Prometheus Agency Prometheus Agency - Lower City

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Feb 21, 2018.

1. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    [Chinatown] - [Jiahong's bar]
    "No I am fine with it but Bao fell in with a gang huh that really surprises me after what happened to his Gramps and Pa. Ahh yes I was a friend of his old man and I thought that he might have sold the place by now I went to his funeral I was an army mate of his Grandpa back in the day." Rex pauses for a second before noticing that he hasn't introduced himself. "Ohh I'm sorry by the way I am Rex and you are?"

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    Quaesitor likes this.
  2. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    "I'm sure he had his reasons, everyone does. I didn't know his grandpa was in the army, though." Hearing Rex introduce himself, Victor remembered that he also hadn't introduced himself yet. "Right, nice to meet you, Rex. I'm Victor, corpse removal service."

TiggerBane likes this.
  3. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    "Aye who knows why he did it but so long as he is still living well is all I care about. I used to be a sniper for the military back in the global war era just like his gramps and many of the others people that I met. Nowadays I act as a saxophonist and hitman when it pays well enough. I am quite old if you didn't notice 65 years old and back then most people were in the military it would probably be rarer to find someone who didn't serve in some way from my generation than somebody that did." Rex looks slightly sad whilst saying this as memories of comrades that he knew and lost flash through his head.

*****@shad12ow is this right or wrong?*****

shad12ow and Quaesitor like this.
  4. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    "The global war era... I've only heard about it from others until now. My family couldn't afford to send me to school, like most families in the area I'm from. I don't often see people as old as you. But you're a musician? Maybe you could play here for some time, just ask Bao about it. As for your other job, if you need my services, just call me. I don't request a lot of money for my jobs, but I make sure to do it right." While saying this, Victor hands Rex a simple business card.

TiggerBane likes this.
  5. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    "I don't want any full time occupation and I already bought a busking licence anyway so I won't bother him with the story of my life." The waitress walks back over and places the drink in an empty spot on the table. "Thanks lass." Rex takes a sip of the drink "hmm that was nice but I am sure it used to be nicer must've started going past it's best point in time. Anyway about the Global war I don't think you missed out on learning too much from missing it from my personal experience it was quite a hell." Rex proceeds to take a gulp of his drink bringing it down to the halfway mark. "Anyway how is the corpse removal service paying I don't think I have ever met a member of that group in all my years unless they work under another alias at times?"

Quaesitor likes this.
  6. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    [Between Entry/Exit of Paradise to Entry/Exit Industrial District.]

"Oi ?" Right, he was there for a deal, to pick up some materials, but why was he ambushed ? After a sigh, Sunao simply drew out his gun and said to the five guys surrounding him.
    "So who want to die first ?" The ambushers snickered at his words, he was alone against five persons and well, since when an one armed bastard is threatening ? He isn't.

"Ha ! Look at yourself ! Since when a cheeky brat from Middle City can mess around in Lower City as he want ? Because Daddy got your b-" He didn't even the time to finish his words as gunshot was heard, a ball landed into the fool's head.
    "Oh, no worries about my father, I can manages shits like you with much ease." his words were filled with disdain, and his smiled seemed cruel as another ball was shot, another one fall onto the ground.

"Ha, so what else do you have to add ?" One armed yet he was more dangerous than the three of them, they often saw him wandering in the Lower City and threatening people, but he never used his gun as far as they remember, but it looks like they were wrong, he wasn't afraid of killing.

"Why a bunch of waste are taking my time... and there is probably no materials... haaa... such a shame... I wasted time and cartridges..." He couldn't help but only sigh as he decided to waste even more ammunition, it may be troublesome if one of them stay alive, they may want to retaliate and avoiding troubles was a priority for his father.
    As he used this last opportunity since there was three left, he used another bullet to kill one, then he kicked one in the face, a bit later, he felt someone punching left side, where he had no arm.

"Bas. Tard."

It made him furious, he headbutted then hit this trash's neck with his gun, crushing it along with the bones and arteries, then the last one who was still dizzy from the hit tried to run but he tripped as his scream almost echoed.
    "N-no ! L-"

"Fuck off." His knee crashed into his face and broke his nose, the blood kept flowing, however, that wasn't the end, he gave another one.
    "Heh." Then another one, and another one. Again and again and again, even if the face wasn't recognizable, he continued until it was dead.

"Ahhhh~ I feel better now, you wasted my time, you forced my father to call me and give me a day off, and I couldn't even get materials.
    "Such a bad day... and now I am a mess... I need to take a shower..." After a sigh, instead of entering the Industrial District, he just went back into the Paradise, going deeper, toward an Apartment Complex, the "Great Wall".

"It looks like I will need to trouble him. That's perfect, I wanted to pay him a visit." He was going to take news of his friend named Shou, he planned to do it after getting materials but since there was no deals from the start.

OOC: *pokes @BB_Tensei *

BB_Tensei likes this.
  7. BB_Tensei

BB_Tensei [Crystal Operator][Jack of all Trades]

Reading List:
    Link
    Shou was in the middle of eating warm makeshift Katsudon under the unblinking gaze of Maya. It was hard for his shaky hands to hold it, so she had been helping him by expertly feeding him with a pair of chopsticks. Meanwhile the cold air was accomodating itself in the one-room apartment, and the door remained where it was, on the floor in two large pieces. What were those made of anyway? Tin?

The intruder had been disposed of with the collective effort of the two occupants of the apartment, taking a rather long fall down multiple floors, and barely missed a garbage container on the way. He wasn't going to walk this off in any capacity, and was probably already robbed of all his valuables, though Shou still carried with him some of the morals of Middle City, thus couldn't help himself to any of that guy's possessions. He drew the line at self-defense, as much as no such had been actually done by himself.

Shou did consider himself pathetic, but that wasn't any of Maya's concern, as she merely continued feeding him, singing a lullaby to calm him down. Shou considered reprogramming her now, as he felt pathethic and powerless. Many thoughts entered his head, and made him reconsider his life choices over and over. But it would pass. You don't become like he was, without the ability to shut out one's more realistic self-judgement in favor of aesthetics.

"Maya, I can do this myself. I... don't want to be seen right now, please tell anybody who comes not to enter."

"Hai, Goshujin-sama~" the artificial girl responded, and slowly moved to the entrance, to assume a stand by position to better do as instructed.

Naraku likes this.
  8. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Ahh... finally there... I hate those stairs..." said Sunao as he felt like his legs were already sore, honestly, if there was nobody at their home, he would maybe break through the window, he can always wait for them and pay back with some credits after all. They will forgive him, that's what he thought, and also, since their sense of value were different, maybe Sunao would end up at giving a bit too much... on purpose of course, he doesn't like showing that kind of side.

"Hey ! Shou ! Maya, it's me, I need... some help right now !" Right, he was drenched in blood, alright, it wasn't his but still, it would be troublesome if someone sees this, he would need to silence him in a way or another, except if it was his acquaintances like both of them. Knocking at the window, he was waiting for a response.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    BB_Tensei likes this.
  9. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    [Industrial District]-[Kenobi's Shop]

Tal shuffled up to the medium-sized workshop. An acquaintance, one of the few he had, had recommended it as a nice place to work at without major connections to Kova or Arch that might otherwise precede him. Kenobi's. He liked the flavor of the name. It seemed to have an air of occult mystery to it as well, a flavor of magic and science combined, and, if there was anything he had learned in his studies, it was that the occult paid attention to the little things like names. A good place then. He walked past the battered metal door and managed to slip past the man at the front desk who was busy negotiating with a man dressed in a quite fine suit.

Non-chalantly walking through the shop he glanced into a room and found what he had been looking for. He walked into the room and towards the person who he believed to be the head of the shop, a sturdy and gruff middle-aged-looking mechanic, Ben Kenobi, currently leaning against the wall and admiring a sleek flying car that he had been working on. He and the other mechanics of Kenobi's were highly skilled and independent of the main corporations. While, not the wealthiest by any means, living and working in the Lower City, Kenobi's was still highly-regarded by those who needed work done in the city, especially when it was on the stranger side. Old Ben was even rumored to have fought in the Global War, which belied his by-comparison youthful appearance.
    [​IMG]

"Ah, Ben? Ben Kenobi? Is that you sir?"

He looked up slowly and gave a small nod, before giving Talenel a brief lookover. "He's me." Kenobi patiently waited for the strange young man before him to continue.

"Well, I'm looking for a job and was told you might be hiring by a mutual acquaintance. I figure that you have enough space for me to do some research as well. So when can I start?"

Ben looked him over and gave a snort. "And who do you think you are? I don't hire just anyone here. I got a reputation to uphold. And I don't need some fool boy messing up my shop. It's professional and not a place for some kid who doesn't know shit from a shaper."

Tal got red in the face and angrily retorted, "My name is Talenel Elin and I've been doing mech work on and off for over 14 years years now and probably had a more standard education than you did! I've done work that you probably wouldn't understand even if I explained it to you ten times!" His hands were clenched into fists as he glared at this poor ignorant mechanic.

'Elin, I've heard that name before, that's a Kova name. Hmm, he must be that boy I heard about awhile back. Interesting.' Ben tossed a strange mechanical gizmo to the kid. "Try solving that little toy right there if you think you know more than me, boy. A green light will turn on if it does. I've seen a lot in my time and if you can fix that in the next fifteen minutes, I'll give you what you want at the shop as the top mech."

Tal studied it intensely and taking out some of his tools and his glasses he analyzed and magnified the finer parts. He carefully analyzed each and every part to find something wrong. Sensing little, he began to take it apart and look for a defective part. Half an hour later, having gone through the whole gadget and found nothing, Tal, even redder in the face, admitted defeat. Ben moved to take it back, only for Tal to refuse.

"There's obviously something I don't know. Happy? But I'm gonna figure this stupid little thing out, if it's the last thing I do. I don't give a damn if you hire me."

Ben nodded and gave a slight smile. The fool seemed to have a stubborn curious streak that would serve him well, beyond his arrogance and anger. "Keep it then, you fool boy. But I think you might be a fool who'll fit in well with my shop. But I'm telling you, you're gonna be on the lowest level, barely above the apprentices, with a corresponding wage and I bet the senior apprentices'll know some things that you don't too. And if you keep that attitude, this shop won't stand you and I won't keep you. I can give you a small workspace as well. The head mech and I'll take a look at what you know and give you corresponding work or assign you to work with one of the other mechs, if it's something new. Agreed?"

Tal looked up from the gizmo and nodded. "So when can I start?"

Ben smiled broader. He hoped this would work out better than the chaos that had occurred with the last young arrogant mech he'd hired. Then again, that dumb boy eventually grew into the shop's head mech before moving onto his own place, so maybe not. "You can start today. You're workshop is the small one in the corner." To his immense surprise, the boy ran out of the shop, then ran back in with several cases of tools and equipment and even a small futon that he set down in the small space that was no his. Tal glanced about and said, "Guess this is home now."

10. Viator

Viator [Cult of Pyoo: Pyoo's Oak Tree]

Reading List:
    Link
    [Paradise] [Oasis studio Apartments]

When Elias Awoke, his whole body hurt like hell! "Uggh" he groaned as Twitch scurried about at his feet.

"I should never do anything like that again!"

He rolled of his cot as Twitch scurried away rolling his brusied shoulders. He would be very stiff today. He searched across his floor for a set of clothes that weren't too filthy. Finding a shirt he poked a finger through a new hole chewed in it by a certain rat.

"This is my favorite shirt Twitch!" He lightly complained.

Getting dressed Elias headed out the door. He needed to get art supplies today, good ones, if he was to land this job with the business man he met the other night. Elias sighed, he didn't get the chance to shop in the diamond district the other day, but he didn't want to go back and risk another altercation with a crazy rich bastard! He would have to settle for Fleatown, to maybe get some good but obviously stolen supplies.

Elias Exited the appartment destination in mind.

Exitiumm likes this.
  11. Gutu

Gutu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [Between Entry/Exit to Paradise and Entry/Exit to Industrial District]
    There was a story that children were told to make them behave. It was the story of the Savior, seemingly a a person who had entered this world with the pillars of light. He was one of the first to do so. It is said that he came from a world where there was no sorrow and no pain. And so on coming to ours he had the his first experience of the dark side of our species. At first he was confused, then he felt sad, and finally rage overtook him. It wasn’t supposed to be this way he thought. Why was everyone so cruel? He couldn’t understand. Finally he took it upon himself to make this world like his home, absolutely peaceful where no one would suffer. To do this he decided to end all the cruel ones. So be nice and be wary for one day in some dark alley he may decide you not worthy of his utopian vision and kill you in a way that you feel every bit of pain you have inflicted on others.

Saf had heard of this tale at a time she could no longer be considered a child but it had still made shivers run down her spine. She was sometimes reminded of this tale when she saw violence. Like right now on street corner she saw a lone one armed man brutally killing five people. Though this was pretty commonplace for this area it still scared the shit out of her. Calming herself down she saw the one armed man had disappeared, leaving the corpses behind.
    ( @Naraku )

[District 9] [Weapons Testing Facility]

Safi made her way to the office of the head engineer. The man had been one of her mentors previously and she had gotten more knowledge about making weapons than he was aware of. Dalvi Nycr was not a talkative man but he was one of the only people who she trusted to have her back if she ever got into trouble.

“Got any job for me Dalvi?” Saf said bursting into the room without knocking. The man with greying hair looked up from the papers he was looking at and gave her an incredulous look.

“Huh, you’re still alive?” Dalvi said mockingly “I thought by now you would screw up one of your little experiments and blow yourself up.”

Saf dramatically gasped “And here I was thinking you missed me. You just broke my heart.”

Dalvi looked unamused.

“Stop with the the theatrics and follow me. I want your opinion on something.”

12. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    "Well, you really don't have a reason to ask him, then. It's a bit sad about the drinks, but they still are better than most others you can get in the area. And from the bit I heard about the global war, I can believe you. As for the corpse removal service..."

Thinking about it for a few seconds, Victor continues: "They rarely are as open about their business as I am. Many Special Cleaning things are corpse removal, and those that deal with burials do it sometimes, too. It also is easy to sell your corpse to a megacorp doing medical research, they can always use them to test stuff on. You won't get much, though..."

TiggerBane likes this.
  13. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    "Hmm I guess I have meet some then I am sure they used to call themselves sweepers but I guess they decided to stop sounding like they didn't deal with bodies huh." Rex proceeds to drink another quarter of his drink. "Alcohol my sweet baby we meet again. Oh and about the drinks being worse it's not bad or anything the standard has just dropped 3 points from my old ranking of 10000 points on all the bars in the three major areas I enter it's still third best bar I have ever been to though at 643 points."

Quaesitor likes this.
  14. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    "I don't know, but that's possible. And that's a rather big rating, although the third highest being at 643 points is rather shocking."

TiggerBane likes this.
  15. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    "All 10 important factors for bars are included in it and well many bars don't fulfil all the scores that well and this bar happens to fulfil 3 of them really well and the rest mediocerly the drinks were the best at 100 points with atmosphere and clientele. But now they are only 97 points and the others I can't judge that fast. The size of the score being 10000 is to show the distinct difference between the first + second and the rest of the bars that I have been to all 1000 of them."

Quaesitor likes this.
  16. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    "That's complicated... is that really necessary for bars? And that's... a lot of bars."

TiggerBane likes this.
  17. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    "It's very necessary and well I visit about 500 different bars during my military career from 13 to 35 where I visited about 200 different bars over the entire course and included them in the rankings plus the 535 that my father left behind for me from his own rankings and the final 300 or so from the years 36 to 48."

Quaesitor likes this.
  18. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    RIght now, Victor can do nothing but stare at Rex in amazement.

TiggerBane likes this.
  19. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    "Why are you looking at me so surprisedly it's a family tradition there is over 100000 bars in the list but almost all of them have dissapeared by now.

Quaesitor likes this.
  20. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    "A family tradition... way too many bars..." After being shocked for a few more seconds, Victor manages to somehow pull himself together. "Well, then I'm sure you have many stories to tell?"