“Ah, perfect,” I said as I found the thing I need.

It was a small socket. Through the small socket, I could connect to the whole warehouse system. But I doubt I could do much if the maintenance shed is like this. Got to try what I can, right?

I approached the socket and then pulled out a roll of cable from my bag. I connected one side to my holotablet and then one side to the socket. While the holotablet was in the middle of connecting to the line, I put it on top of a nearby crate. Oh, right, I also need to block the door, just in case.

“…Sheesh…just as expected.”

My screen showed me the bad news. Only about half of the system is accessible. The rest were disconnected. If they were just blocked or locked, I could open them up using some tricks. But if they were disconnected physically, I couldn’t do anything.

“Let’s see, what can I d-Ugh!”

My goodness…the pain is real. I really need to finish this mission fast and then see a medic or something. I hope the agency will at least give me something extra to treat the wound. Okay, so…okay, not so bad. I could connect to the main system. Ugh…they are not in the best condition. The connection is crappy, not to mention glitchy as hell. But at least I can see the majority of the warehouse. And….I could even see the area where Rocco has done some damage. Good job, Rocco. You one son of a gun bird.

“Hmm..what’s this?”

What piqued my sudden interest is not the camera footage of the battle around me, but the weird electricity usage in one of area of the warehouse. Sadly, I couldn’t access the camera since the cameras were broken on that part. But I could predict what’s happening there. Well, time to report, I suppose.

“This is Shadi. Apology for the slow progress. I found the area where it might be the place for our package. It’s on the west-most area of the warehouse on the 2nd floor. If any of you can neutralize the area and also distract them, I could go there.”

Yeah, sorry for that selfish request. My left shoulder busted and my PDW only have one more magazine. I don’t think I can do more. Well, I could grab one of the goblins’ gun, but I doubt that will help much.

“I will send you the new layout I get from the system. Be careful on the stair that will lead to that floor. I could see a lot of them barricading themselves. And don’t worry about them contacting the other. I’ll deal with them.”

How, you might ask? Well, I have picked one of their walkie talkie and I’ve put a jamming sound on it courtesy of my holotablet. I think that will be enough to jam the signal. Not for long tho.
    [10]

TiggerBane likes this.
  5. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    [Green Trouble]|[Industrial District] – [Rooftop next to Abandon Warehouse]
    Rex pulls down his comlink from above his head. "I understand mr. Rocco you have done enough no need for further engagements until Shadi notifies us that he has a clue on where the data is being stored at this moment." Crack. Crack. Crack. The remaining Goblins that were about to try and chase after and shoot Rocco were shot dead. "We are down to a minimum of six goblins and orcs and none of them have left the facility but I can't see any of them remaining inside of here so they must have retreated to guard the two thermal resistant buildings so good Job."

Shadi's voice comes over the radio signifying that he has discovered clues on the location of the data. "Roger that." Shadi meet up with me before you try and enter the final area we will go in together. Rocco you can come in as well if you are up for it we will meet up at the front entrance to the specified entrance in 3 minutes okay everyone."
    [11]

shad12ow likes this.
  6. Wobbly

Reading List:
    Link
    [Green Trouble]|[Industrial District] – [Crouching In Front Of The Warehouse]
    Rocco peeled from behind his sturdy boulder. Although the gunshots had stopped, Rocco could still tell there were at least three or four enemies watching the darkness, waiting for a movement. He threw a stone from behind the boulder and watched as a sudden downpour of bullets shot to the rock. As he counted the flashes of the guns, he noticed there were only three.

Rocco knew he wouldn't be able to pull off any more tricks, at least until he got his wound to stabilize. An artery was hit or something, and the bleeding was severe so Rocco had to keep pressure on it. He had come to his first mission nervous of what to expect, so he had worn his suit to make a good impression. Thankfully, the suit was flexible and didn't hinder his movements. Also worthy of mention was the handkerchief was currently being used to depress his wound.

Rocco turned and sat down again, speaking into his commlink, "I'll stay out here. There's at least three bogies being held up here. Don't know if they're goblins or orcs, but I can keep them here for a bit. Keep me updated. Also, last resort, I can always take the data and we can all run. Although we'll be failing to complete the mission, uhm, I'm 100% sure of escaping and life is more important, eh?"

Rocco pulled out his gun and shot into the sky, and smirked as he heard the frantic gunfire behind him.

[12]
    @shad12ow
    @TiggerBane

TiggerBane and shad12ow like this.
  7. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link

“Meet at the front?...Roger that,” I said to my com device before cutting the connection.

Not a plan I would really love, but one can’t be too picky. I mean, I will need to check the package one way or another. And moving along with someone experienced in combat is always better than moving by myself. I checked my equipment. My holotablet, my keyboard, and then my gun. I only have a few more shot in my current magazine and only one fresh magazine. Not a good list of equipment, I know. But I never thought I will really go against so many enemies. Just in case, I replaced my already used magazine with the fresh one. At least I will have a complete 32 bullets ready. Then I packed my holotablet and keyboard before setting up one trick for the people inside. Sadly, I can’t really remote control it. But I can activate by simply connecting to the line again.

“Let’s hope I can get there sa-Ugh….never mind.”

I will really need to be careful. With my left shoulder clearly out of commission, my already poor aiming will become worse. Yes, I can endure the pain. But that still means that I couldn’t move my arm as freely as usual. Not to mention that I’m tired. I mean, running all the way here, dodging enemies, and also having that gunfight. Those really drained my stamina.

Rex said in 3 minutes, right? I can get there in time, I suppose. But let’s move out carefully. Although Rex and Rocco have made more than enough diversion, I still need to be careful.

With that in mind, I moved the crate that blocked the shed door. After finished doing the manual labor with difficulty, I slowly opened the door with my left hand while aiming my gun with the other hand. So far I could see no one in sight. I looked toward the corpse of the goblins and then decided to pick one of their guns. It was a simple handgun, which might be handy in case I’m running out of ammunition. Oh, they got a butterfly knife too. I will take that.

Finished with the “resupply”, I moved toward the entrance careful while hugging the wall. The closer I got to the entrance, the more nervous I become. And the more nervous I become, the more painful the wound on my shoulder feel to me.

I looked to my wristwatch and saw that I took more than 3 minutes, probably 4 minutes. I then contacted them.

“I’m getting there. Wait a bit.”

[13]

TiggerBane likes this.
  8. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    [Green Trouble]|[Industrial District] – [Abandon Warehouse]
    Rex climbs down from the side of the building that he is at and heads towards the building of which was indicated by Shadi. "Hmm nobody is nearby here." Rocco signals his situation of tying down three men down in his zone. Rex responds as he hits the floor. "Roger that Rocco we will head to your destination on the way out to facilitate your escape this means there is a minimum of three enemies remaining in this final building." Rex goes onto his four legs and runs directly towards the building that the data is most likely to be within. Stopping at the door Rex ducks behind the wall that is 90 degrees away from the building. He then climbs up onto the roof and watches the exits of the city for the rest of the exits that are around.

Shadi's voice comes over the comlink signifying that he will be late. "Roger that get here as fast as you can please."

[14]
    @Frank N. Stein @shad12ow

shad12ow likes this.
  9. Wobbly

Reading List:
    Link
    [Green Trouble]|[Industrial District] - [Taking Cover Behind Debris In Front Of Warehouse]
    The boulder turned out to not be a boulder after all. It had the vague shape of a boulder, and it was dark, so Rocco had mistaken it for a boulder. Later, when a few bullets hit the object, a clanging sound rung out, revealing that it was, in fact, some sort of metal debris. It made sense, considering they were in the middle of the city.

Rocco kept pressure on his wound as he sat down. He made sure to peek every once in a while to see if there were still three enemies. He shot off a round into the air again, using some litter he found as ammo. His father was right, this gun was amazingly useful. There was no requirements for ammo, and there was junk everywhere in the city. One tome he had even used an apple. It didn’t really work, and he had to clean the gun afterwards. A minute later, he shot again and peeked to see only two flashes in the darkness.

“Shiitake mushrooms.” Rocco grumbled.

Rocco gritted his teeth. He had promised to tie down three enemies here, and he would do so. He took his handkerchief and tied it around his wound. Thankfully, the handkerchief was large enough to go around his thigh and still make a knot. Although Rocco didn’t know why the goblin left, he couldn’t allow that. He shot off in the air again, and this time the goblins didn’t even shoot. Rocco pursed his lips and began flying around the perimeter of the darkness.

He made sure to stay where he could kind of see the enemies, but where they couldn’t see him. He concentrated and saw through the windows only one goblin guarding while the other was going around gathering the guns. The third was nowhere to be seen.

Rocco internally threw a tantrum and inhaled deeply. He waited till the goblin gathering the guns was far away from the goblin guarding before shooting forward. The goblin that was guarding was startled at the sudden movements and the first volley of bullets missed entirely. However, by the time Rocco was in range to take a shot, one of his prized wings had two bullets in it.

Rocco teared at the pain, but was still able to kill the goblin with his blunderbuss. He immediately picked up the goblin’s gun and shot wildly out the window. He then picked up the corpse and put it in position, holding a gun. He turned off the light and waited in a corner. Soon enough, another goblin burst in with a gun at the ready. The goblin relaxed for a moment after seeing the familiar figure, and that’s when Rocco struck.

He got out of the room with the two corpses and began stumbling back to behind his trustworthy debris.

He brought the commlink to his mouth and spoke, “Hey guys I got good news and bad news. Good news is I killed two goblins. Bad news is there’s another goblin who-knows-where.”

[15]
    @shad12ow @TiggerBane

shad12ow and Arcturus like this.
  10. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    “Okay, I’m at position,” I said to the com device as I reached the place and then hid behind one of the crate.

As expected, running all the way here really made my breathing turned rugged. Note to self, remember to exercise more. I somehow expected that I might get into the same trouble in the future as long as I’m in the Agency.

“The room is, as I said, on the upper floor. From my last visual, they’re barricaded themselves there. But we can surprise them.”

I then pulled out my holotablet with my left hand, which made me winched in pain. I looked at the timer on the screen. A small smile appeared on my face.

“I can shut down the power to the whole place for a few seconds, but I will need to access another point. If someone can cover me, I will get to the nearest access point and then we can surprise them.”

This way, we can at least have the element of surprise with us again. And also it will make them panic again, which is good for us.

“Wait…there’s one more hostile?”

Damn it! Hearing that report from Rocco made me nervous. I readied my PDW again so I can use them as soon as I needed it. Ugh…let’s hope I won’t have to kill another person today. And also don’t let me get killed.

[16]

TiggerBane likes this.
  11. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    [Green Trouble]|[Industrial District] – [Abandon Warehouse]
    "Ahh here comes Shadi now he is a little late but better late than never responding to me again. But where is this last guy who has escaped from Rocco I still have no clue where he is dammit." Rex scratches his head and then stands up on the roof and calls out to Shadi hiding behind his box. "I am coming down mr. Shadi don't shoot me please." Rex then jumps down and runs to behind the same cover as what Shadi is hiding behind. "I will cover you until you get to the port that you need access to then I will leave and on your mark break into the barricaded room and kill the Goblins hiding from us. Or can you do it remotely?"
    [17]

shad12ow likes this.
  12. Wobbly

Reading List:
    Link
    [Green Trouble]|[Industrial District] - [Relaxing Behind Debris In Front Of Warehouse]
    Rocco felt the pain in his wing and leg burn through him as he slowly moved to the debris. He felt nervous and anxious, but knew he couldn't do anything else. Right now he was incapacitated and would only be a burden if he foolishly pressed onward. His greatest advantage, his mobility, was currently crippled. He stroked his wings and sighed. He had heard that the strongest garuda ever, the man who founded his mother's tribe, had wings so strong that he could wear body armor as well as coat his wings with metal, and still be able to fly as agilely as he would be unburdened. Rocco was more normal and would be very stifled if he wore any sort of body armor. Maybe a nanofiber suit could give him some degree of protection, but that kind of luxury was both extremely expensive and couldn't be just bought anywhere.

Rocco slumped onto his debris. He had been injured worse, but his father always taught him to never ignore the pain. To ignore the pain is to eventually learn to numb the pain, and pain is the best indicator of danger. Therefore, Rocco could sufficiently say that his injuries 'Hurt like hell.' Rocco turned his head left and right, but could only see the darkness. Sometimes he really wished he had night vision, but that was more of a cat thing. Rocco checked his wing and exhaled gratefully, seeing that the bullet had just passed through. He was really lucky; if a bone was shattered, he would have to go through extensive recovery.

Rocco licked his dry lips. He looked down and saw some blood caking onto his suit; he was unsure if it was his blood, or the goblins'. Whatever the case, he needed to take a shower later and this suit was definitely ruined. Rocco looked up and made eye contact with a pair of eyes only two to three meters away. Both pairs of eyes widened, but Rocco was the first to react. He lunged forward with his arm outstretched, palm to the muzzle, not caring about his injuries. The goblin shot two bullets before Rocco reached him, but Rocco used his arm to block them. Rocco then went into motion for a knee kick. However, his wings beat once really hard, propelling him upwards, and with him, his knee. Rocco pushed the goblin's head down with all his might as he moved upward.

Rocco's knee slammed into the goblin's nose, and then continued to depress the skull, effectively knocking the goblin out. Rocco fell to the ground and gasped for air. He struggled to crawl to the goblin's gun before shooting twice, once in the chest, once in the head. Yoyo had always told him about a time he had fought somebody who was basically a cyborg and mistakenly believed he had killed it after shooting it in the heart. The cyborg then continued to attack Yoyo, only to be shot by a closeby aide. From then on, Yoyo always made sure to shoot twice, once in the chest, once in the head. Rocco believed this philosophy to be wise, as you can never be too careful.

Rocco collapsed onto the ground afterward. He knew that his arm was kaput till it received treatment. He just laid there for a moment, taking in the pain. Then he pulled out his commlink and said, "I got the last one . . . I'm out of commission for now. Pick me up when we're heading back."

Rocco grunted as he thought to himself Fighting hurts . . . lets take a mission that doesn't need combat next time . . .

[18]
    @shad12ow @TiggerBane

shad12ow likes this.
  13. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    “Who’s there!?”

I quickly aimed my weapon, only to found the figure of my partner, Rex, the sniper. I let out a sigh before letting down my weapon. This guy really made almost no sound. I guess that’s a combat veteran for you.

“Sorry for that, Rex. Yeah, I can’t do that remotely. I will need to make my holotablet connected to the access point and then activate the trigger manually.”

If I brought my wireless port and another proxy point, I could do that just by the access point in the shed. Got to note that for the future. Always have one of those ready. I really need to learn my lesson.

“I will stay at the access point and then I will signal you when the power will be off.”

Then I suddenly heard the report from Rocco. Damn it! He’s down!? This is not good. But at least one good news from him. He got the last one of the lookout thugs. I just hope his injury is not that bad. It just means that should really finished our mission as soon as possible.

“Rex, let’s do it fast. Tell me when you can give me the cover. I’ll run as fast as I can to the nearest access point.”

Since I already remembered the layout, I already knew the location. And, fortunately, it’s not that far. I just need them to be distracted and then I can activated the trigger.

“…Let’s hope I can still run…”

Busted shoulder, low stamina. Yeah…not the best condition.

[19]

14. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    [Green Trouvle]|[Industrial District][Abandoned Warehouse Entrance]
    "Okay then you can leave now." Rex stands up from his position and opens fire into the room where the guards were located. Unluckily Rex has no idea whether he is actually hitting anyone and explosive rounds are out of the question because the data may still be in the room so Rex changed to decoy rounds. Decoy rounds are bullets that have a pre-recorded sound in them. Rex had also pulled off the silencer for maximum volume and disorientation. Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. Sounds were consistently going off and bullets flying through each opening whilst Rex was running around outside.
    [20]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    shad12ow likes this.
  15. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    With Rex’s cue, I ran toward the access point on the pillar that was on the west side of the warehouse. Although they were suppressed by Rex’s gunshots, some still tried to shot me. I dodged the bullet as best as I could, but some still managed to get close to me. Much too close for comfort for me. Thankfully, I managed to get behind the pillar unscathed as I dived right behind it.

“Gah!”

Of course, I didn’t land quite safely. While trying to protect the holotablet and my bag, I hit the wall with my injured shoulder. I could feel my wound started opening again as the rag I used to bandage it started to get drenched again with my blood.

While enduring the pain and also sweating profusely, I pulled out my holotablet and quickly plugged the connector cable into the socket. I felt relieved the moment I noticed that the access point worked. Just like before, it was slow and glitch, but works nonetheless. My next action was, of course, to activate my “trap” trigger. The moment I activated the trap, a countdown appeared on my holotablet.

“Rex! The power will go in 3…2….1…Now!”

I shouted to my holotablet. Just at that moment, the already minimum lighting on the whole warehouse gone completely. The only light source was the one from my holotablet, thus why I immediately turned off the screen.

“You got 1 minute, Rex!”

[21]

TiggerBane and Wobbly like this.
  16. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    "Roger that Shadi going in now." Rex proceeds to reload and then scale the wall of the building jumping in through the open window with the heat sensitive goggles down. Rex spins to the left and fires three times BAng. Bang. Bang. The heads of the three goblins hiding in the room are pierced straight through by the bullets. Rex then peeks his head outside of the window and shouts. "Shadi you can come up when I get to the door by walking downstairs because I think you might like to check what is up here." Rex opens the door and checks every door on his way down to the entrance. Rex finds nobody in any of the rooms but there is a room with a submachine gun on the table which he picks up and takes the ammo out of for Shadi.

"Shadi don't shoot it is me at the door I am going to open it now." Rex proceeds to open the door and throw the ammo at Shadi.

17. Wobbly

Reading List:
    Link
    [Green Trouble]|[Industrial District] – [ Outside The Abandoned Warehouse]
    Rocco listened to his two teammates and silently prayed for their safety. He was currently injured, and couldn't even use his gun. He did a good job, a great job. He was satisfied with what he had done. Not anybody could kill as many foes as he did without dying. Still, he wished he could help somehow, rather than just stay in the darkness waiting for help to arrive. He tried to move his arm, but a jolting pain ran threw the marrow of his bones and he gave up on trying to move. He sighed and thought of the mission. It wasn't too hard to understand. Get some data and get rid of the gang that stole it in the first place. However, he couldn't help but wonder why they couldn't just steal the data and run away with it, leaving the gang to the armed force of whoever hired them.

Rocco coughed as some dust got into his lungs. No point in pondering about this now. Right now, his two allies were in enemy territory. Although most of the gang had been taken out and Rex was an impressive combatant, danger was an everpresent spirit in battle who could change the tides with a single wave. Rocco slowly layed on his back, making sure his wings weren't crushed underneath him, and looked at the black sky with eyes that glimmered in the stead of the absent stars.

@shad12ow @TiggerBane

shad12ow and TiggerBane like this.
  18. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    “Roger that.”

Just after I said that, the power went back up again, the sign that the 1 minute duration of my power jammer was up. As all of the lamps in warehouse lit up again…no, some of the lamp didn’t light up. I guess that sudden outage has broken them. So as some of the lamps in the warehouse lit up again, I stood up from my position after plugging off my holotablet from the access point. The area was silent after all of those shooting noises from that one particular area. I winched as a sharp pain once again came from my wound. We really need to get out of here fast. And also Rocco too. I don’t know how bad his wounds were.

As I ascended the stair, I looked around the place. This place really was abandoned. But I could still see some leftover crate and such. Of course, among those crates I could also see the corpse of the once goblin and orc thugs. Sadly, I can’t even pity them. Not because of their hostility toward me, but their stupidity to take a data for ransom. I don’t know who was the client for this particular mission, but judging from the scale of the operation, I think they would be from a rather medium to big corporation. Maybe I’ll know when I looked at the HDD that I will need to bring. But then again, my action of prying for more info might harm me in the future, thus I think I will just ignore it. No benefit for me knowing it too.

“Roger that, I won’t shoot,” I said to reply to Rex’s word.

As the door opened, the first thing that entered my eyes was a small black object. I instinctively caught the object and then realized that it was a magazine. Although I don’t know the bullet exact size, judging from the size of the magazine, it might be similar to my PDW. Maybe I could use it.

“Thanks, Rex,” I said to the one that threw that to me.

After that, I entered the room. Of course, I found the corpses of three goblins with their head splattered, testimonies of how good Rex’s marksmanship was. And then I scanned the room. As I thought, I could see some electronic equipment that was plugged into the large harddrive. I guess they were trying to keep some of the data even after receiving the money. Typical mindset. Can’t blame them. I did have the same thought flashed in my head a moment ago.

“Cover me for a bit, I’ll take care of the data,” I said to Rex who was still behind me. “From my last visual, there shouldn’t be anyone else. But we can’t be so sure.”

I then took out my holotablet again and plug it into the harddrive. I also plug one of the cable into the what seems to be a rather low-end PC. Always hated this kind of thing. The thing you can get cheaply from some vendor of dubious background in Chinatown. Bad hardware, even worse software. But they’re dirt cheap, we can’t complain about that. Anyway, if their skill is as bad as their equipment, I can deal with them fast. As in, real fast. Just…I think the pain on my shoulder will really disturb me.

“When I’m done with the harddrive, we can bring it and then get out of here after we help Rocco. I will also keep my eyes on the surveillance system. Hope it will not pick up any more hostile.”

And with that, I took a deep breath and let my finger dance on the keyboard. Time to end this mission.

[24]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  19. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    "That was the machine they were using to hack and store the data huh I remember when those things were popular it would have been back when I was 13 years old now wouldn't it." Rex having followed Shadi to make sure that he wasn't ambushed by anything on the way to the room where he believed the data to be and having searched the three dead bodies for weaponry he noticed what Shadi was working upon. An old machine that was extremely popular back when Rex was 13 years old and probably for a while after. "I am really surprised that any of those things still work after all this time."

Rex then seeing Shadi's terminal on his wrist realises that he probably needs to learn about upper ranking security technology again if a lower city person can now afford one of those "workpads". This isn't unexpected to him as well the last time he had taken a "course" was 20 years ago.

Stopping watching Shadi Rex hears a noise and stands between the doorway and Shadi with the PDW he "liberated" from the Goblins whilst facing the exit. A orc wearing a monocle peeks around the corner and a bullet smashes through the glass and into his brain knocking him over Rex then runs at the orc and cuts it's throat just in case. "Shadi once you are done with that we are going to have to move fast I think because there is a hidden tunnel somewhere nearby."

shad12ow likes this.
  20. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    [Green Trouble]|[Industrial District] – [Abandon Warehouse Upper Room]
    The codes in the system was….to say it politely, simpl. To say it bluntly, amateurish and very, very useless. They are what we called nested garbage. A simple command being repeated over and over again with an unreachable goal in the end. I mean, it might get to its goal one day. But not any time soon. That’s how horrible and, to say it even more harshly, idiot the codes are. Oh, I meant the code that is being used to hack into the harddrive. As I expected, the harddrive is intact without a single breach from the so called hacking attempt. That’s one good thing.

Another good thing is that I have done unplugging the safety connection to the harddrive. As sophisticated and secure the harddrive it, it is still somewhat prone to damage if I just unplugged the cable and connection to it without a proper closure. After doing that, I can really unplug everything from it.

“W-What the!?”

I was taken away from my own concentration due to a sudden gunshot. I immediately pulled out my PDW and aimed at the direction of the sound, only to found it was from Rex’s gun. To my surprise, I found my eyes fell on to a fresh corpse of an orc that I am sure I didn’t see when I walked into the room.

“..Hidden tunnel?”

My face paled as I heard Rex’s reply. Unfortunately, I couldn’t say that the chance of that is zero. Due to the dilapidated condition of the warehouse, the surveillance system couldn’t give me a proper visual of all the area. Heck, the power line and lighting fixtures were broken on most part. It means that what Rex said could happen. That also means that we have to haul ass ASAP.

“Got it!”

I quickly unplugged the connection to my holotablet and put back the cables and connectors into my bag. I than also disconnected the connectors to the harddrive and lifted it up with my right hand. It was quite heavy, but I can still manage. But before moving on, I put down the harddrive behind me and then pulled out my PDW. I aimed it at the various electronic devices in the room and then pulled the trigger. A barrage of bullet hit the devices, rendering them useless and turning them into scrap metal. One can never be too careful. And speaking of careful, I replaced the magazine of my gun with my last fresh one. I’ll keep the one Rex gave me for emergency.

“Let’s go. We’re done,” I said to Rex as I lifted up the harddrive. “We need to get Rocco too. You will have to cover both of us since I’m going to be a prime target now.”

Yeah, prime target. Slow moving, unable to shoot back. Yup, definitely prime target.

[26]